1. Remember to check the Simple Questions/Simple Answers , Suggestions , Bug Reports and Technical Support threads before posting. If you have something that warrants extended discussion then post a thread, but when in doubt, please use an already existing thread
  2. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Technical Support Mk. 2 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Showdown!' started by Antar, Jul 22, 2012.

1. Dr Ciel

Dr Ciel

You should read this
  2. Zeofar

Zeofar

1. Windows XP
    2. Firefox 20
    3. Have not tried with other browsers
    4. May 1? (Around the time of the recent server crashes)
    5. Zeofar
    6. Many features of PS are broken for me.

• The teambuilder: The lists of Pokemon, abilities, items, and moves fail to display. The Stat bars are also not drawn. Any changes made on the normal teambuilder will not save. I am, however, able to make changes manually through Import/Export. Screenshots:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• In battle: The tooltips which show your Pokemon's ability, status, and moveset do not display. The small tooltips which display HP% and Status when mousing over team sprites do display.
    • /data and /dex commands (Including ! broadcasts) do not work. When the command is used in the lobby, nothing happens. When used in a battle, I get errors like this:

Error parsing: c|~|/data-pokemon Gengar
    @http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/js/battle.js?c8fdd165:275
    @http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/js/battle.js?c8fdd165:284

Error parsing: c|~|/data-item Life Orb
    @http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/js/battle.js?c8fdd165:275
    @http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/js/battle.js?c8fdd165:284

I guess displaying certain resources broke for me somehow. Wat do?
  3. Cathy

Cathy

You may have experienced random data corruption in downloading the site. You can try hard refreshing the page, which is Ctrl+Shift+R in Firefox.

Alternatively, you can try connecting over HTTPS by using this URI: https://play.pokemonshowdown.com (copy and paste it into your address bar). Data corruption should be impossible over HTTPS.
  4. bigsmoke

bigsmoke

5. simsims2800

simsims2800

1. Windows 7, Mac OS X 10.7.5
    2. Google Chrome
    3. I've also tried it in Safari and Firefox. Same thing happens.
    4. About a few weeks ago
    5. simsims2800
    6. I try to boot up Showdown and it gets stuck at "Loading Client..." and won't load!
  6. Present

Present

1. Windows XP
    2. Google Chrome
    3. Does not seem to matter, Firfox does not work either.
    4. Just now
    5. RealPresent
    6. I can connect normally to the main server, but not to other servers,just out of the blue. It worked half an hour before that. When I connect servers besides main, I get the following error, which more people seem to have right now: Fout 103 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_ABORTED): Onbekende fout.

EDIT: This seems to be happening to everyone now. I asked someone via main who still was on Joimslab to try and open another tab in Joimslab, and they were unable to do so too.
  7. XxShinyEmpoleonxX

XxShinyEmpoleonxX

Help

Windows 7
    Chrome
    I went to the ultimate max and tried Internet Exporer, and very weird, it did work, I could connect.
    A few weeks ago. Like 25 April
    Shiny_Empoleon
    I can't connect to PS anymore. Doesn't matter how much I try. At main, it freezes at Joining Showdown server... and at any other server (Oriserver, FantasyLab etc.) it freezes at Loading client...
    I have already tried clearing cookies, but that didn't help either. I think it's something with my browser, but I don't know what :c
  8. WhiteCometX

WhiteCometX

1. Windows 7
    2. Chrome
    3. Yes, I tried on Firefox as well.
    4. The next time I signed on after registering my name
    5. ♕Trainer WCX♕
    6. I recently registered the ♕Trainer WCX♕ name exactly I have shown here with the crowns and the next time I logged in, it would show my username as "Traiiner WCX?" instead of "♕Trainer WCX♕" so I was wondering why it does that and if it can be fixed so that it can show up like how I registered it?
  9. Noobie2k7

Noobie2k7

1. Windows XP
    2. Using Google Chrome
    3. not tried any other browsers yet as i have none installed
    4. problem started like 30 minutes ago
    5. Noobie2k7

Right. was on PS fine, made a team up, got a game then as soon as i got into a game it kicked me off PS and restarted it then the following screen came up displaying this message. (won't put up a screenshot as it contains things like my IP address etc)

Host Not Configured to Serve Web Traffic
    You've requested a page on a website (play.pokemonshowdown.com) that is on the CloudFlare network. Unfortunately, the host web server does not appear to be configured to accept web traffic or serve web traffic. If you are the owner of this website, you should login to CloudFlare and change the DNS records for play.pokemonshowdown.com to resolve to a server configured to serve web traffic.
  10. Meaty Man

