Project Team Building Shop Redux [CLOSED FOR REQUESTS, BUILDING]

Status
Not open for further replies.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
You...You...

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 244 Atk / 12 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm
- Ice Punch

Honchkrow @ Life Orb
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Sucker Punch
- Brave Bird
- Heat Wave
- Superpower

Manaphy @ Wacan Berry
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Tail Glow

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 76 SpD / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Encore
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Healing Wish
- Defog
I changed up some of the sets a bit for the sake of meta-trends and ease if you don't mind. With that said I went Ice Punch M-Metagross to handle stuff like Lando-T and Garchomp better to name a few, which is good btw for removing Garchomp out of the picture since they're seen being tank sets normally and Meteor Mash will end up adding more residual damage and in range of an EQ KO. 4 Attack Honchkrow with Heat Wave coverage for Ferrothorn, Scizor, and Skarmory which M-Metagross likes out of the way in general. 3 attacks Tail Glow Manaphy serves as a wall-breaker on this team to break defensive builds for M-Metagross and the team in general. Tank chomp is the rock setter with Fire Blast for the same reasons as Honchkrows Heat Wave but to make sure the Scizor weak mons that are crucial to the teams success such as M-Metagross and Latias aren't taken advantage of. Encore Calm Mind Clefable you could say is the stall-breaker of sorts for this team as Encoring on a predicted set up or recovery move like SD Gliscor or Tail Glow Manaphy gives it a free turn to Calm Mind, Heal HP, or give a partner something breathing room to come in more easily. Also sort of needed it for Weavile which pretty much floored all the builds I had previously during testing along with a secondary Dragon switch in. Offensive Healing Wish Latias with Thunderbolt for Azumarill, Talonflame, Gyarados, and Slowbro without dropping special attack using Draco Meteors.

Earthquake > Hammer on M-Gross to handle other M-Gross a bit better Hone Claws / Rock Polish or Agility with 3 Attack set for a set up sweeper with M-Gross as well. HP Fire on Manaphy for luring in Ferrothorn and Scizor even more. Coverage move such as Ice Beam or Flamethrower over Encore to be less of an Gliscor switch in with Ice Beam or Excadrill / Bisharp with Flamethrower. Unaware with Moonlight, Moonblast, Calm Mind, Heal Bell I think is the most legitimate change you could make on Clefable considering the teams weakness to Serperior. Surf > Tbolt to hit Hippowdon and fat grounds and big threats like Landorus along with a fatter EV spread to handle Gengar slightly better as it's a weakness on this team right now tht's beaten through keeping Manaphy healthy. Another one that can be experimented basically went through like 5 different versions and would end up making more but I got to decide on something sooner or later hahaha. Enjoy.

You...You...

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 244 Atk / 12 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm
- Ice Punch

Honchkrow @ Life Orb
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Sucker Punch
- Brave Bird
- Heat Wave
- Superpower

Manaphy @ Wacan Berry
Ability: Hydration
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Tail Glow

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 76 SpD / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Encore
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Healing Wish
- Defog
I changed up some of the sets a bit for the sake of meta-trends and ease if you don't mind. With that said I went Ice Punch M-Metagross to handle stuff like Lando-T and Garchomp better to name a few, which is good btw for removing Garchomp out of the picture since they're seen being tank sets normally and Meteor Mash will end up adding more residual damage and in range of an EQ KO. 4 Attack Honchkrow with Heat Wave coverage for Ferrothorn, Scizor, and Skarmory which M-Metagross likes out of the way in general. 3 attacks Tail Glow Manaphy serves as a wall-breaker on this team to break defensive builds for M-Metagross and the team in general. Tank chomp is the rock setter with Fire Blast for the same reasons as Honchkrows Heat Wave but to make sure the Scizor weak mons that are crucial to the teams success such as M-Metagross and Latias aren't taken advantage of. Encore Calm Mind Clefable you could say is the stall-breaker of sorts for this team as Encoring on a predicted set up or recovery move like SD Gliscor or Tail Glow Manaphy gives it a free turn to Calm Mind, Heal HP, or give a partner something breathing room to come in more easily. Also sort of needed it for Weavile which pretty much floored all the builds I had previously during testing along with a secondary Dragon switch in. Offensive Healing Wish Latias with Thunderbolt for Azumarill, Talonflame, Gyarados, and Slowbro without dropping special attack using Draco Meteors.

