Technical Support v2 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

I keep Getting this error that reads "You have been disconnected – possibly because the server was restarted." Although when I press reconnect it keeps giving the same error, so I hit cancel and I can build a team but it doesen't look like it saves or anything like that. So I check the chat and it says no one is in it not even me and I cant type or anything also I can "Select" a user name but after I put it in nothing happens and I dont need a password the box just disappears. And im not sure why if anyone could help me I would appreciate it. So maybe to summarize a little bit when i click choose name and I put a name in and click choose name the box closes, and nothing happens and I can't really do anything if someone could help me I would appreciate it Thank You.

Windows 8
Google Chrome
Have no other browser installee
+CherubAgent

Whenever i look for a battle on the ladder i like to go on another tab and do other stuff while it searches. Now however I see the PS! Icon disappear and get replaced with the white sheet of paper icon. I click on the ps tab and it freezes for a couple of seconds, then completely shuts down chrome, closing all tabs. Really really annoying, as I can only imagine that im automatically losing games when this happens.

I've ran into a problem where when I go to log in, a box saying "You can't log in becuase you're banned or the server is configured incorrectly" appears. Have I been banned?

I was wondering why I can get on showdown with my iPad but not my computer. How can I get on it with my computer? Can someone please help?

1. Ubuntu
  2. Google Chrome
  3. Firefox
  4. Earlier today around 1pm
  5. Voltage
  6. Whenever I try to login It does nothing.. Basicly, I would click choose name. Next, I would type in my name (Voltage) Click ok, then it doesnt ask for a password or anything it just disapears! Ive tried every possible way to choose name on both servers and no results. The only think i could think of that might have caused this (Other then server issues, which its not as all of my firends could still log in) is earlier today I was messing with the code for my stylish showdown skin to add custom backgrounds and such. As far as i know i didnt mess with anything else and every other server loads fine.

1. Windows 7
2. Google Chrome
3. Tried it on IE, Firefox, and Opera. All the same thing.
4. At least a month or two ago, it's been a while and I've been trying every other day.
5. Hempesis
6. I can't connect to the Smogon server at all. I can connect to the other ones but every time I try to connect to Smogon it says "Couldn't connect to server! [Retry] [Close]" I'm assuming it's something on my end that's causing it but I have no idea how to go about fixing it. I'm with Bell Aliant DSL in Newfoundland, Canada. I'm not sure if it's a problem with them because my friend who is with Rogers connects fine.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
  1. Ubuntu
  2. Google Chrome
  3. Firefox
  4. Earlier today around 1pm
  5. Voltage
  6. Whenever I try to login It does nothing.. Basicly, I would click choose name. Next, I would type in my name (Voltage) Click ok, then it doesnt ask for a password or anything it just disapears! Ive tried every possible way to choose name on both servers and no results. The only think i could think of that might have caused this (Other then server issues, which its not as all of my firends could still log in) is earlier today I was messing with the code for my stylish showdown skin to add custom backgrounds and such. As far as i know i didnt mess with anything else and every other server loads fine.
Refresh repeatedly. It might take a couple tries, but it works quite well.

1. windows 7
2. chrome 28.0.1500.95
3. no and i dont feel like installing another browser just for showdown
4. today
5. ...thats the issue
6. whenever i click "choose name", it lets me type it in, but it doesnt make me go by that name- i stay as a guest forever

1. Windows XP
2. Chrome and FireFox last version
3. Only this, no others
4. I have 2 problems, one of them since does a pair of weeks (Chrome) and other since does some days (FireFox)
5. Hot N Cold
6. My problem with Chrome is that I cant join into the main with any of my account, just dont work the button "Choose name" a lot of times restarting the server but didnt work :| sometimes work if I first join into firefox showdown main then i can join sometimes into showdown main with Chrome but a lot of times I cant join on main server in any way like now. Btw, if I join in another server on PS anyways dont work on PS main.
With FireFox dont work the "replays" a screen here:

thanks.

edit: solved the problem with Chrome on the main server.

Ok, this is worst lol

Last edited:
Operating system:
Windows 8​
Web Browser (with version, if you know it):
I use Internet Explorer I'm not sure which version.​
Have you tried other browsers? If so, which one, and does this problem happen on them as well?
No I haven't, but I don't think the browser's the issue, since I haven't had this problem with Internet Explorer before.​
When did this problem start?
Yesterday - after I got +3000 on ladder (I'm too lazy to make a screenshot or whatever you guys do for RMT's, sign on and look up my rank if you don't believe me).​
Your PS username:
tst_041​
And of, course, your problem (include any error messages verbatim. give frequency, etc.).
I can't find any ladder matches- I spent twenty minutes waiting for a match with no luck last night, and lost about an hour tonight. I've been clicking the cancel button and reclicking the search for battle button every so often. There are people for me to play against; there's usually 10-15 battles going on at any given time in smogon doubles (the tier I've been having trouble finding games). I was able to get an ou match immediately upon searching for a battle there, so I'm assuming that this isn't an internet problem lol? I'd really appreciate some help.
Thanks in advance,

MJB

Sup Peeps
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
Operating system:
Windows 8​
Web Browser (with version, if you know it):
I use Internet Explorer I'm not sure which version.​
Have you tried other browsers? If so, which one, and does this problem happen on them as well?
No I haven't, but I don't think the browser's the issue, since I haven't had this problem with Internet Explorer before.​
When did this problem start?
Yesterday - after I got +3000 on ladder (I'm too lazy to make a screenshot or whatever you guys do for RMT's, sign on and look up my rank if you don't believe me).​
Your PS username:
tst_041​
And of, course, your problem (include any error messages verbatim. give frequency, etc.).
I can't find any ladder matches- I spent twenty minutes waiting for a match with no luck last night, and lost about an hour tonight. I've been clicking the cancel button and reclicking the search for battle button every so often. There are people for me to play against; there's usually 10-15 battles going on at any given time in smogon doubles (the tier I've been having trouble finding games). I was able to get an ou match immediately upon searching for a battle there, so I'm assuming that this isn't an internet problem lol? I'd really appreciate some help.
Thanks in advance,

firstly don't use internet explorer.

