Team Fury Fury Fury

Team Wild Fury

Introduction:
This theme of this team is to use U-turn to exploit my opponents weaknesses and counter accordingly. U-turn is great for scouting and can allow me to force many switches racking up Stealth Rock damage. My team is also designed for extreme "revenge killing" which is seen in almost all my pokemon.

Synergy: U-turn baby!

In-Depth Analysis:

Infernape *** Inferno Blitz
@ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Stone Edge

Infernape is possibly the best lead in the OU in my opinion. Choice Scarf turns Infernape into a decent revenge killer and has the moves to back it up. With Choice Scarf, Trick users have no affect on Infernape as they usually trick a choice scarf. With the speed boost, Infernape will be outspeeding all leads without a scarf allowing him to do some damage. Lead Azelf thinking they are quicker, only get a super effective U-turn knocking them out. Because of Infernapes typing, he has the ability to scare off the common Steel leads. When they switch in their counter i switch in mine. Flare Blitz and Close Combat are bound to score a 2HKO on every pokemon in the game who do not resist. Those who do are dealth with through Stone Edge. U-turn is really the key to this set, as it ensures that the few pokemon that can safely switch into this set are dealt with by other members of my team. U-turn can help by hitting Starmie, Cresselia, Latias and other Psychics/(Darks) for super effective damage. In addition the common switch ins for Infernape are Flying types, that will take 25% damage from Stealth Rock as I switch to counter forcing them to come back in with under 50% HP next time.

Celebi *** Leaf Hurricane
@ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 32 Spe
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- U-turn
- Recover
- Grass Knot
- Stealth Rock

Celebi acts as my main Defense to many attacks. With Recover and solid base 100 defenses, Celebi is an excellent Defensive wall. He covers Infernapes/Primeapes Psychic weakness, and also Infernapes Ground and Water Weakness. He can also take Fighting attacks with ease. Stealth Rock has to be set up to rack up damage as U-turn forces many switches, and its the only place i can fit it. Grass Knot is easily Celebi's most reliable attacking move, as it has STAB, and scores powerful hits on many of the Pokemon in the OU tier. The EVs give Celebi the best overall physical defenses while still outrunning many pokemon. The EV spread was to maxamize all defense to make Celebi a great wall. Scizor are huge problems for this with X-Scizzor and U-turn, and so are Infernape.

Primape *** Berserk Fury
@ Choice Band
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SpA)
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Stone Edge

Primeape is my main man on this team, as it functions as a great revenge killer thanks to its great physical movepool. Primape attracts many Psychic type users and with U-turn he hits super effectively and gets out. Many people dont expect to see a U-turn so the element of surprise helps me in tight situations. In addition U-turn is very useful as the extra Speed makes scouting more effective. Ice Punch for Dragons and Stone Edge for Flying types.

Scizor *** Swift Sniper
@ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Bullet Punch
- Roost

Choice Band Scizor is another of my "revenge killers" able to hit many threats with Bullet Punch to easily revenge kill or pick off a lot of weakened pokemon, or even tear through whatever switches in with a Base 130 Atk, STAB, and Choice Band. I usually use U-turn, as it allows me to scout for my opponent’s Scizor counters, and creates a huge hit before switching to my own counter. Superpower is used to hit HARD on many pokemon, and for its ability to OHKO most Heatran and Magnezone, both common switches to Scizor. Roost is just so that i can survive more, im usually forced to switch Scizor in as a means of defence, and he takes unesccary damage. I considered Pursuit as it allows me to threaten Pokémon such as Gengar, Azelf, Starmie, Cresselia, Latias and other Psychics but U-turn does that job fine.

Dugtrio ***Butt
@ Choice Scarf
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 4 HP / 242 Atk / 252 Spe
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit

Dugtrio is my check to Infernape, Heatran, Magnezone, Tyranitar, Metagross and other Fires and Steels which pose threats. With Dugtrio's high Speed plus Arena Trap, it is my most accurate revenge killer. Earthquake is my main STAB attack and can score many OHKO's on several pokemon. Stone Edge is needed to hit Flying-types who are immune to Earthquake namely Gyarados, Zapdos, and Salamence. Sucker Punch allows me to hit pokemon faster then Dugtrio. Night Slash also can be used in the last slot to hit bulky Psychic and Ghost-types such as Celebi, Rotom-H and Cresselia. Due to Dugtrio's fragile defenes, getting Dugtrio in can be very tricky. So I tend to use Dugtrio late game-ish to have my opponents pokemon in knockout range which is aided by Stealth Rock. I previously had a Tyranitar in Magnezones spot, with also helped bring pokemon within KO range with Sandstream.

Tyranitar ***Dark Savage
@ Choice Band
Ability: Sandstream
EVs: 4 HP / 242 Atk / 252 SpD
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit

Choice Band Tyranitar is one of the most monstrously powerful physical threats in the fourth generation. Crunch and Stone Edge both have massive power with the STAB boosts and will be Tyranitar's main method of attacking. Pursuit is one of the main draws of the set, as it allows Tyranitar to be effective counters to Rotom, Latias, and any other Ghost- or Psychic-type. With many sweepers opting to use Choice items, some good prediction and making use of Tyranitar's useful resistances can get it in for a free Pursuit to OHKO, or at least wear down many opponents. Special defense EV's are 252 so he can take special hits easier, in addition with Sandstorm.

