Technical Support v2 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

im having the same problem as everyone else and it says this in the console Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)

1. Operating system: Currently Windows Vista as my Windows 7 is in the shop
  2. Web Browser (with version, if you know it): Chrome
  3. Have you tried other browsers? If so, which one, and does this problem happen on them as well?: Yes I have also tried Firefox
  4. When did this problem start?: About a week and a half ago
  5. Your PS username: booksmartcherry
  6. And of, course, your problem (include any error messages verbatim. give frequency, etc.): Like many others, I haven't been able to access the main server. I'm not sure if it's because of my school wifi or what as when I attempted on my phone using just 4G, I was able to log in just fine. On my school wifi I tend to get the "can't connect to server" message in red though sometimes it will allow me to log in only to either get through for a short period of time and get the "can't connect to server" message again or instead I get "This server is requesting an invalid login key. This probably means that either you are not connected to a server, or the server is set up incorrectly."
This was happening on my Windows 7 so I thought it was only it, but once it went in the shop I found the problem on my back up laptop so now I'm not sure what it is. Please help if you guys can!

Last edited:
My account is a few months old, however; I cant talk in lobby or any room with room settings set to auto confirmed. Ive refreshed the page many times and even started my browser.

Hey guys, not to push things but I literally cannot play any games on PS no matter what I do, I've tried different computers, online site vs installed client, FF and IE, disabled add ons, internet providers, etc.

It either has to do with the new ads you've guys put up or something else, cause not being able to ladder on suspect tiers/practice for tourneys and such is a real bummer, be glad to receive assistance, thanks.

Operating system: Windows 7
Web Browser (with version, if you know it): Chrome
Have you tried other browsers: I have also tried Fire Fox and the downloadable client. Same issues.
When did this problem start?: 2-3 Weeks ago
Your PS username: Goodfellow
And of, course, your problem (include any error messages verbatim. give frequency, etc.): I have been unable to load/log on to showdown, regardless of what server or room. Sometimes it will tell me that my username is taken when I try to log in with it, but it won't give any response after I put in my password. No error messages.

1. Linux Ubuntu server
  2. Any browser
  3. /
  4. about 15 January 2014
  5. Quik Silver`PM
  6. First problem. When a user click on "Look for a battle", server returns "Connection to ladder server failed; please try again later" error. Port 8000 used by Showdown server is not closed by a firewall, and there is no proxy on it.
    Second problem. (Maybe related to the first one) We should appear on Showdown main web page, but it's not so. Our server is correctly registered and it has more than 36 hours uptime (so .psim.us works).

1. Operating system: Windows 7, 8
  2. Web Browser: Firefox, IE, Chrome
  3. Have you tried other browsers? If so, which one, and does this problem happen on them as well?: Same thing
  4. When did this problem start? A month ago
  5. Your PS username: X5Dragon
  6. And of, course, your problem (include any error messages verbatim. give frequency, etc.):

Can't play, can't chat, can't even PM mods and send love letters, server keeps on disconnecting over and over again. I've resorted to playing matches on PO in the meantime to practice for smog tours, which isn't the same. Speaking of tours, I have absolutely 0 problems there, which leads to the conclusion that the ADs (aids really) are 100% the problem. I've even disabled all my firefox add ons, no use. If a mod can kindly solve my problem that would be great.

Hi, I created a forums account just for this, I've been having some issues using Showdown at all lately. I load up the page and on the right side, where all of the chat rooms would normally be, all it says is "Loading..." I've left it there for an hour+, and it still hasn't done anything. Then I think I'll just try looking for a battle anyway, and when I go to log in, it won't let me. No matter what name I pick, it'll still not register and log me in (it detects if names are already registered too). I would really appreciate the help if someone could give it to me, here is my information:

Browser: Google Chrome.
Other Browsers: Internet Explorer.
Problem Started: About a week ago.
PS! Username: Slurptastic.
Problem: Stated above.

Edit: Here's a screenshot of what my page looks like.
http://prntscr.com/32mr86
Try this https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/ . That works for me. If its not that then i dont know what the problem is.

Hey guys--

1. OSX 10.8.5
  2. Chrome Version 34.0.1847.116
  3. Firefox, same problem
  4. When I tried to install Poke Showdown
  5. Shadow147
  6. When I try to download/install PS (from http://pokemonshowdown.com/autodownload/mac), the download finishes, but every time I try to unzip the archive, Winzip says: "Fatal error: This file appears to be incomplete or it constitutes one disc of a spanned Zip file. Please insert the last disc of the spanned set and try the operation again."
I have downloaded it many times, making sure the download actually finishes (not prematurely), and it's always the same. Any thoughts??

Thanks.

I've been getting the message"You have been disconnected – possibly because the server was restarted." for over a week now, and I'm not sure what the problem is, I can connect to showdown's server off my wifi on my phone and xbox but I can't connect with my desktop that is hooked up to the router via ethernet cable.
Any reason why I wouldn't be able to connect? any settings I could change on my router or computer that might work?

Mikela

Banned deucer.
Operating system: Google Chrome
Have you tried other browsers? Firefox
When did this problem start? This week, after fixing the other problem
Your PS username: Dest¡ny
And of, course, your problem (include any error messages verbatim. give frequency, etc.).

This happens every day, ATLEAST 20 times.

