Technical Support v2 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

windows 8
chrome version 43.0.2357.81 m
i have used firefox and it worked
problem started about 2 days ago
username kamijihi
the problem is that i cant connect to the server

Since I believe February, I have not been able to sign into my account on Pokémon Showdown. My username is RazorGallade. I try to sign in on my computer, and it doesn't work. I tried it on my parents' computer, and it does let me sign in. If I go on Showdown on my computer, the chat doesn't appear and it just says "Loading." I click "Choose Name," I type in my name, nothing happens. Occasionally it'll ask me for my password, I type in my password, and nothing happens. I know I'm typing in my password correctly since it works on my parents' computer. I have tried clearing my cookies multiple times, but that hasn't worked. Please help!
CAN SOMEONE HELP I REALLY WANT TO GET BACK ON.
FOR WEEKS STILL HAS NOT STOPPED HELP
windows 8
chrome version 43.0.2357.81 m
i have used firefox and it worked
problem started about 2 days ago
username kamijihi
the problem is that i cant connect to the server
Do you use Hola or some other proxy? If so, disable, restart Chrome and try again.

1. Windows
  2. Firefox
  3. Works fine on Internet Explorer.
  4. A few weeks ago, maybe?
  5. I cannot access the damage calculator. Whenever I go to the website, I get the attached message. As far as I am aware, this is the only website this happens on. I tried troubleshooting this myself, but all the solutions I found weren't helpful.

Attachments

1. Windows 7 sp2
  2. Google Chrome both with and without extentions, Opera beta
  3. Everyday starting yesterday
  4. I cannot access Showdown for more then thirty seconds or a minute at a time while using the https verision, the http version doesn't load at all and is stuck on "Loading client"

Sorry if I am in the wrong place, I'm new here and I wanted to log in to Pokemon Showdown.
It is downloaded and installed on my pc but I can not log into Pokemon SHowdown with ths accoutn and password. Do I have to make a seperate one?

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Sorry if I am in the wrong place, I'm new here and I wanted to log in to Pokemon Showdown.
It is downloaded and installed on my pc but I can not log into Pokemon SHowdown with ths accoutn and password. Do I have to make a seperate one?
Pokemon Showdown accounts are not tied in with Smogon, so you must make a seperate one.

1. Mac OSX
  2. Safari Version 7.1
  3. Yes; I've also tried Firefox.
  4. Just now
  5. Hariyanma
  6. It won't let me log in. I'll type in my name, click "Choose Name", and... nothing happens. The chat rooms are still active so apparently this is only happening to me. What's up?

Windows 7
Chrome
Firefox, problem persists.
Today
Eddy Metal
This error is giving me no message.

My problem is choosing my username. I click on the "choose username" button, type in my name, then again click choose name. Normally an additional box opens up for me to enter my password. Starting today the additional box isn't opening, and I remain a guest. I'm not sure what happened, but after a few tries, my teams are now gone. I could at least look at my teams prior to the third or fourth try signing in. my cookies have not been cleared. As I stated earlier, I'm not receiving any error message.

Thanks a bunch for anyone who tries to offer help.

1. Mac OSX
  2. Safari Version 7.1
  4. Just now
  5. Hariyanma
  6. It won't let me log in. I'll type in my name, click "Choose Name", and... nothing happens. The chat rooms are still active so apparently this is only happening to me. What's up?
Okay, I'm a bit relieved. I'm having the same problem. Perhaps some maintenance is going on? At the time I posted my issue I didn't notice any identical problems. When the page refreshed upon my posting I saw yours.

The login server was glitched for about 10 minutes, so it was happening to everyone that wasn't already online. It wouldn't affect your teams though - it was happening to me and mine are still there.

1. Mac OSX
  2. Safari Version 7.1
  4. Just now
  5. Hariyanma
Windows 7
Chrome
Firefox, problem persists.
Today
Eddy Metal
This error is giving me no message.

