Technical Support v2 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

1. Windows 8 (64 bit)
2. Google Chrome (Version 39.0.2171.95 m)
3. Tried Internet Explorer still didn't work
4. Around Dec 30, 2014
5. rlllam
6. First of all I couldn't open the FAQ so sorry if it's in there. The problem is that I can't connect to PS when I'm at home: I always get the "Couldn't connect to server" error - http://i.imgur.com/YwEtGPq.jpg

I also can't connect to any smogon webpage at home (Using another device atm). I tried the https method but still didn't work. Finally I tried the "download" version but still no hope.

EDIT: I can connect to smogon @ home now but still can't connect to PS.
EDIT2: PS works now somehow, didn't do anything so idk what happened.

Last edited:
1. Windows 7
2. Chrome
3. Tried Firefox, same problem
4. 2 days ago
5. Brandyno
6.btw, how do I put this in a spoiler lol because as you can see, the image is pretty big :) On topic; this problem has been occuring for 2 straight days and I haven't been able to get on showdown D:

Last edited:
1. Windows 7
2. Chrome
3. Tried Firefox, same problem
4. 2 days ago
5. Brandyno
6.btw, how do I put this in a spoiler lol because as you can see, the image is pretty big :) On topic; this problem has been occuring for 2 straight days and I haven't been able to get on showdown D:
exact same problem here glad im not the only one :)

1. Operating system - Windows 7
  2. Web Browser Chrome, the most up to date version (39 I think)
  3. Have you tried other browsers? I tried the client. Same problem.
  4. When did this problem start? A day or two ago.
  5. Your PS username - ReyMysteria
  6. And of, course, your problem - Any time I try to connect to the ladder or any tiers besides Random Battle and Unrated Random Battle it doesn't connect. It just has the "connecting" there and it doesn't go away. But for some reason Random and Unrated Random battles connect fine.

So I still can't connect to browser version, and that goes for smogtours as well, but i found out today, when i went to PS! Servers page, after trying a few, i could connect to ultimate.psim.us, and pokelegends.psim.us, but not the others i tried, including smogtours/pokemon showdown.
Help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Lord Wallace

Hentai Connoiseur
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
  1. Windows 8
  2. Chrome
  3. I've also tried IE and Firefox. Same thing happens.
  4. Today
  5. PS name is candres
  6. Whenever I go on smogtours from a browser the page gets cut off at the top and bottom leaving me to scroll up and down a very small space where the actual simulator is on the page. Looking kind of like this and then staying like that
    smogtours.png

1. Windows 7
2. The downloadable web client
3. The problem isn't an issue with any web browsers, just the client
4. Somewhat recently, past day or so
5. Jeid Bloodlust
6. For some unknown reason, I haven't been able to get the music to work at all recently. I have checked to make sure that no sounds were muted on either smogon through itself and windows, and have tried to change the percentage for music to make it work. I know that the sound is working cause I have heard all the cries that the game has, but I still can't get the music to play. It works fine when I use the application through a web browser, but I would prefer to use the client.
Almost a year later, and I'm still having this exact issue, though I'm on windows 8.1 now. Also Diancie doesn't seem to have an audible cry on my end.

1. Android app
  2. Google chrome
  3. No
  4. Today around 3
  5. xxx6hell6fire6xxx
  6. I keep getting this message today i noticed after school and I literallystarted playing yesterday. IdK what to do and I still want to continue playing
Your IP was banned because of what someone else did. You'll be unbanned at the next restart.

1. Android app
  2. Google chrome
  3. No
  4. Today around 3
  5. xxx6hell6fire6xxx
  6. I keep getting this message today i noticed after school and I literallystarted playing yesterday. IdK what to do and I still want to continue playing
Your IP was banned because of what someone else did. You'll be unbanned at the next restart.
He wasn't banned for being on a public IP. The IP in question was somehow used to flood connections and was banned for potentially attempting to attack the server. It doesn't seem as though this was intentional so I'm not sure why it happened, but the ban will be lifted when the server restarts in a couple of days.

He wasn't banned for being on a public IP. The IP in question was somehow used to flood connections and was banned for potentially attempting to attack the server. It doesn't seem as though this was intentional so I'm not sure why it happened, but the ban will be lifted when the server restarts in a couple of days.

