1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Team Ronald Jenkees - Or when music makes you pumped

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by F1ipee, Feb 20, 2013.

1. F1ipee

F1ipee

So, I've been following this musician, Ronald Jenkees, for a while on Youtube, and recently (well, 3 months ago) he posted a new song, Red Lemonade Remix.

[youtube]P0YiWsAM0O8[/youtube]

I feel in love with this song, and started listening to all his songs once again. One day, I was listening to one of his songs, Gold Spinners, and it reminded me of a shiny Forretress. So I thought "Hey, why not a Ronald Jenkees themed team?". So... a Ronald Jenkees themed team... I'll try to post the original recordings of the songs that helped make this team.

THE TEAM:

[​IMG]
    RockyTheme (Terrakion) @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Justified
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
    Jolly Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Close Combat
    - Stone Edge
    - Taunt

Terrakion is based on the The Rocky Song Remixed (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXIUeMSKr_A). Focus Sash Terrakion is a pretty straight forward lead, it hits hard, it sets up rocks, and it never gives up, just like Rocky Balboa. Terrakion doesn't need to sinergise that much with the rest of the team, he is a force itself, but he goes along nicely with Tyranitar, that deals with the Twins and general Psychic types, and Latias, that gets rid of Landorus-T an Skarmory.

[​IMG]
    GoldSpinner (Forretress) (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    Shiny: Yes
    EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SDef
    Relaxed Nature
    - Spikes
    - Rapid Spin
    - Volt Switch
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

Forretress, my inspiration for the team, is based on the song Gold Spinners (no original, sorry: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=va-ACTKO6FA). He had to be on the team, he is a GOLDEN SPINNER. He is the only wall on the team, but he does not break its momentum, because of Volt Switch. He sets up the spikes and removes the hazards, but is never a set-up fodder. He goes along with everyone on the team, and gets his job done nicely.

[​IMG]
    StayCrunchy (Tyranitar) (M) @ Choice Band
    Trait: Sand Stream
    EVs: 180 HP / 252 Atk / 76 Spd
    Adamant Nature
    - Crunch
    - Stone Edge
    - Pursuit
    - Superpower

Tyranitar is based on the song Stay Crunchy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg8LfoyDFUM). A banded Tyranitar is a great asset to any team, becauses it hits hard, even 2HKOing Gliscor. He stops the Psychic types and CM Reuniclus, a little guy that could rain on my parade. As a great wallbreaker, Tyranitar opens the path of destruction to Latias and Terrakion, whilst being a great poke in itself.

[​IMG]
    RLRemix (Rotom-Wash) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Levitate
    Shiny: Yes
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
    Timid Nature
    - Hydro Pump
    - Volt Switch
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Trick

Rotom-W is based on the song Red Lemonade Remix (the song at the start). I needed someone red, but didn't want to use Scizor nor Heatran. So I chose Shiny Rotom-W to fit that role, and lemonade... water, ya dig? So, I could've choosen Bulky Offensive or Specially Defensive, but instead I chose Scarfed with Trick to cripple any unpleasant defensive poke that could give me trouble. HP Ice of Fire because I feel that Ferrothorn is not much of a problem for this team.

[​IMG]
    Super Fun (Latias) (F) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
    Timid Nature
    - Draco Meteor
    - Psyshock
    - Surf
    - Recover

Latias is based on the song Super Fun (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BvWqmGpCAI). I was thinking what could be a Super Fun poke, and Latias came to mind. Latios is not fun, he's lame and the same everyday. Life Orb Latias seemed the best set of Latias to choose, because it fits the general theme of the song, "fun", and gets around many pokes that could give trouble, such as Starmie and Rotom-W.

[​IMG]
    Guitar (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 80 HP / 176 Spd / 252 Atk
    Jolly Nature
    - Substitute
    - Body Slam
    - Iron Head
    - Fire Punch

Jirachi is based on the song Guitar Sound (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smE-uIljiGo). I wanted a guy to help with Latios and those powerful Specially Offensive guys, but didn't want the wall variant. This set is nice because it has the needed bulk, but still can be offensive usefull.

This is a Music themed team, not a TEAM based team, so it might have some weakness, but I would love your feedback.
  2. VN.

