Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Magnet Rise
- Foul Play

Rates, based off the Weavile + Mega Heracross core, I think the best route to build was probably going either Hyper offense or Offense. You could go a more balance route with each of them but paired together I didn't think it was the best option, since pivoting with both of these mons is awkward and usually ill-advised. As you mentioned in you in your first post Talonflame dumpsters this core, so to mitigate some of that I added tanky Rocky helmet Garchomp to handle it coupled with Raikou who can tank a hit if need be and kill it with T-Bolt after recoil. Raikou does pretty well in conjunction with Weavile as it can bring the Lati twins in on a Volt Switch so Weavile can trap them. At this point, the team needed some sort of hazard control to keep Weavile from being worn down too much by Stealth Rocks and keep Mega Hera healthy and a Keldeo/Manaphy/Venusaur check. Latios or Latias felt like the best options there but I went with Latios for the extra damage output, however you can use Latias for the Healing Wish support and the extra bulk. After consulting with m00ns, I added T-bolt on Latios for general coverage which happens to breaks SpDef Skarmory for Weavile and Mega Hera, as well as hitting things like Bisharp, and the bulkier Azumarils that eat up Psyshocks. Lastly, I added Klefki for the Hidden Power Mex Thunder Wave support to facilitate things for Mega Heracross as well as stopping setup sweepers like Zard X, or Gyarados.

Threat wise you need to be wary of Mega Manectric, who can kind of maul you if you're not careful but you have some good band-aid checks in Latios and AV Raikou. As with most offensive teams, Azumarill is annoying to switch into but you have things that outspeed it and kill it, so its not too bad to play around. Other then that you can usually play around everything else, that could trouble you these just happen to be the biggest ones.

Hope you like it!

Just dumping some teams.

FootHead58 Here you are. I picked this up on late notice, sorry for the wait haha. Non Ice Shard Weavile sucks, by the way. If I were you I'd swap out Pursuit, since it doesnt trap many things that Magnezone can't handle outside things such as Celebi and the like.

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Dragon Dance

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Low Kick

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Gengar @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 8 HP / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Substitute

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Recover
- Giga Drain
- Healing Wish

Cobalion @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 140 HP / 112 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Volt Switch

Okay, I find this core to be absolutely awesome. I loved building around it. Anyways, at first glance this core really gets fucked up by stall. Mega Altaria can't set up because it can easily be status'd or phazed (or in some instances such as Talonflame and Ferrothorn being able to tank a hit and fuck it up). Weavile and Magnezone can be weakened easily and pivoted around. Gengar had the best synergy with your team, and the hex set is extremely effective in the current meta. This earned it a spot on the team. Sludge Wave can work in slot 4, but I find Substitute to be much more applicable in a battle situation, so use your judgement here. Next I wanted to have some healing wish support. Jirachi and Latias didn't really fit the team as well (although Jirachi IS an option to check Gard better), so I chose Celebi because of the excellent synergy and how it checks Lopunny which is CRUCIAL to this team since it is mostly offensive. It also is a check to most opposing set up sweepers with T-Wave (although Zard X is a problem, Mega Alt does an okay job checking that), and is a great status absorber as well. Lastly, I needed a couple of things: A Bisharp and Weavile counter and check, Stealth Rock, and a Gardevoir check. Cobalion is a hidden gem which does all of these really, really well. It may seem a bit fishy on paper, but it works really well in the couple of battles I've used it in. Try this team out, hope you like it.

RU Abysmal OU Are I'm not abysmal!

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Dragon Dance

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Earth Plate
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock

Gengar @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Substitute

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off / Superpower

Shaymin @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Psychic
- Rest

I tried to make this team not too similar to the last. I just went all-out hyper offense because Mega Altaria really appreciates having the opponent pressured to set up. I took a different route from the start. I decided to start with finding a Stealth Rock setter first. Earth Plate Landorus-T was my first pick. It has excellent synergy with the core and applies way more offensive pressure than defensive Landorus-T. Earth Plate gives Earthquake so much power, 2HKOing annoying things such as Clefable and Ferrothorn while pressuring walls such as Hippowdon a lot. It really fits the core well, with valuable support in Stealth Rock and high offensive prowess. Next, I wanted something that was going to pressure checks to Mega Altaria and pressure the opposing team in not having many switchins. Substitute Gengar was easily the best choice for this. It beat Celebi, Slowbro, and Mega Metagross as well as many other things that beat or check Mega Altaria. Substitute was also excellent as it eased prediction a lot, pressuring the opponent. For instance, Bisharp, which shits all over this team, can mispredict with Substitute and is OHKOed by Focus Miss, which takes out a huge threat to this team. I just threw on CB Azumarill because it completes a SFD core and does well on this team for the same reasons as Gengar; it pressures the opponent a lot to switch in and can weaken them enough for Mega Altaria to come in and sweep with more ease. Lastly, bulky Water-types still kind of gave this team trouble and I knew that a Grass-type wallbreaker would greatly benefit this team. So, I said 'fuck it' and threw on Shaymin over Serperior because I didn't need another win condition; Shaymin is a really solid and underrated wallbreaker. I chose it over Serperior because it's incredibly strong immediately and has excellent Grass / Psychic / Ground coverage, while Serperior has to deal with shitty Dragon Pulse. Also granted a temporary Bisharp check as it OHKOes it and can't OHKO with Sucker Punch, which Serperior can't do as well. Hope you like this team.

TURBODERP This next team is Analytic 's and I'm posting it for him because he can't.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Stone Edge

Alakazam-Mega @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Taunt

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Protect
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave

M-Alakazam has Taunt to deal with bulkier teams / stop set up sweeps, and it effectively breaks a lot of balance builds. Since Hippowdon checked literally every physical threat in the tier+check pokemon that can scare M-Alakazam out, I had some room to add a bit more offensive minded pokemon to the team. Latios was added as the Keldeo, M-CharY, and for hazard control. Ferrothorn was added as the secondary Manaphy check as well as functioning as the Fairy-type check. Checked Thundurus, Azumarill, Gengar, M-Diancie, M-Gardevoir, and M-Altaria which were all looking like threats to the team. Specs Keldeo was added to wallbreaker and it's really scary to switch in to. M-Alakazam+Specs Keldeo overwhelm a lot of teams. Finally, CM Clefable was added as the secondary check to Specs Keldeo, Kyurem-B, and a bunch of other stuff while functioning as a potential wincon.

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 200 HP / 216 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

Heracross @ Heracronite
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Swords Dance

Weavile @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Ice Shard

Raikou @ Assault Vest
EVs: 232 SpA / 24 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Defog

Klefki @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Magnet Rise
- Foul Play

Rates, based off the Weavile + Mega Heracross core, I think the best route to build was probably going either Hyper offense or Offense. You could go a more balance route with each of them but paired together I didn't think it was the best option, since pivoting with both of these mons is awkward and usually ill-advised. As you mentioned in you in your first post Talonflame dumpsters this core, so to mitigate some of that I added tanky Rocky helmet Garchomp to handle it coupled with Raikou who can tank a hit if need be and kill it with T-Bolt after recoil. Raikou does pretty well in conjunction with Weavile as it can bring the Lati twins in on a Volt Switch so Weavile can trap them. At this point, the team needed some sort of hazard control to keep Weavile from being worn down too much by Stealth Rocks and keep Mega Hera healthy and a Keldeo/Manaphy/Venusaur check. Latios or Latias felt like the best options there but I went with Latios for the extra damage output, however you can use Latias for the Healing Wish support and the extra bulk. After consulting with m00ns, I added T-bolt on Latios for general coverage which happens to breaks SpDef Skarmory for Weavile and Mega Hera, as well as hitting things like Bisharp, and the bulkier Azumarils that eat up Psyshocks. Lastly, I added Klefki for the Hidden Power Mex Thunder Wave support to facilitate things for Mega Heracross as well as stopping setup sweepers like Zard X, or Gyarados.

Threat wise you need to be wary of Mega Manectric, who can kind of maul you if you're not careful but you have some good band-aid checks in Latios and AV Raikou. As with most offensive teams, Azumarill is annoying to switch into but you have things that outspeed it and kill it, so its not too bad to play around. Other then that you can usually play around everything else, that could trouble you these just happen to be the biggest ones.

