Team of Elites Revamped

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
FINAL TEAM COMING SOON!

TEAM LAYOUT BEFORE

CURRENT TEAM LAYOUT

IN DEPTH LOOK​

Icy Chill (Weavile) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SpA)
-Pursuit
-Ice Shard
-Low Kick
-Ice Punch/Night Slash

I found myself always keeping Weavile on all my teams due to the fact that he's a great revenge killer, has killer Attack and Speed, and can use the almighty Pursuit. Pursuit is great for catching many Pokemon off guard, especially Psychic types such as Gengar, Latios, and Starmie. The reason I love Pursuit so much is that it literally traps them, and they are either forced to deal with Weavile while taking multiple STAB Life Orbed Pursuits, or to risk the switch and hope that Pursuit wont KO them. Ice Shard is great for Dragon types, especially Outraging ones. Since most Dragon types Weavile will be seeing are Dragon/Flying, Ice Shard has a possibility of almost OHKO them on it's own. If not, that's when the PursuitShard combo will come into play. Low Kick is one of his best moves, as it OHKO heavy Rock types such as Terrakion, Tyranitar, and Heatran. The hardest choice on Weavile was to choose between Ice Punch or Night Slash. My team does have other Ice coveraging moves then Dark, but there are so many more Rock, Ground, Dragon, and Flying types out there in OU that Ice Punch seemed to be the better choice.​

Lancelot (Dragonite) (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 60 HP / 252 Atk / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)
-Outrage
-Extremespeed
-Earthquake
-Fire Punch

Previously, my Dragonite was centered around increasing it's already Bulky defenses and having to setup before setting him off on a sweep. After a few fights and quite a few recommendations, I have decided to up his already great Attack by Maxing it out and giving him a Choice Band! Since Multiscale already boosts his above average defenses, I feel like I should focus less on his bulk and more on his power. A STAB Outrage can tear a huge hole in almost any team, and can even 2HKO some Heatran. Basically Pokemon that don't resist Outrage will be OHKO by it unless they have very bulky defenses. Extremespeed is very important, since Dragonite has problems outspeeding many OU threats. It's most important for taking out already damaged Pokemon that could potentially outspeed it, and opponents may not expect Dragonite to have this move. Earthquake is by far his most important move, as Sun Teams can be quite a problem to most of my team, so Earthquake is a great move that will OHKO almost any Fire Type bulky or not. It's also a good counter to a Specially Defensive Heatran which Starmie has problems taking out. Fire Punch is very nice for getting rid of Grass, Ice, and Steel threats, the biggest being Ferrothorn, Jirachi, and Celebi. The biggest thing I love about a Choice Banded Dragonite is that it is unpredictable. Since Bulky and Offensive Dancing Dragonites are very common, many might not be expecting that my Dragonite is Choice Banded and has moves such as Fire Punch, EQ, and Extremespeed.

Gonzalez (Jolteon) (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
-Thunderbolt
-Shadow Ball
-Volt Switch
-Hidden Power Ice

Jolteon is by far one of my favorite Pokemon, because of it's amazing ability to sweep! The fact that few can outspeed it, and it's SpA combined with Choice Specs is very hard to wall, this Pokemon can leave opponents teams in shambles. Thunderbolt is a must, as it is an amazing STAB move that OHKO pretty much anything that is weak against it, and even 2HKO Pokemon that do resist it. Shadow Ball is the main reason as to why Ice Punch took the place of Night Slash on Weavile, as it takes down Ghost and Psychic types like Latios, Chandelure, Victini, and Reuniclus with ease. Volt Switch is a great scouting move as it can work similar to a U-Turn Scizor in getting out of trouble while still doing decent damage at the same time. Hidden Power Ice is the main answer to Pokemon that try to trap him in like Gliscor. Although HP grass was also recommended to take out bulky Water/Ground, HP Ice seems to be all around more helpful.

Bad Trip (Breloom) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
-Mach Punch
-Stone Edge
-Bullet Seed
-Spore

Behold, the almighty Techniloom. After months of not being available, Technician Breloom has now finally been released from its cage. I've been waiting a long time for a Techniloom to be on my team, and now I finally have it! Mach Punch is one of the best moves to have due to the priority, Technician boost, and it's nice STAB. This move alone will counter a Scarfed Terrakion, which is one of the deadliest scarfed Pokemon in OU. Stone Edge helps get rid of Flying types such as Zapdos and Staraptor, and it's just a really nice move to have due to it's power and high flinching ability. Bullet Seed is another one of his most dangerous moves as it can hit multiple times, and it's also a boosted STAB move. If it can hit up to 5 times, it can deal almost the same damage as two Seed Bombs! Simply amazing. Of course, we can't forget about the almighty Spore which gave Breloom it's reputation. A 100% accuracy sleeping move and 3 amazing moves with 2 TechniSTABBED, is extremely hazardous, and makes Breloom one of the most dangerous Pokemon in OU. When Bad Trip comes along, it'll be the worst trip you'll ever have.

