Other Team Building Shop [Closed, read post 62]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trinitrotoluene why do you use icicle spear and not icicle crash? Also, shouldn't latias have 244 speed? Other than that, thanks alot for the team :)

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
AGuyWithPants

the choice of using icicle spear on mamo is more of a personal bias in play. i just like having the possibility of having a stronger move in play. you can change it to icicle crash if you want to. also, stathakis has outlined more reasons to use icicle spear in the post below.

if latias has a perfect speed iv, it only needs 240 speed evs to outrun max speed keldeo and terrakion.

Last edited:
The Bravest Bird Kiga

Raikou @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Extrasensory
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Calm Mind

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Voice
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock
- Taunt

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Counter
- Roost
- Stealth Rock
- Defog

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 240 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower
I just wanted to point out that the Skarmory on this team is currently running Keen Eye. Might wanna go back and fix that to Sturdy.

Subject 18 Edit: I fixed it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you created my Pokemon Team? I think I was skipped
Dude, chill out and read the title, which specifically says "closed" and to read post 62. Teambuilding isn't something where you can just slap something together and call it a day, it requires testing, not to mention irl stuff getting in the way. Even if you weren't picked this round, which is a possibility, you will probably have top priority next round so be patient, I'm sure you haven't been forgotten by the builders.

just so everyone is clear, no one has been skipped unless your request was dumb (Dalai Drama). I am going to leave for a basketball tournament in around 25 mins and be gone until Sunday night so the team building resides in my colleagues. We are all kinda building teams together so it doesn't really matter who posts anyway as more than likely the team was built by multiple people. See you all when I get back! :toast:

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Sorry I haven't posted teams, I wanted to 1) post them all together this round and 2) I've been trying to test my teams more this round than last one, which has lead to it taking quite a bit longer. Anyway, I decided that posting them all together is dumb and so I'll just post each team here once I'm confident that it is effective.

Ohioisonfire

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Bulk Up
- Taunt
- Roost

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 228 HP / 252 SpA / 28 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Defog

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide

Most people run WoW on their BU Talonflame, but I wanted to try something different. I have always found that BU Talon is useless against stall with WoW, so I put Taunt on it instead. Taunt makes Talonflame, ironically, a counter to Heatran. It switches in, not fearing any move other than the extremely rare (and imo bad) Stone Edge/Ancient Power. From there, it can Taunt as the Heatran inevitably tries to Toxic or Roar it out. This gives Talonflame a chance to get to +1 at least, even higher if Heatran comes in to counter Talon once it seens BU (which a lot of people will try to do). Stall teams are completely 6-0ed by this Talonflame, with the only threats being CM Suicune and Charizard-X if you haven't gotten to +2 yet. But it does lure Heatran, so I canted to use a bunch of Pokemon that could force Heatran in for Talonflame to set up on. The first and most obvious one for me to choose was Mega Venusaur, which has great natural synergy with Talonflame, checking Thundurus and resisting water attacks from the likes of Suicune and bulky Azumarill. Zard Y, Heatran, and Landorus are also decently easy for Talonflame to switch into, so the two seemed to fit. Banded Scizor was admittedly an odd choice, but it gives the team priority for cleaning if Talonflame goes down as well as a way of grabbing momentum with strong U-turns. Not to mention that it can switch in fairly easily against Latios/Latias as long as they aren't carrying HP Fire, but at -2 they become setup bait for Talon regardless. Latios is a solid defogger, secondary Landorus/Keldeo check, and powerful hitter that not many offensive teams want to switch into. Scarf Keldeo is a really underrated mon, and it does a number of things for the team: the first is check Gyarados. Whether it's Mega or regular, Scarf Keldeo can come in and OHKO with the right coverage move. It can even take a hit if it needs to. Furthermore, Scarf Keldeo is a hilarious check to Greninja. It can't switch in on Extrasensory, but it can switch in on Ice Beams or Dark Pulses directed at Latios and OHKO with Secret Sword. Another option for this slot is Azumarill if you feel Dragon types are too hard to handle, but I thought Azumarill was me building defensively and thought Keldeo fit better. Lastly, Landorus-T provides Stealth Rock and checks bird spam as well as Zard X.

Will post other teams as soon as I have them n_n

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
Sorry for the double post but idt tags work if I edit them in so woops.

