Regice @ Leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 208 HP / 252 Def / 48 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Psych Up
- Rest
- Thunderbolt

standard for me to give him a bold nature.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Spd / 252 SDef
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Thunderbolt

Hmm standard, with SDef against watertanks.

Vaporeon (F) @ Leftovers ** Aquana
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Protect
- Surf
- Wish

Flygon (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Quick Attack
- Rock Slide

Antirevearsaler and nice Surprise for Celebi xD.

3 CB-Sweeper rox, Regice and Zappy kill the Watertanks, rest is easy, but maybe someone can give me some tips. It has a little Gar weak, well but well, I can live with that fact.

r8 it or h8 it

Jocario

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
All three of your choice banders get walled by Skarmory. Fit Fire Blast somewhere on one of the dragons.

Yeah, basically your entire team is shut down by Skarm + Bliss/Lax/Ice. If you want to keep up the heavy offense, put Flamethrower on Mence or Flygon. Also put more EVs into HP on Metagross, since it's your only Normal/Flying resist and you want it to take more hits.

k, does flygon need more SAtk EVs? And can I still let it adamant?

but about Metagross EVs, i like it to be faster than tar, cune etc. And actually i just need a normal resist for CB-Tauros, and what do i need a Fly/Normal resist for? and my flying resist is Zappy.

Flygon is fine even with a -spatk nature, but if you're stubborn then just use naughty nature.

Let meta have 222ish speed if you want it to outspeed cune/tar then just pump the rest into hp/atk. I personally like my grosses with max hp and 300def so it'll have a decent chance of surviving a eq from duggy.

Replacing starmie over vap if spikes is annoying you but eh, you only have two pokes that takes damage from spikes and one of it is a boomer so spikes don't really pose a threat.

Swampert would be a perfect counter for gengar if it don't carry gigadrain, but if it does, you have regice for it. ( pert for mcgar and regice for the special gengar ). Plus pert also provides a stable rock resist that your team don't have.

Flygon is fine even with a -spatk nature, but if you're stubborn then just use naughty nature.

Let meta have 222ish speed if you want it to outspeed cune/tar then just pump the rest into hp/atk. I personally like my grosses with max hp and 300def so it'll have a decent chance of surviving a eq from duggy.
Max HP no def survives adamant dug 99% of the time. (313~368 damage, with 364 being max HP). If you're really paranoid, use 300 def. (always survives)

Bugsy23

"Lets go to sleep in Paris, and wake up in Tokyo"
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Using a Calm Nature on Zapdos will help you spread your EVs a bit more around so that you don't have to stuff 252 in Special Defense. A mix sweeper somewhere would tremendously help, because the special half of your team is stalling with nowhere to go.

Bugsy23

I've been using Calm, slow, sleep talking Zapdos for a long time and I believe my IQ is way up there. That would actually leave him room to get rid of Regice for something more potent unless he's keeping it just for Hp Ice Raikou and possibly Starmie (Which Zapdos may beat anyway), because it will beat all subpunching specials like McIceGar and Boah.

I'm feeling the Pokémon spirit today. Time to contribute:

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Spd / 252 SDef
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Thunderbolt

Hmm standard, with SDef against watertanks.
Disregarding IV drops, this yields a Zapdos with a HP/Spd/SAtk/Sdef spread of 381/240/314/279. If we were to make Zapdos Calm (+SDef, -Atk) with enough EVs to get to the same HP, Spd, and Sdef, and the rest of the EV invested in SAtk, the resulting SAtk would be 311.

That's one way to look at it--an example of poor EVing when a Calm nature does not help but instead hurts (a loss of 3 SAtk). Of course, I'm not exactly sure which stat categories Jocario intended on having a specific final value for. From the looks of it, he/she crammed 252 EVs into SDef and 0 EVs into SAtk which suggests he/she wants the highest SDef possible. Yet, the nature was +SAtk, not +SDef. A bit confusing. It's not a good idea to allocate no EVs to the boosted stat. At least add EVs to the boosted stat until you get the bonus point. That would mean put at least 16 SAtk EVs on Zapdos if it's +SAtk (20 EVs w/ Hidden Power Grass).

You just need to be smart when EVing. First, 252 HP EVs should be the norm since 384 HP is perfectly divisible by 16 to give optimal Leftovers recovery with respect to HP EV investment.
If you purely want Zapdos to take special hits with the least damage, then make it Calm w/ 252 SDef.

252 HP/ 4 Spd/ 252 SDef Calm, disregarding IV drops, gives a HP/Spd/SAtk/Sdef spread of 384/237/286/306. You make out with 3 more HP, 3 less Spd, 28 less SAtk, and 27 more SAtk. A net loss of 1. Shit. But it serves its purpose to take special hits. Simply, this is the best Zapdos for that.