Shuriken (Starmie) @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
-Hydro Pump
-Rapid Spin
-Psychic
-Thunderbolt

Starmie is a great addition to my team as he not only has great type coverage but he also has Rapid Spin to get rid of Spikes and Stealth Rock hazards. Hydro Pump is an amazing STAB move which works really well to get rid of many bulky Pokemon that don't resist it. Since my team seems to have a larger weakness to fire types, it comes in a lot of handy. Rapid Spin is for obvious reasons, as it eliminates switch in hazards laid out by Ferrothorn and Forretress. Psychic is another great STAB move that can pretty much OHKO most Fighting threats, and at least 2HKO Conkeldurr. Thunderbolt is another great move to get rid of other Water types and Flying types such as Moltres. There really isn't too much to say about Starmie, other than that he is a great answer to entry hazards, and can cover a plethora of types. Although Leftovers would have been a great choice on Starmie seeing that he has poor defenses and this moveset lacks Recover, Starmie with Life Orb has found a new found role, dealing with an offensive Jirachi. Offensive Jirachi as you can probably tell, can murk half my team due to its insane coverage. Starmie can 2HKO max HP Jirachi and almost OHKO a Naive Nature Jirachi. Starmie combined with Jolteon and Weavile, can easily take down any Jirachi that can outspeed Dragonite.​

Hax (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature (+SpD, -SpA)
-Iron Head
-Body Slam
-Wish
-Stealth Rock

Jirachi, one of the most annoying Pokemon to deal with in the entire metagame. Jirachi is the reason why I have only one real supporter on my team due to the fact of almost all of his moves being able to piss the opponent off immensely. With the ability Serene Grace, the chances of a moves secondary effect working is doubled, which means more HAX! Iron Head is one of his most annoying moves by far. Iron Head's 30% Flinching is now increased to 60% thanks to Serene Grace, and that means that the opponent will only be getting a move off less than half of the time. Now that's annoying. Anyways, Iron Head is a great STAB move for stalling out teams, and taking care of a few Ice and Rock types I guess. It's mostly just used for the Flinching. Same goes with his next move Body Slam. Body Slam has yet again a 60% of a status condition, this time Paralysis. A Body Slam Paralysis and Iron Head flinching combo can lead to the opponent frustrated out of his mind! Especially since Jirachi will be able to take most hits with ease. To add to the annoyance, Wish is added to not only help teammates, but to be able to continue his stall parade for even longer periods of time. Stealth Rocks is one of Jirachis biggest asset to my team for obvious reasons, as it is a great entry hazard, and with Jirachi opponents will find themselves in a sticky situation. The situation is what you say? Well, it quite simple. Would you rather be battered to death with nonstop Paraflinch, or switch out and take Stealth Rock damage? You decide.​

LAST STATEMENTS

Thanks for those of you who stuck around and let me talk about my team! Again, if you see anything that I should change then please don't be afraid to say it. Thanks again!​

Hi there!

This is a neat team you have here, making good use of underrated but very potent threats such as Weavile and Jolteon. One thing I have noticed however, is the weakness to Sun Teams. Half your team is hit Super Effective by fire moves and it seems like you have a big reliance on Dragonite to take said fire moves well. Your other resist is Starmie who will not appreciate taking Sun boosted Fire type hits while not being able to do anything back due to Hydro Pump's power halved in the Sun. To help with this problem, I recommend you trying out a Specially Defensive Heatran over your current Weavile. While they both perform different roles, I do feel that Heatran will solve your problem with Sun Teams, as well as providing you with an offensive stealth rocker. This will open up a new moveslot for Jirachi, maybe you could try U-Turn in place of Stealth Rock to escape Magneton / Magnezone trapping you. Heatran also helps you check a lot of the things Weavile does, being able to buffer hits from Dragons as well as common Sun abusers. Heatran also gives you an answer to Volcarona, who looks very threatening to your team. You pretty much need Stealth Rock down to beat it, and when you don't Quiver Dance Morning Sun variants have no problem setting up against Jirachi, Starmie, Jolteon, and even Weavile and Dragonite in circumstances when Flame Body activates. From there, you only really have Breloom's Stone Edge to beat it, and even then you're relying on it using Quiver Dance / Morning Sun. Heatran clears this weakness up easily, and ultimately makes Sun teams a lot easier to beat.