Hope you like it!
Looks great! Thanks for explaining the thought process behind each pokemon and highlighting threats to the team. Time to hit the ladder with this one!

Thank you for the team man, excited to test more with it later :heart:, just a question though, at first glance, doesnt the team get bodied by Swords Dance Talonflame as well as Mega Metagross? Therefore would a Scarf Magnezone or magneton be better than the specs one?(there may be other weaknesses, just cant think of them atm) Im not meaning to be overly critical or ungrateful, I really appreciate the time and effort that went into the team and im sure youre a better teambuilder than me man, just my first impression, will test with it later today.

Last edited:
Wow mysterio. This team is amazing! I played like 5 games and it just flows so amazingly. Thank you for building it, it's awesome!!! You guys rock:)

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Yeah I'm gonna go ahead and request a core with Hoopa-U

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb / Leftovers
Ability: Magician
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Hyperspace Fury
- Gunk Shot

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-o-Wisp
- Pain Split

Basic idea is to get slow Volt Turns for a free switch-in. SubPunch Hoopa has perfect neutral coverage and I think it's a pretty cool set but I'm not married to it if the builder wants to go in a different direction. Rotom also handles stuff like Scizor and Talonflame which is pretty nice.

EDIT: No rush on this request if builders want to get a feel of Hoopa better before building teams that they would post here.

FootHead58

p.reign (Azumarill) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Belly Drum

boi-1da (Bisharp) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 52 SpD / 200 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Low Kick
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

rihanna (Gardevoir-Mega) @ Gardevoirite
EVs: 24 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Will-O-Wisp

PARTYNEXTDOOR (Dragonite) @ Choice Band
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake

Noah '40' Shebib (Garchomp) (F) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 240 HP / 168 Def / 100 Spe
Impish Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Stealth Rock

the weeknd (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Secret Sword
- Scald

I saw you posted M-Gardevoir + Bisharp earlier and it was ignored, but I decided to build it for you after searching through old request. All likenesses, including pokemon names are in reference to drake and his affiliates. Welcome to the jungle! Alright I had to edit Bisharp and M-Gardevoir's movesets. I felt like adding Low Kick > Swords Dance would allow Bisharp to get rid of Ferrothorn faster as well as hit faster Heatran on switches. I also changed Jolly > Adamant since I got rid of the attack boosting move. The extra power is more beneficial + it's not important to outspeed dragonite, rotom-w, or gyarados cause we're switching out on those buddy. But it is important to outspeed Altaria because Fairy types are a bit problematic for the unrevealed team. I gave M-Gardevoir 24 def EVs to prevent Latios from 2HKOing it with Psyshock; I also felt that Will-O-Wisp > Taunt since most of its checks/switchins are steel types that don't want to be burned, except for heatran but that gets smashed by Focus Blast. I wanted to add a dragon to complete the Dragon-Fairy-Steel core, but the dragon had to have immediate wallbreaking power to help Gardevoir break down opposing teams. Here's where I added CB Dragonite. It's a menace early game and can really open things up for the other members of the team which is great for offensive teams such as this one. I felt the team was quite weak to Ice mon's so I added Azumarill here, with BD it can take advantage of its great resistances and use mon's like Weavile to set up and most likely end the game. Next I wanted to add a bulky pivot that could serve as a blanket check to physical attackers like Scizor, Bisharp, as well as Flying types, so Rocky Helmet Garchomp was added. Although the team has alot of priority I still needed some speed to revenge KO a few threats like Diancie, Scarf Lando-T, and etc. So I added Keldeo. Keldeo matches up well with the original core and was an easy fit for the last slot. The team is pretty standard but still effective, hope you enjoy using it.

I'll assume that my initial request was ignored because it wasn't really a core per se but merely two Pokémon I wanted to see function alongside one another. This is a real core.

