Team "Dual Sword"

Dual Swords

Introduction
[AYEEEE] Smogon peeples this is my second RMT on this site.My 1st is a VGC Team that performs pretty good ,but i just got bored of the same old battles so i decided to try something new that is not double battling ,and out of no where i fell in love with ubers.

Team Building
I am not going to lie to you all ,but i just randomly put six pokemon together to start this team

Just with the random pokemon i hit 1600+ ,but i knew what changes i should make so i did it i replaced the awesome Terrakion with the blue blob.

My team was working pretty good ,but Deoxys-S was putting up enough power so bye bye Deoxys-S and here comes Deoxys-A.

The team is working pretty good so far so it looks like it would be like this right now?​

The Team
This Team is suppose to be a Mixture of offense and defense[or a Balance Team you can say]Anyway lets get to the team itself

First Look

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Deoxys-Attack @ Focus Sash
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 188 Spd / 68 Atk / 252 SAtk
Hasty Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psycho Boost
- Stealth Rock
- Superpower

Why This Poke:I chose Deoxys-A because i wanted a strong fast hitter who can set up extremely fast.Bad part about Deoxys-A he is a glass cannon he can be KOed ,but a light breeze (even Quick Attack from Ash's Pikachu)that is why i was scared about using this pokemon on my team.

Why This Move:I use Hidden Power [Fire] for one of the new Ubers that everyone though would fail Genesect thats right that thing is amazing in Ubers and Hidden Power takes care of him.Through most U-turn some of them use Bug Buzz While other Carry Expert Belt making them slower.Ice beam is for dragon coverage ,and Spikes is to let me get those kills later one in game.Superpower doesn't help that much ,but it does 3ko Dialga.

*Grace* (Shaymin-Sky) @ Life Orb
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 HP / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Earth Power
- Seed Flare
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Why This Poke:
I choose Shaymin-Sky because i wanted a annoying pokemon that can get KOs and annoy my opponent to death.It also does ton to Groudon i am to scared of going 1V1 with Kyogre because of Scarf Set that can kill me with Ice Beam.

Why This Move:
I choose Air Slash because it is Freakin Annoying with that 60% chance of flinching my opponent everytime i use it.Seed Flare keep those Groudons and Kyogres from switiching in to it and kills Blisseys and pokemon with strong SpDef with that SpDef drop.
Earth Power lets me hit Steel Types that would otherwise wall Shaymin to death.Synthesis is BOSS it really is.After coming in on Stealth Rock or taking Life Orb damage i can just heal up and continue my onslaught.

*Cry* (Ditto) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Imposter
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Def / 248 HP / 8 SDef
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 2 Spd
- Transform
-
-
-

Why This Poke:
Ditto is BOSS it is just waiting for those ExtremeKiller Arceus to SetUp.I Usually slug one of my weaker pokes that can do anything to coming get killed send Ditto out and sweep my opponents whole team with his own pokemon.Ditto can change a losing game to a winning game just by sending it out.Ditto you can say is that star of this team.It is name Cry because that is what happens once i take your boosts and sweep your team.

Why This Move:Lol only move ditto can learn.

Forretress @ Red Card
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 SpDef / 252 HP / 4 Def
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin

Why This Poke:
Forretress has 2 Jobs.1st job get rid of entry hazards.2nd job lay down entry hazards,and it also has a 3rd job;keep offensive momentum and make my opponent lose momentum.

Why This Move:I use Volt-Switch to keep momentum when i am playing offensive and to help my ditto come in on a sweep safely.Stealth Rock and Spikes are to weaken my opponent over that course of the battle and, Rapid Spin is to get rid of entry hazards my opponent put down.

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Earth Power
- Scald
- Toxic
- Recover

Why This Poke:
Gastrodon only have one job just one.It job is to wall Kyogre to death.I really dont know why this pokemon is really used more in Ubers it walls Kyogre to death and it gets a boost when you predict that Water move coming.

Why This Move:
I choose Earth Power to hit Kyogre for some damage and it has STAB.I choose Scald because i can burn and it is boosted in rain.Toxic is for those big bulky pokemon that think they can outlast Gastrodon.Recover is so i can recover health through out anytime of the battle.

*Unknown* (Arceus-Ghost) @ Spooky Plate
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 Atk
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Brick Break
- Recover

Why This Poke:
This pokemon is also that star of the team.It has 2 Jobs.To SpinBlock ,and to sweep my opponents team in an instant.That is all this Fool is suppose to do.