Alternatively, if you feel this change may not be the best decision, you could always try changing your Dragonite set to a Choice Banded set. A Choice Banded Dragonite does clear up a lot of problems that your team may face. Combined with Starmie's Rapid Spin and Jirachi's Wish support, you will have no problem switching in and out easily. This set pretty much gives you the same attack boost from Dragon Dance, but without having to set up. This is especially helpful when you need to hit Special Walls, or Specially orientated boosting mons hard, such as Volcarona. If you do decide to go with the Heatran change I have proposed, you lose some of your valuable priority, which is always helpful against weather and offensive teams. Choice Banded Dragonite gives you back the priority, equipped with a Choice Band you can hit frail stat boosting Pokemon hard to stop their sweeps.

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers / Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 248 SDef / 8 Spe
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Toxic

Dragonite (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Outrage
- Extremespeed
- Fire Punch
- Waterfall / Earthquake

Gary

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Thanks Jimbon for you support! I do like you Heatran idea, however as you said it will take away a lot of my priority that my team will have, seeing that Weavile is one of my best team members for trapping Psychic and Ghost threats. Pursuit is something that would very hard to let go of. So you said if I go with a choice banded Dragonite I wouldn't have to replace Weavile?

If so, would you mind giving me a moveset idea for the big guy? I have an idea but I need help deciding. Thanks!

I find Weavile to be pretty important to this team. As you said, Sun teams can do a number against this team of elites, but so can the hard hitting dragons such as opposing Dnite, mence, latios, and hydreigon. The sun weakness is still there, but he should probably think about keeping Weavile unless he wants to become even weaker to dragons. Heatran just doesn't cut it against earthquakes/surfs.

Ok, I took a glance at your team and it seems you are a bit Lucario weak.
As in "it can sweep your entire team if it sets up" sense of the word.
The only way I see being able to remove that weakness without changing the structure is to remove set up opportunities.
Either change Jolteon's item to a LO or give Jirachi Fire Punch, as Lucario can set up on a Choice locked Shadow Ball or Hidden Power Ice from Jolteon or as you try to ParaFlinch it to death with Jirachi...which won't work due Inner Focus.

Seeing as you're changing to a previous poster's suggestions, I'd say use the open move slot for Jirachi for Fire Punch. This also makes Magnezone/Magneton issues less prevalent, especially considering HP Fire isn't that much of an issue (a SE one is outdamaged by STAB Thunderbolt), so you'll take care of it much easier with Fire Punch as Maggy fails to hurt you much before you KO it.

Finally, to the guy saying that Heatran can't tank EQ or Surf well, neither can Weavile.
Secondly, with the Heatran suggestion he has another Steel type for Dragon walling, so no, Dragons don't run through this team like a hot knife through butter. EQ, Surf, Fire type moves and all that threaten Jirachi and Heatran? Seems to me that is exactly what Dragonite resists, including random fighting moves. Salamence and Hydreigon are either choiced or substitute in Hydreigon's case (which Heatran can wall as one, the lack of a boosting item is apparent the inability to OHKO Heatran with Focus Blast, not to mention it's accuracy). Obviously, choice locked outrages/Draco Meteor's at Nite won't end well and neither will choice locked EQ/Surf at Tran/Rachi. Latios is LO/Choiced and will never get through Jirachi unless you run a random EQ LO version which is really, really situational (not to mention inferior to nearly all other Latios sets).
Opposing Dragonite can choose the following:

1. Run Fire Punch/EQ/Outrage and be picked off later by Jolteon due lack of Extremespeed (multiscale needs to be broken though).
2. Run Fire Punch/Outrage/Extremespeed and be walled by Heatran.
3. Run EQ/Outrage/Extremespeed and possibly win.

This can all still be stopped even after a successful set up, as you can lure out the Outrage by sending in nite after a DD, as CB or +1 Outrage OHKO's through multiscale.
This is all moot if Heatran has a balloon, in which case he'll always come out on top against nite.

Sorry for rambling on and good luck with your team.

