Team Pikmin!

I love pikmin!
This Team is a tribute to the underrated power that is..Pikmin!
Team Selection process
Selecting a lead
I knew that all the team was depending on a lead, so I choose one that could wipe out some of the most common leads...Venasaur.

Next, was a solid attacking core, Blaziken and Toxicroak

My Team was both A.)Weak to Psychic B.)Very offensive. Slowbro could fix both of these problems easily.

My team then needed a special sponge, I went with Clefable because it is invulnerable to status

and the one I'm unsure about, Alakazam

I was then suggested by /b/utterfree to switch out Slowbro and Alakazam for Gastrodon and Mismagius THANKS TO /B/utterfree!!!

Venasaur@Life OrbRed Pikmin
Timid(+Special Attack-Attack)252Spd,252Spc Atk,4Def
-Leaf Storm
-Sleep Powder
-Sludge Bomb
-Synthisis
: This is tough, I can switch to Slowbro as long as it doesn't have pursuit.
:Leaf Storm is A 2HKO.
:Leaf Storm is a @HKO.
:Leaf Storm.
:Switch to Slowbro and hope Thunder Wave.
:Blaziken
Leaf Storm.

Venasaur is an amazing anti-lead that can knock down many threats in UU such as Milotic and Slowbro.
As you read above, Venasaur can OHKO or 2HKO almost all of the top ten leads. Leaf Storm and Sludge Bomb provide excellent coverage over grass and water types, some of the most common types in UU.
I named him Red Pikmin because Venasaur Is a strong fighter just like the Red Pikmin are.(Also, there are no green pikmin)

Blaziken@Life OrbYellow Pikmin
Hasty(+Spd,-Def)252Spc Atk,252 Speed 4 ATK
-Fire Blast
-Hidden Power(Electic)
-Vacuum Wave
-Superpower
This guy is amazing, he can break walls in half like a toothpick. Vacuum Wave only helps Blaziken as his base special attack is 130.
I choose Hidden Power Electric over Ice because there is only ONE dragon in UU(Altaria) and it's not that big of a threat, on the other hand, UU is crawling with good water types.
I Named Him Yellow Pikmin, Because just like yellow pikmin, He can reach far away places with his type coverage.

Toxicroak@Life OrbPurple Pikmin
Adamant(+Atk-Sp.Atk)252Atk,252Spd
-Sucker Punch
-Cross Chop
-Taunt
-Swords Dance
My Physical sweeper, he tries to taunt walls and sword dance on the switch. Then he can Sucker Punch everything that is faster than him, and Cross Chop everything slower than him.
Fighting+Dark coverage hits everything in the tier for at least neutral damage.
I named him Purple Pikmin because he is strong like the Purples and is a strong willed fighter.

Gastrodon@LeftoversBlue Pikmin
Impish(+Def,-SP.Atk)252HP,252Def
-Recover
-Stockpile
-Toxic
-Earthquake
Gastrodon is an amazing tank that can withstand many of UU's top threats with it's superior defensive typing. Stockpile can raise both defence and SP.Defence by 1, making it like cosmic power.
Toxic can force threats to switch out. Earthquake hits two of gastrodon's counters, Registeel and Venasaur, for damage.

Clefable@LeftoversWhite Pikmin
Calm(+Spc.Def,-Atk)252Hp,152 Def,100 Spc.Def
-Seismic Toss
-Softboiled
-Thunder Wave
-Encore
As stated above,I needed walls for my team, and this is what I chose for the special Wall. You ask why I chose clefable? Well, other than the fact that it is immune to all status and stealth rocks,andspikes.. I Dunno I just kinda like it.
I named it White Pikmin because Like the White Pikmin, It is immune to Poison, and It is the last official one to find, and Clefable is usually a last resort for me.

Mismagius@LeftoversSpirit
Timid(+Spd,-Atk)48 HP,252 Spd,208 Sp.Atk
-Shadow Ball
-Subsitute
-Calm Mind
-Hidden Power Fighting
IS there a person who doesn't know this set?
Shadow Ball+ HP-fighting gets amazing coverage on all the types in UU.
The purpose of this set is to get up a Sub, and then Calm Mind and attack with the two moves.
Do I have to explain the nickname?

That's the team for you, no lame outro, just a hardy goodbye.

Thanks for the PM. Let's have a look at your team.

1. Venusaur's fine. I'd replace Life Orb with Black Sludge just to help Venusaur with survivability.

2. MixIken is okay for a Blaziken. He's fine, too, and has more uses for a Life Orb because of mixed attacking. I'd probably replace the Life Orb with Expert Belt, since MixIken has itself covered by the looks of things.

3. You seem to like Life Orb a lot. For Toxicroak it's fine on him. He only needs to last 6 turns if he is to sweep entire teams, anyway.

4. I strongly recommend replacing Slowbro with Stockpile Gastrodon. It is probably the best wall I've used at all (yes, even better than the walls listed as UU while Gastrodon is surprisingly NU; I always name my Gastrodon "Cynthia" because it is fitting for an Elite Four Champion).

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sticky Hold
Nature: Bold / Calm
EV Spread: 252 HP, 4 Def, 252 Sp. Def OR 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Sp. Def
Moveset:
1. Stockpile [Normal]
2. Recover [Normal]
3. Toxic [Poison] / Pain Split [Normal]
4. Earthquake [Ground] / Ice Beam [Ice]

Reasons behind Movepool:
1. Stockpile gives it a niche that not even Swampert can pull off. Gastro's defenses are better-suited for Stockpile than Hippopowdon, too. I don't understand why Gastro is NU when he can wall Uber Pokes fine.

