Team F.A.I.L.U.R.E. (a OU RMT)

Hello

Since you have gotten a lot of positive suggestions so far I cannot add much more but I shall do my best. ^^

First of definitely go with Gyro Ball on your lead Forretress. Taunt leads are often frail and fast (eg. Aerodactyl) and Gyro Ball would be your best option here.

On Rotom go with Hidden Power (fighting) over Hydro Pump. You won't loose much coverage against the likes of Tyranitar and heatran but the higher PP and accuracy can benefit you.

Since you are using the standard (but underated) Torment Spiker Skarmory set I suggest you use the suggested EV spread: 252 HP, 240 Def, 16 Spe.

I have always found Starmie to be to frail to usilise a Choice Scarf so I suggest you'd go with the suggestion from MetaNita.

On Blissey I suggest Heal Bell somewhere, because stall teams in general don't like something like a poisoned Rotom or a Burned Hippowdon. I suggest it over Thunder Wave as with Toxic Spikes on the field and counters to every pokemon immune it's actually kind of redundant.

Hope this helped and good luck with the team.

I got your VM, so here goes:

MetaNite pretty much made your team an all-around check to statuses that can ruin your stall against opposing teams. But I found one thing, and I don't know if it's been mentioned because I only read what was last; MetaNite's suggestion. Your Starmie can't have Hydro Pump. Something accuracy matters most and so does Leftovers. Just so you know, Tyranitar under Sand Stream loses about 51% - 60.4% when hit by Surf with no Life Orb, that's a 2HKO, and it's Timid nature by the way. Another thing, Timid is pretty much required to hit those weakend Gengar wich does approximately 63.2% - 74.7%, and with stall and Stealth Rock in play, Starmie takes care of Gengar and you won't be Pain Splitted which can ruin your stall or potentially kill on of your Pokemon's.

I really don't have any suggestions, so good luck with the team.

Swampert @ Leftovers
Nature: Careful / EVs: 252 HP / 40 Def / 216 SpD
~ Curse / Waterfall / Rest / Sleep Talk
Metaknite, your suggestions were extremely helpful, I have a lot easier time with dealing with physical threats, and with reflect, blissey becomes nearly "invincible". Swampert as a status absorber has really helped the team as a whole. thank you for the rate!

@Delko, I have found your suggestions to be very helpful as well, Just a question, should I replace rapid spin with gyro ball? Is rapid spin that crtical?

@Rugaji, I am thinking of possibly replacing either skarmory or starmie with Scarftar, because its able to give me some insurance with Gengar, and the other threats late game like Lucario. do you think this would be a good idea?

@Delko, I have found your suggestions to be very helpful as well, Just a question, should I replace rapid spin with gyro ball? Is rapid spin that crtical?
Stall teams really appreciate Rapid Spin, but if you don't have room for it on Forretress then you could change Starmie around a bit:

Starmie @ leftovers/ timid/ natural cure
136 HP, 156 Def, 216 Spe

- Rapid Spin
- Thunderbolt
- Surf
- Recover

Stall teams really appreciate Rapid Spin, but if you don't have room for it on Forretress then you could change Starmie around a bit:

Starmie @ leftovers/ timid/ natural cure
136 HP, 156 Def, 216 Spe

- Rapid Spin
- Thunderbolt
- Surf
- Recover

I have decided to keep rapid spin, on Fortress. TS are critical to my team, Azelf also many times have Fire Blast or Flamethrower, so I don't want to take a chance at keeping Fortress in with Azelf. The Biggest Problem with the team now, it is way too easy to set up on. A Dragonite with the moveset of Dragon Dance, Roost, Dragon claw, Earthquake will sweep this team. And if I change Starmie's move to Ice beam, then DD Gyarados will sweep my team.

Perhaps this is me bumping a terribly old thread, but after playing a couple matches with this team, I've noticed one thing in particular. Skarmory's walled by almost anything offensive. As a safeguard, I recommend putting Drill Peck over Protect, simply because Skarm's got amazing defenses as is, and can always recover if need be. He just needs to be able to attack something should the need arise.

Perhaps this is me bumping a terribly old thread, but after playing a couple matches with this team, I've noticed one thing in particular. Skarmory's walled by almost anything offensive. As a safeguard, I recommend putting Drill Peck over Protect, simply because Skarm's got amazing defenses as is, and can always recover if need be. He just needs to be able to attack something should the need arise.
Yeah, I noticed that to, the torment set was not working very well, and it really bothered me that, when taunted I would have to switch, and I counldn't do any direct damge, I also didn;t have a phazer, so I changed it back to the old set.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)