Technical Support v2 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

MJB

Sup Peeps
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
Browser: IE 9 (I think). I haven't tried others because Chrome refuses to download and I'm reliably informed the latest Firefox is full of cookies. I don't really trust others.
The problem started about 2 days ago
Username: Blades
Problem: Essentially, I can't get on. It loads up until "connecting to login server" and then stops. I've tried with 3 different internet connections, but all result in the same thing.
Ok so internet explorer is most likely the problem here, please try another browser.

I can't think of any reason why chrome would fail to install but firefox is comepletely safe. Cookies are harmless internet files which are very helpfull and every browser uses them. Your teams on PS for instance are saved as cookies.

1. Operating system : Windows 7
  2. (Web Browser): IE9
  3. (Other Browsers?) N/A
  4. (When did this problem start?) Immediately
  5. (PS username) arcanine4thewin
  6. (Problem) teams in team builder not saving
I'm not sure if I'm doing it right but everytime I set my team and click the "save" button it displays my team and IO click onto it. I've tried backup/restore or import and still everytime I log back on my team is erased.

1. Windows 7
2. Waterfox (latest)
3. Tried on Chrome, and the problem went away
4. Started around a week ago
5. eesdesesr
6. Every time I try to go to PS, it stalls on the "connecting to login server" part and doesn't move past it

Windows 7
Google Chrome
I tried Internet Explorer and Firefox, none of them worked
This problem started today
Lightning Dust
I'm stuck at http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/lobby in which is says: If the client is taking a long time to load, try refreshing in a few minutes. If it still doesn't work, Pokemon Showdown may be down for maintenance. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Initializing... DONE
Loading libraries... DONE
Loading client... DONE
Connecting to login server... DONE
Connecting to Showdown server... DONE
Joining Showdown server...

I'm refreshed and tried numerous amount of times, and it's stuck on "Join Showdown server..." Please help! :naughty:

Operating system : Windows 8
(Web Browser): Google Chrome
(Other Browsers?) N/A
(When did this problem start?) 24 hours ago {after copy/pasting a team to team builder}
(PS username) 17cheese14
(Problem) I am unable to connect to the server

Initializing... DONE
Loading client... DONE

1. Firefox 17.01
  2. Windows 7
  3. Chrome and newest IE
  4. 8 PMish pst. This hasn't ever happened to me before
  5. Dante Grimm
  6. Stuck at Connecting to Login Server... Edit: Now it gets to connecting to showdown server then it goes to the disconnect box thingy Edit: problem solved itself Edit: broke again Edit: fixed

For any problem the you have that keeps you from logging on to the server, simply clear your browser history.
The server should allow you back on otherwise.

LilOu

PO poopyhead
  • Windows Vista
  • Chrome version 23.0.1271.97 m (up to date)
  • Tried Safari
  • 3 months ago
  • LilOu
  • When i try to connect i always get this:
Initializing... DONE
Loading client... DONE

You have been disconnected - possibly because the server was restarted.

Now, 4 months ago i couldn't connect to Showdown using Chrome (i received the message above) but i COULD connect with Safari. It was all fine until i decided to play Pokemon Online for a bit. 1 month later i decided to enter PS! because i really like the online simulator but...oops! this annoying message again with both browsers.
I PM'd Zarel and he told me that it could be my Antivirus (AVG), my firewall or maybe i had an IP BAN. I went to a cousin's house and i entered showdown with no problems using my LilOu alt. However, today i returned to my house and i can't connect (i get the message above) and i can't play and i really want to play. Then i turned off my firewall but the problem was still there, i turned off my Antivirus but the problem was still there. So i decided to browse in Smogon to search for a solution and i found this webpage that tells me if the site is down or if it is just me. I got this message: "It's just you. http://pokemonshowdown.com is up." Now, if it is not the antivirus or the firewall, the only answer is an IP BAN. I don't think that i have been IP banned, i want to believe that this is only an error and this will get fine soon.

