Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Weavile

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Liepard

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

Physical Tyranitar

formerly Marquis of Blaze
Hello; my name is Physical Tyranitar on Showdown. I used to be named Bounceviper123, but I was frequently muted and despite efforts to behave, I was still getting into trouble and I was once even locked by Haunter. One day, deciding that there was just too much history between me and the moderators, so I decided to adapt an alter-ego by changing my username and my color, to the moral opposite of Bounce, Physical Tyranitar. I have always dreamed of owning a custom avatar, so I have been contributing to Smogon University as much as I can so maybe one day the demographic would see that I truly wanted one. Anyway, without further ado, this is my Dark Monotype Team.

Man: What is this warehouse doing in Town Square? So much acres wasted!
Woman: That isn't abandoned.
Man: It isn't?
Woman: Actually, no. You do know that ORAS has changed the metagame, right? Well, in that warehouse trains Team Tyranitar, a Dark monotype Club. They seem very mysterious.
Man: Well, taking a little peek inside wouldn't hurt so bad, wouldn't it?
*The two adults slide through a crevice through the backdoor, and see an amazement. There lays a gym, where Dark type pokemon are secretly training. A black-colored Greninja hurls a flurry of Gunk Shots at archery boards and uses her Mat Block to smash a training dummy. A Krookodile unleashes a full-power Superpower and blows up a boulder. Finally, a Tyranitar wrapped in a vest belts out all three of the elemental punches at a statue of a Mega Lopunny and finishes up with a fierce Aqua Tail to secure a win. Then, the duo sees a man, dressed in a green outfit and a Tyranitar-shaped helmet sits on a throne. The man spots the duo.*
?: I see you have arrived. Do sit down. You must see my loyal pets to amaze your souls.
*The man and the woman sit down, bewildered, as they gaze at the unidentified man, who closely resembles a Tyranitar.*
?: You will first see my lead, a large Spiritomb which I got from the Sinnoh Champion Cynthia.

Trapped Virgins (Spiritomb) (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Infiltrator
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dark Pulse
This ResTalk staller was formerly owned by Cynthia, the Champion of Sinnoh. This Spiritomb was composed of many spirits and had a severe case of Bipolar Disorder. Blinded in a Red fury of rage, it attacked and mortally wounded its owner, leading to Cynthia retiring and her eventual death. Pursued by authorities, the poor Pokemon was destitute and stuck on the streets, looking for an owner. As pedestrians walked by, they looked deep into its evil and tortured eyes, and rebuked it. Depressed and hopeless, Spiritomb plunged into a shame spiral just when coincidentally, a younger me walked by, who traveled to Sinnoh to beat Tower Tycoon Palmer. I stopped by, hesitant, and I saw the wondrous beauty hidden in the catacombs of its eyes, and adopted it. We became fast friends, and we worked through his mental illness and found him a cure. I am happy to announce that Trapped Virgins is a proud member of my team! It was put on my team because the uncommon encounter with Monotype Fighting I was destroyed. Another problem was that I needed a staller who could last. So I used one of my best friends here to comply. It is my best staller, and is a ResTalker. Rest and Sleep Talk are there for obvious reasons, and surprisingly, with Base 92 Special Attack and 4 EVs Special Attack, and STAB, Dark Pulse can go a long way. I formerly initiated tutoring lessons with Trapped Virgins to learn how to cast a Shadow Ball instead of Hidden Power Fire but Ghost and Dark typing combinations has costed me many matches. HP Fire will hit Ferrothorn for 3HKO approximately, Forretress, Skarmory, and Leavanny. When the morale has gone down and Support quality runs low, Trapped Virgins always has my back to save the day!

Man: That Spiritomb really is strong, compared to my Watchog and Ledian.
Woman: Yeah, but who are you?
?:........moving on, next, you will see my loyal three-headed hydra packing a mean Special moveset, a Hydreigon which I caught from Team Plasma Leader Ghetsis after Trainer Black defeated him and all of his Pokemon were scattered.

