Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Pokémon Showdown!' started by Antar, Jul 22, 2012.
You should read this
Have not tried with other browsers
May 1? (Around the time of the recent server crashes)
Many features of PS are broken for me.
The teambuilder: The lists of Pokemon, abilities, items, and moves fail to display. The Stat bars are also not drawn. Any changes made on the normal teambuilder will not save. I am, however, able to make changes manually through Import/Export. Screenshots:
In battle: The tooltips which show your Pokemon's ability, status, and moveset do not display. The small tooltips which display HP% and Status when mousing over team sprites do display.
/data and /dex commands (Including ! broadcasts) do not work. When the command is used in the lobby, nothing happens. When used in a battle, I get errors like this:
Error parsing: c|~|/data-pokemon Gengar
Error parsing: c|~|/data-item Life Orb
I guess displaying certain resources broke for me somehow. Wat do?
You may have experienced random data corruption in downloading the site. You can try hard refreshing the page, which is Ctrl+Shift+R in Firefox.
Alternatively, you can try connecting over HTTPS by using this URI: https://play.pokemonshowdown.com (copy and paste it into your address bar). Data corruption should be impossible over HTTPS.
1. Windows 7, Mac OS X 10.7.5
2. Google Chrome
3. I've also tried it in Safari and Firefox. Same thing happens.
4. About a few weeks ago
6. I try to boot up Showdown and it gets stuck at "Loading Client..." and won't load!
1. Windows XP
2. Google Chrome
3. Does not seem to matter, Firfox does not work either.
4. Just now
6. I can connect normally to the main server, but not to other servers,just out of the blue. It worked half an hour before that. When I connect servers besides main, I get the following error, which more people seem to have right now: Fout 103 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_ABORTED): Onbekende fout.
EDIT: This seems to be happening to everyone now. I asked someone via main who still was on Joimslab to try and open another tab in Joimslab, and they were unable to do so too.
I went to the ultimate max and tried Internet Exporer, and very weird, it did work, I could connect.
A few weeks ago. Like 25 April
I can't connect to PS anymore. Doesn't matter how much I try. At main, it freezes at Joining Showdown server... and at any other server (Oriserver, FantasyLab etc.) it freezes at Loading client...
I have already tried clearing cookies, but that didn't help either. I think it's something with my browser, but I don't know what :c
1. Windows 7
3. Yes, I tried on Firefox as well.
4. The next time I signed on after registering my name
5. ♕Trainer WCX♕
6. I recently registered the ♕Trainer WCX♕ name exactly I have shown here with the crowns and the next time I logged in, it would show my username as "Traiiner WCX?" instead of "♕Trainer WCX♕" so I was wondering why it does that and if it can be fixed so that it can show up like how I registered it?
1. Windows XP
2. Using Google Chrome
3. not tried any other browsers yet as i have none installed
4. problem started like 30 minutes ago
Right. was on PS fine, made a team up, got a game then as soon as i got into a game it kicked me off PS and restarted it then the following screen came up displaying this message. (won't put up a screenshot as it contains things like my IP address etc)
Host Not Configured to Serve Web Traffic
You've requested a page on a website (play.pokemonshowdown.com) that is on the CloudFlare network. Unfortunately, the host web server does not appear to be configured to accept web traffic or serve web traffic. If you are the owner of this website, you should login to CloudFlare and change the DNS records for play.pokemonshowdown.com to resolve to a server configured to serve web traffic.
I now see this message also, what happened in the last 24 hours? It worked yesterday..
This is my only browser that is supporter by PS.
About 10 minutes ago.
Have A Nice Day
I was foing some battles on PS on an alt, when suddenlly, my computer bluescreened, and subsequently restarted. When I came back on to PS, I was out of the battle window, but it wouldn't let me close the windows, and when I switched back to my main alt, the same thing happened. Can't show screenshot, as it shows my IP address.
Someone knowing your ip address isnt really that big an issue, however you can PM myself or another moderator if you wish. (we can see your ip anyway)
Actually, scratch that, it's fixed.
Keep getting disconnected from server
I have been repeatedly been disconnected from the server without any contact from any moderator.
Do you have regular internet issues? It would also be helpful if you listened to what was listed in the first post in this thread.
Mac OS X 10.5.8
This is the only browser that my mac supports
About a week ago
Gym Leade® Kolotos
Every couple of days my teams are deleted for a few hours & my avatar is changed, every time I try & change my avatar the lobby reloads & any teams I have built since they stopped working are also deleted.
After a few hours they come back & my avatar is fixed.
I have used the word doc backup system but it's still annoying.
Yes I have the same problem as mew
Next to the red circle it says: error: failed to load resource
Also, other websites work and my internet works fine
1. Windows 7, I believe
2. Google chrome, not sure which version
3. Firefox, opera, IE, same problem.
4. June 5th
6. I'm not able to connect to the main server, at all. I was able to connect when it was in emergency mode, but before and after that I've been unable to connect. When I try I get an "unable to connect" error message. A friend of mine also isn't able to get on the main server. Both of us use fiber-op internet, both of us have had our comps infected by the Mixidj virus (he hasn't bothered to remove it, I have but can't get rid of the "search conduit" thing), and both of us live in the New Brunswick area if that is of any significance. I should also note that for a time I was unable to get on Smogon, around the time PS was in emergency mode, and then I was able to get on the main serv. When emergency mode came off and I could get on Smogon I could no longer connect. I've tried just about everything I can think of, so any suggestions would be welcome.
3.IE same problem
4.about 2 weeks
6.when i get on the main server there are no member online and all i get in the chat is cathy telling me to clear my cache and refresh the page, i did like five times and i have waited 2 weeks, nothing is happening
P.S i can go on all the other servers.
Every time I try to go to showdown it says that I am disconnected
I tried to log in but that did't work to I tried
using safari and firefox and its the same thing
so I thought it was my laptop problem so I used my
brother laptop and the same thing happened
then I tried using the website with http and it didn't work
can anyone tell me the solution
I am unable to login. Each time if I chose any username (even I chose a random one like "ewrqwc31sdg" or "sadfieasoef") I get the message "The name you chose is registered." and I am asked for the password. If I want to login with my real user name "Mari" and type my real password I always get the message "Wrong password."
OS: Gentoo Linux 64 bit, Kernel 3.8.13
Browser: SeaMonkey 2.17
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:20.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/20.0 SeaMonkey/2.17
And I don't use NoScript, or any ad blockers or proxy servers.
Operating system Lubuntu 13.4
(Web Browser) chromium
(Other Browsers?) firefox
(When did this problem start?) today
(PS username) aron304
(Problem) when i try to log in to my account it says i have the wrong password. when i try to make an alternate account it says all of them are taken (nobody has the user56712 as far as i know) i tried this with several account possiblitiies. i never had this issue until the attack on smogon was mentioned
Can the issue be related to commit b4d20a09396c97d2191245a71adc0d49d8354d47?
If I can read code correctly it's just a name filter to see anyone doesn't use explicit/obscene names or impersonate any authority/voice in Showdown. It has nothing to do with password authentication