Gyarados @ Lum Berry
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

Breloom @ Focus Sash
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Tomb
- Spore

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 160 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Psychic
- Stealth Rock

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Healing Wish

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 60 HP / 252 Atk / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Belly Drum

Jin White

This team works kind of like one of those 1-6 teams where everything breaks down counters to the next thing. In this instance, Gyarados breaks for Azumarill which breaks for Charizard. I went with regular Gyarados on this one simply because I have really enjoyed using it lately and it gave me a bit more freedom to choose my mega later in the building process. Sash Loom is really the only one worth using in my opinion, so that's what I decided to use. Latias was actually my next pick. When you have a sweeper and a sash mon, it's hard to go wrong with Healing Wish. It also provided Defog support for Gyarados, should I need it. I chose Landorus because the core itself wasn't very effective against stall and really needed both a Ground immunity that wouldn't be fucked by Rock Slide the enxt turn and a Rocks setter. I chose Azumarill because I realized it has really decent offensive synergy with Gyarados, which can beat Mega Venusaur, Lati@s, and weaken Skarm and Rotom-W for BD Azu to sweep. It also helps the team better handle the Lati twins and Greninja in addition to helping to break down walls. I tried out a bunch of different Megas here (originally tried Mega Manectric, then Mega Ttar and finally settled on Mega Charizard. Zard with Outrage can sometimes help against stall and hopefully take care of their unaware Pokemon so that Azumarill can break through it late-game.

Sorry I haven't posted teams, I wanted to 1) post them all together this round and 2) I've been trying to test my teams more this round than last one, which has lead to it taking quite a bit longer. Anyway, I decided that posting them all together is dumb and so I'll just post each team here once I'm confident that it is effective.

Ohioisonfire

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Bulk Up
- Taunt
- Roost

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 228 HP / 252 SpA / 28 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

Scizor @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Defog

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide

Most people run WoW on their BU Talonflame, but I wanted to try something different. I have always found that BU Talon is useless against stall with WoW, so I put Taunt on it instead. Taunt makes Talonflame, ironically, a counter to Heatran. It switches in, not fearing any move other than the extremely rare (and imo bad) Stone Edge/Ancient Power. From there, it can Taunt as the Heatran inevitably tries to Toxic or Roar it out. This gives Talonflame a chance to get to +1 at least, even higher if Heatran comes in to counter Talon once it seens BU (which a lot of people will try to do). Stall teams are completely 6-0ed by this Talonflame, with the only threats being CM Suicune and Charizard-X if you haven't gotten to +2 yet. But it does lure Heatran, so I canted to use a bunch of Pokemon that could force Heatran in for Talonflame to set up on. The first and most obvious one for me to choose was Mega Venusaur, which has great natural synergy with Talonflame, checking Thundurus and resisting water attacks from the likes of Suicune and bulky Azumarill. Zard Y, Heatran, and Landorus are also decently easy for Talonflame to switch into, so the two seemed to fit. Banded Scizor was admittedly an odd choice, but it gives the team priority for cleaning if Talonflame goes down as well as a way of grabbing momentum with strong U-turns. Not to mention that it can switch in fairly easily against Latios/Latias as long as they aren't carrying HP Fire, but at -2 they become setup bait for Talon regardless. Latios is a solid defogger, secondary Landorus/Keldeo check, and powerful hitter that not many offensive teams want to switch into. Scarf Keldeo is a really underrated mon, and it does a number of things for the team: the first is check Gyarados. Whether it's Mega or regular, Scarf Keldeo can come in and OHKO with the right coverage move. It can even take a hit if it needs to. Furthermore, Scarf Keldeo is a hilarious check to Greninja. It can't switch in on Extrasensory, but it can switch in on Ice Beams or Dark Pulses directed at Latios and OHKO with Secret Sword. Another option for this slot is Azumarill if you feel Dragon types are too hard to handle, but I thought Azumarill was me building defensively and thought Keldeo fit better. Lastly, Landorus-T provides Stealth Rock and checks bird spam as well as Zard X.