Ok, now my last resort is this. Please, i want to play showdown and not only be on this forums. I dont want people answering with stupid comments please like "You are fucked", "Just give up" or "lololol you are banned nigga". I want someone that REALLY KNOWS about the topic that can help to SOLVE THIS PROBLEM.

Thanks to you guys and i hope to get this done soon.

EDIT: I pressed F12 when getting the dissconnection message and i got this error that Zarel told in the 1st page to post here.

"Compressed bit must be 0 if no negotiated deflate-frame extension"

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
  • Windows Vista
  • Tried Safari
  • 3 months ago
  • LilOu
Initializing... DONE
Loading client... DONE

Now, 4 months ago i couldn't connect to Showdown using Chrome (i received the message above) but i COULD connect with Safari. It was all fine until i decided to play Pokemon Online for a bit. 1 month later i decided to enter PS! because i really like the online simulator but...oops! this annoying message again with both browsers.
I PM'd Zarel and he told me that it could be my Antivirus (AVG), my firewall or maybe i had an IP BAN. I went to a cousin's house and i entered showdown with no problems using my LilOu alt. However, today i returned to my house and i can't connect (i get the message above) and i can't play and i really want to play. Then i turned off my firewall but the problem was still there, i turned off my Antivirus but the problem was still there. So i decided to browse in Smogon to search for a solution and i found this webpage that tells me if the site is down or if it is just me. I got this message: "It's just you. http://pokemonshowdown.com is up." Now, if it is not the antivirus or the firewall, the only answer is an IP BAN. I don't think that i have been IP banned, i want to believe that this is only an error and this will get fine soon.

Ok, now my last resort is this. Please, i want to play showdown and not only be on this forums. I dont want people answering with stupid comments please like "You are fucked", "Just give up" or "lololol you are banned nigga". I want someone that REALLY KNOWS about the topic that can help to SOLVE THIS PROBLEM.

EDIT: I pressed F12 when getting the dissconnection message and i got this error that Zarel told in the 1st page to post here.

It's not a ban. You don't get that error message with a ban.

There are several other possibilities:

1. your firewall/antivirus is misbehaving, or intentionally interfering with WebSocket traffic
2. your browser is misbehaving, or intentionally interfering with WebSocket traffic
3. your router/ISP is misbehaving, or intentionally interfering with WebSocket traffic

Can you try connecting to this?

http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/~~showdown:80/

LilOu

PO poopyhead
It's not a ban. You don't get that error message with a ban.

There are several other possibilities:

1. your firewall/antivirus is misbehaving, or intentionally interfering with WebSocket traffic
2. your browser is misbehaving, or intentionally interfering with WebSocket traffic
3. your router/ISP is misbehaving, or intentionally interfering with WebSocket traffic

Can you try connecting to this?

http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/~~showdown:80/
"You have been disconnected - possibly because the server was restarted."

Tried to connect there just now, i can't.
Btw, i don't know if this matters but i tried to connect to showdown with my Laptop in my grandfather's house (different modem) and i couldn't. BUT if im using any other computer i CAN so maybe the problem is with my Laptop or something on my Laptop that is interfering with it.

I don't know what to do really :[ this about the Sockets are stuff that i don't know :C

1. Windows 7
2. Chrome
3. Internet Explorer and Firefox; the same thing happened
4. Today
5. DMN
6. It was stuck on "Joining Showdown server..." for like an hour

1. Mac 10.8.2
2. Chrome
3. Chrome and Safari did not work
4. Sunday and Today
5. Username = Oh Dayum
Always stops right here and does not continue.

Edit: All of a sudden, it now works.

PS has been working just fine for me up until this morning. Everytime i enter the site, it says my authentification token was invalid. I normally just put in my username and password and the matter is done with. However, this morning no matter how many times i input my username and password, i immediately get a message stating that my session has expired and am prompted to keep putting in my info. Anyone know what's wrong?

