Team Spongebob [CaP RMT]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! this is my 1st RMT... so please bear with me...

[images from PE2K and CaP Sprite index]

At a glance: This team started out as a gimmick out of Spongebob Squarepants' buddies, but as this team came together, it appealed as a rain team that still has the Spongebob gimmick

Sandy (Pachirisu) (F) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Run Away
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Rain Dance
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave
My RD Lead... She may not be as fast as Jolty she'll have to do... with a +Speed nature and maxed Speed EVs
Thunder is my main attack, 100% acc in rain, can deal up to 99% damage to lead Aerodactyls once it taunts and this hits
HP ice is there for ground types who like to switch in, like Fidgit

Patrick (Starmie) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Recover
- Surf
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
My All Out attacking behemoth. 2 STABs + BoltBeam for coverage. Might get Life Orb instead for more carnage, or Choice Specs/Scarf for additional power/speed, eh?

No Name (Tentacruel) (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP/120 Def/16 Spd/120 SAtk
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Rapid Spin
- Sludge Bomb
- Toxic
- Surf
This guy is my Special Spinning Toxic-Spikes-Absorbing Wall. I'm still testing how good is Ice Beam vs Sludge Bomb.

Mystery (Kingdra) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Waterfall
- Rain Dance
With the proper Rain set-up, this guy KILLS. Double Dance for tons of outrunning. Maxed Attack AND Speed, and it is subject to change

Squidward (Arghonaut) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP/32 Atk/204 Def/20 Spd
- Substitute
- Waterfall
- Recover
- Focus Punch
I put some Speed EVs. Weird huh? I just need a little jump for mirror matches. Might replace this with a SubPunch variant

Pineapple (Ludicolo) (M) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
- Seed Bomb
- Waterfall
- Leech Seed
- Rain Dance
It's Spongebob's house! Dive-Seed is a real fun strategy, especially when you're faster in the Rain, but is rather easily predicted. I like how this guy is not very much affected by Electric and Grass [compared to the others], 2 of the types my team is generally weak against

Overall:
I got 3 Raindancers, 2 of which are most likely to sweep under the rain. I got someone to sweep even without rain. 2 Bulky Pokemon. So far, so good.

Considering:

Wailord [Pearl] for some bulk
Kingler [Eugene Krabs] and Qwilfish [Mrs Puff] for additional powerhouses

Edits:
  • Tentacruel: replaced Ice Beam with Sludge Bomb
  • Tentacruel: replaced Toxic Spikes with Toxic [experimental]
  • Ludicolo: replaced Dive with Waterfall
  • Starmie: replaced TBolt with Recover
  • Arghonaut: replaced Ice Punch with Sub
  • Arghonaut: replaced Brick Break with Focus Punch
Comments? Suggestions? Put 'em here

As it is, I hate it.

The main thing is that your Parichisu isn't doing anything that Jolteon couldn't do. Parichisu is just terrible overall. Fidgit leads laugh at you. Replace it with Jolteon.

Tentacruel's set is better done by Fidgit. You have plenty of Water attacks on your team already, and you lack Stealth Rock.

I'd suggest replacing Starmie's Thunderbolt or Ice Beam with Recover and using a Life Orb. Psychic/Surf will hit most targets almost as hard once Life Orb is factored in.

Just a heads-up, Ludicolo doesn't resist Grass or Electric.

Oh, and Pyroak walls your whole team.

1) Pachirisu is just HORRIBLE. Really, why not Azelf/Crobat/Kitsunoh/Zapdos/whatever-but-not-Pachirisu?

2)Rain teams should never waste turns. There's no reason to use Dive on Ludicolo. It only help your opponent stall you out of Rain turns

3)You need a more offensive Arghonaut variant to properly work in the rain. The SubPunch variant may work

4)With Fidgit everywhere, those Toxic Spikes are just a waste. It would be better to put Stealth Rock somewhere. It helps a lot more by virtue of Rain Dance teams offensive nature.

5)You have nothing - really nothing - to switch into a ThunderWave. Heck, you have nothing to switch into Electric attacks in general. with no defensive EV, even Ludicolo will struggle against the likes of Jolteon and Zapdos.

