Team Trials II - Semi-Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
Team Trials II - Semi-Finals

Deadlines:

Tier Change Deadline: Thursday, July 16th, 9:00 PM, EDT.
Deadline: Tuesday, July 28th, 9:00 PM, EDT.

General Tournament Rules:

Previous Thread:

About Team Trials:

Teams will be pitted against each other in a single elimination format. Once a team reaches two wins, they advance to the next round. The last game does not need to be played, but can be completed for pride. At the beginning of each round, there will be a two day period where a team member can send in a tier change for their roster via PM. It is best if one player on the team fulfills the role of captain. If I receive two different submissions from two different members on a team, I will use the base tiers provided in the signup thread. The same applies for if I don't receive a PM from a team.

From this round forward, battles can be done during the tier change deadline. However, if a member of your team battles before you send in a tier change, the change will not go into effect. Keep in mind that all of the teams tiers have be reset to what was agreed upon in the registration thread. All changes will need to be reported, even if they were used in the previous round.

The tiers will remain the same for the entire tournament. That means that all UU suspects are allowed and the only OU suspect that is allowed is Latias.

Rules:
  • Evasion Clause
  • Freeze Clause
  • OHKO Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Self-KO Clause
  • Timed Battle
  • Teams are only allowed to have one substitute the entire tournament.
  • Both players must confirm the result and/or a log will need to be produced.
Matchups:

Team Allegro Forte Fellatio (2) vs Team Deutsch-luxembergische Elite (1)
UU - Eo Ut Mortus vs Bizzey
OU - Earthworm vs Binabik
Ubers - jrrrrrrr vs _Flygon_

Team Allegro Forte Fellatio, 6-0, has proven to be a major force in this tournament. Eo Ut Mortus and Earthworm, both one of the best in their respective tiers, have carried the team through every round so far. Gay Dolphin has not played a single game the entire tournament due to his team's dominance. That may be about to change. Team Deutsch-luxembergische Elite, 6-2, may have the lowest winning percentage out of all the semi-finalists; however, their diversity in tiers makes them an unpredictable team. Will it be the two undefeated teams or two German teams in the finals?

Team Ganna Win (2) vs Team The Real German Elite (1)
UU - LonelyNess vs sasu
OU - TAY vs DarkLucario
Uber - JabbaTheGriffin vs PurpleWeezing

Team Ganna Win, 6-0, is in the same boat as Team Allegro Forte Fallatio. They have muscled their way through every round without JabbaTheGriffin needing to battle. Will he come up big for the team in the clutch or will LonelyNess and TAY steamroll through another team? Team The Real German Elite, 6-1, should not be counted out. They are another diverse German team with a lot of potential. Will they be able to halt Team Ganna Win or are they destined to win the entire tournament?

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
West side is gonna take it easy. I'm glad you didn't put the two best teams against in each other in the semis!!

locopoke

Banned deucer.
Team Ganna Win (0) vs Team The Real German Elite (0)
UU - LonelyNess vs sasu

OU - TAY vs DarkLucario

Team Allegro Forte Fellatio (0) vs Team Deutsch-luxembergische Elite (0)

OU - Earthworm vs _Flygon_
Ubers - Gay Dolphin vs Binabik

I'm glad you didn't put the two best teams against in each other in the semis!!
Yea, it would be horrific to have a German - German final on an American site......
well, gl guys, Jabba will have to play sadly =/

ps: i begin to like my underdog role ^_^

Eo Ut Mortus

Elodin Smells
is a Programmeris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Won 1 - 0 vs Bizzey... He really turned it around at the end with some outstanding predictions, but unfortunately misplayed the final turn.

oh well im absolutly an idiot
in the entire game i made some mistakes, why I fast was 3-5. Then I made still some mistakes, but 2 great predictions nearly gave me the win. But at the end I owned myself, by speeding out myself at moving, so I lost against the "dead" crobat..

Very great game Eo Ut Mortus.

Ubers - Gay Donphin vs Binabik

UU - LonelyNess vs sasu
OU - TAY vs DarkLucario

GL guys :]

Ubers - Gay Donphin vs Binabik

UU -LonelyNess vs sasu
OU - TAY vs DarkLucario

good luck to all <3

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Great, now not only do I have to finally make an ubers team, I have to make sure I don't get screwed over by metagaming opponents like my teammate just did.

darn. lots of battles have already been completed =/
I'll just predict the remaining:

Ubers - jrr vs _Flygon_

OU - TAY vs DarkLucario

TAY

You and I Know
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
DarkLucario and I have exchanged PMs. We are trying to set up a match but time zones and my recent schedule are not being friendly.

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
contacted _Flygon_ but like TAY, I am having conflicting time zone issues. I'll try as hard as I can to get this done, though!

TAY

You and I Know
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Lost three to crits and didn't have a great team matchup to begin with. DarkLucario played well and that sealed the deal.

GG, DarkLucario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)