Tell me your alt! Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me start off by saying this is completely voluntary.

I'm trying to come up with some methods of determining what the typical "competitive" player looks like on PS. So who counts as a "competitive" player? Basically, anyone who's a member of Smogon counts and who reads this forum counts, I think, because it means you care enough about teambuilding to use this site as a resource.

To that end, I'm going to do an extremely unscientific study by asking users to voluntarily report their PS alts. I promise your answers will be kept confidential, and I will delete all responses once I'm done with my analysis.

So if you care about making the stats better, take a minute to fill out the form. Thanks to all of you, in advance.

Click me plz?

Mowtom

I'm truly still meta, enjoy this acronym!
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
What happens when we make a new alt? Do we fill out the form again with all if our alts? Just the new one?

I don't really have any clean alts anymore, so I hope the one I submitted is fine.

Anyways, maybe you should put this in the OU section or something as well if you want more activity.

I haven't done much serious laddering since past resets, but w/e my bwnu ladders are there ^_^, Submitted! Hope it helps :]

SoulMuse, I'm going to use it for something, but only if I get a large enough sample. I don't even have 200 alts yet. Individual alts will remain anonymous--it's only the aggregate that I'm interested in.

Last edited:

Disaster Area

formerly Piexplode
I've only ladder on Piexplode and portugalese
I've never laddered seriously and it's been a while (but after reset) that I've laddered and I'm only a competitive player in ubers. I laddered more seriously with portugalese, with Piexplode I played a notable portion with uncompetitive teams (monobug, eeveelutions, etc.) (my W/L is still like 99/54 or something like that though)
Willing to help (though I only really do competitive battling in tournaments)

Not sure if these had to be cleaner or used, so I just put the one I've used the most for whatever and the new ladder alt I'm working on now. Hope it helps!

Disaster Area

formerly Piexplode
Antar a way to get larger amounts of people who fit this; in Ubers we're having a laddering challenge. Anyone beginning with UXQ is a part of the challenge. Tbh looking at the thread I'd call most of the players who's joined are legit players. If you took like the top 90% of those you can gather information from you'll probably have a really solid sample in ubers of the rankings of good players.

Piexplode, of course, Ubers is probably the tier where this matters least, since usage in it has no bearing whatsoever on tiering (not even the possibility of an unofficial UU banlist). But thanks for the thought.

Disaster Area

formerly Piexplode
It's still relevant for the sake of seeing what sort of ranking the 'good' players obtain, in spite of having no impact on tiering. :) I'm aware lol

Disaster Area

formerly Piexplode
Do they operate with the same tag?

Note that the Ubers one has been really popular.. we've had like 30 people with the tag on at once before lol. That's like half the room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)