Team Turd burger

Sandstorm, as standard as it gets. In the past I have usually used pokemon which I deemed to be underrated and try to surprise my opposition with unique sets. Occasionally it has worked out for me, but spent a lot of time at the bottom of the ladder trying to invent new interesting teams and sets, but fuck that, I made a typical sandstorm team which rocketed up in no time although hitting a plateau of around 1355 points… So, here it is…
Oh and I build the team around the usage statistics of the last three months of 2011, picking pokemon carefully to check the top 20 most used pokemon in OU, and will be using that as sort of a threat list.

Team Turd burger

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature (+SpD, -SpA)

- Crunch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

- Stone Edge

Ok the EV’s are a bit inventive so could need some help sorting these out defensively; but a hasty nature and 208 speed EV’s allows me to outspeed common gliscors and OHKO with fire blast (FUCK YOU NOOBS RUNNING SCARF SCIZOR THOUGH… RAGE). But yeah, this beasty boy is the buns to my turdburger, the sandstorm creator. The great thing about tyranitar is it is so versatile, and this one can bluff quite a few sets, it can OHKO opposing specially defensive ttars with superpower, bluffing a choice scarfed set… opponent brings in scizor and BOOM HEADSHOT! Buggy goes down. Crunch and stone edge are of course mandatory STAB moves which are still powerful without EV investment in attack. Considerations: Pursuit over crunch, due to the speed investment it is slightly less bulky and is limited to how many draco meteors it can take from latios, I need to trap that bitch. Currently testing new set for physical offensive pressure while sponging more special attacks, namely to counter the troublesome trick room reuniclus, it also helps with gengar.

Celebi@leftovers
Natural cure, modest nature
252spa/200spe/56hp
-nasty plot
-giga drain
-hidden power [fire]
-psychic

MVP. What would I do without this little onion. It has a very important niche on my team in combating rain, and taking hits from terrakkion, rotom-w and the likes. This beasty boy really is the onion in my turdburger. Guess what? EV’s and set is STANDARD, although some like to run earth power over psychic but I have lots of ways I can deal with heatran and after a nasty plot it is a seriously powerful STAB move if giga drain just can’t cut it. Breloom in the rain can be troublesome for my team and psychic can OHKO whereas hidden power fire just isn’t powerful enough. I love catching pokemon on the switch with a psychic too, it does surprising amounts of damage. I don’t run recovery on this set since it has giga drain which does the job nicely. Celebi having access to natural cure is such a blessing too, since a lot of my pokemon are crippled by will-o-wisp, it’s a nice status absorber. Considerations: a slightly bulkier celebi, possibly a calm mind version purely because it serves such an important role I seem to rely on it a lot and sponges a lot of hits.

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature (+SpA, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power Ice

The Second component to the infamous celetran core, the relish of my turdburger. Oh look, it’s a STANDARD heatran, plays a valuable role of giving my team some important resistances to lean back on, it’s a great teammate to celebi, sets up rocks so without it I’d have to run rocks on tyranitar which I don’t want to do. Since heatran is a component in my celetran core it can set up rocks easily after sponging an attack on the switch. Stealth rock can be extremely important when facing threats such as dragonite and volcarona but I don’t see the need for a spinblocker, I can usually play around it and just destroy the spinner. Since I USED to run stealth rock on tyranitar this spot used to belong to a resttalk set, it got a couple of ragequits and some funny responses, most people just said “wow”. Not sure if it was sarcastic but who gives a rats arse, it was a bit too gimmicky though and only works in very few situations. Considerations: Metal sound over protect, could be fun… NO, BETTER KEEP IT STANDARD. New set thanks to New World Order, offensive for opposing heatran and a second option for DD dragons, volcarona already checked by terrakkion so spdef heatran more redundant

Rotom-W@leftovers
Modest nature, Levitate
144hp/252spa/112spe
-Will-o-wisp
-Hydro pump
-Thunderbolt
-Pain split

