Tournament Teams Used To Qualify For OLT (with discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
approved by Subject 18, Celticpride

Hi mistaken here, showing the teams used to qualify for olt along with some discussion on how the teams changed over time.

LT1A Cosine180
/

LT1D Omfuga

LT1a tessy
/
/

LT1A ABR

LT2X Leftiez
/

LT2D M Dragon

LT2S MetalGro$$
/

LT2B Specterito

LT3Y Xray

LT3A sabbs
/

LT3D WCAR

LT3A tewmew

LT5Y Alexander

LT5X Impulse
/

LT5A Beatiful EG
/

lt5b hiye

LT6X Tsunami
/

LT6Z Lange

LT6B boudouche

LT6 GTM

LT7B PDC
/

LT7A fox god
/

LY7K teso24
team here
LT7X DoomX

shartruce2

Arifeen

Asuya

evanston

Discussion Time
32 People in total 45 Teams
15.5% Full Stall Teams
4.44% Rain Teams
17.7% Hyper Offense
22.2% Balance
8.88% Semi Stall
31.1% Bulky Offense

Bulky Offense has emerged as the most dominant play style through the teams used to qualify for OLT. Statistics with such a small sample size are often flawed, however the players who qualified for OLT are a good representation of what the high ladder looked like during this time. Bulky and hyper offense make up nearly half of the teams used where semi and full stall take up around 24% of the teams, which is less than half of what offense take up, this goes to show how the teams used are heavily shifted to offense. Now that goth is gone even more of the ladder has shifted to offense.

All of these teams have proven themselves through their success on the ladder. I would like to note how the majority of teams used had a way of breaking stall. During the start of the tour fatter teams were very common. Omfuga's team had a diggersby, mega gyarados, and sd talon along with a healing wish latias to gain favorable match ups vs these common fat builds. Pokemon like mega gardevoir and manaphy were used on many of these teams because these mons help break balance. I would also like to point out how the teams used in the last 5 weeks were in general more offensively oriented compared to the teams used in the earlier weeks which were more balanced. This occurred because the ladder was filled with balance and stall breakers which made it difficult to find as many good match ups with semi stall and balance. Chople tyranitar was seen a lot throughout these teams as it became the hoopa-u, charizard-y, gengar,mega zam etc blanket check for all of the threats to balance.

In general the qualifying teams were a great representation of what the ladder is like. Showing how all the play styles are able to be used however some styles are more prevalent than others. You will notice how some of the teams are used by different users in different weeks this also mimics how the majority of the ladder contains extremely similar types of teams. Teams like goth stall and sand balance w/ amoongus became very common during these qualifying runs and is still very commonly seen on the ladder.

I hope this thread inspires you to build and helps you realize that every play style can be used successfully on the ladder.

Last edited:

xray

how u doin'?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
I think Bulky Offense is the best way to go to be consistent on the ladder. It lets you pressure your opponent whenever you want and you can decide for yourself whether you want/need to play more risky or go the safe way. Bulky Offense should at least have decent switch-ins to almost the whole metagame and often lets you play around your weaks with offensive pressure (double switches etc). One of my other intentions was to minimize the hax during my OLT Run. That means i didnt have a slow team (although i had many mons with ways to recover) and i only had 2 moves with not a 100% acc on my whole team (toxic on tran, edge on lando-t). I also tried to surprise a bit with changing my Loom set for example in the end of the cycle when most people knew my team.

Last edited:
This thread will be super useful for ladder players and aspiring tour players like me n_n.

This must be WIP, but, if you have them, importables would be appreciated.

EDIT: See Celticpride's post, I removed that.

Last edited:

SketchUp

Don't let your memes be dreams
Last edited:

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
I mean the imports would be nice and all but I'm pretty sure the thread is just an information thread to gauge what people were using from a general idea, not really a team dump, to analyze what OLT 2 entailed. Or like x-rays comment in just explaining his thought process behind the use of his teams.

To confirm what AM implied, with myself as one of the guys who approved this thread, this is meant for discussion of the OLT ladder runs and the teams used in those runs. This isn't a place to steal teams from three plus months ago lol.
Ehh shouldnt the goth teams be removed? You know... rip
This happens to be a very specific example of what I don't want to see, as Goth exhibited a huge influence on the OLT ladder and thus should be talked about and represented. However, don't drift into whether Goth should or should not have been banned ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)