@ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Light Screen
- Psycho Boost
Yes,My Lead,it must Set Up the Rocks and Taunt Bronzong for a good Switch-In in Gyarados.Light Screen for my low Special Defense in the Team.Psycho Boost for Hit Swampert and Hippowdon hard.Focus Sash for Scarfgengar Leads.

@ Choice Scarf

Ability: Levitate
EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Scarfggar,how much came it in a 1 or 2 DD Gyara and Killd It ? Or an Outraging Garchomp,or Rapid Spin.It has also 3 Wonderful Resists,which are rly important for my Team,cauze Lucario and Metagross are Weakd to Fight and Ground.Shadow Ball is STAB,Thunderbolt for Water-Types.Focus Blast for Weavile,TTar and so on.HP [ice] for Dragons.

@ Life Orb

Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Extremespeed
- Stone Edge
SD-Luke is one of the best Finishers in DP.After a SD it OHKOs Swampert Foretress Skarmory with Close Combat.Also it OHKOs Zapdos and Gyarados with Stone Edge and SR Support.Extremespeed for faster Pokes like Scarfhera.

@ Leftovers

Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 152 HP/252 Atk/104 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Meteor Mash
- Ice Punch
- Agility
Agility Metagross is awesome.After an Agility it has 404 Speed,which is enough to outspeed Jolteon,Aerodactyl,Azelf and so on.After an Atk Raise it`s nearly unstopable.Ice Punch for Gliscor and Dragons.Earthquake for Steel-Types like Heatran`s or other Metagross.Meteor Mash is STAB.My Deoxys-e Counter btw.

@ Choice Band

Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stone Edge
- Outrage
- Fire Fang
- Earthquake
Banded Chomp is a Beast.It 2HKOs Gliscor,Cresselia,Swampert,Hippowdon,Celebi with Outrage.Earthquake is the Second STAB.Fire Fang for Flying Steel-Types like Skarmory or Bronzong. Stone Edge OHKOs Bold 252/252 Zapdos with Stealth Rock Support and Gyarados,too.

@ Leftovers

Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 76 HP/252 Atk/180 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SpD)
- Dragon Dance
- Stone Edge
- Ice Fang
- Waterfall
This Guy Counters Me other Gyarados,which are problematic for my Team.Mostly they have EQ,DD,Ice Fang,Waterfall,since husk posted his Team xD. The Split allows me to Outspeed Azelf,Gengar,Starmie and OHKO the Offensive Variants after a DD.Its a Good Counter for Lucario without Stone edge too.

Threat List:

Tyranitar - Garchomp, Lucario,for DD Variants can Gengar Revenge Kill it.
Gyarados - My own Gyarados or Gengar (DD Switch-In)
Infernape - Gengar and Gyarados are Good Switch-INs...
Azelf - Gengar can Revenge Kill it.
Rhyperior - All of my pokemon give him a lot of Dmg,Gyarados can come in,in Earthquake...
Electivire - Gengar,Metagross (since eq don`t OHKO),Lucario if it have became dmg..
Heracross - Gengar and Gyara.
Salamence - Gengar can come in,in DD,EQ,BB and OHKO it with HP Ice,in Draco Meteor i must switch in Metagross.
Togekiss - Metagross
Gengar - Gengar,Metagross
Garchomp - Gengar,Gyarados,Metagross (after an Agility)
Raikou - Hmm Raikou is a Problem,if Metagross have a lil bit dmg =/
Lucario - Gengar and Gyarados are Good Switch-INs.
Tauros - Gengar and Metagross.
Starmie - Gengar can come in in Rapid Spin...
Weavile - Lucario,Gengar,Gyarados and Metagross.
Dugtrio - Gyarados and Gengar
Alakazam - Metagross
PorygonZ - Metagross
Medicham -Metagross,Gengar,Gyarados.
Staraptor - Gengar and Metagross.
Slowbro - Mostly it come in in Garchomp`s Outrage and get 2hko`d,Gengar can also Deal with it.
Machamp - Gengar,Deoxys and Gyarado´s.
Jolteon - Gengar and Lucario can Revenge Kill it and Metagross if it use Substitue.
Aerodactyl - Metagross,Gengar,Gyarados...
Snorlax - Lucario and Metagross.
Zapdos - Garchomp is a Good Switch-In.
Blissey - Metagross Lucario Garchomp..
Suicune - Garchomp 2HKOs with outrage.Gyarados can Taunt it.
Sceptile - Metagross
Breloom - Gengar and Gyarados.
Slaking - Gengar and Metagross.
Tangrowth - Gengar,Metagross..
Ninjask - Deoxys Taunts it.
Metagross - Hmm Metagross can be Dangerous.Garchomp can Revenge Kill it and come in,in TP.
Heatran - Gyarados and Garchomp.
Celebi - Gengar and Metagross
Jirachi - Garchomp and Metagross
Deoxys-S - Gengar and Metagross

Rate/Hate/Love
and Sry for my Bad english im from Germany =X

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
husk didn't invent sweeperteams and lucario,garchomp,gyarados and gengar are in almost everysweeper. husks team is nothing really new there are hundreds of older teams what are quite similar.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Let's stop comparing this to husk's team now, shall we?

Three posts in and no one brought up the poor nature Gyarados has, which should have an Adamant nature instead of Naughty. There's no need to reduce your Special Defense when you can simply let Gyarados' useless Special Attack suffer.

Not that there is anything else to mention, as it's generally down to how you play this kind of team - not how it's built.

Atticus

Atticus
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnuswon the 10th Official Smogon Tournamentdefeated the Smogon Frontieris a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
solid team I guess, like Taylor said, prediction is key for this team to work, good job to getting to 1, and quit badgering him about this being husks team where every single poke is different in one way or another plus husk didn't copyright the pokemon he uses, anyone can use them at their own will

I use explosion on my Agiligross, it works wonderfully when you need it to because you simply outspeed most things. Most walls take a lot of damage from it, and when you are low on health, just explode and take down whatever is in at the moment.

Uh, I fought you yesterday, and I 6-0ed you with Mcgar. I think you need to change your team a little bit so you can handle Mcgar better. It can set up a sub on only a few pokemon, but once it does, you're going to have major problems. Get a sturdy restalker so you can beat it easier.

Even if you make no mistakes, one of your pokemon will let it in eventually (scarfgar, CB chomp) and then it will get at least a couple kills.

(if it wasn't you, your opponent had the exact same team as you)

@ bobblyhead
The other moves are imo to important...

@skiddle
i lost only 3 times with this team and metagross is able to counter "McGar"

McGar is Sub/Focus Punch/Thunderbolt/HP Ice. Which, I have to say, is not countered by Gross. Come in on a Sub or Focus Punch, take a FP either way, get Bolted into oblivion.

Mcgar nowadays has Focus Punch, Hypnosis, Substitute, Shadow Ball. Using Hypnosis and Substitute wisely basically means nothing can tough gengar, and he can pummel your team from behind the sub.

Sorry if it wasn't you, but someone else had this exact same team, and I swept it 6-0 with Mcgar. There was nothing they could do, they weren't playing stupidly or anything, just Hypnosis never missed and Mcgar owned everything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)