Will post other teams as soon as I have them n_n
Thanks a bunch! I'll defiantly go try this out. I have never actually considered running Taunt on Talonflame, and I actually like that idea. I do have a question though. On the Venusaur, what do those Speed EVs allow it to outspeed? Just curious. Thank you so much ^-^

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
k, i finished building teams for two more people on my reserve list that i feel work well enough. as always, you (the readers of this thread) are free to modify anything in these importables to match your own predispositions and ask me questions about the team and build processes.

operatic phantom (Gardevoir) (F) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 24 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock
- Taunt

garry kasparov (Bisharp) (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Iron Head

pony (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Hidden Power [Flying]

firebot (Heatran) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Lava Plume
- Toxic

landoge (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
- U-turn

eon (Latios) (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Roost

i started off w/ the mega gardevoir / bisharp / keldeo core that vyomov requested i build around. the only notable difference between the core used here and what i usually run is the use of assault vest on bisharp, which lets it more reliable check threats such as greninja and the lati twins. while i would normally go the offensive route and stack the team up w/ double genies and a dedicated sr lead (standard hyper offense yay!), i instead went the more balanced route and picked out a physically defensive heatran as the team's fourth member. this gave the team sr and a great counter to talonflame, which gave the mega gardevoir / bisharp / keldeo core some problems. i followed this up by adding landoge in as the team's scarfed pokemon. with intimidate, it could effectively check mega pinsir, megazard-x, mega tyranitar, and thundurus, so that's cool. the extra speed also allows landoge to get the jump on multiple threats that would normally be able to outrun and ohko it, such as the aforementioned thundurus, greninja, and the lati twins. latios was added in to serve as a filler mon of sorts due to its resistances, which are useful in stopping azumarill and opposing landorus. other options that work in the last slot include kyurem-b and amoonguss, depending on how offensive / defensive you want the team to be.

Medicham (F) @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Substitute

Garchomp (F) @ Yache Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang

Shuckle (F) @ Mental Herb
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 64 Def / 196 SpD
Bold Nature
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Encore
- Infestation

Aegislash (F) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Stance Change
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword
- Head Smash

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 56 Atk / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Azumarill (F) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 12 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Waterfall

dinotrek27, this is just a variant of the sticky web offense i usually run. i started off w/ shuckle and garchomp, per your request, but then i decided to get a little spicy. i added in mega medicham to act as a powerful breaker that could exploit the speed-lowering nature of sticky web. instead of going w/ 4 attacks, i used sub + 3 attacks to give opposing offense a tougher time working around megacham. w/ garchomp there to eliminate aegislash, i instead opted to use ice punch, which has the benefit of eliminating opposing gliscor and landorus-t. swords dance aegislash is present as another sticky web abuser and defogger eliminator. its typing also helps the team deal with threats like terrakion, mega gardevoir, and mega heracross, which is always helpful. thundurus helps the team deal with landorus and other nuisances, and its prankster thunder wave is there so the team doesn't crumble if sticky web is removed. azumarill is the team's pivot and catch-all check to many threats, such as greninja, tyranitar, and excadrill.

Thanks a lot Trinitrotoluene! I just wanted to know why Keldeo's running HP Flying over Icy Wind, which allows it to beat Latios and co?

Medicham (F) @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Substitute

Garchomp (F) @ Yache Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang

Shuckle (F) @ Mental Herb
EVs: 248 HP / 64 Def / 196 SpD
Bold Nature
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Encore
- Infestation

Aegislash (F) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Stance Change
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword
- Head Smash

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 56 Atk / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Azumarill (F) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 12 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Waterfall

dinotrek27, this is just a variant of the sticky web offense i usually run. i started off w/ shuckle and garchomp, per your request, but then i decided to get a little spicy. i added in mega medicham to act as a powerful breaker that could exploit the speed-lowering nature of sticky web. instead of going w/ 4 attacks, i used sub + 3 attacks to give opposing offense a tougher time working around megacham. w/ garchomp there to eliminate aegislash, i instead opted to use ice punch, which has the benefit of eliminating opposing gliscor and landorus-t. swords dance aegislash is present as another sticky web abuser and defogger eliminator. its typing also helps the team deal with threats like terrakion, mega gardevoir, and mega heracross, which is always helpful. thundurus helps the team deal with landorus and other nuisances, and its prankster thunder wave is there so the team doesn't crumble if sticky web is removed. azumarill is the team's pivot and catch-all check to many threats, such as greninja, tyranitar, and excadrill.
Thanks so much! However may I know why you ran a physical swords dance Aegislash instead of the standard mixed as I thought that the Swords dance set is considered bad thanks!