We don't even care about Zapdos' attack (-Atk throughout, constant) and defense is staying constant throughout, too.

Now, the prior EV example illustrates why I like Modest even when Zapdos is designed to take special hits, and even just with one attack (Thunderbolt). You can achieve a greater net stat total with Modest. Plus I like to give it Light Screen so I feel like I can "skimp" on giving it +SDef in order to have a significantly more solid, stronger Thunderbolt as an attack.

I like 252 HP/16 SAtk/240 SDef Modest. With no Hidden Power (31 IVs on everything), this gives a HP/Spd/SAtk/SDef spread of 384/236/319/276. Compared to 252/6/252 Calm, this has 2 more total stats. I milked those EVs for all they're worth, I know.

I hope everyone knows why Modest provides the greater stat totals. Actually, Mild (+SAtk, -Def) would for Zapdos, because its highest base stat is its 125 Special Attack while its lowest base stat is its 85 Defense. But we don't care about lowering its base 90 Atk, so we do that rather than lower its defense.
As you should know...natures cause 10% rises and falls. Giving Zapdos' base 90 SDef a 10% boost, even with all the bonus points from supplying it with 252 EVs, is a bit lackluster when you could boost base 125 SAtk 10% and judiciously provide sufficient EVs in SDef and add a few just for good measure to SAtk to get the bonus point. I feel more justified to do this, however, if Zapdos has Light Screen. Otherwise, I can't say that I would always recommend it.

Bugsy23

Makes sense but I don't use that much Special Attack on ST Zapdos so it's really a matter of preference. I use it meerly to take hits and get rid of common threats the rest of my team may not be able to (i.e. Subpunchers). Thunderbolt still does enough damage to warrant the results I am looking for, and I usually do the calculations for them.

I'm feeling the Pokémon spirit today. Time to contribute:

Disregarding IV drops, this yields a Zapdos with a HP/Spd/SAtk/Sdef spread of 381/240/314/279. If we were to make Zapdos Calm (+SDef, -Atk) with enough EVs to get to the same HP, Spd, and Sdef, and the rest of the EV invested in SAtk, the resulting SAtk would be 311.

That's one way to look at it--an example of poor EVing when a Calm nature does not help but instead hurts (a loss of 3 SAtk).
Thanks for explaining this for me.
edit: I just read your last post Bugsy23 and you're officially a retard. (you can't think logically)

Bugsy23

OK I've already explained to you why I use The EVs I do. My Zapdos runs nearly 300 Special Defense, and with a Modest Nature can only hit 279, which is the difference between dying to Gengar's Ice Punch/staying alive with Boah during Sandstream etc. and living to Rest/ST it off. The insults really aren't necessary, especially when you aren't using logic behind it.

If you really need the numbers, A max Special Attack Gengar using Ice Punch on My Zapdos:

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/36 Spd/220 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)

Does 34%-40%, and after Leftovers, unless he hits 40% every turn (which is extremely unlikely), will result in a 4hko. Using the same exact spread with a Modest Nature will result in 38%-44% damage (37%-43% will max Special Defense), which is basically a 3hko, unless it hits in the bottom tier all times, which is also highly unlikely. And not many Gengar run max Special when using Mixed sets as it is, so Sleep Talking with a Calm Nature is that much easier for me. Do you understand now?

Karrot

plant
is a Past WCoP Champion
Bugsy's got it right. The only time Oxypad's argument applies is when you are running less then neutral max special defense (there are some exceptions when you are trying to hit certain speeds). While the increase in Spatk from Modest doesn't make many impressive differences in terms percentiles, the increase from Calm is actually very important in a lot of calculations, such as the aforementioned Gengar.

Also, zOMG, you need to stop insulting other members.

Lexay

I could be boned!
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Thanks for explaining this for me.
edit: I just read your last post Bugsy23 and you're officially a retard. (you can't think logically)
you dont have to be a (BAN ME PLEASE) everyday youknow, take a fucking break dude....

actually, it was exactly Zappys EV-Spread, that im not sure about. (Lol, was that correct english? xD) I wanted it to have 240 spd, this should be very easy to understand.

but i dont know how much SAtk it actually needs, and how much SDef. I think it would be enough to OHKO Skarm with full HP and no SDef, anyway. But i also took modest nature to get some more points on it. But does it maybe even need more SDef?

I have seen many EV-Splits on it yet. But I dont understand the most of them, so could u pls explain me other ones if u post some?

240, -0, 0, 16, +0, 252 is the one i use atm.
252, -0, 0, 16, +0, 240 or
252, -0, 0, 16, 0, +240 may be better, but im not sure or maybe:
252, -0, 0, 16, X, +(240-X). What do u think is the best for stalkzappy?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)