1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Team Trials - Round 3

Discussion in 'Tournaments' started by moi, Sep 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moi

moi

Standard Rules Apply
    Sleep Clause
    Freeze Clause
    OHKO Clause
    Evasion Clause
    Species Clause
    Tie Move Clause
    Battle Timeout
    Smogon Server for use, please. If the server happens to be down, however, you may use any other server.

ARCEUS WILL BE BANNED IN UBERS

THE OLD TIER LIST WILL STILL BE IN PLACE FOR THIS ROUND IN TERMS OF UU. THE OU WILL NOT HAVE THE CHANGES OF THE SUSPECT VOTES IN PLACE AS OF THIS TIME.

To Advance, your team must win 2 of the 3 matches. The third match is not required if your team has already lost, but can be done out of respect or for fun.

I’ve noticed that people have some that are dropping out, please PM me and the team members if interested in the spots. You must not have participated in the tournament thus far.

Coin Flip and Activity based decisions to decide who advances. Please, don't argue these decisions. We've all seen what has happened, and I am personally very disappointed that these matches aren't getting done as quickly.

LOGS CAN BE SENT TO ME IN TIMES OF DISPUTE

(no team name)
    vs. Team Blue Team
    UU – Gaborik vs. tennisace0227
    OU – Fishin vs. Magmortified
    Ubers – Master of the Six Kings vs. Bass

Don’t Bash Us, Please vs. Team Baris
    UU – CaptKirby vs. Veteran in Love
    OU – Warthog vs. Baris
    Ubers – Fabbles vs. Astatimatos

Homeless Pokemon Players vs. Team Legendary
    UU – JabbaTheGriffin vs. Blue Kirby
    OU – imperfectluck vs. Jackal
    Ubers – IggyBot vs. husk

Pouwer Boys vs. Team SUNFMA
    UU – Earthworm vs. LonelyNess
    OU – Gouki vs. Taylor
    Ubers – Maniaclyrasist vs. umbarsc

WE ARE GOING TO DO THIS QUICKLY PEOPLE. THE DEADLINE IS SEPTEMBER 20th
  2. JabbaTheGriffin

JabbaTheGriffin Stormblessed
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

damnit moi it's "Homeless Pokemon Players"
  3. Taylor

Taylor stardust infinite
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I'm extremely dissapointed at how both Pat and Umbarsc were not able to get their match done, and more so because you have decided to leave it all down to a coin flip. That is fucking annoying.
  4. moi

moi

I gave them the most extreme amount of time ever. They had almost a full month. The second round opened on August 14th. I was not waiting any more for them to get it done.
  5. gorm

gorm
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

pouwer boys 2 win it al
  6. Kevin Garrett

Kevin Garrett is a competitor
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a SPL Winner

(no team name) vs. Team Blue Team

Don’t Bash Us, Please vs. Team Baris - I don't know. xD
    OU – Warthog vs. Baris
    Ubers – Fabbles vs. _Void_

Ubers – IggyBot vs. husk - Sorry Iggy, but he was beast against Pride. :(

Pouwer Boys vs. Team Rhymes with Orage
    UU – Earthworm vs. Venom
    OU – Gouki vs. matty
    Ubers – Maniaclyrasist vs. Pat

Homeless Pokemon Players and Pouwer Boys for the final round.
  7. Magmortified

Magmortified <b>CAP 8 Playtesting Expert</b>
    is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Hokay, like the ruling on the UU tier last round, I'm assuming Chomp remains in OU for the tourney, correct?

Meanwhile, I've got a good chance of getting my ass handed to me, and since tennis is mehish at UU... D:
  8. moi

moi

uhh, yeah
  9. umbarsc

umbarsc

We really couldn't set up a time frame, Pat really hasn't been active like at all, whereas I was on nearly everyday. (he also didn't respond to 2 of my PMs which was really annoying)
  10. LonelyNess

LonelyNess PK FLASH
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I'd also like to jump on and say that this is complete crap.

I am on Shoddy almost 5~6 hours a day, and during that time I see Umbarsc on about half as much.

However, I never once saw Pat on... not even ONCE. And that was in an entire month of playing on Shoddy.

This wasn't a case of both sides equally trying to get their matches done, this was a case of one side (umbarsc) fruitlessly trying to get a match done while Pat "kinda sorta" made an attempt.