1. Windows
  2. FireFox
  3. Chrome
  4. About a week ago ♫
  5. Risky Chance
  6. http://pokemonshowdown.com/ shows Smogon University as having 0 players online (the other servers have their usual amounts). More importantly, I am unable to connect to ANY server by clicking on the link or typing in the URL directly. The server does not display the usual "unable to connect" prompt with the option to reconnect. Interestingly, I am still able to connect using the desktop client. This post is more an exercise in problem solving rather than a cry for help. Connecting to https://pokemonshowdown.com/ (opposed to http://pokemonshowdown.com/) results in a "Secure Connection Failed" error. Other https sites do not trigger an error.
Obviously, there is nothing wrong with the server here, but I thought this was an interesting bug and was hoping someone could explain why having the wrong date would cause this effect, and why I can still connect on the desktop client.

1. Mac
2. Chrome
3. Firefox, Safari
4. When I first downloaded Pokemon Showdown, a few days ago. I have yet to connect
5. Haven't made one
6. Loads for about 30 seconds then says, "Could not connect to server" every single time I try to get online. I think it may be a problem with my university (UGA) internet because other posters from here seem to have the same problem. If there is a workaround that would be awesome

Old post:
I want to get back into playing Pokemon online after not playing since ShoddyBattle, so I downloaded Pokemon Showdown but it's impossible to connect to the server. I tried downloading the program again and nothing changed - it always gives me a message that I can't connect to the server. I read online about other people here having the same problem - is it a problem with the wifi program that everyone uses blocking me from playing or something? I really have no idea and I want to play really badly but if it doesn't work here that sucks. Thanks for any help

Please include the following information in your question:
  1. Mac
  2. Using the PS app
  3. Never really got notifications from PS on browsers..
  4. After installing the new Yosemite OS x
  5. OtterPower
  6. Usually when I get PM'd or highlighted, a little notification appears on the top-right of my screen. Since installing the Yosemite OS X they haven't been popping up. There's probably something super simple I'm missing out on, but anybody know how to enable the notifications again?

I've been having trouble with the team icons of megas/diancie. I haven't experienced the problem on other devices/found someone with the same problem.
The problem with the icons of megas/diancie is I can't see them, not in battle or teambuilder. I have tried downloading the PS Client but encountered the same problem.

Required info:
1.Windows 8
2.Chrome
3.I've tried Firefox & the same thing happens, just a blank spot.
4.I don't remember the exact date of when it started but I've had it since mid december
5.Snowballin

1. mac
2. Downloadable client
3. have not tried
4. today
5. Yellow Skarmory
6. I can only log on to my main account, and using /nick or logging out and back in on a new account doesn't work. also it says "register" where the change password button should be since it's registered, and i can't click register and register fully. the main part here is, i don't wanna battle on ladder on my main, but i can't change accounts.
EDIT: i can log on to non-registered accounts
EDIT 2: sometimes it doesn't say register but when i'm trying to switch names it says register again and also if i have just logged-on i can switch accounts.
EDIT 3: it's only one account i've been trying (or 2): Yellow Skarmory ALT1. i can get on other names i've registered ok (only tested 1 so far tho)yellow skarmory

Last edited:
System: Mac 10.8.5
Browser: Firefox 35.0.1
Tried other browsers same problem
Like 1-2 Months ago the problem started

PS Username NighthawkL06

Problem is Mega, Primal and Diancie mini sprites do not show up, and it is annoying cuz i forget they have those pokemon

http://imgur.com/r4gDddt

You can see the problem around the Arceus Mini Sprite, I just see a blank space

System: Mac 10.8.5
Browser: Firefox 35.0.1
Tried other browsers same problem
Like 1-2 Months ago the problem started

PS Username NighthawkL06

Problem is Mega, Primal and Diancie mini sprites do not show up, and it is annoying cuz i forget they have those pokemon

http://imgur.com/r4gDddt

You can see the problem around the Arceus Mini Sprite, I just see a blank space
Actually, the problem started November 20th. The hard drive had issues around that time and caused some things to be lost, including some of these mini sprites. This means the problem applies to everyone, not just you and it'll be fixed eventually.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)