6)Last thing, once your Kingdra is gone, good luck fighting SkarmBliss.

P.S.: If it was not clear, REMOVE PACHIRISU. It's just that bad. Sorry.

^ if you read the team details, you will see why pachirisu... no offense ,and none taken for yours

made a few edits... will test this out when the CaP server is filled with people

^ if you read the team details, you will see why pachirisu... no offense ,and none taken for yours

made a few edits... will test this out when the CaP server is filled with people
Sorry, but unless it is for the gimmick theme (which I cant see as a valid excuse) I haven't found any valid reason in your explanation for why you chose Pachirisu.

You say that Pachirisu is not as fast as Jolteon (which is true), but then? You simply explain how it works. Well, Jolteon, Zapdos and Jirachi (just to name some examples) can all pull off the same set - just... better.

Anyway, props for putting Waterfall over Dive. Consider also Swords Dance over Leech Seed.

Well, I like the Spongebob idea, but things like this don't go well at all competitevly.
An example for this is Pachirisu. It has NO advantage over Jolteon with the set you mentioned, but you're just using it for the "Sandy" idea...
You barely explained anything about each pokemon. I know its your first RMT, but thats basic...
Another thing: Your team will fall against your common weaknesses. A big thing to remember when building a Rain Team is having at least 1 Grass/Electric resist (Pachi barely acts as an Electric resist with his paper defences...), while your team has none. You might consider swapping a poke for Parasect/Roserade/Magnezone/ect... They all gain something in rain (e.g: Dry Skin, Wheather Ball, less fire damage...)
Hope this helps ;)

Pachirisu=FAIL, as it's been said, i'll repeat it anyway. Jolteon is SO much better, change it. I like the spongebob theme though, No Name is a purple jellyfish, tentacruel is not, change the name?

EDIT: Where's Gary!!!!!

well nothing else in pokemon looks like a squirrel like Pachy does.
And then? It may be nice and all, but as I said, there's no reason to make a RMT on a gimmick team if you do not make it at least somehow competitive. And there's no way a Rain Team can be competitive with a Pachirisu lead. Most faster leads (Azelf, Aerodactyl, Fidgit, Scarfrachi) will annihilate it before it had even the chance to move (note that his Pachirisu does not even carry a Focus Sash). Moreover, slower leads are so bulky you won't even scratch them (seriously, with 45Atk/45Satk, what do you hope to do?). At least, with Super Fang it could have a chance to dent (no pun intended) something.

To sum this up: If you(I'm talking to ray2020) want your team to be taken on seriously by any rater, you have to give up on Pachirisu.

I suggest you use Hydro Pump on Starmie since you are having rain set up. Hydro Pump will have 100% accuracy, you can also run Thunder if you want as well. Give it Life Orb to do deal some crazy amounts of damage.

EDIT: Where's Gary!!!!!
good point, omastar should at least be mentioned as a possible replacement to ludicolo.

also, poliwrath=mermaid man, steelix=bull-worm, qwilfish=mrs. puff, dusknoir=the flying dutchman, swalot=bubble bass, man ray=mantine.

edit @ fuzznip- since when does hydro pump get an accuracy boost in the rain?

No, take Sludge Bomb off of Tentacruel. I don't care if it has STAB and helps against Pyroak, there are better ways to deal with it. Sludge Bomb is a terrible move.

Lose the Speed on Arghonaut if you're going to use a SubPuncher.

Get rid of Pachirisu already. At least put a Jolteon or a Fidgit there for an electric immunity.

I suggest you use Hydro Pump on Starmie since you are having rain set up. Hydro Pump will have 100% accuracy
no it won't

3. Have some actual words in your post beyond your six Pokemon and their moves. Not following this makes your post quite boring to read and rate. All Pokemon should have a good reason for being in your team anyway, so why not post that reason? If you are having trouble with this one, start by giving an explanation for each team member. Why are they there? What role do they serve? How do you get them in? Then, give an explanation of how you would open with the team and how you would go about using it. All of these things help people rate your team and allow us to offer more helpful advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)