Technical Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just scary. I am using it for 2 days in a really slow internet lan house, on the same computer everyday. And only today it says that the server might be being restarted. THIS MESSAGE: You have been disconnected - possibly because the server was restarted.
Any solutions??? I waited and the error comes still. I tried Google Chrome and Internet Explorer, none of those actually worked. I am really anxious to come home in a few days and test it on my computer... arghhhh

My problem is that it just says:

"You have been disconnected - possibly because the server was restarted"

Now at first I just chalked it up to my bad luck (it wouldn't be the first time....), but I came on today with the same problem. Is the server actually down, or is my computer just being a jerk?
I have the same problem but i NEVER entered there, i've never played that game, now the only thing i can do is watch videos :'(

I logged on today and i cannot choose a name, im registered under the same name as here but i cannot log in or even choose another name to battle on, my team's are still saved but this is very frustrating.

it says the the server is down; what happened to the alternate/beta server we used a few days ago?
It is in use, but it cannot handle the same user load as the main server. As such, it has crashed multiple times due to far too many people trying to use it, even with a user restriction in place.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
The alternate server is back from when Showdown had significantly less users, and as a result is struggling to keep up.

*Zarel* - Login Status Update?

I have a few questions.

1. When will the Login be back to normal?
2.Are you going to change the format?
3. Why did this happen?
4. Is this a result of the DDOS attack?
Please reply.
Being guest is kind of annoying. ;)

prem

failed abortion
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
it will be back to normal when the server comes back because then it will lag a lot less.
no because the issue is caused by lag
it is a DDoS attack
yes.

When I try to enter the site, it says
Pokemon Showdown is under heavy load.
:(

Please try back in an hour or so; the server will open and close intermittently until we sort out the remaining performance issues.

Is there a reason for this?

When I try to enter the site, it says
Pokemon Showdown is under heavy load.
:(

Please try back in an hour or so; the server will open and close intermittently until we sort out the remaining performance issues.

Is there a reason for this?
Yes. Pokemon Showdown is under heavy load, producing great strain on the server to keep up and not crash.

I don´t know if its the right place to ask but I can´t enter to the server from my Alcatel OT 918, It stop when it says Connecting to the Showdown server... but I can do it normaly from my PC, PS is compatible with Android 2.3.5 right? or maybe I need to install something on my phone. (Mozilla Firefox Android is not compatible with my OT 918 too I was hoping to use it in order to try PS there).

Whenever I try and access PS!, when the 'Connecting to Showdown Server...' thing comes up, the disconnect window appears and when I try to reconnect it happens again (I use Google Chrome)

Hold tight, there are complications with the server at the moment. It's not on your end, so please try to be patient as the devs work hard to bring Showdown! back online.

ETA: Antar has issued a statement, but rest assured that Showdown! won't be going away and that they're doing everything they can to secure a new server. :)

It'll be down until we can move to a new server. Our current host has some very interesting definitions for "DDoS" and "mitigate."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)