1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Teh Sandstorm is Brewing -- Sand Team

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by Powtato, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Powtato

Powtato

First post around here, sorry if I mess something up!

This is my first sand team that I have been using for multiple purposes.

[​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

First off, I got my sand summoner.

[​IMG]
    Tyranitar @ Muscle Band
    Trait: Sand Stream
    Shiny: Yes
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
    Serious Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Aqua Tail
    - Ice Beam
    - Pursuit

This is, like I said, my sand summoner. I take advantage of his multiple type moveset to attempt to at least kill off the other teams opener, hopefully a weather summoner. If I get the chance, I will also set up Stealth Rocks, as they can be useful for the rest of my team. The EV spread works as most/all of my moves are physical moves, with the exception of Ice Beam.

Next up, the commonly known... Yeah.

[​IMG]
    Aron @ Shell Bell
    Trait: Sturdy
    Level: 1
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 SAtk
    Serious Nature
    - Endeavor
    - Head Smash
    - Iron Head
    - Stealth Rock

I believe most of you out there probably know this set, but just incase it is not known, this is a level one Aron that is used in conjunction with the sandstorm to kill. When the opponent attacks, Aron would survive with Sturdy, like a whore. Then, Endeavor is used to bring the opponent to a very low amount of health, which is then KO'd by sandstorm. Shell Bell heals me to max after Endeavor.

Next up, the wall/set up FORETRESS.

[​IMG]
    Forretress @ Leftovers
    Trait: Overcoat
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
    Naughty Nature
    - Toxic Spikes
    - Rapid Spin
    - Volt Switch
    - Earthquake

This is my set up/rapid spinner, who is generally able to tank a few hits as well. As my previous Pok─Śmon has a low amount of health, spikes would break his sturdy and cause it to fail. This is where this guy comes in, who can rapid spin, and attempt to take out the opponent set up person. I chose toxic spikes over regular spikes as if the opponent is somehow able to survive endeavor + sandstorm (immune to sandstorm, etc), toxic would eventually do more and more damage and hope to kill, even if the opponent heals.

Next up, the Iron Fist Puncher:

[​IMG]
    Infernape @ Life Orb
    Trait: Iron Fist
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SAtk
    Hasty Nature
    - Flare Blitz
    - Mach Punch
    - ThunderPunch
    - Grass Knot

Well. This one is not immune to sandstorm, and Life Orb makes it short lived. I generally use him to revenge kill/to quickly get rid of an opponent who can potentially be a big threat to my team. It's like to bring an opponent down with me, such as a weather summoner or a tank. The move variety is to generally counter as many types as I can.

The annoying/dangerous shell:

[​IMG]
    Cloyster @ White Herb
    Trait: Skill Link
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 Def
    Naughty Nature
    - Shell Smash
    - Icicle Spear
    - Razor Shell
    - Rock Blast

Niether is this one particularly resistant to sandstorm (>.>), but he is used as normal, to counter certain other pokemon if my infernape fails to do so. He can generally tank quite a few hits, and hopefully kill before dying.

Finally, my backup summoner.

[​IMG]
    Hippowdon @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sand Stream
    EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk
    Impish Nature
    - Toxic
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - Whirlwind

This guy is a massive tank, able to take on many hits from 2x effective types, as well used as a backup summoner, incase my main weather summoner/opener (Tyranitar) dies, and the opponent summons another weather, say with Politoed (Drizzle) or Ninetales (Drought). He is generally able to take down an opponent, if not more.

Thanks to anyone who reads this, and I hope I can benefit from this! :P

ANYWAY, hope to see y'all around in PS or anywhere else.

Powtato
  2. vyomov

vyomov

Fighting types?

If you notice, three of your pokemon are weak to fighting(cloyster, tyranitar and aron) and none of your pokemon resist fighting. Check with ground: three pokemon are weak(aron, tyranitar and infernape) and none resist. Based on this, I think the team needs a flying type like Skarmory urgently. Also, take out Aron(the set is a gimmick because any entry hazards will ensure the strategy is lost).
    Also, don't you need a rapid spinner???
    I would say ditch Cloyster for Starmie and Aron for Skarmory.
    Other than that, seems quite good :)
  3. Powtato

Powtato

Uhhh. My foretress is the Rapid Spinner? :P Anyway, thanks for the feedback. I'll probably get rid of my Cloyster and replace it with like you said, the Starmie/Skyarmory.

Thanks,

Powtato
  4. bigbear

bigbear

Your team has one fatal flaw, infernape. Once infernape is defeated your team is vulnerable to grass types. This is terrible as any sun sweeper like sawsbuck, venusaur or lilligant owns it. I recommend switching infernape out for a latios as this is a good pokemon to clean up cloyster and aron's work. cloyster is should also be replaced by starmie, tentecruel or rotom w. These are all options. Tentecruel provides toxic spikes and rapid spin. Starmie is rapid spin and sweeping support. rotom w hits with electric attacks, access to burn and good defenses.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)