1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Technical Support (read OP before posting!)

Discussion in 'Pokemon Online' started by Rising_Dusk, May 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nightwolf

nightwolf

Is the server down? Its not on the registry and when I do advanced connection I get this Error while connected to server -- Received error n°0: Connection refused
  2. Antar

Antar
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributor
    Official Data Miner

As of 7pm EST, it's up.

Make sure you have the address right: 74.50.98.226:5048
  3. nightwolf

nightwolf

yeah had the wrong address thank you
  4. Lithium_Catalysis

Lithium_Catalysis

I'm still getting the error, even with the address you posted. Not sure if that's just me, or a global thing.
    I think I'll just have to be patient~
  5. AccidentalGreed

AccidentalGreed "Smogon friends" is an oxymoron.
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon

Smogon is undergoing certain technical difficulties. It'll take some time before it's up and running properly again, so waiting would be the best option.
  6. Lithium_Catalysis

Lithium_Catalysis

Ah, well, in that case, I'll just settle down, build a couple of teams, and listen to the twelfth Smogcast.
    There's no rush.
  7. Antar

Antar
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributor
    Official Data Miner

Yeah, server's down. I assume it's because the hosting people are working on it. There's a pretty serious issue with the terminal server license manager. My wife (who's a sysadmin) says it's a simple fix. We'll see how long it takes the hosting people to figure it out.
  8. pokemonrocks777

pokemonrocks777

anyone know how long it will be until it will be back up
  9. Antar

Antar
    Official Data Miner

I really, really wish I knew. It's all in the hands of the hosting provider. Until they get the terminal server back up and running, I can't remote into the machine to get the PO server back up.
  10. Yamata no Orochi

Yamata no Orochi
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

This better not end up like July 2011. :/
  11. Zane777

Zane777

I hope its up soon =/ i feel like there's no point to PO without smogon server
  12. nightwolf

nightwolf

Figured the server would be up by now since it went down almost 12 hours ago
  13. Blue Kirby

Blue Kirby Never back down.
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL + WCoP Winner

It's back again! There still might be a couple of issues from time to time until we're sorted with our hosting provider as Antar said, but it shouldn't be too much of an inconvenience.
  14. EonADS

EonADS

Ok... apparently Sawsbuck can't be used in RU even though it is in RU... the fuck.
  15. Antar

Antar
    Official Data Miner

What season? Have you tried different seasons?

Just checked the tier file, and the Sawsbucks are listed on the NU banlist (should be RU)
  16. EonADS

EonADS

^ Yeah, I tried every form and it basically gave me the finger each time. It says, and I quote:

(16:13:38) The following pokemons of your team are invalid (ban, level, moveset, item...) in Standard RU, hence you can't choose that tier: Sawsbuck-Autumn.c

Or whatever Sawsbuck form I attempt to use.

EDIT: Never mind, it seems the issue has been fixed.
  17. Antar

Antar
    Official Data Miner

Yeah, there's no pokemon named Sawsbuck-Autumn.c. I assume you just needed to delete it and reamke it.
  18. Oblivion IX

Oblivion IX

Ok, this is a weird one. I logged onto the SU server and found that my points on the ladder were lower than they were yesterday. My account is password protected and I haven't battled since then. Is this a technical difficulty or has somebody figured out my password?
  19. Woodchuck

Woodchuck i am woodchuck
    is a Smogon IRC AOPis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

It's called decay -- if you haven't laddered for some number of hours, your rating gets lower. However, ladder a match or two and the rating will go back up to what it was. This is just to prevent people from getting a high ladder score and then parking it there.
  20. Oblivion IX

Oblivion IX

Ok, thanks for the information.
  21. TM13IceBeam

TM13IceBeam

is the server dead
    i got dc'd half an hour ago and couldn't reconnect
  22. Haunter

Haunter 100% avocado
    is an official Team Rateris a Battle Server Administratoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris an Administratoris a Tutor Alumnus
    Líder máximo

the server is working.
  23. Antar

Antar
    Official Data Miner

As of me posting this, the PO server is down. I emailed chaos. Hopefully someone's working to get it back up.
  24. Flub

Flub

It's currently dead for me.
  25. Antar

Antar
    Official Data Miner

No really?

I understand tl;dr, but that's kind of ridiculous.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)