Edit: Issue resolved

1. Mac Version 10.8
2. Safari
3. Firefox
4. Around 10 minutes ago
5. Aquasition
6. Well, It started in an ubers battle, where my foe's ninjask's sprite didn't show up. Next battle, most of my opponent's team didnt show up and it false disconnected. That is to say, from my side it looked like he disconnected, but he somehow put the battle timer on after he "disconnected". I quit and I get the following message from the program app:

Not found

The requested URL /lobby was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

From Safari:
Site Temporarily Unavailable

We apologize for the inconvenience. Please contact the webmaster/ tech support immediately to have them rectify this.
error id: "bad_httpd_conf"

From Firefox:

We apologize for the inconvenience. Please contact the webmaster/ tech support immediately to have them rectify this.

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
1. Mac Version 10.8
2. Safari
3. Firefox
4. Around 10 minutes ago
5. Aquasition
6. Well, It started in an ubers battle, where my foe's ninjask's sprite didn't show up. Next battle, most of my opponent's team didnt show up and it false disconnected. That is to say, from my side it looked like he disconnected, but he somehow put the battle timer on after he "disconnected". I quit and I get the following message from the program app:

Not found

The requested URL /lobby was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

From Safari:

From Firefox:

Happened to me and my friend as well. Site must be down for maintenance or something.

michael

m as in mancy
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
It's currently happening to everyone; just hold tight and we'll get it sorted out as quickly as we can. Hop onto #showdown on SynIRC if you want to ask questions or anything.

WE KNOW PS IS DOWN; NO NEED TO TELL US THAT

1. Windows 8 (64 bit)
2. Google Chrome
3. Not applicable
4. Since the server was restored some days ago
5. Rory
6. Showdown! starts normally and operates normally for an hour or so, but after that time period I receive "Aw, Snap!" errors on every Showdown! page that I have open (it does not transfer to other pages). As listed, this has only been occurring since the server was brought back up a few days ago. It is temporarily resolved after refreshing, but after another hour the same issue occurs.

MJB

Sup Peeps
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
1. Windows 8 (64 bit)
2. Google Chrome
3. Not applicable
4. Since the server was restored some days ago
5. Rory
6. Showdown! starts normally and operates normally for an hour or so, but after that time period I receive "Aw, Snap!" errors on every Showdown! page that I have open (it does not transfer to other pages). As listed, this has only been occurring since the server was brought back up a few days ago. It is temporarily resolved after refreshing, but after another hour the same issue occurs.
Does it do this in the active window, or only those that you are idle in after a while?

• Windows Vista
  • Tried Safari
  • 3 months ago
  • LilOu
Initializing... DONE
Loading client... DONE

I have the same problem on windows 7 for firefox and opera.
Please Help!!

1. Mac OSX 10.6.8
  2. Safari, Mac Download Server
  3. Chrome
  4. Earlier this week, probably Sunday or Saturday
  5. Adam Lambert
  6. I keep getting this screen on PS! when I open it, or when I go to the web server.

Note: Firewall is turned off.

1. Windows 7
2. Firefox
3. I've also tried Chrome, the same problem occurs
4. A couple days ago
5. Zanza
6. Whenever i try to log on to the main showdown server it gets stuck at joining server. I tried turning my web security off but there was no change

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
I'm sorry I forgot, but if the normal play button doesn't work, try this:

play.pokemonshowdown.com/~~showdown:80

it can get around some firewalls.

WARNING: the port 80 version gets around firewalls, but it's also attacked by other firewalls, so only use it if the normal version doesn't work.

1.) Windows 7
2.) Google Chrome version 24.0.1312.56 m (up to date)
3.) Also tried Firefox version 18.0.1
4.) Started about a week ago
5.) SatchmoCCS
6.) For the past week, whenever I try to connect to showdown, i get this:

Initializing... DONE
Loading client... DONE
Connecting to Showdown server...

Happens every single time I try to connect. Problem happens in both Chrome and Firefox. Seems to only be a problem with the smogon server, because I tried some of the other showdown servers and I connected immediately. Idk if it's a technical issue or what. Please help!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)