---------------------------

Zapdos ***Vortex replaced for Tyranitar
@ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 228 Def / 32 Spe
Bold Nature (+Def, -SpD)
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- U-turn

With only two weaknesses, good stats overall, Roost for recovery and Pressure to waste opponents PP, this Zapdos makes a great tank. I can almost always come in with relative safety against many of the top OU sweepers, including Metagross, Heracross, Lucario, Gyarados and Scizor, and various tanks and walls such as Skarmory, Hippowdon and Gliscor. They all can hit Zapdos hard with Stone Edge, but Zapdos will still survive at least one hit at full health and can Roost off the damage incurred. Zapdos has one true purpose and that is to rid the field of all Scizor. Scizor is a major threat to this team along with Infernape. With Heat Wave, Zapdos can hit the Steel types for super-effective damage. U-turn is obvious for scouting and such, and continues the power. I might consider using Hidden Power Ice as another check to Dragon type pokemon. I might try and run a Choice Scarf/Specs set on Zapdos to test its abilities as a possible "revenge killer" @ 252 SpA/Spe Modest/Timid -Thunderbolt,Heat Wave,Hidden Power Ice, and U-turn.

Magnezone ***Fork replaced for Zapdos
@ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 HP / 242 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature (+Spe, -SpD)
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Fire
- Flash Cannon
- Explosion

Magnezone was simply my counter to Scizor, but it was pretty much useless on the team.

Threat List: These are my initial counters to these Pokemon.

Blissey: Infernape, Scizor

Bronzong: Infernape, Zapdos

Celebi: Infernape, Zapdos U-turn

Cresselia: U-turn

Donphan: Celebi, Zapdos:if i run Hp ice

Dusknoir: Scizor:Pursuit, Dugtrio:NightSlash

Forretress: Infernape, Zapdos

Gliscor: Celebi:GrassKnot, Primape:IcePunch, Scizor:Can BulletPunch it

Hippowdon: Celebi

Jirachi: Infernape, Zapdos, Dugtrio

Rotom-A: Scizor, Dugtrio

Skarmory: Infernape, Zapdos

Snorlax: Infernape, Primeape

Suicune: Celebi, Zapdos

Swampert: Celebi

Tentacruel: Celebi, Zapdos

Vaporeon: Celebi, Zapdos

Zapdos: Infernape:StoneEdge, Dugtrio:StoneEdge

Azelf - U-turn, Pursuit

Breloom - Primeape-Vital Spirit+Icepunch, Infernape, Zapdos, U-turn

Dragonite - Primeape, Infernape:StoneEdge, Scizor:BulletPunch

Dugtrio - Celebi, Scizor

Electivire - Dugtrio

Gallade - U-turn, Celebi

Gengar - Scizor:Pursuit/BulletPunch

Gyarados - Zapdos, Primeape:Thunderpunch, If i can get a StoneEdge

Heatran - Dugtrio for a "reveng kill" but i have to be careful about them.
Heracross -

Infernape
- If im not careful an Infernape can rape my whole team, Dugtrio is my only check for this one, and ill need Infernape to be within KO range. If not, and Dugtrio dies, im in deep trouble. Try to outspeed it for a KO with my other pokemon.

Jolteon - Dugtrio

Kingdra - Celebi, Scizor:BulletPunch, Primeape:IcePunch

Lucario - Zapdos, Infernape, Dugtrio:Earthquake

Machamp - Celebi can take this one with ease

Magnezone - Dugtrio

Mamoswine - Primeape

Metagross - Infernape, Zapdos

Porygon-Z Infernape/Primeape:CloseCombat

Salamence - Primeape:IcePunch, Scizor:BulletPunch, If i dont take it out i lose.

Scizor - Scizor are huge problem, buy my Zapdos is designed to solve that. Infernape if i can get him to stay him.

Starmie - Life Orb variants are trouble indeed. Usually requires a sacrifice.

Togekiss - Zapdos:Thunderbolt, Outspeed and try to give it a beatdown with my other pokemon lol.

Tyranitar - Dugtrio, Infernape, Primeape, Scizor

Weavile - Scizor, Infernape, Dugtrio, U-Turn, Zapdos

Yanmega - Zapdos, Infernape, Scizor

You had 5 choice items? Way too much. 4 is still too much, shed another choice item.
^This

And by the way, Im reasonably sure that if my Modest Scarf Latias couldnt outrun a Salamence after a DD then your Primeape has no chance. If Primeape is to be a counter to Mence, especially DD Mence, it should be Jolly, and then im reasonably sure you still wont be able to hit a positive speed Nature Mence.

And all those Choice users will be set up fodder for a lot of things. SD Luke rapes this team after Zapdos is gone, and with so many choice users, Luke can set up rather easily.

Haha this is funny, if your gonna do this you might as well do it right, switch the last pokemon with Tyranitar. It helps to bring pokemon into Dugtrios OHKO range with Sandstream, and great switch in to absorb fire attacks. Yeah you lose scizor counter but infernape can deal with that. It also adds a great amount of defense to your team, other then Celebi.

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sandstream
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Def
-Stone Edge
-Crunch
-Pursuit
-Earthquake

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)