Okay, so, recently I had MULTIPLE problems with Showdown. The first one is fixed, and 1 day after I fixed that, this happens.

Whenever I try to join showdown it takes 5 minutes to load the front page (rooms, teambuilder, look for a battle etc). The loading either fails for me now or just takes 80 refreshes. It will say that I got disconnected. I checked my internet, it's fine. I tried on different browser, it happend again. Is this with Showdown self? Am I the only one experiencing this? Can I fix this somehow?

Please let me know, it's getting on my nerves. ;-;

- Mikela / Dest¡ny

1. Operating system: Windows Eight
  2. Web Browser (with version, if you know it): Google Chrome
  3. Have you tried other browsers? If so, which one, and does this problem happen on them as well?: PS works fine on Firefox
  4. When did this problem start? Friday, April 18
  5. Your PS username: PDYellow
  6. And of, course, your problem (include any error messages verbatim. give frequency, etc.): I cannot click on anything. The only thing that "works" is the find battle button that just refreshes the page.When I click on anything, excluding the mentioned button, nothing happens. I've even tried going the team builder via a url and I can get there, jI just cannot click on any of my teams to edit. Earlier today, I pasted the url with "play." in front of it and it works for a few seconds (long enough for me to C/P my teams into Firefox), but then it stopped working again.

upload_2014-4-30_16-43-1.png

Web Browser: Chrome, but this happens on both installed version and browser version
Have you tried other browsers? If so, which one, and does this problem happen on them as well? Tried Internet Explorer, yes
When did this problem start?: 04/30/14
Your PS username: alastairss
And of, course, your problem: receiving the "couldn't connect to server" message
EDIT: after reading this thread I have tried disabling Avast and turning off the firewall to see if it functions, but still nothing \:

Last edited:

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
View attachment 12747

Web Browser: Chrome, but this happens on both installed version and browser version
Have you tried other browsers? If so, which one, and does this problem happen on them as well? Tried Internet Explorer
When did this problem start?: 04/30/14
Your PS username: alastairss
And of, course, your problem: receiving the "couldn't connect to server" message
EDIT: after reading this thread I have tried disabling Avast and turning off the firewall to see if it functions, but still nothing \:
That's probably because the server's down...

Operating System: Mac OS X
Web Browser: Chrome (But it doesn't work on the app either.)
Other Browsers?: Safari
When did this problem start?: This morning it was working absolutely fine, but after I got home about 5 hours later it wasn't working at all.
PS Username: I'm not registered but I go by Vvenoshock and GulpinTV

Problem: The site comes up immediately but absolutely nothing loads no matter how long I wait. After a few moments a "Couldn't connect to server!" message pops up with the option to retry. Some people say that the site is down but http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ says its just me and the site is up.

I've tried shutting down, restarting, deleting cookies and browser data, putting my internet settings on default, and disabling my firewall. Nothing that I've tried has worked. Chrome, Safari, and the PS App are all doing the same thing.

Darnell

Respected.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Operating System: Mac OS X
Web Browser: Chrome (But it doesn't work on the app either.)
Other Browsers?: Safari
When did this problem start?: This morning it was working absolutely fine, but after I got home about 5 hours later it wasn't working at all.
PS Username: I'm not registered but I go by Vvenoshock and GulpinTV

Problem: The site comes up immediately but absolutely nothing loads no matter how long I wait. After a few moments a "Couldn't connect to server!" message pops up with the option to retry. Some people say that the site is down but http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ says its just me and the site is up.

I've tried shutting down, restarting, deleting cookies and browser data, putting my internet settings on default, and disabling my firewall. Nothing that I've tried has worked. Chrome, Safari, and the PS App are all doing the same thing.

The site is down by the way, I don't think that link is very reliable if it is saying that it is just you. Just wait it out and check back on PS regularly

1. Windows 7
  2. Firefox, Chrome
  3. happens on all browsers
  4. About 5 and a half months ago
  5. Flan76
  6. I am not able to connect to the main server at all, and i've been forced to utilize proxies for about 5 and a half months. The PS page doesn't even show up, there's just an error message stating that the browser cannot connect to the site. My internet works for every site except this one, and i've tried releasing/renewing my ip, but it does not work. The PS client doesnt work either. Idk why i didn't post here sooner, that was pretty dumb. http://i.imgur.com/lC1hruB.png This is a screenshot of the problem.

Last edited:
Please include the following information in your question:
  1. Windows 7
  2. Opera Next
  3. I've tried Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Opera, the downloadable PS thing
  4. The problem started 3 months ago
  5. GoldenNuggets
  6. I can't connect the the main PS server I get this message every time

This is happening again...
  1. Windows 7
  2. Opera Next
  3. I've tried Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Opera, the downloadable PS thing
  5. GoldenNuggets

This is happening again...
  1. Windows 7
  2. Chrome
  3. I've tried Internet Explorer, Opera Next, Opera, the downloadable PS thing
  5. GoldenNuggets

(operating system) windows 7
(web browser) google chrome
(other browsers) haven't tried any others yet
(when problem started) a few minutes ago
(PS username) Spazzy Phoenix
(Problem) whenever i try to log on, i enter my password and it says it's incorrect. i've tried multiple times to log in to no avail, typing very carefully to make sure i didnt misspell anything. I'm assuming it's because i went to do something else without logging out first, but i also think its unlikely. Can anyone help at all?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)