Team Fortress 2 - Join us at #lol

Good thing all of those (bar the pyro beanie) have little to no demand. Kind of underhanded to me but I doubt this round of retirees will have any noticeable effect on the economy.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Don't play 32-man servers; don't play 2fort; go get a feel for what you're doing in some vanilla-type shit first. ;[

play 32 man 2fort instant respawn servers if you wanna derp. but if you actually wanna learn, play some vanilla basic maps (coldfront,badwater,and viaduct are good starting maps) and learn what all the classes can do and their limits. Also, if you play Heavy (I'm a sub for Iron, beastin) it's ok to scream at spies.

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I've been playing this thing for like 6 weeks straight and I don't know how to stop.

IDK if there was an active smogon server, but if there was it sure isn't active now.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This next update is promising

http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=11023

http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=11024

Seeing map changes to account for new gameplay sounds like a fantastic idea, even if there are sections of my beloved badwater that are changed so much. So far it just seems like preventing abuse of new powers. Removing set bonuses mechanics is a blessing and replacing them with non-gameplay related abilities sounds absolutely chipper. In my ideal world there would only be three options for every weapon but hey this works too I shall not complain. This updating is restoring much of my faith with this game.

HOLD UP, they don't like getting hit from behind, and they add cp_standin? you can not be serious with this. Process is all cool, but I personally like all the innovative strats that I don't think those updates were neccessary, I guess it's because i'm the marvel type of guy (have innovation fix the metagame and balance, not by constant patches) and although TF2 is getting stale, All I really feel we need to spice things up is to make competitive TF2 more public, to let more minds be innovative to the game. Regardless, sounds like an amazing move on their part, but it's just something i personally don't enjoy. btw, anyone wanna add me on steam/make a little mini-team? I'm http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheUnluckyOne so add me up.

GatoDelFuego

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
if they change the Saharan set to only YER and give it longer cloak blink time, I will fucking scream.

everything else sounds really good, I'm very excited for this! I play on one server that repeats 5 maps over and over (dustbowl, gravel pit, Egypt, turbine, gorge), which i greatly enjoy, so my favorite maps may not be changed, but this looks good

oh my God i just realized: the degeaser is by far the most used flame thrower...what if valve nerfs it? Making pyro just basically useless

OK, so there is an update now. Along with it being 800 MB (ugh) there are a lot of cool stuff. As the weirdest person ever, I run Dalokah's bar/Tomislav roaming heavy in pubs since it actually works (think of it, your health offsets the damage decrease, and you can roam around the map in a 1v1 fight without a medic like a badass. Nice to see that buffed. I was scared that they would make changes to the maps like buffs and nerfs to specific classes in they're flanking stuff. But outside of a few things, only the exploits were removed so that's amazing imo. Darwin's Danger Shield really didn't need a nerf, while these nerfs are actually all pretty subtle, I can't really see if anything is gamechanging or anything. It basically buffs my favorite niche weapons. SO IM HAPPY

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
As someone who follows competitive TF2, I am really interested how some of the changes shake up the 'standard game' there.

Also the guy who makes Snakewater is fuming right now, I'm sure.

GatoDelFuego

Move that gear update!

http://www.teamfortress.com/?tab=updates

Hands down the best update in TF2 history, fixing so many bugs and balancing a ton. On top of that, hats!

A couple of sweet changes:
Quick-fix overheal
Gunslinger now longer heals while building minis
Loose cannon gets airshot bonuses
Fixing engineers building on top of things
L'etranger gives 4 seconds more cloak
Battalion's backup charged by damage
Dead ringer drains cloak upon activation with damage

BUT

The gas jockey set is done. It has been confirmed, valve wishes to doom the pyro forever and ever.

I don't really see how the Gas Jockey Set is done in when the Powerjack buff is a pretty spiffy spiritual sucessor. Personally, I like the sound of a 5% higher speed buff with a 20% damage vulnerability when active much better than a 10% bullet vulnerability at all times.

If anything this sounds like they gave the Pyro a GRU sorta thing, can't wait to mess with it, but this update is like a gig, jesus.

GatoDelFuego

The powerjack works out OK, but a lot of top pyro's so far have commented that missing a 10% passive speed boost is huge. Running around with the flamer faster than a medic is what mostly made pyro work. Still, it could have gone worse, but I can't wait for an opportunity tomorrow to try these new mechanics out!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)