VN. the birds pt. 1
    is a Team Rater Alumnus

Hey there,

This actually isn't too bad a team, the most profound change I'd probably make here is to change Terrakion to a Swords Dance variant. This team honestly seems like its crying out for a Terrakion sweep. I feel like adding SD Terrakion gives this team a pretty solid win condition as well, as the only other real sweeper to make use of the spikes and all that is Latias. CB Tyranitar and the Spikes are excellent for pressuring Terrakion checks/counters like Hippowdon, Gliscor after luring them in , which is key to a Terrakion sweep, as it's able to beat its counters once they're just a bit weakened. One small change you can make to Tyranitar, however is to give him a spread of 156/252+/100; the 100 speed puts him at 183, enough to outspeed 24 Spe Skarmory, as well as some Politoed spreads. Latias definitely needs some speed as well, so that it can effectively check Breloom, Keldeo, Terrakion and other threats; its speed is one of its main selling points as a tank and you should definitely utilize it. Latias will definitely be more effective if you drop those 252 HP EVs into speed. I'd also consider trying Hidden Power Fire over Psyshock on Latias; it wrecks Rotom-W/Scizor cores [and Scizor in general] and sort of prevents Latias from being Spikebait for Ferrothorn; it also still KOs Breloom 252 SpAtk Life Orb Latias Hidden Power Fire vs 4 HP/0 SpDef Breloom: [102.29% - 120.61%] and you can always hit Keldeo hard with Dmeteor or just whittle it down with Surf if youre in on a scarfed attack that Latias resists. It could potentially open you up to CM Versions, so feel free not to change it but Rotom-W could always trick them. Finally I'd change up Jirachi's set a bit; first of all I'd give it Stealth Rock if you change Terrakion to an SD Variant [it's a fairly reliable SR setter, given its typing giving it a good matchup against a lot of stuff, opening up opportunities for SR], putting it over Substitute. I'd also consider using Ice Punch>Body Slam; you can lure in and hit Gliscor [one of Terrakion's counters] supereffectively, as well as Dragons like Latios, Dragonite, etc, also makes Jirachi a less safe switch for Garchomp. Overall this is a really good team, man, not a lot of holes and with the changes I think it can be pretty good, gl! Ronald has some nice music, by the way, thanks for introducing me :)

Change Summary:

Tyranitar:
    Current EVs->156 HP/252 Atk/100 Spd

Jirachi:
    Substitute->Stealth Rock
    Body Slam->Ice Punch

Latias:
    Current EVs->4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spd

[​IMG]
    Terrakion @ Rock Gem
    Trait: Justified
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
    Jolly Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Close Combat
    - Stone Edge
    - Substitute/Rock Polish
  3. Mr. Green

Mr. Green

Hey, there

Nice team, going to rate a known weakness to fight spam in general and an even bigger weakness Volcarona that this team destroys it, because this offensive Quiever Dance Volcarona after a Quiever Dance at a faster rate Rotom-W can possess Choice Scarf that would be your only hypothetical weapon to stop using Volcarona Trick, but you can not because you're slower and'd end destroyed by Bug Buzz, to address these threats, I propose the following solutions: put Landorus-T instead of bulky Forretress to set Stealth Rock, Forretress does not seem particularly useful because the team does not suffer from over-the entry hazards, Rotom-W, Latias and Landorus-T (if you put it) are not weak it has to Spikes Toxic Spikes and do not take heavy damage from Stealth Rock when they enter the field, the only weak to Spikes would Tyranitar, Jirachi and Terrakion, which Jirachi immune to Toxic Spikes thanks to the steel type, which does not sound too serious, Landorus-T bulky with this moveset: 196 HP / 96 Atk / 216 Def Earthquake - Stealth Rock - Stone Edge - U-Turn Adamant. By investing in defense and HP is able to effectively resist moves to fight, especially by Terrakion and Scizor for example, and with Earthquake, Stealth Rock even more square As for the rather substantial weakness in Volcarona, since now there would Landorus-T to place the Stealth Rock, it would be enough to make a small change to give that Choice Scarf Terrakion> Focus Sash and Taunt> Earthquake, X-Scissor> Stealth Rock, in this how are you faster than Volcarona after a Quiever Dance and entering the field on his Quiever Dance, you can use Stone Edge kill him quietly.

Moving on to minor changes, but still important, I do not really like the set of Latias is really too slow, use these evs: 72 HP / 184 SAtk / 252 Spd, so that gains speed and do not be overcome by Terrakion and Keldeo for example but also by Salamence and Garchomp, with evs in HP you are able to hold a Sludge Bomb Venusaur to +2 and kill him with Psychock. The second set of Jirachi could stand me, I would do the classic SDefer to better resist moves Dragon, counting using the Substitute's HP down faster, I would do it like this: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Atk Body Slam - Iron Head - Protect - Wish, Sassy. Wish it seems much more useful to cure himself and the other Pokemon on the team, as Tyranitar and Rotom-W for example.

Good luck!
  4. F1ipee

F1ipee

Latias was meant to have 252 speed, I guess I exported wrong from Showdown. The idea of Scarf Terrakon is nice, but you need to understand that Forretress is the heart of the team, it was based around it, and music. And I would have to change Rotom-W as well, a bulkier offensive variant, and have Jirachi to set SR up.

Or... I have a uncommon set, follow me on this one. It's a Jolly scarfed Jirachi with SR/ Iron Head/ Trick/ Healing Wish, 252 HP/ 252 Speed/ 4 Atk. I use it with Banded Garchomp and it works wonders, I guess it should do well with a SD Terrakion. What you guys think?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)