This is so unbelievably ridiculous that it came down to a coin flip when there was an obviously more active side that it makes my blood boil.
  11. Cynthia

Cynthia

I'm going to side with LonelyNess and Taylor here. I saw umbarsc on quite a bit on Shoddy (under umb), and rarely saw Pat at all. I'm not trying to play favorites, but one player was a lot more active than the other.
  12. matty

matty I did stuff along time ago
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

TBH, it doesn't matter all that much that we move on. Now Venom and Pat probably have different opinions so you should ask them. But in all honesty, I never saw Pat on but I did see Umb on a few times. Don't know if this will change anything, I just don't want hurt feelings here, it is suppose to be a fun tournament.
  13. Fabbles

Fabbles LN_Slayer
    is a Contributor Alumnus

Looks like a fun round, I will contact _Void_ this weekend.

(no team name)
    vs. Team Blue Team

Don’t Bash Us, Please
    vs. Team Baris
    OU – Warthog vs. Baris
    Ubers – Fabbles vs. _Void_ - Good Luck!

OU – imperfectluck vs. Jackal - Jackal can't lose three times in the same tournament, right?
    Ubers – IggyBot vs. husk

Pouwer Boys vs. Team Rhymes with Orange
    UU – Earthworm vs. Venom
    OU – Gouki vs. matty
  14. umbarsc

umbarsc

LonelyNess said I should post my inbox/sent box to show that I've been more active than Pat.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  15. Jackal

Jackal I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

(no team name) vs. Team Blue Team

something like that

Don’t Bash Us, Please vs. Team Baris
    OU – Warthog vs. Baris
    Ubers – Fabbles vs. _Void_

captkirbys team loses by default but warthog is awesome

Ubers – IggyBot vs. husk

i lose while my partners win no big deal

Pouwer Boys vs. Team Rhymes with Orage
    UU – Earthworm vs. Venom
    OU – Gouki vs. matty

they will win thinking their e-penis is so big. Well i mean i hope they win so we can beat them in the finals

pouwer boys are going doGOUKI SUCKSwn bigtime
  16. Venom

Venom red eyes no visine
    is a Team Rater Alumnus

Does this really matter though, it was 1 - 1, the last match wasn't gonna decide anything, maybe Pat was gonna win...? You should know that the coin flip thing always happens, so I don't understand how this is "bullshit".

If you really want the to move on so bad then let it be, we don't take this shit seriously
  17. CaptKirby

CaptKirby

If you are picking me to win underused, then you are insane because I stopped caring when they sent the tier list to HELL.

I actually forgot I was in any tournaments and checked this board on a whim to make sure I had not forgotten anything haha good timing!
  18. moi

moi

okay, after looking this event over, I've come to a conclusion. Team SUNFMA will advance. When my original update was made before I had to leave for a trip, Pat was on at the time, the 6th. However, in light of what has happened now, that is the last time Pat has been on. For the sake of finishing this off, umbarsc will advance.

However, I myself am very disappointed in both myself and the others involved. It seems obvious that I should have rechecked this information before posting this tournament, and I am sorry for not doing this. However, there are other things I want to touch upon. As you can see, Pat was the first one that made the initiative to send a reply to umbarsc. Notice the date on that. Almost a full two weeks after the initial topic. Obviously, I wish for this to be completed faster.

Another thing is the attitude that people had towards the result. I understand coin flipping will always do this, and that where one result comes to affect 4 others, it will be amplified. But please, have more respect towards one another. I'd like to thank those that stayed level headed during this.
  19. Taylor

Taylor stardust infinite
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Well I'm glad that this issue has been resolved. And I do apologize for my unacceptable reaction to the result you had to make.
  20. Blue Kirby

Blue Kirby Never back down.
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL + WCoP Winner

I'm pretty honestly appalled at what went on here. And no, I'm not talking about moi's decision either way. A simple friendly PM would have sufficed instead of shitting up this thread with "this is ridiculous blah blah" and posting screenshots. Who's running the tournament here?

At any rate, here's to a more peaceful tournament. Good luck to everyone still remaining.
  21. Venom

Venom red eyes no visine
    is a Team Rater Alumnus

Well whatever, this is just fucking retarded, but ok

good luck
  22. Cynthia

Cynthia

This tourney is still using the old tier list, so no Weezing/Aerodactyl/Venasaur etc.
  23. Taylor

Taylor stardust infinite

I cheated to win 3-0.
  24. Warthog

Warthog
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

oh shit I get to play Baris, this might be fun.

gl to Fabbles and CK.. even if he forgot he was in this.. lol.. we still love you man.
  25. Earthworm

Earthworm
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL + WCoP Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 6 Champion

Lost to LonelyNess.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)