Whats a STANDARD team without old Rotom-w eh? This guy… is the mayonnaise in my turdburger… fucking homemade mayonnaise… Yeah. There really isn’t much to say here, everybody knows what this guy does, I chose a will-o-wisping version over volt-switching version due to the offensive nature of teams these days, volt switching onto something like celebi usually gets predicted and gets an X-scissor in the face. BOOM HEADSHOT. Yeah, anyway its pretty common so I’m just gonna go straight to my considerations: Hidden power ice/volt switch or something over pain split, I don’t really get to use it much. I’m not running the most bulky rotom-w in the world because I prefer it to have a little more offensive prescence, if I get the chance to use pain split it can be OHKO’d next turn, so I’ll leave that slot up to you guys.

Landorus@life orb
Sand force, naïve nature
252spe/252atk/4hp
-Earthquake
-Stone edge/Smack down
-Hidden power [Ice]
-rock polish

DAMN I LOVE THIS THING. IT’S THE CHEESE TO MY TURDBURGER. The tastiest member of my team… The tastiest cunt nugget You’ll ever see! Anyway enough of that. Sand force + life orb = Extreme power, hmm what else is needed… speed, slap on rock polish, hmm, walled by gliscor, slap on hidden power ice and BOOM. This thing is awesome at clearing up mid-late game in conjunction with Terrakkion. It’s power surprises me, but when I think about it, Stab=1.5 sand force=1.3 life orb=1.3 totalling up to 2.1 I believe. After one rock polish it outspeeds (I think) every common scarfed pokemon in the OU metagame, so if it gets a rock polish up you will have a look in your eye like you haven’t been fucked in a year, and, it of course loves the stealth rock damage to ensure those essential OHKO’s. Considerations: None, I have tested out scarfed landorus in its place but this gets basically twice as many kills. As suggested from Delko, a smack down set would support my team nicely, so is currently being tested :)

Terrakkion@ Choice scarf
Justified, Jolly nature
252spe/252atk/4hp
-Close combat
-Stone edge
-X-scissor
-Earthquake

Finally, my revenge killer, it can kill so much in the current metagame it’s not even funny. It’s the shit in my turdburger, it crosses off most of the names on my threatlist due to its sheer power and amazing coverage. I chose scarf over banded because every team needs a scarfed revengekiller, and IMO life orb landorus was just too good to give the sack, so I slapped it on this bum pirate and never looked back. I’ve tried Band, and also sub sword dance terrakkion in its place but this seemed to fit better in my team. (I also like predicting and coming in on dark type moves for a pleasant boost for attack, some people tend to forget about its ability, it’s not the worst in the world)​

There you have it. If you dislike any of my toppings or toppings qualities please refrain from Trolling and using curse words, people who use curse words are cuntwagons. But feel free to post any suggestions , I know, its not perfect… it could do with some bacon. Thats where you come in :)