My problem is choosing my username. I click on the "choose username" button, type in my name, then again click choose name. Normally an additional box opens up for me to enter my password. Starting today the additional box isn't opening, and I remain a guest. I'm not sure what happened, but after a few tries, my teams are now gone. I could at least look at my teams prior to the third or fourth try signing in. my cookies have not been cleared. As I stated earlier, I'm not receiving any error message.

Thanks a bunch for anyone who tries to offer help.
Sorry to read that. Were you guys in main server, in Smogtours, or in another one?

Sorry to read that. Were you guys in main server, in Smogtours, or in another one?
I was in the main server.

Also, quick update: it now seems like my teams won't save at all. I tried to rebuild them last night, but when I revisited the site this morning they were gone again. Whenever I close my browser, my teams just disappear.

fleurdyleurse

nobody,not even the rain,has such small hands
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Windows 7
Chrome; fully updated
Yes; Firefox
10 minutes ago
fleurdyleurse
Unable to log in: there are two scenarios. 1) I choose my name without being asked for a password, or 2) having chosen my name and submitted password but nothing happens.

was in main server; thanks

e: logging in on an alt (elasmortheria) or a fresh account doesn't work either

Linux - Ubuntu
Chrome/Firefox - tried both
last 30mins
Mr.Bliss
Unable to log in and password request only happening sporadically but even when I get to enter my password it does nothing and I stay logged out, tried creating a new name and no luck there either

I have tried dumping my cache and deleting all plug ins and cookies etc

edit:fixed literally right after posted this lol

Operating System- Windows 7
Web browser- Chrome
Other Browsers?- The program thing and internet explorer
When did this start- Today, 6/23/15
PS username- staraptorisbae
Problem- So i enter staraptorisbae for the username thing and it either does nothing or goes to the login screen, when it goes to the login screen, i enter my correct password and nothing happens

Operating System- Windows 7
Web browser- Chrome
Other Browsers?- The program thing and internet explorer
When did this start- Today, 6/23/15
PS username- staraptorisbae
Problem- So i enter staraptorisbae for the username thing and it either does nothing or goes to the login screen, when it goes to the login screen, i enter my correct password and nothing happens
Pretty much exactly the same problem.

WB: Chrome
Other browsers: Chromodo (combination of chrome and comodo antivirus)
Problem start: today
Username: TBL Comrade
Problem: I was going to uninstall showdown and redownload it after I logged off my account and it wouldn't log me back in no matter how many times i closed showdown down and reopened it. There's also an issue that the uninstall.exe file for showdown appears to be corrupted and is preventing me from uninstalling showdown. If anyone has any sort of possible answers to my problem it would be greatly appreciated.

1. Windows 8
2. Chrome
3. I haven't try other browsers, but I don't see how this matters, since my problem has to do with the installed version.
4. I noticed it yesterday (July 10), but I don't know exactly when it started.
5. SYedi13
6. Showdown works fine on the web, but on the installed version, it closes itself out as soon as it is done loading all of the data upon start-up. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but the same thing happened. Here's a video to help explain:

Umm... never mind. Apparently it fixed itself. Strange, last night (7/16) it wasn't working, but now (7/17) it is.

Last edited:
  1. Operating system : Windows 7
  2. Web Browser (with version, if you know it) : Google Chrome
  3. Have you tried other browsers? If so, which one, and does this problem happen on them as well? : Yes.
  4. When did this problem start? : The day I got my new computer (about a week ago)
  5. Your PS username : mariosonicepic123
  6. And of, course, your problem (include any error messages verbatim. give frequency, etc.). Every time I open Pokemon Showdown, it opens normally, but except the screen looks weird and messed up. It looks like this. file:///C:/Users/KEVIN/Pictures/help.PNG And also, when it happens, none of the rooms load up, except at rare occassions.

1. Windows 8.1 / Windows 7
  2. Firefox / Chrome
  3. uh sorry answered this above
  4. I don't remember exactly, a few weeks ago at least, maybe like 2 months max
  5. Tomahawk / monfernoo
  6. I have problems with connecting to ladder quite regularly. I get an error message which I can't replicate at the moment along the lines of "can't connect to ladder - socket hangup". I'll edit in correct version when I encounter this problem again (I do more often than not actually)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)