No, Swords Dance is fine. It's Swords Dance + King's Shield [StanceDance] that's considered bad due to its lack of coverage and overall predictability. The offensive Swords Dance set is actually on the analysis; check it out here.

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
vyomov, i ran hp flying because i have multiple methods of taking out the lati twins (av bisharp, mega gardevoir, scarf landoge, speed ties w/ latios itself), but relatively few methods of scratching mega venusaur and amoonguss (mega gardevoir, latios). while gardevoir and latios can deal w/ mega venusaur, they're incredibly obvious solutions, so i wanted a lure that could heavily damage them. however, if you're more comfortable using icy wind over hp flying, you can make that change for yourself. remember, you're free to modify the importable however you like.

dinotrek27, swords dance + 3 attacks aegislash isn't a bad set. it boasts a metric fuckton of power, and thanks to the increased speed, it can not only act as a lure to the main defoggers (lati twins, mandibuzz, zapdos), but also to bisharp, which gives sticky web offense grief. it's the stancedance set that's shite, as the poster above me has pointed out.

vyomov, i ran hp flying because i have multiple methods of taking out the lati twins (av bisharp, mega gardevoir, scarf landoge, speed ties w/ latios itself), but relatively few methods of scratching mega venusaur and amoonguss (mega gardevoir, latios). while gardevoir and latios can deal w/ mega venusaur, they're incredibly obvious solutions, so i wanted a lure that could heavily damage them. however, if you're more comfortable using icy wind over hp flying, you can make that change for yourself. remember, you're free to modify the importable however you like.

dinotrek27, swords dance + 3 attacks aegislash isn't a bad set. it boasts a metric fuckton of power, and thanks to the increased speed, it can not only act as a lure to the main defoggers (lati twins, mandibuzz, zapdos), but also to bisharp, which gives sticky web offense grief. it's the stancedance set that's shite, as the poster above me has pointed out.
Hey Trinitrotolune, I have been play testing this team and it has been working pretty great! However, one problem i have begun to notice a weakness to burn. Almost all my sweepers are physical attackers and very susceptible to burn and thundurus while not minding burn is often worn down quickly due to life orb recoil in tandem with the burn and hates switching into a scald. Is there anything i can do to circumvent this problem?

Edit: Also facing problems with stall teams utilising unaware cosmic power or cm clefable and fairies in general due to really lacking any poison or steel type moves.

Last edited:

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
if burns are bothering you, you could equip chomper w/ a lum berry and make aegislash a mixed set w/ 4 attacks (shadow ball / shadow sneak / iron head / sacred sword). this does make you a tad more vulnerable to thundurus, but changing up thundy for a latias w/ thunder wave over defog should help a bit. those are just a few hot fixes i came up w/ off the top of my head, and i'm sure there are some better solutions out there that i haven't thought of yet.

if the next round comes id still like my team built around lando t (just relized i looked at the wrong team). hate to bug you guys again but ive been waiting since round 1

Last edited:

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 160 HP / 4 Atk / 128 SpA / 216 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Focus Blast

Slowbro @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Slack Off
- Thunder Wave

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Foul Play
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Spore

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 248 HP / 24 Atk / 192 SpD / 44 Spe
Careful Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp

Skarmory @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Counter
- Taunt
- Roost
- Defog

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Wish
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock

