1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Technical Support (read OP before posting!)

Discussion in 'Pokemon Online' started by Rising_Dusk, May 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PsychoFudge

PsychoFudge

I've downloaded the PO application. When I try to connect to the Pokemon Online battle server I'm asked to enter a password. I do so and I recieve the message "Error while connected to server -- Received error n°1: The remote host closed the connection." Does this mean the server is down?

I'm also not entirely sure if I did the password think correctly. Was I just supposed to make one up or was I supposed to register somewhere?
  2. Lady Salamence

Lady Salamence
    is a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Your name was taken. Try a different one.
  3. Stellar

Stellar
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Orange Islands

If you get that before registering the name you are using it means someone else has registered it. You will have to choose another name.
  4. Scimjara

Scimjara Bert Stare

qft. just so everyone can see this on the second page
  5. DangerMouse

DangerMouse

Hello I cant view the smogon server on Pokemon Online anymore is the server down?
  6. Stellar

Stellar
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a SPL Winner
    Orange Islands

Read the post above yours.
  7. blastoiseboy19

blastoiseboy19

OK, so I downloaded it, and made my teams and everything, but when i try to do anything (find battles, chat, etc.) it does nothing. However, I can still read what other people are saying. I might just uninstall and reinstall it, or use my better desktop instead of this retarded laptop.
  8. relix

relix

I exited the server to try to create another name, but when i tried to go back to my regular username it wouldn't except my password.
  9. ElDynamite

ElDynamite

relix: you may have typed your pwd wrong the first time around.
  10. Baller_King_SAZ

Baller_King_SAZ

Why is it that I get this message?

(17:12:16) Connected to Server!
    Error while connected to server -- Received error n°1: The remote host closed the connection
    (17:12:17) Disconnected from Server!
  11. the interwebs

the interwebs

12. relix

relix

is there a way to create a new one without changing your name
  13. badabing

badabing hevy hangs da hood,,

Alrite this is getting kind of annoying. I've been d/ced three times from this shit server costing me several -20 diffs. So much for reqs...
  14. Fatecrashers

Fatecrashers acta est fabula
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

did this happen recently or something

cos ive been connected for ages now with no d/c

must be just you...
  15. the interwebs

the interwebs

it might be your internet, don't instantly blame the bigger thing.
  16. KYCygni

KYCygni

Hey there. =)
    It's my first time connecting to the Smogon server on Pokemon online, though everytime it comes up with this error:

"Error while connected to server - received error nº5: Connection timed out"

Now, I'm at a bit of a loss since I've added Pokemon Online to my firewall exceptions, I've reinstalled, and I can even join other servers, just not this one. also, google searches don't come up with anything useful.

Does anyone by any chance know how I can fix this? =) Thanks for your patience in helping out a noob.
  17. badabing

badabing hevy hangs da hood,,

yea it was happening at the time I posted. prob was my bad connection :(
  18. Atticus

Atticus Atticus
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnuswon the 10th Official Smogon Tournamentis a SPL Winnerdefeated the Smogon Frontier

im getting the same thing, i didnt even know there was a tech support thread so i made a new topic but this hasnt been addressed in 4 days so it might get some attention at least!
  19. Ninjadolphin

Ninjadolphin

This started happening a really long time ago, but i have been too lazy to do anything about it. The problem is this: i try to go onto the server, but i disconnect. Then when i try again, it says i'm permanently banned. I have no idea how this happened, as i have always followed the rules/ tried my best to follow the rules. One thing that is noteworthy is that i got a new router semi recently, so i think that i may have gotten a new ip address that is already banned. I really have no idea. I would really appreciate if i could get unbanned from the server, and i wouldn't do anything against the rules if unbanned.

EDIT: if this is not the right place to post this, sorry, and it would be nice if someone told me where to post this
  20. Stellar

Stellar
    Orange Islands

It would help if you told us what account you were on when this happened.
  21. Ninjadolphin

Ninjadolphin

the problem is, i dont even remember this happening and i change my name every 5 minutes, so i have no idea.
  22. Stellar

Stellar
    Orange Islands

The account "1001100110" is banned and has the same IP as yours. I've unbanned it. Please do not do anything to get banned in the future.
  23. Ninjadolphin

Ninjadolphin

thank you so much i wont do anything bad
    Edit: it still says i'm banned.
    file:///Users/ben/Desktop/Screen%20shot%202011-06-11%20at%207.15.26%20PM.png
  24. Stellar

Stellar
    Orange Islands

Upload the picture using www.tinypic.com

I have also checked all the alts connected to 1001100110 and none of them are banned. If you can think of any other alts you may have used in the past, please PM me.
  25. Ninjadolphin

Ninjadolphin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)