Threatlist

Three-month usage for Standard OU
+ ---- + --------------- + ------- +
| Rank | Pokemon | Percent |
+ ---- + --------------- + ------- +
| 1 | Scizor | 30.205% |-ttar/celebi/heatran fire attacks,rotom wow
| 2 | Dragonite | 24.096% |Tran roar/land HP ice/Ter st ed/rocks.
| 3 | Rotom-W | 22.751% |Terrak/Celebi
| 4 | Tyranitar | 19.520% |Terrak/celebi/land/rotom
| 5 | Ferrothorn | 18.509% |land/terrak/ttar/celebi
| 6 | Heatran | 18.153% |ttar/terrak/land/rotom
| 7 | Politoed | 17.052% |celebi/rotom
| 8 | Terrakion | 14.873% |terrak/land/celebi
| 9 | Jirachi | 13.757% |tran/land/
| 10 | Latios | 13.534% |ttar/revenge with terrakkion
| 11 | Gliscor | 13.200% |Rotom-w/landorus
| 12 | Landorus | 12.511% |rotom-w/celebi sort of.
| 13 | Skarmory | 11.298% |rotom/celebi/heatran/ttar
| 14 | Starmie | 11.186% |Celebi/rotom-w
| 15 | Celebi | 10.076% |tran/ttar
| 16 | Tentacruel | 9.993% |landorus/celebi
| 17 | Gengar | 9.888% |Stone edge land/terrak
| 18 | Haxorus | 9.158% |heatroar/terrakrevenge/WoW
| 19 | Volcarona | 8.680% |rocks/terrak/land/tran
| 20 | Gyarados | 8.319% |rotom/terrak/ttar/land/celebi
| 21 | Forretress | 8.198% |celebi/ttar
| 22 | Reuniclus | 8.188% |ttar, TR versions pain.
| 23 | Infernape | 7.877% |Choice scarf versions pain
| 24 | Lucario | 7.779% |land/celebi/Terr if no bullet punch
| 25 | Magnezone | 7.741% |land/terrak/tran/ttar/celebi
| 26 | Ninetales | 7.685% |ttar/land/terrak/tran/rotom
| 27 | Breloom | 6.962% |celebi/tran
| 28 | Salamence | 6.613% |terrak/land
| 29 | Conkeldurr | 6.415% |land/celebi
| 30 | Espeon | 6.213% |Frail as shit... STAB moves.
| 31 | Jellicent | 6.182% |celebi
| 32 | Gastrodon | 5.922% |celebi
| 33 | Blissey | 5.466% |terrak/land
| 34 | Latias | 5.303% |ttar, variants carrying reflect can be troublesome
| 35 | Vaporeon | 5.224% |celebi, free nasty plot :)
| 36 | Cloyster | 5.210% |rocks/rotom/heatroar -> terrak.
| 37 | Hydreigon | 4.879% |terrak
| 38 | Venusaur | 4.615% |Not a problem if sun is kept down, but if up, heatran or landorus EQ/terrak EQ
| 39 | Deoxys-S | 4.394% |LOLZBANNED.
| 40 | Metagross | 4.387% |lol who uses this.
| 41 | Tornadus | 4.034% |ttar, terrak revenge
| 42 | Virizion | 4.030% |celebi
| 43 | Toxicroak | 4.000% |celebi/land/terrak
| 44 | Scrafty | 3.949% |terrak
| 45 | Donphan | 3.801% |celebi/rotom etc
| 46 | Mienshao | 3.800% |More people should use this. Usually revengekill
| 47 | Dugtrio | 3.751% |Gets rid of sand :(. most can KO though no problem
| 48 | Mamoswine | 3.638% |rotom/terrak
| 49 | Chansey | 3.606% |terrak still takes a 2HKO, dat thing is bulky.
| 50 | Jolteon | 3.571% |Terrak/ttar/tran
| 51 | Alakazam | 3.451% |ttar/revenge with terrak

Summary: choice scarfed infernape can be a pain in the arse, ttar gets CC or U-turned, rotom gets hurt by CC, Terrak gets CC, celebi gets flare blitzed, Tran gets CC'd, landorus is the only one with a chance but no chanxe if worn down.

Trick room reuniclus is a problem, but to what team is it not a problem? luckily its difficult to build a team around it so I can usually get passed it, but it shits on my face.

Dislike tentacruel, another reason for psychic on celebi.

Gliscor messes with my main attackers, its good i have HP ice on landorus.

Special mention goes to noobs using scarf scizor -.-
Special mention goes to those teams copying Team:Rain man, is difficult to cope with but can manage if i can predict well.
late game azumarill rising in usage a bit... -_-

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi, nice team. First things first, Specially Defensive Heatran is rather redundant on this team. Terrakion handles Volcarona just fine. Tyranitar does the same for Latias and Latios. Opposing Landorus, however, can give you serious issues if they set-up. Because of this, you should swap Heatran for an Air Balloon variant. Now, this may not be a sure-fire way to take out Landorus, but its better than getting 6-0d. Air Balloon also helps you against those random Chlorophyll sweepers that carry Ground moves. Earth Power to hit opposing Heatran, Hidden Power Ice to drop Landorus and also gives you a way to beat DD Dragons should Terrakion go down. Your current EVs btw add up to 608, but it wont matter if you change the set entirely lol.