Earthquake > Hammer on M-Gross to handle other M-Gross a bit better Hone Claws / Rock Polish or Agility with 3 Attack set for a set up sweeper with M-Gross as well. HP Fire on Manaphy for luring in Ferrothorn and Scizor even more. Coverage move such as Ice Beam or Flamethrower over Encore to be less of an Gliscor switch in with Ice Beam or Excadrill / Bisharp with Flamethrower. Unaware with Moonlight, Moonblast, Calm Mind, Heal Bell I think is the most legitimate change you could make on Clefable considering the teams weakness to Serperior. Surf > Tbolt to hit Hippowdon and fat grounds and big threats like Landorus along with a fatter EV spread to handle Gengar slightly better as it's a weakness on this team right now tht's beaten through keeping Manaphy healthy. Another one that can be experimented basically went through like 5 different versions and would end up making more but I got to decide on something sooner or later hahaha. Enjoy.
Cool team, thanks a lot AM! Just one minor thing; is the manaphy meant to have shadow ball? If it is what for and if you meant to type in energy ball say so.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Cool team, thanks a lot AM! Just one minor thing; is the manaphy meant to have shadow ball? If it is what for and if you meant to type in energy ball say so.
It's meant to have Shadow Ball. Lets it hit all the psychic checks to it in one go instead of choosing between using Ice Beam for Latis and Celebi or Energy Ball for fat waters like Slowbro, this target being important for M-Metagross and its success.

I dont want to be annoying but im so exited rigth now can i know if my team was rejected and for what reason ? The wait is killing me xD

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Najo

Volc and Mega Meta are two of my favorite Pokemon to use in OU, so this core I had a lot of fun with, trying all kinds of different things. I went with a Pursuit Metagross because I knew Volcarona had trouble beating Latios and Latias. Ice Punch can also work there, but Clef and Metagross aren't the best switch ins to lati, so I wanted some extra insurance. I don't really like offensive Volcarona, so I went with a bulky spread instead. All pretty standard stuff. Next, I went with Slowking because it's a great switch in to Heatran because unlike other bulky water types, Toxic doesn't hurt it too much thanks to Regen. Next, i wanted Defog support and didn't want to run Starmie because of the doubling up on Water/Psychic with Slowking. You can run Surf over Roost if you want, but I like the option to recover. Next, I wanted a check to stuff like Bisharp, Ttar, Excadrill, etc. My go-to is always Hippowdon for those threats, and it provided SR support which I needed as well. Next, I wanted a mon that could switch in on Dragon attacks, and prevent mons like bulky chomp from fucking me over. I went with CM Focus Blast Clefable, which also lures in Heatran for Volcarona.

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm
- Pursuit

Volcarona @ Leftovers
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 124 Spe
Bold Nature
- Fiery Dance
- Giga Drain
- Roost
- Quiver Dance

Slowking @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Slack Off
- Psyshock

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Def / 192 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind

Flygoner818

Mega Blastoise is super cool. I've used it with Volcarona in the past and it worked surprisingly well. Kyurem-B makes for an interesting partner for it, since both struggle with bulky fairies and keldeo. Torn-T covers the Keldeo weakness, and I went with Heat Wave over Superpower since Kyurem really likes Ferrothorn lured and Torn doesn't really care about Tar anyway. Next, I went with Jirachi so that I had a solid switch into Fairy types. I went with Body Slam Iron Head because both Kyurem and Blastoise love paralysis support. Wish support is great too, since none of the mons have reliable recovery besides Kyurem, and it doesn't get too many opportunities to get a Roost off. I noticed how weak I was to Excadrill, Thundurus/Manectric, Bisharp, and Lopunny, so I went with Hippowdon (Christ I use this thing too much. If anyone ever wants to counterteam me, just bring GK Metagross + SD Excadrill I guess ;_;). Hippo does everything I need it to all in one mon while also giving me SR. FInally, I straight up lose to stall so I decided Serperior would be a cool option. I went with Glare because it severely punishes the switch-ins to Serp like Zard Y and Talon. It also has really good synergy with Blastoise, being able to beat most fairies (besides Altaria), and Glaring the ones it can't. Altaria is still a threat, but Jirachi + Glare can usually handle it (at least it did in my testing).

Blastoise @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 148 HP / 252 SpA / 108 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Rapid Spin

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 56 Atk / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Roost

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 72 Atk / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Body Slam
- Wish
- Protect

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 184 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock

Serperior @ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Glare

Last edited:

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey, is there any reason for the IVs on Volcarona? It looks like you may have had HP Ground at one point, but the set no longer includes it.

Either way cool teams :)

Reverend

Wii Fit Trainer (Medicham-Mega) @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Fake Out / Baton Pass
- Ice Punch / Thunder Punch

Mothra (Volcarona) @ Passho Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Bug Buzz

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 76 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Endure / Toxic

Scolipede @ Coba Berry
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 72 HP / 196 Atk / 240 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Megahorn / Poison Jab
- Protect