Tyranitarphantom

I'm sorry, I know people hate stall but this is really the only place I could think to take this core outside of really shitty balance (none of these Pokemon learn SR and having an offensive SR setter on a balanced team with 3 defensive Pokes just didn't seem right). Instead, I decided to take the bulky defensive route with the core and made what I think is a decently effective stall team, albeit standard. The Regen core handles certain Pokemon really well. The entire core handles Keldeo hilariously well, whereas Torn does well against stuff like Landorus and a last-ditched check to Greninja. Hurricane also brings some power to the team, which stall always appreciates. Slowbro can check a lot of physical mons such as Charizard X (it can cripple it with Thunder Wave even if it has set up a Dragon Dance so that Charizard can revenge kill it), as well as non-LO Excadrill, Medicham, Garchomp, etc. Amoonguss can check Aegislash as well as Thundurus and Keldeo. I gave it Hidden Power Fire because it makes it a solid switch-in to Ferrothorn and can do serious damage to it. Charizard checks Gengar, and spreads burns to Pokemon like Mawile, which checking Bisharp and Thundurus with HP Flying/Psychic as well. It also takes out Heatran so that Slowbro doesn't have to risk the Lava Plume burn or a Toxic. Skarmory checks flying spam as well as Mega Gyarados and Mawile without Fire Fang, but it's mostly there for Defog support so that Regen and Charizard can be used to their full potential. Taunt can prevent Clefable from setting up, but it does have to be careful. Finally, Chansey provides some "I never die" support to the team, being a solid switch in to ever special attacker, as well as providing Wish Support to the team. Now, I have Rocks on Chansey, but it can be moved to Skarmory and Heal Bell can be used instead if you find that status is an issue, I just hate defog+sr on Skarm.

AGuyWithPants

the choice of using icicle spear on mamo is more of a personal bias in play. i just like having the possibility of having a stronger move in play. you can change it to icicle crash if you want to. also, stathakis has outlined more reasons to use icicle spear in the post below.

if latias has a perfect speed iv, it only needs 240 speed evs to outrun max speed keldeo and terrakion.
Hey Trinitrotoluene I have been laddering for a while now and my web offence team is peaking around the high 1800's compared to low 1700's before asking for your help! I wanna say thanks a lot for the team building and advice and I think I have a better grasp on how to make a good team now!

EVs: 160 HP / 4 Atk / 128 SpA / 216 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Focus Blast

Slowbro @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Slack Off
- Thunder Wave

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Foul Play
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Spore

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 248 HP / 24 Atk / 192 SpD / 44 Spe
Careful Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp

Skarmory @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Counter
- Taunt
- Roost
- Defog

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Wish
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock

Tyranitarphantom

I'm sorry, I know people hate stall but this is really the only place I could think to take this core outside of really shitty balance (none of these Pokemon learn SR and having an offensive SR setter on a balanced team with 3 defensive Pokes just didn't seem right). Instead, I decided to take the bulky defensive route with the core and made what I think is a decently effective stall team, albeit standard. The Regen core handles certain Pokemon really well. The entire core handles Keldeo hilariously well, whereas Torn does well against stuff like Landorus and a last-ditched check to Greninja. Hurricane also brings some power to the team, which stall always appreciates. Slowbro can check a lot of physical mons such as Charizard X (it can cripple it with Thunder Wave even if it has set up a Dragon Dance so that Charizard can revenge kill it), as well as non-LO Excadrill, Medicham, Garchomp, etc. Amoonguss can check Aegislash as well as Thundurus and Keldeo. I gave it Hidden Power Fire because it makes it a solid switch-in to Ferrothorn and can do serious damage to it. Charizard checks Gengar, and spreads burns to Pokemon like Mawile, which checking Bisharp and Thundurus with HP Flying/Psychic as well. It also takes out Heatran so that Slowbro doesn't have to risk the Lava Plume burn or a Toxic. Skarmory checks flying spam as well as Mega Gyarados and Mawile without Fire Fang, but it's mostly there for Defog support so that Regen and Charizard can be used to their full potential. Taunt can prevent Clefable from setting up, but it does have to be careful. Finally, Chansey provides some "I never die" support to the team, being a solid switch in to ever special attacker, as well as providing Wish Support to the team. Now, I have Rocks on Chansey, but it can be moved to Skarmory and Heal Bell can be used instead if you find that status is an issue, I just hate defog+sr on Skarm.
I love stall, and this is the exact kind of team I was looking for. Funny though, part of why I asked for this was to compare my team-building to that of an official Team Rater, and...
Slowbro (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Slack Off
- Toxic

Amoonguss (M) @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 SpD
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Spore
- Foul Play

EVs: 132 HP / 160 SpA / 216 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Air Slash
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 248 HP / 228 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
- Stealth Rock
- Aromatherapy

Skarmory (F) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Brave Bird
- Defog

I initially had Zapdos over Skarm, and I have Flare Blitz on Zard to give me a chance to defeat Clefable. I'll try out your version of the team, and see what I like more about it (Counter+Taunt Skarm sounds neat, as does HP Fire Amoonguss.) I appreciate this, so thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)