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm
- Bullet Punch

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- Superpower

Hydreigon is one of my favourite Dragon-types, and it stands out among the pseudolegendaries for me for being a special attacker—Goodra is specially-oriented, but its stats are those of an offensive tank rather than a wallbreaker. I've used the revenge-killer build (Choice Scarf, U-turn) and found it worked well, but I was taken by the wallbreaker build with a Life Orb because it can be used in tandem with the so-good-some-people-wanted-it-banned Mega Metagross. However, I had difficulty building the team outwards from the core, because I didn't want to squander its respectable Speed by introducing slow Pokémon like Azumarill or Clefable (recommended to cover the likes of Mega Sableye and Scizor which otherwise trouble this core) and then being forced into using Speed control from the likes of Shuckle, Klefki or Thundurus.

Klefki @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Fairy Lock
- Play Rough
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Roost

Weavile @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard

This is a fun offensive core that works pretty well. Idk if I can put 3 mons but a pursuit trapper also works with this hoopa meta as its pretty much a free kill on it, and klefki can stop other things from swapping out for charizard to setup on or weavile to just kill tearing a hole in the opponents team. Spikes work really well on this team since more damage = better chance to kill. More members could include a rocker such as tankchomp, a spinner, you could run bisharp over weavile too to bait out the defog. Overall really solid and love to see what you come up with.

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 192 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Pretty standard defensive core, heatran works pretty well with scizor in my opinion, he can set up stealth rocks and it's a good answer to talonflame and steel types that would otherwise cause problems to scizor, not to mention the fact that he can also absorb incoming will o wisps.Scizor can take care of stuff like gardevoir that heatran can't handle because of its set.
I would like to have a balanced team around this core.Also if you think that heatran won't really fit the team very well I don't mind it being changed.
EDIT:Change the sets as you please if you think it's necessary

Last edited:
Mega-Aggron Bulky Balance/ Semi-Stall

(No Pictures, on Phone)

Aggron @ Aggronite
Ability: Sturdy
252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpD
Impish Nature
-Heavy Slam
-Earthquake
-Stealth Rock
-Thunder Wave / Roar

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
-Moonblast
-Heal Bell
-Wish
-Protect

I got interested in Megaggron after seeing a discussion on it in the Viability Rankings thread, and after thinking on it, it can shut down and kill multiple things with a monster 230 Defense and a decent attack stat. It shuts down Mega Altaria, Metagross, Weavile, Scizor, just to name a few. It also is a steel type that isn't easily removed by Magnezone. But it's main issue is that it doesn't have ANY recovery besides Rest, and is set up fodder for Manaphy. So that's where a cleric, Clefable, comes in. Providing everything Aggron, and a bulky team, needs. It wish passes for recovery for fat mons that need it, and Heal Bell for mons that get statused that can't cure themselves. It also provides a Steel-Fairy core, and when you add a Dragon type, and you have a great type core. These sets are just some samples, I'm not sure what the optimal sets would be. I would like to keep the same movesets though.

Can build a stall with this core? please

Chansey @ Eviolite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic / Wish
- Soft-Boiled / Wish
- Seismic Toss
- Heal Bell

Sableye @ Sablenite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Snarl
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp

Here the explanation, Chansey is a good defensive pokemon, she can toxic the enemy and stall they, she can heal the others stat, and can be a cleric.
Sableye Mega is the win condition, because he can boost with Calm Mind, Bounce the hazzards and stats moves, he can burn the physical sweepers to stop a sweep and can wall Special Sweepers, because Snarl lows the opposing SpAtk, and he can recover from the damage, making a lot of troubles to the other player, thats all
Sorry for my english, my main language is Spanish

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
Gonna request a team based around the core of Entei + Thundurus. The two tear cores apart thanks to their wonderful offensive synergy. Thundurus breaks down Bulky Water types among others, and in return, Entei breaks down several Specially Defensive walls.

Entei @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge

Thundurus @ Life Orb / Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice
- Focus Blast

I would like a team based on these two pokemon!
Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 36 Atk / 220 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Protect / Hidden Power Fire
- Moonblast
- Earth Power

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 56 Atk / 238 SpA / 216 Spe
Mild Nature
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Roost / Iron Head / Hidden Power Fire

Modify thats sets if you need to. These two pokemons have great offensive synergy. Kyruem gets rids of threats that can stop Diancie, and Diancie gets rid of threats like faster dragons for Kyruem. Overall i want an offensive team, bulky of hyper, its up to you!

jay

I’m thinking bout changing the culture
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I'm requesting another Hoopa-Unbound core, because the mon seems really fun to play around with and I don't know how to build around Hoopa yet.