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Iron Head

Medicham and Volc are some of the underrated 'mons in ORAS and you putting them into a core is p damn cool so props. Now with the team, Garchomp was the best fit after I tested a bunch of rockers in its place. The contact damage it provided + its bulk let it cover so many threats in one slot, so it was too good to pass up. Because Volc needed SR off the field and I rly did not want Defog, I opted for offensive Starmie cause nothing wants to spin block it. Next mon I added was the infamous Scolipede. It looks like it may want to pass boosts to Medicham or set up T spikes but in actuality, it's a lure. It baits in and eliminates Talonflame with the help of Coba Berry and is capable of taking out Heatran, two problems for Volcarona. It's a kill 2 birds with 1 stone kinda thing. Decided to use Protect on it so it could rk Mega Gyarados, M-Alakazam, Mega Altaria (if you run P Jab) and others so its utility wouldn't just be in luring Volc checks. Skarmory was a last minute addition to check M-Diancie and Whirlwind out troubling boosters as well as set up spikes. It was originally Klefki but having no ground immunity in a tier where Landorus runs rampant = rofl. Feel free to experiment other moves on Medicham; Fake Out is there to get off chip damage, guarantee the m-evo and break sashes while Ice Punch hits Lando-T, a common-ish switch in to Cham. I decided against using BP on Medi but looking at it, it could work in gaining you momentum or forcing in checks to w/e you Bp into. Skarmory can also be customized so don't hesitate to mix it up (run counter, taunt, etc etc).

Enjoy~

Last edited:
BoxedOccaBerrys

allahu snackbar (Azelf) @ Focus Sash
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Skill Swap
- Explosion

furry bait (Lopunny) (F) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Frustration
- Ice Punch

melts steel beams (Victini) @ Choice Band
Ability: Victory Star
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Zen Headbutt

le toucan (Azumarill) (F) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 84 HP / 252 Atk / 172 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

jet fuel (Latios) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Defog

le maymay genie (Thundurus) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Nasty Plot
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Hey Boxed! Before I get into the explanation and whatnot... a couple things. First, sorry this took longer than the other teams I built. Second, this post is going to be a little different and a little longer than usual.

When I build teams for myself, they usually fall into 1 of 3 categories: 1. Teams that I'm not feeling so I trash. 2. Teams that I build, test, play with, and enjoy, but after that I just move on to the next team. 3. Teams that have a lot of options and can be played with and tweaked over time. Usually these teams end up being my favorite teams, and they usually have the most longevity for me. This team I built for you just so happened to fall into category #3. This doesn't mean it's better/worse than any of the other teams I built, it just means it has a lot of options and whatnot. So for the purpose of this post, I will explain the team itself in the first paragraph, explain the main threats that stuck out to me in the second paragraph, and explain the various options or tweaks you can make to the team in the third paragraph.
tl;dr: this team has a lot of other viable options and shit & can be tweaked to your liking over time

As you know, I changed the Victini from Choice Scarf to Choice Band (with your permission). CB Victini is able to put some more pressure on opposing stall builds than Scarf, and the speed of Scarf Victini wasn't really needed on this team. Azelf is just a standard suicide lead really... nothing special. BD Azumarill works really nicely with Mega Lopunny because Lop can put dents into shit, and Azu can clean up with BellyJet. The spread on Azu is just speed creep for opposing BD Azumarill(s). Considering the BD Azumarill and Victini, some form of hazard removal was an obvious choice. I bounced back and forth between Starmie and Latios, but I decided on Latios because it just plain felt better on this build. HP Fire is there to take out bulky steels like Ferrothorn and (Mega) Scizor that would otherwise totally counter Latios. Finally, Thundurus helps with birdspam and stall, while also providing some speed control with TWave.

As far as threats to this team goes, it's really mainly just shit that normally threatens offensive builds. Threats like Bisharp and Talonfalme stood out during building and testing, but Bisharp is less annoying thanks to Lopunny, and Azumarill's and Thundurus's boosting power (to an extent). Talonflame is handled decently by Thundurus, a combination of Thundurus's TWave + Azu's Aqua Jet, and shit like Fake Out and Stealth Rock definitely help. Azumarill makes Sand Rush Excadrill less of a threat, but nevertheless sand offense is a bitch to deal with. Rain offense is also VERY annoying. Thundurus's TWave can kinda help to make Swift Swimmers less of a nuisance, but that doesn't mean rain offense doesn't hurt. This is just an outline of the main threats I noticed in testing/building/reviewing.
tl;dr: Bisharp, Talonflame, Rain, Sand

Like I said in that introduction, this team has a lot of options. With Azelf, you can run Safeguard for playing stall, HP Steel for Mega Diancie leads, Fire Blast for Ferrothorn, and more. With Lopunny, there's a lot of shit you can test > Ice Punch if you wish, but TBH I would keep Ice Punch. On Latios, you can test out Earthquake, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, etc. > HP Fire. You could run the mixed Defiant set on Thundurus to improve coverage options + make Bisharp less of a threat, but by doing this, Talon becomes a little more annoying than before, and you lose out on the speed control w/ TWave. If you run mixed Thundurus, you could switch Victini to Scarf.

Well, that's it. This was a fun team to build. I know you and all from CT, so we can work on this team whenever in the future bud. Hope you have fun with it! ^.^

Last edited:

Trainer Au

Insert custom title here
If the core we requested hasn't been used, can we edit it?

I requested a team with M-Gyara+Mag, then I saw trin's post saying that single pokemon is ok, and now I would like to change my request to having a team built around JUST M-Gyara. After thinking about it, I think that Mag isnt as good of a partner to gyara as it used to, (that being said if one of the builders is already making a team with mag+gyara, and they think it's going to turn out alright, then that works).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)