Why This Move:I choose Sword Dance so i can SetUp and then sweep my opponents team.I use Shadow Claw for STAB and it does alot coming off of a Swords Dance.Brick Break are for those annoying steels that try to wall it.Recover is when Arceus wants to come in for another time of sweeping

Last Look

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Conclusion

This Team Has done a pretty good job for me i hope that you guys at smogon can help me out to make this team as good as possible.So please Give Dual Swords A chance to be GREAT

Replay Boxz

Import

Deoxys-Attack @ Focus Sash
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 188 Spd / 68 Atk / 252 SAtk
Hasty Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Ice Beam
- Spikes
- Superpower

*Grace* (Shaymin-Sky) @ Life Orb
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 HP / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Earth Power
- Seed Flare
- Synthesis

*Cry* (Ditto) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Imposter
EVs: 252 Def / 248 HP / 8 SDef
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Transform
-
-
-

Forretress @ Red Card
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Earth Power
- Scald
- Toxic
- Recover

*Unknown* (Arceus-Ghost) @ Spooky Plate
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 Atk
Jolly Nature
IVs: 30 SAtk
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Brick Break
- Recover

blitzlefan

shake it off!
Hey! Nice team! :) Not that much time, so just a few little nitpicks.
All right, some thoughts: I don't think you need Spikes on Deoxys-A as you already have a designated Spiker in Forretress, so replace Spikes on Deoxys-A with Psycho Boost, for pure damage output. Next, as there aren't that many physical attackers in the tier, run a specially defensive set on Forretress. Lastly, for Shaymin-Sky, run HP Ice over Synthesis, as it's too frail and will mostly spend its time slicing and dicing the opponent.

I do not understand what 30 SAtk IVs on Ghostceus do...you are not using Hidden Power
On Deoxys-A, change Spikes to Stealth Rock and Ice Beam to Psycho Boost. Psycho Boost hits Dragon-types 2x weak to Ice Beam harder than Ice Beam does, while OHKOing those that are 4x weak to Ice Beam. You are not going to survive long anyway, the SAtk drop doesn't matter much since you need to set up SR. On that note, you already have a spiker called Forry, hence you should drop Spikes on Deoxys-A for SR as SR on Forry is a waste of potential. You can just use Toxic Spikes or Pain Split in that slot. Gyro Ball is also a possible choice.
Give Ditto 2 Spe IVs to be as slow as possible so you struggle after other Dittos, while still maintaining 70 BP Hidden Power Ice.

Hey! Nice team! :) Not that much time, so just a few little nitpicks.
All right, some thoughts: I don't think you need Spikes on Deoxys-A as you already have a designated Spiker in Forretress, so replace Spikes on Deoxys-A with Psycho Boost, for pure damage output. Next, as there aren't that many physical attackers in the tier, run a specially defensive set on Forretress. Lastly, for Shaymin-Sky, run HP Ice over Synthesis, as it's too frail and will mostly spend its time slicing and dicing the opponent. Mar 24th, 2013 8:38:31 PM
Ty for the rate don't know why i have to spike users

do not understand what 30 SAtk IVs on Ghostceus do...you are not using Hidden Power
On Deoxys-A, change Spikes to Stealth Rock and Ice Beam to Psycho Boost. Psycho Boost hits Dragon-types 2x weak to Ice Beam harder than Ice Beam does, while OHKOing those that are 4x weak to Ice Beam. You are not going to survive long anyway, the SAtk drop doesn't matter much since you need to set up SR. On that note, you already have a spiker called Forry, hence you should drop Spikes on Deoxys-A for SR as SR on Forry is a waste of potential. You can just use Toxic Spikes or Pain Split in that slot. Gyro Ball is also a possible choice.
Give Ditto 2 Spe IVs to be as slow as possible so you struggle after other Dittos, while still maintaining 70 BP Hidden Power Ice.
Ty for the rate also i still working on the team and this helped a lot didnt even know you could get 70BP hidden power with those Ivs

Your team looks pretty solid, but I do have a few nitpicks. I see Scarf Genesect as a big threat to this team. He can outspend and revenge kill Deoxys-A before you can HP-Fire it. It can outspend and revenge kill Shaymin-S with Ice Bam as well. Your Forry can force it out, but be wary of going head-to-head vs. Scarf Genesect with Deoxys-A.

Like blitzlefan said, switch Spikes on Deoxys to Psycho Boost and run a specially defensive set on Forry because most sweepers are specially based. Also, go with HP Ice over Sythesis. HP Ice grants coverage against common dragons that switch in on Shaymin-S, and Shaymin-S is just to frail to utilize Sythesis to its full potential.

Anyway, solid team. I hope this short rate helped you out. I'll try to add more later, I just don't have a lot of time right now.

Thanks for reading,
trixter109

Hi.. good team. I would replace Shaymin-S - it's an ubers pokemon that's definitely too strong for OU, but it's really disappointing in ubers. Like many people have said on here, it's way too frail.

Most teams have at least one scarfer with Ice Beam, so it would be really easy to take it out. If you're looking for a reliable and bulkier counter to Groudon and Kyogre, I would recommend Palkia. It has much better stats and bulk overall. I would go with a scarf or specially defensive set.

The move-list I would recommend would be:
-Surf
-Spacial Rend
-Thunder
-Fire Blast

I would recommend Palkia. It has much better stats and bulk overall. I would go with a scarf or specially defensive set.

The move-list I would recommend would be:
-Surf
-Spacial Rend
-Thunder
-Fire Blast
I will go test it out and see how it works.

blitzlefan

shake it off!
If you end up replacing Shaymin-Sky with Palkia, then run a powerful attacker like Choice Specs Kyogre over Gastrodon, as Palkia can beat Kyogre which is Gastrodon's only real niche. If you don't like the switch and you want to keep Shaymin-S, then consider Palkia over Gastrodon instead. Lastly, consider a Lustrous Orb set as it can easily beat Ferrothorn, one of Arceus-Ghost's biggest thorns (no pun intended).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)