Technical Support v2 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Operating System: Windows 7
Web browser: Chrome
Have you tried other browsers? Yes
When did this problem start? As far as I know, yesterday
PS username: Weewer
Problem:When I try to "Play Online" it opens up a download and says I need to download a file called "Lobby". This has never happened before.
Happening to me too! Please fix. My friends can play but I can't. I tried everything.

Operating System: Windows 8 and windows 7
Web browser: Opera 12.14
Have you tried other browsers? Yes its fine on IE
When did this problem start? Dont rememeber
PS username: Scorpiopt
Problem: i muted the sound once last month and no matter what i try to get sound back it doest return (erased cache and cookies also changed OS)
anyone?

edit an update :

this is on the error console of opera :

this is also hapening with firefox and chrome
Edit: found a fix going to the control panel and on flash options selected erase all site preferences and now it works

[*]Operating system:windows.7
[*]Web Browser (with version, if you know it) chrome
[*]Have you tried other browsers? If so, which one, and does this problem happen on them as well? firefox
[*]When did this problem start? today
[*]Your PS username: rangers
[*]And of, course, your problem (include any error messages verbatim. give frequency, etc.).

i usually play showdown on my phone and tried it on my moms laptop today (ive played ps on her laptop before). everytime i click play on chrome and firefox it tries to download something. why? i can play fine on my phone n dnt need to download anything

1. Operating system: Windows 7
  2. Web Browser (with version, if you know it): N/A
  3. Have you tried other browsers? If so, which one, and does this problem happen on them as well?: N/A
  4. When did this problem start?: Since I started trying to play about five-ten minutes ago.
  5. Your PS username: Not registered yet, N/A
  6. And of, course, your problem (include any error messages verbatim. give frequency, etc.).: Sweet Christ, how do I download this? I can't find anything on the site that would let me do that.

Operating System: Windows 7
Web browser: Google Chrome
Have you tried other browsers? Both Internet explorer and Firefox
When did this problem start? A long time ago
PS username: OldSpiceDemoman
Problem: I am unable to connect to the Smogon server at my house. I can connect to any other servers properly but the smogon server won't let me connect. If I go to other places such as my school I can connect to it properly, but not at my own house.

I don't believe that I've got any active proxies or firewalls that would cause an issue, but I'm not an expert so I'm not 100% sure to be honest. I posted a picture showing where the issue is arising which will hopefully help.

http://imgur.com/VxG2TtM

Thanks in advance.

Web browser: Chrome
Have you tried any other browsers? Firefox
When did the problem start? About a week ago
PS username: Nutrix
Problem: I'm having the same problem as others, where when I try to connect to Showdown, it gets stuck at "Joining Showdown server..." However, I have also tried connecting with http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/~~showdown:80/lobby, and neither works. I have AVG antivirus, but web security is disabled.

EDIT: With help, the issue was fixed. If you're having this problem, try clearing your cookies/localStorage for *.pokemonshowdown.com; it works. Thanks Cathy and padz.

Operating system: Ubuntu
Web Browser (with version, if you know it): Chromium
Have you tried other browsers? If so, which one, and does this problem happen on them as well? I tried FireFox, but the same thing happened
When did this problem start? Earlier tosay probably, but I experienced it around 4:00 PM EST
Your PS username Darkrai494
And of, course, your problem (include any error messages verbatim. give frequency, etc.). Pokemonshowdown.com just seems to have completely disappeared off the internet. I've tried connecting through google and direct linking, but it's just gone. The reason I'm posting this here is because I can't seem to find anyone else saying anything, or anything saying there would be an update today.

Andrew

beep boop
is a Top Artist Alumnus
I'm having the same problem as darkrai494 in the post above
operating system: windows vista
web browser: google chrome
have you tried other browsers? internet explorer
when did this problem start: 5:40 pm Central
PS username: andrushka
Problem: When I click on Pokemon Showdown, it will not load the page and says that it cannot connect to pokemon showdown

OK, I was wondering what was up. At least it isn't an issue with my computer.

There hasn't been a serious issue with PS in quite some time so I guess we were due.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
Yes, PS is down, I've posted a thread about it. It should be back up shortly.

1. Dell Studio XPS
  2. Google Chrome
  3. I tried Internet Explorer. Same result.
  4. A half-hour ago. I was able to access the simulator earlier this evening.
  5. Sweep
  6. Every time I try to access Pokemon Showdown, I get sent to the credits section of Smogon instead. A direct link to the simulator would be appreciated. If the server is down, that is fine.

1. XP/7
2. Chrome
3. firefox
4. 2 days ago
5. xboy
6. The browser would freeze at 'joining showdown server' at first, so I thought the page could be down... that happened when I tried play.pokemonshowdown.com/lobby..
However, when i try play.pokemonshowdown.com/teambuilder, my teams are there as well as the ladder, it is just the lobby I could not connect to...

1. Operating system: Windows 7
  2. Web Browser (with version, if you know it): N/A
  3. Have you tried other browsers? If so, which one, and does this problem happen on them as well?: N/A
  4. When did this problem start?: Since I started trying to play about five-ten minutes ago.
  5. Your PS username: Not registered yet, N/A
  6. And of, course, your problem (include any error messages verbatim. give frequency, etc.).: Sweet Christ, how do I download this? I can't find anything on the site that would let me do that.
You don't need to download it

i have a mac and i tryed to download the Mac download for Showdown but every time the app opens it says !! i used safari,crome and firefox i can play it online but the downloaded one is not working for some reason!

Site Temporarily Unavailable

We apologize for the inconvenience. Please contact the webmaster/ tech support immediately to have them rectify this.
error id: "bad_httpd_conf"

I have mac osx version 10.7.3, and I have no problems playing pokemon showdown on the site, but when I try to use the downloaded version, which I have deleted and redownloaded many times, I get the error id: "bad_httpd_conf" problem.

1. Mac OS X
  2. Safari
  3. Works in other browsers.
  4. Yesterday
  5. Le Jesus
  6. Everytime I try to log on pokemonshowdown, I always get stuck on Joining Showdown Server... part. I already tried clearing my cookies, but I can't seem to find where the localStorage is. Any suggestions?
Furthermore, it started when I tried importing a team with a wrong syntax.

CAN'T 'JOIN' SHOWDOWN SERVER

1. XP/7
2. Chrome
3. firefox
4. an hour ago
5. xboy
6. The browser freezes at 'joining showdown server' at first, so I thought the page could be down... that happened when I tried play.pokemonshowdown.com/lobby..

However, when I try play.pokemonshowdown.com/teambuilder, my teams are there as well as the ladder, it is just the lobby I could not connect to...

1 OSX 10.7.5
2 Safari/Firefox
3 Those two, same error in both
4 Since 10 minutes ago
5 DGz-Urthor
6 The server isn't down but attempting to navigate to any showdown pages gets the error message
We apologize for the inconvenience. Please contact the webmaster/ tech support immediately to have them rectify this.

1 OSX 10.7.5
2 Safari/Firefox
3 Those two, same error in both
4 Since 10 minutes ago
5 DGz-Urthor
6 The server isn't down but attempting to navigate to any showdown pages gets the error message

Me too
Is the entire website down for anyone. Don't tell me it's another DDS. The error was ' "bad_httpd_conf" '

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)