Now, I think you meant to say Ice Beam on Tyranitar, since Fire Blast does not OHKO Gliscor. In any case, your team has no issues against Gliscor, as you have Rotom-W to check it, and Landorus can blast through with HP Ice. You do, however, have trouble against Reuniclus, which you've already identified. A quick way to fix this up is to change Tyranitar to a Chople variant. That way, Trick Room Reuniclus will no longer be able to sweep your team. TR Reuniclus will have to take a turn to set up, during which you can Attack it and put it into KO range for Tyranitar, every one of your Pokemon are powerful enough to do this. Then bring in Ttar on anything but Focus Blast, tank the Focus Blast with Chople Berry, and KO with Crunch. Tyranitar also functions in a similar manner when dealing with Gengar. Go with a Specially Defensive set though, you want to take that Focus Blast as well as possible. Using Tyranitar to lure Scizor is a terrible idea, since the thing can Bullet Punch you. Go with Pursuit over Fire Blast to play mindgames with the Latii twins.

GL
Air Balloon Heatran>Specially Defensive Heatran
pros: more power, Ground immunity, check Landorus, back up check to DD Dragons
cons: none, you've got Volcarona, Latias, and Latios covered already by Terrakion and Tyranitar

Pursuit>Fire Blast+Chople Berry>Leftovers+new EV spread on Tyranitar
pros: helps check Reuniclus and Gengar, better for tanking Special Attacks, can play mindgames with Latias/ Latios
cons: no longer mixed

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature (+SpA, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power Ice

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature (+SpD, -SpA)
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge

Hi,

Pretty standard team, but solid nonetheless. I don't have much, but these are my 2 cents;

The only suggestion I can make is to use Scizor instead of Heatran. Scizor completes the Rotom-W and Landorus core you have going here. Scizor is also able to revenge kill the likes of Double Dance Terrakion, CM/ TR Reuniclus and DD Dragonite that can pose a threat to your team. The Standard yet effective Choice Band set will suffice. Terrakion covers Sun teams and Volcarona well enough anyway so you won't use lose much in that regard and you can give Tyranitar Stealth Rock to fix that problem as well. The only real downside of this change is that you'll lose your phazer.

Another idea is to use a Smack Down Landorus set instead of the one you are using now. It lures in Skarmory, Bronzong etc. Luring these pokes out and killing them makes it easier for you own Terrakion to perform a late-game sweep. Alternatively you could use U-turn over Rock Polish to have a nice Volt-Turn chain going on. Expert Belt is a good option for an item here as it lets you fake a Choice Item, while with its good move coverage it still gets a boost most of the time.

Since you are relying on Celebi to take strong Fighting-type moves and the combat the Bulky Waters teams like these tend to struggle against, I would advise using Recover on Celebi to increase it longevity.

Hope these suggestions helped and good luck with the team.

@New World Order, thank you very much for the rate, there's some great advice that i'll take on board, especially the tyranitar set to deal with reuniclus and gengar, I know about scizor using bullet punch on me so fire blast is a bad idea but they usually go with u-turn to keep momentum, it's fun nailing them with fire blast but, I think you're right and would gain more benefit from a specially defensive physical version. Thank you for helping the heatran too i'll definitely swap that over, much appreciated (I was going to request you to rate this team i've seen a few of your rates before).