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb/ Leftovers
Ability: Magician
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Psyshock
- Nasty Plot

And

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Endure/Fire Blast/Toxic

The point of the core is for garchomp to punish physical attackers that target Hoopa, so they can be weakened from an early point in the match, other than that they dont have much synergy

Klefki @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Fairy Lock
- Play Rough
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave

Charizard @ Charizardite X
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Roost

Weavile @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard

This is a fun offensive core that works pretty well. Idk if I can put 3 mons but a pursuit trapper also works with this hoopa meta as its pretty much a free kill on it, and klefki can stop other things from swapping out for charizard to setup on or weavile to just kill tearing a hole in the opponents team. Spikes work really well on this team since more damage = better chance to kill. More members could include a rocker such as tankchomp, a spinner, you could run bisharp over weavile too to bait out the defog. Overall really solid and love to see what you come up with.
ill take this

I am looking for a Hyper Offense team with this core:

+

The idea behind this is: I want gyarados to sweep of course. Magnezone can get rid of those annoying steel types that wall gyara. Also gyara's weaknesses to fairy and electric types are covered by zone. Its a pretty simple idea. Hopefully the builder that takes this can find a nice taunt user to break stall teams.

Gyarados (M) @ Gyaradosite
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Crunch

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

SketchUp

Don't let your memes be dreams

Dragalge @ Black Sludge
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 248 HP / 232 SpD / 28 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Scald / Dragon Tail
- Toxic Spikes

Blastoise @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 176 HP / 252 SpA / 80 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Dark Pulse
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Beam / Roar / Aura Sphere

Pretty nice hazards based bulky core that can take on many special attackers and wear physical attackers down with TSpikes. Type synergy is pretty obvious as Dragalge easily takes electric and grass type attacks and Blastoise can switch in against ice moves. Dragalge is a good switchin to special attackers like Gengar and Thundurus while Blastoise takes on bulky steel types like Heatran and Jirachi and can also spin away the hazards from pokemon like Hippowdon, Garchomp and Heatran, as they are all forced out by Scald or Ice Beam. I don't want to make this to restricted so I'll only make a 2-mon core but if the builders also could add a Wishrachi that would be awesome! Thanks in advance.

Is the core I posted on page 8 (megalop,scolipede) being worked on by anybody? Its just that its been a while :/
Thanks

Last edited:
sableye-mega.gif
jirachi.gif
Hi :) I'd like a fat balance team around the mega sableye+jirachi core, but pls not full stall. I originally saw this core posted by Dr Ciel in the good cores section (I just made my account so idk how to tag him sorry). im just going to copy and paste what he said cuz I think he said spot on how this core works.
Mega Sableye is one of the best mega evolution's in OU, being able to check a huge chunk of the meta with amazing defensive typing, and excellent support options. However, it is extremely weak to Fairy types which can 2HKO it, no matter how many CM boosts it has accumulated. This is where Jirachi comes in. Jirachi can easily check the powerful Fairy types that threaten Mega Sableye, including Sylveon, Mega Altaria, Mega Gardevoir, and Clefable, the biggest one. Jirachi also provides the much needed Wish support that defensive teams love, and can cripple a ton of Pokemon with Toxic In return, Mega Sableye can switch in and threaten on Skarmory and Ferrothorn, preventing them from getting up hazards thanks to Magic Bounce. Mega Sableye can also switch in on and burn the bulky Ground types that threaten Jirachi, including Landorus-T, Garchomp, and especially Excadrill. Despite this core being able to check a huge chunk of the OU meta, there are still quite a few threats. The main threats to this core are Charizard-Y and Manaphy, the former can 2HKO both members, and the latter can use both as set up fodder. Keldeo can also use both as set up fodder or simply 2HKO them with a Specs / LO boosted Hydro Pump. Latios is also a pretty solid partner, as it checks Keldeo, and Charizard-Y, while also breaking through Mega Venusaur with Psyshock. Ty for reading and have a great day :)
Sableye @ Sablenite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Toxic
- Wish
- Protect

