1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Team SteelNuts

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by prodigy210x, Feb 13, 2011.

1. prodigy210x

prodigy210x

Hey Guys.
    So this is my first post here and i may do somethings wrong, if i do im sorry.
    Anyway i have been play around with a lot of different teams and i have found this to be the most successful. So here we go :D

H2Owned (Starmie) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Thunderbolt
    - Ice Beam
    - Psychic
    - Hydro Pump

Ok so I run a LO Starmie lead and it has worked great, I didnt think it would really work that well but it has done surprisingly well. Hydro Pump for stab and pure power, Boltbeam for coverage and Psychic to deal with those annoying Machamps/Gangar leads. Pretty simple.

Pendulum (Salamence) (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Earthquake Spiral
    EVs: 40 Atk / 252 SAtk / 216 Spd
    Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
    - Fire Blast
    - Brick Break
    - Draco Meteor
    - Earthquake

MixMance is a beast. I sent him in early game and he gets the ball rolling for me. He can also scout for my late game sweepers. I run Brick Break to hit Blissey and slower ice types. Earthquake Spiral because he normally always gets a kill.

Shrooms (Breloom) (F) @ Toxic Orb
    Trait: Poison Heal
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Seed Bomb
    - Spore
    - Focus Punch
    - Substitute

Ahh i love this thing, Comes in end game and cleans up whats left.
    He can check alot of things that my team has trouble with, Such as Swampert, Nattorei, Doryuuzu, and Zuruzukin.

Tinkerbell (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 SAtk
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    - Draco Meteor
    - Flash Cannon
    - Stealth Rock
    - Thunderbolt

Tinnkerbell comes in after Starmie to get up rocks with is a good thing seeing as my team has an ice weakness. I made him a little bulky because i wanted it to be able to take a few hits. Also my main Gyarados and Dragon check.
    Thinking i might put a scarf on it ?

NotScissors (Scizor) (M) @ Choice Band
    Trait: Technician
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - U-turn
    - Bullet Punch
    - Superpower
    - Pursuit

My other late game sweeper, Come in after Breloom and Spams Bullet Punch.
    Also my Pursuiter, so he's a big part of the team.

Jesus. (Tyranitar) (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Sand Stream
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Crunch
    - Earthquake
    - Fire Punch
    - Stone Edge

MixMance partner in crime, comes in early gets the Sand Storm and you would be surprised how much it has come though for me. I love the ScarfTar set because it still gets a surprise kill (even though its pretty common these days)

So yeah thats My Team (Team SteelNuts) Please tell me any ideas you might have and i will try them out. I know i have probably done something wrong in this but this is my first so if you could just tell me how to fix it i will :)
    -Prodigy210x-
  2. Lord Liam

Lord Liam

Hi there! You have a pretty solid team there with great resistances across the board, but you struggle against common threats such as Doryuuzu. You have nothing to check Ulgamoth (faster than Tyranitar after a Butterfly Dance and OHKOes with Bug Buzz), Doryuuzu (effectively deals with pretty much everything you have) and other fast set-up threats. To remedy this problem, I suggest adding Azumaril to your team in place of Scizor.
    [​IMG]
    Azumaril @ Choice Band
    248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
    Nature: Adamant
    Ability: Huge Power
    - Aqua Jet
    - Waterfall
    - Superpower
    - Ice Punch / Toxic / Return

This Azumaril has a hugely powerful (pun intended) Aqua Jet capable of defeating threats such as Ulgamoth, Blaziken, Doryuuzu and Landlos who all give your team trouble. The last slot is basically whatever you want to hit, Ice Punch hits Dragons like the Latis and Salamence, whereas Toxic nails bulky-waters on the switch and Return provides good neutral coverage.

Next, your current Jirachi set is very ineffective. Draco Meteor is a horrible move if it doesn't have STAB coming from something like Latios or Dragonite, and there are better Pokemon at this role than Jirachi. I must also note that it is NOT a Gyarados check, +1 Earthquake absolutely decimates your Jirachi set. I feel Heatran would work well as a replacement, he has respectable bulk and many opportunities to come in and is an excellent user of Stealth Rock.

[​IMG]
    Heatran @ Balloon / Shuca Berry
    Nature: Timid / Naive
    Ability: Flash Fire
    4 HP / 252 Sp.Atk / 252 Spe
    - Stealth Rock
    - Hidden Power Grass / Explosion
    - Earth Power
    - Fire Blast

Currently you don't have any Pokemon to stop Gyarados, but Salamence does well enough especially when Rocks aren't on the field. Starmie should always be running Rapid Spin especially when placed in the lead position to defeat their lead and spin their hazards if they're laid, and is useful later in the match. I recommend replacing Psychic with Rapid Spin, as Fighting-types are hit very hard by LO STAB Hydro Pump anyways.

Great team, hopefully my changes work well for you, and good luck!
  3. IronGross

IronGross

Seems solid, a few minor flaw thought:
    -Why are you running both BB and EQ on Salamence? If you insist on Moxie, them replace BB for Dragon Claw.
    -I don't think you need a Scarf on Jirachi, just replace it with Substitute/CM/Flash Cannon/TB.
    -No Pursuit on Tyranitar? Replace Fire Punch for it.
    Overall solid, gl!
  4. prodigy210x

prodigy210x

Thanks
    Ill try what you think will work (:

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)