@Delko: Smack down landorus! don't see why i didn't think of that lol, i might test it out with rock polish over u-turn as well, just because i'm stubborn and love landy rock polish. Ah scizor, i'm sorry, but i've faced many teams almost identical to this one with scizor in the place of heatran and i've seemed to beat most of them (of course it depends on the player but...) i'm gonna stick with heatran, or at least once i've tested New World Order's suggestion. Recover on celebi is interesting, although i would lose out on much needed coverage, and without psycic tentacruel really is a pain in the arse to deal with on a rain stall team, giga drain is sometimes enough. Thank you very much for the rate, much appreciated.

Hey

Solid team man, It's really similar to a team I retired awhile back towards the beginning of winter. It has a great potential, I have seen many users peak #1 with this team which is a big accomplishment. I totally agree with Delko to replace Heatran for Choice Band Scizor. At the moment your team is massively weak to Reuniclus, Trick Room or Calm Mind Variants are the biggest threats. While Scizor alloNws you to handle it very efficiently. Choice Band-boosted Bullet Punch is incredibly powerful even with no setup, and allows Scizor to revenge kill dangerous threats such as Salamence locked into Outrage, Choice Scarf Hydreigon, and Double Booster Terrakion. The other two moves on this set, Superpower and Pursuit, give Scizor some added utility. Superpower does huge damage to Scizor's main counters, OHKOing Heatran, and Magnezone. Pursuit allows Scizor to KO or do huge damage to fleeing Psychic-types, such as Reuniclus, Starmie, and Slowbro; it also checkmates Choice Specs Latios locked into Draco Meteor. It also completes your solid Volt-turn synergy with Landorus and Rotom-W which is really successful in Sand Stream. A spread of 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe with Adamant nature @ Bullet Punch, U-turn, Superpower and Pursuit would be ideal as it utilizes Choice Band effectively.

Terrakion would really appreciate Choice Band instead of Scarf. It's sheer power would be really beneficial for your team as I have seen it work effectively in the past. Terrakion eliminates Tyranitar, Heatran which give Celebi hard time sweeping efficiently. It can easily grab a boost from the potential Crunch and rip apart opposing team with predictions. Terrakion 2HKOs Skarmory so nothing will be there to wall Landorus. With its special defense boosted in Sand Stream it can safely switch into incoming Fire Blast from Heatran hoping for no burn. A spread with 252 Atk / 252 Sp / 4 SDef with Jolly Nature @ Close Combat, X-Scissors, Stone Edge and Earthquake fits in perfectly.

Since CB Terrakion will be in action you can now focus on picking a revenge killer. Choice Scarf Landorus seems like an ideal candidate for this job. Its amazing resistances gives him an upper hand over other mons. By avoiding Spikes and Toxic Spikes switching in would be much simpler. It can also bluff a Choice Item and potentially cause confusion for your opponent. 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def with Naive Nature @ Hidden Power Ice, Earthquake, Stone Edge And U-turn should be given to Landorus. Now you can make your Tyranitar Standard with Stealth Rock support and Chople Berry to stand a chance against opposing Gengar. Everything now looks up-to-date, Good Luck!

@Mostwanted: Thanks for the rate, I did expect that people would suggest scizor for my team, it is pretty standard after all. All your points are valid, although I have tested scarf landorus and banded terrakkion, it seems that a lot of people use those sets and it becomes very predictable. Your suggestions change the nature of my team to a volt switching u-turning combination team which i was trying to avoid, i always seem to play them badly lol so the current sets for those two suit my playstyle more. I will be trying scizor out, i'm sure it would boost this team a bit higher in the ladder. Thanks again, I will test some of your suggestions once i've played a little more and reached a higher peak.

Hey there.

First off, change Celebi's EV Spread to 56 HP / 252 SAtk / 200 Speed. Your Celebi is too slow at the moment, but this spread will let it outspeed many more Pokemon, including Mamoswine, Lucario, Dragonite, and all standard Nasty Plot Celebis.

