Team SuperUmbreonScouts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Overview:

I'm sure by now you're wondering: Isn't this team a lot like cyberzero's?

Well, I was thinking the other day about what a useful move U-turn is, and how many of the CAPs are able to learn it. With that in mind, I decided to try to build an entire team around U-turn and scouting. Cyber's triple-scout strategy just didn't quite do it for me.

Many people who know me can tell you that I frequently attempt some crazy new idea that, at first glance, doesn't seem to work. For example, I recently gave up on my Baton Pass chain to Pyroak because I found out that Blissey walls it, even with six Calm Minds. This is different. This team is actually capable of handling a vast number of threats and wearing down the opponent's team.

The best part is the frustration this can cause some players. The fact that U-turning allows you to switch with no prediction means that every member of my team can usually find a safe time to switch in and wreck havoc.

Playing it, I've kept roughly the same position on the ladder that I'm usually at (around seventh on the leaderboard) so overall, I feel that the team has been very successful.

A quick note: Celebi hasn't always been a part of the team. I used to run a mixed Syclant to break down walls instead. While MixClant was fabulous at its job, my team had a severe Water weakness. After I was torn apart by a Rain Dance team, and then by a single Suicune, I realized I needed a Celebi, and Syclant got the boot.

Without further ado, team SuperUmbreonScouts: (changes in bold)

Kitsunoh (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- ShadowStrike
- Superpower
- Trick

The lead. With a team full of U-turners, what to lead with is a tricky decision. I used Flygon for a while, but one thing I like about Kitsunoh is that some Scarfers will actually try to Trick it (which nobody will do to Flygon). I run Frisk to help me determine my opponent's lead's plans. It's actually been very helpful against things that cacn do multiple jobs as leads like Metagross, Jirachi, Swampert, Infernape, and Heatran. The ever popular Azelf lead is sorely punished by two U-turns that take it out easily. ShadowStrike and Superpower provide perfect coverage, and I can Trick things when I no longer need my Scarf. I'm thinking of running Ice Punch to deal with Dragon Dancing Salamence (because it often outruns Flygon). While I don't need max Speed when I have the Scarf, I went for it anyway to tie with Latias and Gengar after I've Tricked.

Flygon (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk/80 Satk/176 Spd
Naive nature (+Spe, -SDef)
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Outrage
- Fire Blast

Flygon has been one of my favourite Pokemon ever since Col. M showed me what it can do as a lead. This guy has considerably more power than Kitunoh, due to his powerful moves and +Atk nature. I chose Fire Punch because Fire Blast's accuracy always fails me and Flamethrower only has about a 20% chance of OHKOing Scizor. Outrage and Earthquake are killer STAB moves and U-turn is there because that's the whole point.

Fidgit (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 Spd
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- U-turn
- Encore

Fidgit is the Stealth Rocker on this team. It's very handy for wearing out Zapdos and Salamence. Because my team's playstyle forces a ton of switches, I try to get this out as soon as possible. Initially, I didn't think entry hazards were a big threat to the team, but Spikes really takes its toll on Kitsunoh. I'm therefore considering Rapid Spin over Earth Power, which hasn't been too useful except as a bulky Heatran check. I also used to have Wish over Encore, but Encore + U-turn is such a fantastic combo I had to put it in.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP/216 Def/40 Spd (30 Speed IV)
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- U-turn
- Psychic
- Recover
- Grass Knot

The result of my team having major Water problems. The floating onion, as everyone knows, is capable of surviving attacks that very few Pokemon can. U-turn is a nice resource to have against other Celebi, but it still only inflicts around 30-40%. Grass Knot solves any problems I had with Swampert and co. while Psychic is a great move in the CAP metagame.

