1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Click here to ensure that you never miss a new SmogonU video upload!

Data Tell me your alt! Please?

Discussion in 'Smogon Metagames' started by Antar, May 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Disaster Area

Disaster Area formerly Piexplode

What do you mean?
  2. Antar

Antar
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributor
    Official Data Miner

Piexplode, are Smogon people the only ones participating? Or are other random Showdown people joining in?
  3. Disaster Area

Disaster Area formerly Piexplode

You have to sign up in a thread, but it's being posted about in the room. So I guess the answer is yes, but probably a few people who don't visit the forums otherwise will have joined.
    Antar likes this.
  4. Swamp Link

Swamp Link Yum
    is a Contributor Alumnus

Yeah, you have to make a post on the forums in order to join. Some of the accounts on the forums will have been made just to sign up for it, but at any rate, it's all people that are making a conscious effort to ladder, so it would probably help. I suppose it's possible that people just see the LTI people on Showdown and make their own account like that, but I doubt there's many, if any at all.
    Disaster Area likes this.
  5. Stratos

Stratos Banned deucer.

Should we submit alts that we *have* but don't often use? I don't think most of my alts are even registered on any ladders, but i nabbed them in case i would ever want them
  6. Antar

Antar
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributor
    Official Data Miner

Pwnemon, preferably I want heavily used alts.
  7. sparktrain

sparktrain
    is a member of the Site Staffis a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Just added in my most used laddering alts, this analysis seems pretty interesting. Is there a certain sample size you're shooting for?
  8. Antar

Antar
    Official Data Miner

BlueLobster and Disaster Area like this.
  9. Pocket

Pocket playing 100%
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Well I'll be laddering hard on my alt "LT Pocket" for Doubles Ladder Tournament :o
    Lord Alphose and Disaster Area like this.
  10. Gr3gory

Gr3gory

My alt as it stands is Hagel's Cat
  11. Eden's Embrace

Eden's Embrace March comes in like a lion
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

my alt is SunnyR
  12. Antar

Antar
    Official Data Miner

Thanks, everyone, for volunteering their alts, but you really don't need to post--just fill out the form.
    Tokyo Tom likes this.
  13. BlueLobster

BlueLobster formerly s0me1 b0red

I have an alt at a reasonably low ladder rank as I've just started it, is it of any use or should I wait until I get somewhere decent before submitting it?
  14. Pent

Pent h
    is an Artist

Submitted, but my main account is the one where i keep my ladder stuffys :O3
  15. SparksBlade

SparksBlade
    is a Pre-Contributor

i guess you're still collecting, so i submitted.
    if you get a large sample, will we see the result? and about how far are you from getting a sufficient amount?
  16. Kink

Kink www.soundcloud.com/keylontix
    is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    UU Tour Champion

17. Grains of Salt

Grains of Salt

I use Alljokesaside as my main account and I used to use Jernmax, my first account. AllJokesAside is better tho
  18. Martin

Martin Like the hole in a doughnut
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Live Chat Contributor

So are you going to release the data from the study at any point (obviously anonymously) or is this just a personal thing of yours Antar?
  19. Floppy

Floppy
    is a Pre-Contributor

Tagging Style in case she might be interested...in giving back to the community.
  20. WreckDra

WreckDra He came home from the war with a party in his head...
    is a Contributor Alumnus

Antar , was Glicko R lost in the big harddrive faliure like everything else? This would be a massive data loss from my main that I posted awhile ago so I thought I would ask.
    blacktarheroin69 likes this.
  21. Antar

Antar
    Official Data Miner

I'm closing this thread. I got the data I needed out of this project a while ago. Thanks for everyone who contributed. WreckDra, yes, everything was lost.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)