Now for the actual problem, you keep cancelling, the way the search algorithm works is the longer you search, the higher difference in rank it will allow you to be matched, so it other words, don't cancel (or play a more populated tier).

I tried to register my account and it didn't work. I kept on clicking the register button but nothing happened. I had already won 3 rated battles and I pm'd verbatim for help. He said for me to try /register and the message that popped up was that I needed to play a rated battle. Can anybody help?

1. Operating system - Windows 7
  2. Web Browser (with version, if you know it) - Chrome
  3. Have you tried other browsers? If so, which one, and does this problem happen on them as well? - no, I do not have any others
  4. When did this problem start? - this week, after I got back to school. could it be a problem with my university ip address?
  5. Your PS username - fishspeakers
  6. And of, course, your problem (include any error messages verbatim. give frequency, etc.) - I can't log in to Pokemon Showdown. It asks me to fill in my username, but after I enter it nothing happens!

Iminyourcloset

OBJECTION! What do you mean I have a weakness now?!
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
  1. Operating system - Windows 7
  2. Web Browser (with version, if you know it) - Chrome
  3. Have you tried other browsers? If so, which one, and does this problem happen on them as well? - no, I do not have any others
  4. When did this problem start? - this week, after I got back to school. could it be a problem with my university ip address?
  5. Your PS username - fishspeakers
  6. And of, course, your problem (include any error messages verbatim. give frequency, etc.) - I can't log in to Pokemon Showdown. It asks me to fill in my username, but after I enter it nothing happens!
As Arcticblast said, earlier on this page
Arcticblast said:
Refresh repeatedly. It might take a couple tries, but it works quite well.
I've had this problem personally, and it is annoying. What I do is type in my usual name (the one it would automatically log onto; Closet) or try typing in a gibberish ("asdfasdfjfnebna" or something) name I'm sure isn't taken (if you're logging from a computer you've never logged onto before, I suppose) so I wouldn't have to type in a password, so you should be able to just refresh it and have a username, which then is easily changeable.

1. Operating system- Windows 7
  2. Web Browser (with version, if you know it)- Google Chrome
  3. Have you tried other browsers? If so, which one, and does this problem happen on them as well?- Internet Explorer; the problem remains.
  4. When did this problem start?- Yesterday
  5. Your PS username- Morningsun
  6. And of, course, your problem (include any error messages verbatim. give frequency, etc.). - "This server is requesting an invalid login key. This probably means that either the server is set up incorrectly, or you are banned." I have no idea why I would be banned. I almost never participate in the lobby chat, and I haven't done anything wrong. I get past initializing, connecting, etc., and all of the places are loading, including the battle areas.

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
  1. Operating system- Windows 7
  2. Web Browser (with version, if you know it)- Google Chrome
  3. Have you tried other browsers? If so, which one, and does this problem happen on them as well?- Internet Explorer; the problem remains.
  4. When did this problem start?- Yesterday
  5. Your PS username- Morningsun
  6. And of, course, your problem (include any error messages verbatim. give frequency, etc.). - "This server is requesting an invalid login key. This probably means that either the server is set up incorrectly, or you are banned." I have no idea why I would be banned. I almost never participate in the lobby chat, and I haven't done anything wrong. I get past initializing, connecting, etc., and all of the places are loading, including the battle areas.
Your problem is most likely related to this. http://pokemonshowdown.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=921

1. Linux 3.8.13-gentoo
  2. Seamonkey 2.17
  3. Everything works fine with another Seamonkey profile. However it is the profile of root.
  4. Today (I have not played for a time.)
  5. Mari
  6. When I loaded the page (via http), it asked me to chose the username. Every time I tried to chose my username, nothing happened. Everything worked fine with another Seamonkey profile. My teams were still available at this time. I changed the protocol to https and got the message Connection error! (in red letters). I tried to load the page again and it works now (however, only via https). My problem is, that all my teams are away now. Can it be that the browser cache was invalid for some reason?
Edit: Most of the teams are back again. Only recent changes have not been saved.

Only for your reference (I don't know how to delete posts on the new board ...)

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this is the place to post this, but I'm attempting to run PS on my PS Vita web browser and it takes me like 10 tries to log in. I know it's not one of the supported browsers, but once I log in everything works fine. Is there anything that would help?

• Windows 7
  • Chrome
  • Firefox
  • Yesterday. After the server was restarted. i.e. a few moments after No SR tier was introduced
  • xboy
  • I received this message on an attempt to log in, "Your IP is on our abuse list and is permanently banned. If you are using a proxy, stop."

I do not use a proxy server, neither have I spammed or anything. But I use shared IP because of my ISP which could be misidentified as a proxy server.

1. Windows 8
  2. chrome
  3. explorer
  4. about 6:30
  5. will be explained in problem
  6. PS won't download for me. i have a feeling that norton is the reason behind this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)