2. Well, you're obviously going to take damage, and Recover is your best healing move.

3. Toxic is for primary affliction. However, with the Poisons and Steels that make up most of UU, Pain Split seems like a reasonably better option.

4. Ice Beam for Grass-types, or EQ to deal better damage to Toxicroak and Quagsire.

5. Clefable? Well, Magic Guard does prevent status from hitting it, so it's good I suppose. Replace Leftovers with Life Orb here, because Clefable is immune to the residual damage of Life Orb.

6. Yeah, I don't see why Alakazam hasn't dropped to NU yet. I'd use Mismagius. However, the set is entirely up to you, but I would recommend Substitute and Nasty Plot as set-up moves.

Thank you for the feedback. Venasuar can still dish out damage with black sludge, and Blaziken just killed his first Milotic with hp Electric.However,I don't need life orb on clefable because my only attacking move is seismic toss. Are you cool if I use your gastrodon set?

Thank you for the feedback. Venasuar can still dish out damage with black sludge, and Blaziken just killed his first Milotic with hp Electric.However,I don't need life orb on clefable because my only attacking move is seismic toss. Are you cool if I use your gastrodon set?
I'm recommending the Gastrodon set so you can use it over Slowbro. Gastro has infinitely better defensive typing, so he'd function much better.

alright well, lets see here.... i would suggest moving venusaur from the lead and putting a jynx there.

Attacking Lead
Focus Sash Timid
Moveset EVs 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
~ Lovely Kiss
~ Ice Beam
~ Grass Knot
~ Nasty Plot

This jynx will do the same as your venusaur and better i think. Grass knot to deal with milotics and slowbros. At the beginning of a math just lovely kiss, nasty plot, then sweep basically.

I also recommend switching out alakazam for venusaur if you still want to keep him, if not then w.e

With your current team, an Timid, Life Orb Alakazam can OHKO Venusaur, Toxicroak, and Blaziken. It 2HKOes Mismagius and Gastrodon. It 2HKOes or 3HKOes Clefable. This is a problem.

I recommend changing Venusaur to Tangrowth. With a Life Orb, I assume you want it to sweep. As far Grass types go, Tangrowth is better suited for that due to Swords Dance. It also gets Synthesis and has a much higher Defense stat. If you want to stay with Venusaur, I suggest Scarfing it. Lead Venusaur is best used to sleep the opponent's lead, then come back later and do damage. With Scarf, you out-speed all non-Scarfed leads and Sleep them, effectively preventing them from setting up Stealth Rock. If you want Venusaur to stay exactly how it is, then may I suggest making Mismagius your lead? It sounds odd, but few leads are effective attackers and Mismagius could set up on many of them quite easily.Your opponent won't likely send out their counter the first turn, as many people are unsure what to do with a lead Mismagius. If they switch to it the second turn, you already have a Sub and one CM up.

That leads me to my next point. Mismagius isn't designed to wall things. She's a sweeper. Therefore, why not give her Nasty Plot over CM? It gives you double the SpAtk boost although you don't get the SpDef boost. However, from an offensive standpoint, you get two Calm Minds for the price of one. Otherwise, Missy is fine.

Blaziken is also fine, but her base SpAtk is 115, not 130.

Toxicoak, also fine.

If you do switch Venusaur and Missy, then he's fine too.

Okay, I STRONGLY (more than anything else so far), HEAVILY, suggest changing Gastrodon to Quagsire. Here's why:
-same Ground/Water typing
-same access to Recover
-better Defense stat (since you're using him as a physical wall)
-Curse over Stockpile (Curse raises Atk and Def, but Gastro isn't meant to block SpAtks anyway. Also, Curse doesn't max out at 3)
-Water Absorb (a straight-up better ability)
-can pseudo-sweep after several Curses
-access to Yawn, a sleeping/phazing move

Here's my suggested Quagsire set:
Quagsire@Leftovers
Relaxed Nature; Water Absorb Ability; 252 Def EVs/252 HP EVs/4 SpDef EVs
Moveset-
Recover
Curse
Earthquake
Stone Edge/Yawn

Yawn if you want to phaze (although you have no entry hazard support, which is another problem), Stone Edge for a more offensive Quagsire. Once again, this is the most important part of my rate.

On Clefable, switch those Def EVs over to SpDef. Quagsire isn't meant to block special attacks, and Cefable isn't meant to block physical attacks. This means that Alakazam can NEVER 2HKO you with a Life Orb Psychic. Also, and this is just a ,atter of opinion, but Calm Mind would boost Clefable's SpDef, meaning that it could wall special attacks even BETTER. But it's your choice.

For a team with Miasmagius and Blaziken sweepers, SR support is crucial. I won't suggest anyone here, but Stealth Rock turns certain 3HKOes into 2HKOes, and certain 2HKOes into OHKOes. How you go ahead with this is your choice .

Don't think that just because I suggested a lot of changes means your team is no good. It can just be improved. However, DEFINITELY read the part about Quagsire and Clefable. Welcome to Smogon, by the way, and good luck with your team. :) One more thing, I also LOVE Pikmin.

Thank everybody so much for giving comments on my team! I appreciate our effort and time spent on helping me. I hope you succeed!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)