Did you just suggest that Weavile can tank...anything? I didn't either. Weavile takes care of the dragon threats, he doesn't tank their hits, lol. Heatran can tank a hit but can't do crap back, and that's only if they lock themselves into Outrage with steel types still up. Weavile doesn't need to tank a hit, because, you know, speed/power/priority. I'm not saying Heatran is a bad idea. But I think getting rid of Weavile would be a bad idea. It's like getting rid of Mamoswine when a team that's using him is relying on his ability to check dragons. Most people wouldn't suggest getting rid of that. Dragonite also beats Jolteon after a DD, so no need for Espeed. I run Jolly 252/252 atk spe with DD/Dclaw/Earthquake/Fire Punch and it sweeps the whole team, which is why he needs Weavile/Mamoswine or the like.

Gary

So Episode36 and everyone else, I have decided not to replace my Weavile. I tested him out in a battle earlier today an he came in sooo much handy, especially since the opponent was trying to set up for a Espeon Baton Sweep. Weaviles Pursuit won me the battle hands down.

Dragonite however, is getting a choice band buff as he seems to slow to set up, as he was taken out by a Salamence before he could finish the setup. Here's his moveset:

-Fire Punch
-Earthquake
-Outrage
-Extremespeed

If you still think he should be changed then leave a comment but this seems to work the best.

I'm opening this back up for final rating before I begin mad testing. If you have any final changes I should do with this team, then go right on ahead post a comment. Thanks.

And the finished threat list will be coming soon.

Tyranitar:
Choice Band - A joke to my team. Literally everything on my team can outspeed it and can deal a Super Effective blow to it's nuts. Breloom laughs at it, Dragonite destroys it, Weavile maims it, Starmie swamps it, and even Jolteon can HP Ice it. Jirachi is the only thing weak to it, but it will never need to meet it due to my team being able to wreck it.
Choice Scarf - A little scary, just a little. Breloom can still handle it nicely, and pretty much OHKO, and Starmie wont have much of a problem either.
Dragon Dance - LOL

Rotom-W:
Choice Scarf / Specs - The washing machine is pretty scary. Breloom is doomed if he can't manage to OHKO it with Bullet Seed if it's holding Specs due to HP Fire or Ice. If it has a Scarf, no chance. Jolteon's Thunderbolt is the only effective counter my team has against a scarfed Rotom-W, but if it's holding Specs, Breloom shouldn't have much of a problem.
Support - Although Will-O-Wisp is quite annoying, Breloom can effectively Spore/Bullet Seed this thing quite easily. Same goes again with Jolteon.

Scizor:
Choice Band - Dragonite's Fire Punch destroys Scizor with ease. Nothing Scizor has can effectively harm Dragonite.
Swords Dance - Yet again Dragonite can get rid of it before he can set up.
Bulky Swords Dance - He's not going to survive a Choice Banded x4 Fire Punch.....

Dragonite:
Choice Band - If Multiscale has been eliminated by Stealth Rocks, Dragonite is easily taken out by Starmie's Ice Beam, and even with Multiscale can be OHKO by my own Dragonite if he wins the speed tie, and Weavile's Ice Punch.
Dragon Dance - Can easily be taken out before he can set up by Starmie and Weavile.
Mixed - Same as DD. Not much of a threat when it is taken out before it can attack.
Parashuffler - Can be quite annoying if I don't counter it quick enough. Either way, it's Subs can easily be broken by my plethora of Ice moves.
Rain Abuse - Lacks a powerful Dragon move to OHKO my own Dragonite, so it can be countered quite well by an Outrage. Only Pokemon on my team that will have a large problem with Hurricane is Breloom.

Politoed:
Choice Specs / Scarf - What an annoyance. OU is all about the weather, and Politoed is definitely the biggest asset to more than 75% of the OU teams. Jolteon is my surprise gift for this mother trucker, and can OHKO this thing with Thunderbolt all day.
3 Attacks - Now Breloom might be able to join in with Bullet Seed seeing that it now can outspeed it.

Heatran:
Standard - Heatran can be pretty scary. Once the Air Balloon is popped, Heatran goes down quite well to Dragonite's EQ. However, when Air Balloon is still in play, it's up to Starmie to Pop the Balloon. I could somehow surprise Heatran by Volt Switching out of Jolteon to pop the Balloon and going into Dragonite to EQ it.