Meaty Man

I now see this message also, what happened in the last 24 hours? It worked yesterday..
  11. Dr Ciel

Dr Ciel

1. Windows 7
    2. Google Chrome
    3. This is my only browser that is supporter by PS.
    4. About 10 minutes ago.
    5. Have A Nice Day
    6. I was foing some battles on PS on an alt, when suddenlly, my computer bluescreened, and subsequently restarted. When I came back on to PS, I was out of the battle window, but it wouldn't let me close the windows, and when I switched back to my main alt, the same thing happened. Can't show screenshot, as it shows my IP address.
  12. MJB

MJB Sup Peeps
    is a Battle Server Admin Alumnus

Someone knowing your ip address isnt really that big an issue, however you can PM myself or another moderator if you wish. (we can see your ip anyway)
  13. Dr Ciel

Dr Ciel

Actually, scratch that, it's fixed.
  14. intothetae

intothetae

Keep getting disconnected from server

I have been repeatedly been disconnected from the server without any contact from any moderator.
  15. Lady Salamence

Lady Salamence
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Do you have regular internet issues? It would also be helpful if you listened to what was listed in the first post in this thread.
  16. kolotos

kolotos

Mac OS X 10.5.8
    Safari 5.0.6
    This is the only browser that my mac supports
    About a week ago
    Gym Leade® Kolotos
    Every couple of days my teams are deleted for a few hours & my avatar is changed, every time I try & change my avatar the lobby reloads & any teams I have built since they stopped working are also deleted.
    After a few hours they come back & my avatar is fixed.
    I have used the word doc backup system but it's still annoying.
  17. valleyofbones

valleyofbones

Yes I have the same problem as mew
    Next to the red circle it says: error: failed to load resource
    Also, other websites work and my internet works fine
  18. Cptspacelazor

Cptspacelazor

1. Windows 7, I believe
    2. Google chrome, not sure which version
    3. Firefox, opera, IE, same problem.
    4. June 5th
    5. Cptspacelazor
    6. I'm not able to connect to the main server, at all. I was able to connect when it was in emergency mode, but before and after that I've been unable to connect. When I try I get an "unable to connect" error message. A friend of mine also isn't able to get on the main server. Both of us use fiber-op internet, both of us have had our comps infected by the Mixidj virus (he hasn't bothered to remove it, I have but can't get rid of the "search conduit" thing), and both of us live in the New Brunswick area if that is of any significance. I should also note that for a time I was unable to get on Smogon, around the time PS was in emergency mode, and then I was able to get on the main serv. When emergency mode came off and I could get on Smogon I could no longer connect. I've tried just about everything I can think of, so any suggestions would be welcome.
  19. Pidis

Pidis

1.Windows 7
    2.Google Chrome
    3.IE same problem
    4.about 2 weeks
    5.Pidis
    6.when i get on the main server there are no member online and all i get in the chat is cathy telling me to clear my cache and refresh the page, i did like five times and i have waited 2 weeks, nothing is happening
    P.S i can go on all the other servers.
  20. bedr

bedr

disconnected

Every time I try to go to showdown it says that I am disconnected
    I tried to log in but that did't work to I tried
    using safari and firefox and its the same thing
    so I thought it was my laptop problem so I used my
    brother laptop and the same thing happened
    then I tried using the website with http and it didn't work
    can anyone tell me the solution
  21. Mari

Mari

I am unable to login. Each time if I chose any username (even I chose a random one like "ewrqwc31sdg" or "sadfieasoef") I get the message "The name you chose is registered." and I am asked for the password. If I want to login with my real user name "Mari" and type my real password I always get the message "Wrong password."

Browser: SeaMonkey 2.17
    User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:20.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/20.0 SeaMonkey/2.17
    JavaScript implementation: Spidermonkey 1.8.5

And I don't use NoScript, or any ad blockers or proxy servers.
  22. Obvious

Obvious

same
  23. aron304

aron304

Operating system Lubuntu 13.4
    (Web Browser) chromium
    (Other Browsers?) firefox
    (When did this problem start?) today
    (PS username) aron304
    (Problem) when i try to log in to my account it says i have the wrong password. when i try to make an alternate account it says all of them are taken (nobody has the user56712 as far as i know) i tried this with several account possiblitiies. i never had this issue until the attack on smogon was mentioned
  24. Mari

Mari

25. Soul Fly

Soul Fly IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
    is a Contributor to Smogon

If I can read code correctly it's just a name filter to see anyone doesn't use explicit/obscene names or impersonate any authority/voice in Showdown. It has nothing to do with password authentication

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)