This team would also really benefit from a rapid spinner. Entry hazards. can wear down your team quite easily, especially with sandstorm. Pokemon such as Volcarona can come in later on in the game when your team is beaten up and sweep you. Rotom-W doesn't really serve much of a purpose on this team, especially since Celebi can take on rain teams, so I suggest that you replace it with a Rapid Spin Forretress. Forretress would also provide your team with Spikes and Toxic Spikes ,allowing you to wear down the opponent much more easily and sweep later on.

Forretress @Leftovers
Bold nature
252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SDef
-Rapid Spin
-Spikes
-Toxic Spikes
-Volt Switch

Volt Switch can provide momentum for your team, and is very useful when the opponent sends in spinblockers such as Jellicent.

Nice team. Hope I helped, and good luck!

Hmm thats interesting, I'll try out swapping the EV's over on celebi but it won't be able to tank as many hits, outspeeding dragonite could be useful though. You say rotom-w doesn't do much for my team, but without it i have trouble getting rid of gliscor, they can usually predict when a HP ice is coming their way from landorus and that would then be my only option. I'd love the extra hazard support though, i'll try and work something out.

Thanks for the rate!

I think you should replace Rock polish with substitute because that would help you more against walls. Rock polish wouldn't necessarily have to mean a sweep because of many walls present in today's metagame. A substitute would provide protection and a sure hit against scarfers. You could use landorus in the mid-game and late-game perfectly because then many walls would be hurt and you behind the sub would often mean victory.

I was really surprised and pleased to see that you actually enjoy using this team instead of opting for Scarf land / Sub SD Terrakion like everyone else using this team. Here's what I would do if I was running the new version of this standard team.

It seems like Celebi is playing a support role in your team- therefore a support set would be fitting. A set of Leaf Storm / Hidden Power Fire / U-Turn / Recover gives it staying power and enough power to blast through Water-types and Terrakion as long as it isn't banded X-Scissor, which will give you set up time anyway. 16 speed EVs let it outspeed Modest Politoed and U-Turn out after a support Mew uses Will-o-wisp letting you pivot to something else.

Next, Tyranitar really isn't doing anything with a defensive 4 attack set. Run a set with Stealth Rock somewhere if you like it in a defensive role, replace Crunch because there are really no targets for it that you wouldn't just Pursuit or use a different move on. Stone Edge lets you hit Dragons and Volcarona much harder.

I would run 248 HP EVs on Rotom-W so it can act as a back up check to Scarftoed without getting 2HKOed and a Chesto Berry to really make the opponent's life annoying- they will see that, Terrakion, AND Landorus all as possible scarfers for your team, opening up mind games. I'm not sure what your speed EVs are beating out but I'll leave them as they are. I would put Volt Switch over Thunderbolt, I hate Volt Switch Rotom-W more than anything but you know have the power to blast bulky waters with Celebi and Rotom-W's volt switch leads into set-up chances for Landorus and the next pokemon I'm going to recommend-

Specially bulky Swords Dance Scizor seems cool in Heatran's spot. Heatran didn't seem to fill a special defensive role and Scizor helps out against Dragons too. It also gives you an actual counter to Gengar and a fair check to Grass types like Celebi and Virizion- if they HP Fire or Focus Blast to wear you down they're worn down enough for Landorus to chow down later. This also prevents you from having to switch out of Tran's annoying weaknesses early game- you have 4 weaknesses to Water and Ground with it there and not the easiest time coming in on those moves. SD Scizor is a decent scout for walls like specially defensive Gliscor that might catch you off guard if you try to straight-up sweep with Landorus, wears down your counters, and keeps away pokemon you can't switch into early game.

Good luck and here's an importable-

Tyranitar (M) @ Chople Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 240 HP / 248 SAtk / 20 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- U-turn
- Recover

Scizor (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 232 HP / 96 Atk / 180 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Rotom-W @ Chesto Berry
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 148 SAtk / 112 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Rest

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sand Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Smack Down

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
- Earthquake

Edit- Found smack down a better fit on Landorus to weaken Skarm and didn't ever need Stone Edge. Also adjusted Celebi's speed to compensate for HP Fire.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)