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP/252 Atk/8 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower

Standard CB Scizor. Kicks ass. Revenges most of the metagame with Bullet Punch, Pursuits all the Psychics. As he's fairly bulky, I don't mind the slow U-turn much. He's the most powerful attacker on the team, easily. However, as the team currently has no way of setting anything up, I'm considering replacing Pursuit with Swords Dance and using Leftovers or a Life Orb.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 240 HP/56 Atk/76 Def/136 Spd
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Wish
- U-turn
- Body Slam
- Iron Head

I'm using a very defensive Jirachi to support all the scouts with Wish. Using U-turn means Jirachi will often be able to take a hit before switching to the Wish recipient; helpful as Jirachi is the bulkiest member of the team aside from Celebi. Body Slam and Iron Head serve as Jirachi's usual luck-based attacks, and can sometimes tear through slower Pokemon without allowing them to move.

Rate and comment; I want to know what you think!

I've battled this team of yours already, and all I have to say is that it has a HUGE Zapdos weakness, especially AgilityDos which can outspeed Kit and kill with Heatwave, and Fidgit is 2HKO'd by its HP ice and OHKOs Flygon and can put a huge dent in Jirachi with HeatWave and KOs Scizor with Heatwave aswell.

Yeah, Zapdos really did me in because I wasn't expecting your set at all. I generally assume most Zapdos either run Heat Wave or Hidden Power Ice, and not both, so I wasn't considering an agility set that would even outspeed my revenge killers.

Not sure what to do about it. Maybe a Tyranitar? (But it breaks my theme :( )

Well you see. If you compare this team to Cyber's team you'll notice he has a counter for Zapdos, Swampert. Swampert can take down Zapdos with ease unless Zapdos is running HP Grass. So I think you should get a bulky water or Tyranitar is still an excellent choice.

Tyranitar will actually do amazingly well. All of your teammates don't mind it, and more than half of them benefit from it. CBTar can destroy those pesky Blisseys, and can take perfect care of your Zapdos weak.

I'm not too sure who you should take out though, you'll have to decide.

Yeah, I noticed a general Sandstorm happiness with this team, so I'm always pleased when I see a Tyranitar lead.

I don't really believe in Swampert as a Zapdos counter any more, ever since they all started running HP Grass. I don't know what to take out, so I may just leave the Zapdos weakness. For the few that run Agility + three attacks, it shouldn't be much of a problem.

If I were to switch anything, I think it would have to be Flygon or Kitsunoh, which is terribly diappointing because they spend the most time battling.

And yes, this is the right forum for this, as it's clearly a CAP RMT.

Also, I noticed a something in your team... Skarm would have a lot of fun with it after Kit dies, because trick is the only thing that can save you. So i may consider using Fire blast or possibly flamethrower over fire punch.

For Flygon, try running the Life Orb variant and see how it goes.

Roost
Earthquake
Fire Blast
Outrage

This will cover said Skarmory weakness.

I haven't been having much luck with Fire Punch so for now I've replaced it with Fire Blast.

Anything else? In particular, anything about the things I mentioned?

If you want, you can make Celebi use the Perish Trapper set to help against Pokemon that are wanting to stat boost, and it makes it easier for you to finish off the final Pokemon. It still fits the theme to.

U-Turn is NOT a good choice for a team w/ 3 choice items. The incoming choiced pokemon will be forced to U-turn right back out if they were switched in with a u-turn

U-Turn is NOT a good choice for a team w/ 3 choice items. The incoming choiced pokemon will be forced to U-turn right back out if they were switched in with a u-turn
Do you think I haven't playtested this at all?
I've been using this team for some time, with general success.
Also, U-turn doesn't work like that. Way to make yourself look like a fool.

Fuzznip: My team doesn't really have trouble with the last-pokemon strategies or stat-boosters because of Fidgit's Encore and Jirachi's para-flinching abilities. I really do need Psychic on my team for Revenankh, Machamp, and the other Fighters.

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I believe that glitch was fixed.

Hmmm... I've noticed something else... after a DD from Mence it can rip through most the whole team excepting for Scizor, but you can't fix all flaws rigth ? :)

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Wrong, his Flygon outspeeds Adamant LO mence after one DD. Furthermore Bullet Punch will do about 60% to Mence, and if you factor in rocks and LO recoil it's good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)