Jirachi:
Substitute + Calm Mind / Wish + Calm Mind - Jirachi is by far one of the most annoying Pokemon to deal with, second to maybe only Wobbufett. This set can be easy to take care of with Dragonite's Fire Punch or EQ.
Expert Belt - Now this is a problem. Iron Head and Ice Punch can both due a number on Dragonite. My only hope is to hammer it with Weavile and Jolteon. An Expert Belt Jirachi has amazing coverage.
Choice Scarf - Another set that scares the crap out of me. Jirachi is definitley a problem to my team, as it boasts a great stat spread and amazing coverage. I'll have to rely on the combined efforts of my team to take it out.

Latios:
Life Orb / Expert Belt -
Choice Scarf / Specs -
Calm Mind -
Reuniclus:
Calm Mind -
Offensive Trick Room -
Haxorus:
Choice Scarf / Choice Band -
Dragon Dance -
Double Dance -
Ninetales:
Nasty Plot -
Choice Specs -
Special Attacker -
Conkeldurr:
Bulk Up -
Flame Orb + 3 Attacks -
Celebi:
Nasty Plot Sweeper -
Tinkerbell -
Choice Specs / Choice Scarf -
Terrakion:
Double Dance -
Substitute + Swords Dance -
Gyarados:
Offensive / Bulky Dragon Dance -
Choice Band / Choice Scarf -
Gengar:
Substitute + Disable / Pain Split -
Starmie:
Life Orb -
Rapid Spin -
Choice Specs -
Landorus:
Rock Polish / Swords Dance -
Choice Scarf -
Substitute + 3 Attacks -
Infernape:
Mixed Attacker -
Nasty Plot / Swords Dance Booster -
Choice Band -
Volcarona:
Offensive Quiver Dance -
Bulky Quiver Dance -
Chesto Rest -
Substitute -
Magnezone:
Substitute -
Choice Scarf / Choice Specs -
Espeon:
Calm Mind -
Bulky Sun Attacker / Passer -
Salamence:
Dragon Dance -
Mixed -
Defensive -
Hydreigon:
Offensive -
Choice Specs / Choice Scarf -
Substitute -
Breloom:
Bulk Up -
Sub Seed -
Sub Punch -
Latias:
Calm Mind -
Offensive Tank -
Choice Specs -
Toxicroak:
Swords Dance -
Bulk Up -
Lucario:
Swords Dance -
Nasty Plot -
Virizion:
Calm Mind -
Swords Dance -
Dual Screens -
Scrafty:
Dragon Dance -
Bulk Up -
Venusaur:
Special Growth -
Mixed Growth -
SubSeed -
Metagross:
Stealth Rock -
Agility -
Mienshao:
All-Out Attacker -
Cloyster:
Shell Smash -
Utility -
Mamoswine:
Physical Attacker -
Focus Sash + Endeavor -
Darmanitan:
Tornadus:
Rain Abuser -
Choice Specs -
Abomasnow:
Choice Scarf -
SubSeed -
Mixed Attacker -
Alakazam:
Substitute + 3 Attacks -
Offensive Calm Mind -
Focus Sash -
Azelf:
Dual Screens -
Lead -
Nasty Plot -
Choice Band -
Azumarill:
Choice Band -
Deoxys-D:
Fast Spiker -
Dugtrio:
Focus Sash -
Choice Band -
Empoleon:
Agility -
Choice Specs -
Gorebyss:
SmashPass -
Shell Smash Sweeper -
Kingdra:
Dragon Dance -
Rain Dance -
Choice Specs -
Kyurem:
Choice -
Substitute + 3 Attacks -
Victini:
Choice Band / Scarf -
Physical Attacker -
Stoutland:
Choice Band -
Smeargle:
Baton Pass -
Sharpedo:
Speed Boost -
Rotom-C:
Choice Scarf / Choice Specs -
Support -

