TeamYOLO- You Only Live Once

Okay, first I have to admit that my team is far from the YOLO motto. Instead it relies upon three tanky Pokemon to scout and uncover the enemy's strategy and responding accordingly. (This is my first forum post so please be kind! :])
This is a pseudo-rain team, the only advantages I use is the 100% accuracy from Thunder and Hurricane and the boost for Scald on the toad.
One last thing I wish to note is that this team focuses a lot on disrupting the opposing team's strategy, forcing switches is crucial for this team to succeed and it allows it to set up its sweepers itself. Soo...
Let's get to it!

[pimg]227[/pimg]
Skarmory @Leftovers |Sturdy
Impish |224 HP|252 Def|32 SpD
-Brave Bird
-Spikes
-Stealth Rock
-Whirlwind
I usually lead with Skarmory since it is able to survive any attack on the first turn and is a guaranteed stealth rocks up. Skarmory's purpose is to (1) Get Stealth Rocks up, (2) Spikes, if possible, (3) live to wall any physical attack so that you can respond correctly with a counter from the rest of the team. Having Whirlwind disrupts any set ups and subs that your opponent goes for and I find it very useful in many situations because Skarmory is able to tank a good majority of attacks.

[pimg]186[/pimg]
Politoad @Leftovers |Drizzle
Bold |252 HP |252 Def |4 Spe
-Protect
-Perish Song
-Scald
-Toxic
Much like Skarmory, Politoad not only brings the rain and the Thunder, but he also disrupts many teams and how they want to set up. Moves like Perish Song and Toxic limits how many turns an opposing Pokemon stays in and with a STAB Scald Politoad can possibly add damage enough to set up a revenge kill from Mamoswine or Gengar. Being a physical tank, Politoad is able to scout out and disrupt many Pokemon since I've come to notice that the metagame right now for OU is to set up as quickly as possible with D-Dance, S-Smash, S-Dance, etc. Perish Song synergizes well with Terrakion, because on the final turn the force switch on the opposing Pokemon opens Terrakion to either Rock Polish or Swords Dance according to the opposite team.

[pimg]149[/pimg]
Dragonite @Leftovers |Multiscale
Calm |252 HP |252 SpD |4 Atk
-Roost
-Thunder
-Hurricane
-Dragon Tail
Dragonite is a straight up beast, it takes that one "GET YOURSELF A DRAGONITE" video to a whole 'nother level. This guy is so versatile that the mind games in itself is worth having a Dragonite on any team. I run a bulky set and Dragon Tail allows more disruption, except you'll have to be weary of Outrage. Draco Meteor? No problem. Aside from that not much to be said, except GET YOURSELF A DRAGONITE BECAUSE YOLO.

[pimg]94[/pimg]
Gengar @Expert Belt |Levitate
Timid |4 HP |252 SpA |252 Spe
-Shadow Ball
-Giga Drain
-Thunder
-Toxic

I want to explain my mindset behind choosing Toxic as the last move. Well Gengar not only acts as a special sweeper, but it is my Rapid Spin wall. Most become would see Stealth Rocks and Spikes up and make getting rid of them as a priority. Also, almost all teams only carry one Pokemon with Rapid Spin and not losing it is also a priority. That's why the threat of Gengar possibly killing their rapid spinner opens for a fast Toxic upon switches, which is always welcome. Other than that one of the Pokemon to kill the opposing Pokemon.

[pimg]473[/pimg]
Mamoswine @Life Orb |Thick Fat
Adamant |252 Atk |252 Spe |4 SpD
-Icicle Crash
-Ice Shard
-Earthquake
-Superpower
I'm not gonna lie, Mamoswine is so sick. Mamoswine is here to primarily revenge kill and keep Dragons in check. It also destroys Heatran, Jirachi, Blissey and all them annoying Pokemons. The swine is quite fragile so having a safe switch is always necessary. Too often (since I'm quite noob) I switch to Mamoswine just to take a boosted Surf to the fat face. :/

[pimg]639[/pimg]
Terrakion @Air Balloon |Justified
Jolly |4 HP |252 Atk |252 Spe
-Rock Polish
-Swords Dance
-Stone Edge
-Close Combat
Last but not least Terrakion represents this team's late game. Hopefully you'll be able to take out fast threats with revenge killing. As mentioned above, Terrakion synergizes well with Politoad and is a large threat to many teams because of the two crazy strong moves at its disposal. I chose Air Balloon over Choice Band because many times you'll be playing at a numbers deficit so choosing either Stone Edge or Close Combat is important.

Thanks for taking time to at least skim over what I've come up with! Please be kind with your criticism! :]

Your team has a big ice type weakness but you did a great job countering it with fighting type moves. I'm not sold on the dragonite because personally I think latias would have done a better job of being specially defensive but if dragonite is working fine for you then I would stick with that

Raiza

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
World Defender
Hi LudicoloYOLO! Your team's strategy is very nice, I like it so much!
For first the full attack Gengar with Shadow Ball , Thunder/Giga Drain , Icy Wind , Focus Blast can give you many problems(you can only hope to win the speed tie with your Gengar) and you haven't entries on him(all of your pokemons are 2ohkoed by Gengar,Dragonite without multiscale) and Scarf Gothitelle(she can enter and lock all of your pokemons and kill them),then I suggest you to insert Blissey,she can enter on Special Attackers,in this case Gengar and Gothitelle,and force their switch. She can also uses Toxic and Thunder Wave favoring the strategy of the team and she can place the Stealth Rock.
Now with Blissey you can insert Roost over Stealth Rock on Skarmory.Skarmory is very important for your team(he covers you by the Ice Moves,Phsycal Moves wich are a problem for you and he place the spikes and supports the strategy of the team,then he needs a recovery move because he must enter many times on the Phsycal Moves and without Roost can not live long).
Your team has a slow revengekill then I suggest you to try Choice Scarf Set on Terrakion so you can revengekill so many fast and problematic pokemons(Gengar,Salamence,Thundurus-T,Dragonite and Volcarona after a dance etc.).
Scarf Keldeo is an another trait of your team,Blissey has hard times vs Secret Sword and only politoed can save you by surf/hydro pump sweep.Jellicent is one of his big walls,it can enter when he's locked in Surf/Hydro Pump,Secret Sword or Hidden Power Ice and use annoying moves(Toxic,Will-O-Wisp and others) and force his switch then I suggest you to try Jellicent over Gengar because it is more bulky,it works better under rain and supports the team's strategy too

Blissey Set

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Seismic Toss
- Softboiled
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Terrakion Set

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- X-Scissor
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge/Rock Slide

Jellicent Set

Jellicent (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Def / 220 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic
- Shadow Ball

Good Luck with your team!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)