upload_2015-3-28_18-54-33.png

High Dragon (Hydreigon) (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 230 HP / 252 SpA / 26 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon
She was emotionally torn apart by her trainer's gruesome and very deserving suicide, so she did what he thought was revenge by causing havoc in Opelucid city in Unova. I was battling Gym Leader Drayden as a fatal Fire Blast blew up the gym and caused twenty innocent deaths. Drayden and his Pokemon were killed under the debris, but luckily Trapped Virgins showed his gratitude for me by channeling his vast Psychic Prowess into saving him and I! I saw the High Dragon flailing its three heads, spewing out a barrage of Focus Blasts, killing people and demolishing buildings. After a long battle, I threw an Ultra Ball at it and it shook three times, then clicked. I knew the monster I had just tamed had been expertly corrupted by a Cult's horrid lies, so I worked with it for decades on end to tap its full potential. At first it experienced major trust issues with me, because it felt that I wasn't wise enough to handle the Pseudo-Legendary, but it knew that I agreed that Team Plasma's ideals were correct after all and it was just that the league had gone about it wrong. Then, it undoubtedly obeyed my every command, as it smashed and murdured Terrakion, Virizion, Cobalion, and Keldeo. With Base 92 HP can be manipulated into a bulky Specs opportunity. Flash Cannon is for High's Fairylocticphobia, which is the fear of Fairy-type Pokemon in case you didn't notice, like Togekiss, Sylveon, Azumarill, Klefki, and Xerneas. Flamethrower 0HKO's Ferrothorn, Scizor, and 2HKOs Virizion. Dark Pulse and Dragon Pulse uses STAB to decimate assorted opponents like Alakazam, Garchomp, and others. High was annexed to Team Tyranitar because TT needed a ruthless monster who certainly possessed the potential to run a Late Game sweeper. The next time you hate on Team Plasma, remember that one of their prides have joined the dark side....

Man: Huh? YOU SUPPORT TEAM PLASMA? They pressured me to release my pet Herdier.
Woman: Your Hydreigon......it sure seems passionate.
Man: What are you talking about?! This madman has captured two rogue pokemon to use in Monotype! We gotta get out of here!
?: You will pay for your insolence!
*Shoots Man*
Next you will see my pride, Tyranitar.

Mega Destroyer (Tyranitar) (F) @ Tyranitarite
EVs: 100 Attack, 252 Attack, 100 Defense, 56 Special Defense
Ability: Sand Stream
Adamant Nature
-Pursuit
-Fire Punch
-Stealth Rock
-Dragon Tail
The classic Tyranitar trapping set; MD was my first Pokemon, and in Kanto, the Day-Care couple gave me an unclaimed baby Larvitar with Perfect IVs. It was very light, frail, and was scrawny. The owner said that an engaged trainer named "Gary Oak" tried to get his Exeggutor and Arcanine to breed, but what happened was that a rogue Pupitar walked into the daycare and fell in love with the Exeggutor. Within days, hundreds of baby Larvitar were born and were infesting Celadon City, which was nearby. When Gary returned, he used his Aerodactyl to kill the hordes of Larvitar but took the genetically-superior ones to train. The last one was in my palms. It was a newborn, and was extremely cute. So I decided to keep. It grew up with me; it was a Pupitar when I was in High School, and was my pet. Every day we would train by felling the Trubbish that shrouded the dumpster. Soon, after twenty-years alas, she evolved into the game's best Trapper. Stealth Rock is certainly the bane of Monotypes, and shatters Flying teams like Thundurus-T and more. Dragon Tail could easily force out a non-fairy threat and force some vital Stealth Rock damage. A well-timed Pursuit OHKOs Victini and Mew, and has vital STAB to stop many a hardened threat. Fire Punch will 2HKO Ferrothorn and Forretress, and furthermore adds to MD's thick and luxurious movepool and coverage. The reason why I annexed it to TT is because every squad has a ruler. It just turns out that this one is a giant T-Rex.

Well, that explains Team Tyranitar. These three are the ones I use most and comments and suggestions would greatly be appreciated. Did you like my writing?

Last edited:

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
RMTs are for full teams that need a bit of work, not half done ones that don't appear very thought out. None of these sets are viable, and if I'm gonna be brutally honest even the writing wasn't enjoyable. You should also use Showdown importable for the EV spreads. You should probably try checking out monotype viability rankings and battling 101 as you seem new. Just for a few team suggestions, Mega Sableye is incredibly good in monotype and totally outclasses spiritomb there, whereas tyranitar doesn't have much reason to be mega here, running bulky hydreigon is never a good idea, and the whole tyranitar set needs to be reworked. Oh, and most of the mons in the poll aren't very good.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...www.smogon.com/forums/forums/battling-101.42/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)