Standard OU Defensive Threats

Tyranitar:
Specially Defensive -
Rotom-W:
Standard -
Ferrothorn:
Standard -
Politoed:
Defensive -
Gliscor:
Swords Dance -
Substitute + Protect -
AcroBat -
Defensive -
Heatran:
Specially Defensive -
Jirachi:
Specially Defensive -
Skarmory:
Physically Defensive Spiker -
Specially Defensive Spiker -
Ninetales:
Specially Defensive -
Celebi:
Physically Defensive -
Forretress:
Physically Defensive Spiker -
Specially Defensive Spiker -
Gyarados:
RestTalk -
Jellicent:
Utility Counter -
Tentacruel:
Toxic Spikes -
Gastrodon:
Tank -
Espeon:
Dual Screens -
Baton Pass -
Blissey:
Support -
Vaporeon:
Wish Support -
Latias:
Support -
Bronzong:
Tank -
Dual Screens -
Swampert:
Defensive -
Mew:
Stallbreaker -
Slowbro:
Tank -
Quagsire:
Curse -
Specially Defensive -
Physically Defensive -
Cresselia:
Support -
Dual Screens -
Deoxys-D:
Bulky Spiker -
Toxic Staller -
Empoleon:
Specially Defensive -
Hippowdon:
Physical Tank -
Xatu:
Standard -
Dual Screens -
Wobbuffet:
Bulky -
Whimsicott:
Prankster -
Tangrowth:
Physically Defensive -
Sableye:
Prankster -
Porygon2:
Defensive -
Chansey:
Support -

Hey, Lovin' your team. I really like how you used weavile as your lead. Though i noticed how you have no physical walls. Scizor can be a big problem to you, so i would add Gliscor as it can take all of scizors hits and fire back with eq.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs:244 HP / 184 Def / 76 Spe
Nature: Impish
- Substitute
- Protect
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Gary

Hey Glory! I like your idea with me needing a Physical wall, but Dragonite can take Scizor out very nicely due to his Choice Banded Fire Punch. He can also outspeed most Scizor sets that are used, and even tank a Bullet Punch if he has to.

I have found out my only big weakness today: Offensive and Mixed Jirachi. It has so much coverage that it can wreck my whole team, and the only thing that can counter it is Dragonite, but he is outsped and Ice Punched. I tried running a Scarf on him instead of a Band, but Jirachi could withstand a Max Adamant Scarfed Dragonite's Earthquake with a sliver of health. I've only been lucky a couple of times if I can pull off max damage or a crit. Help! I know offensive Jirachis aren't very common, but when one is used, I have nothing to hit it with.

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Alright. I like your team and your use of Weavile and Jolteon, some of the most underrated Pokemon in the current metagame. Also, I think I can help you when it comes to dealing with Mixed and Offensive Jirachi. First off, switch Leftovers on Starmie over to Life Orb. This lets you deal 52.72% - 61.88% to a 252 / 0 unboosted Timid Jirachi with Hydro Pump, and 62.28% - 73.1% with Hydro Pump to a 4 / 0 unboosted Timid Jirachi. Against Mixed Jirachi, which usually run a Naive nature, you end up dealing 69.59% - 81.87% with a LO Hydro Pump. Your Jirachi provides valuable Wish support, so the need for Leftovers is lessened. Also, while you may have Jirachi and Jolteon to cover Tornadus-T, I'd also recommend shifting Weavile's EV spread to 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe. This EV spread lets Weavile outpace max speed Tornadus-T by one point. This gives you a third option in taking down that monstrosity, and also relieves some pressure from Jirachi and Jolteon if it's spotted on the opponent's team. Also, for Starmie, I'd recommend replacing Ice Beam with Psychic. This alleviates a small Conkeldurr vulnerability, and takes some pressure from Breloom's back when it comes to countering it. Other than that, your team looks great!

Sets:

Leftovers ----> Life Orb
Ice Beam ----> Psychic

40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe ----> 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe

I hope this helped. Good luck with your team!

Gary

Thanks a whole bunch Trinitrotoluene! It's amazing that those little changes have not only helped against Jirachi, but also increased my teams overall coverage. I had yet to run into a Conkeldurr, but now I'm prepared for when I do. Thanks again!

Now that I have adjusted my team to take down Fighting types and Jirachi, I have found one weakness that kills me every time: Chlorophyll Sun teams. When a Venusaur comes into play, it's over. It outspeeds even my Jolteon, making HP Ice useless, and Starmie poor defenses destroys it. I didn't want to have to do this, but I might be replacing Starmie. Although he is a speedy devil with great coverage that can spin away hazards, he can't help Dragonite counter the Sun teams. Can anyone think of any ideas? Or should I keep him?

On the contrary, ever since my slight adjustments to Starmie, I have been able to take down any Jirachi on any non weather based team and have yet to lose against any non weather based OU teams. Starmie carries my team in these OU matches by providing Rapid Spin which is needed quite often due to Ferrothorn, while providing powerful Water and Psychic coverage. It's a hard choice.

That's why I need your guy's help again. Is there anything I can change without changing my team in any HUGE way. Like I said, if OU wasn't dominated by weather, my team would be perfect for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)