Attachments

Last edited:
+
+

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Substitute

Infernape @ Life Orb
EVs: 100 Atk / 156 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Fire Blast
- Close Combat
- Gunk Shot
- Hidden Power Ice

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Zen Headbutt
- U-Turn
- Healing Wish

Some Pokemon which can switch-in easily against SubDD Gyarados are Skarmory, Ferrothorn, Tangrowth, Mega Altaria, Azumarill, Mega Scizor and Chesnaught. All of the above Pokemon are either weak to Infernape's STAB moves or in the Fairy-types case, be heavily damaged by Gunk Shot. In return, Mega Gyarados easily sets-up on Infernape's switch-ins such as Lati@s, Slowking, Cresselia and Mew while also overloading Rotom-W which checks both Pokemon.

Jirachi complements this core by being able to revenge kill Mega Lopunny, Keldeo and Mega Aerodactyl with Zen Headbutt/ Iron Head while also acting as a safety net against DD Mega Altaria. It is also it's strongest attack against Talonflame which can be annoying for the core. Jirachi can also U-Turn out of unfavourable match-ups (such as against Garchomp, Hippowdon and Scizor) which are easy prey for Infernape or Gyarados. Healing Wish gives Gyarados a second sweeping chance if it is weakened or Statused.

I would like a team built around this core posted by Random Passerby in the "Type Cores" thread (preferably Balance or Bulky Offense, whichever one works for you.) Above is how the core works. I like this core because Gyarados is a bulky Mega that can play mind games because of its typing difference pre-mega, Jirachi has well rounded-stats that can allow it to play multiple roles in OU, and Infernape is my favorite Pokemon and I want to bring out its full potential. It is nice to see that Nape is getting a rise in usage.

Hi, i'd like an offense team based around this core:

+

Sets&Explanation:

Volcarona @ Passho Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast / Fiery Dance
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Superpower/Ice Beam

This offensive core is pretty easy: scarf ttar works as a pursuit trapper against talonflame, chansey and latwins, because my volcarona doesn't have bug buzz; in this team i wanna try HP ground for killing heatran easily, so nothing can stop my sweep. Also, after the pursuit, volcarona can set up on a lot of the common switchins/revenge killers of tyranitar like scizor, ferrothorn and breloom. Thanks for your time.

Diancie @ Diancite - Naive Nature (Magic Bounce)
EVs: 16 Attack / 240 Sp. Attack / 252 Speed
move 1: Moonblast
move 2: Diamond Storm
move 3: Earth Power / Hidden Power Fire
move 4: Protect

Shedinja @ Focus Sash - Lonely Nature (Wonder Guard)
EVs: 252 Attack / 100 Sp. Attack / 156 Speed
move 1: Will-O-Wisp
move 2: Shadow Sneak
move 3: Baton Pass
move 4: Swords Dance

Heatran @ Leftovers - Calm Nature (Flash Fire)
EVs: 248 HP / 192 Sp. Defense / 68 Speed
move 1: Lava Plume
move 2: Toxic
move 3: Roar
move 4: Stealth Rock

Hey there guys, I've seen some people use Shedinja in OU recently, and I like the idea for some reason. So I've built a small core around it. Mega Diancie is notorious for being difficult to switch in, but also difficult to switch into. She also sorta suffers from low HP and weaknesses to common types. Shedinja however is immune to all of the types she's weak to: steel, water, grass, and ground. It also covers Heatran's weakness to Fighting, Water, and Ground. Shedinja can pass boosts to Diancie for Diamond Storm, but I would prefer for you guys to add a physical sweeper / attacker to the team. I didn't choose one because I wasn't sure which one would work best. Heatran helps Shedinja to remove Scizor from the game: though Scizor can carry Knock Off and kill Shedinja, it can burn it in a pinch as well as Shadow Sneak weakened ones. Heatran is a pretty solid Scizor check too.

No rush on this one at all. I still have to finish the logo I'm drawing for this thread. Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)