Data Temporary Leaves of Absence

Going out of town for a family reunion/vacation/trip to the farms :D

Would not be able to visit smogon at all for a couple of days and then limited activity till 8th December.
Please don't DQ me in battles and you can seek a subref if you would like to. Cheers n_n

zarator Rediamond Maxim and anyone else I have missed.

I am finding that I have a few big tasks that need doing, and I can't put them off much longer. I would like a little extra time to get these done, and I should be able to resume my tasks here sometime Tuesday, or Thursday at the latest.

Sorry about this.

I'm moving and the new place won't have WiFi for a while. Please pester me when I'm up to post as I can't check as often.

Update to my LoA: turns out my charger missing wasn't my only problem. My computer's battery/motherboard (not sure which atm) is fucking up, and the computer wont turn on at all. With that and finals, it's pretyy safe to say I'm not going to posting in almost anything for about a week and a half-two weeks. It'd be great if you don't DQ me in anything I'm battling in and I'll try my best to post in gym matches sorta on time, but if I'm reffing something of yours and you're impatient, you might cinsider gettinga subref.

UPDATE TO THE UPDATE: Technician came and fixed my laptop so uh some activity but not much

Last edited:
Heya, finals week is coming. Thing is, my computer has...distracted me far more than it should most of this semester. Because of that, I'm banning internet access (well, for recreation anyway) to myself after Sunday, which will happen until Friday Evening.

So basically, I will not be around to post stuff from Monday to Friday/Saturday.

Geodude6

Look at my shiny CT!
Studying for finals; will still be here so this is a "low activity" post if anything.

EDIT: Ah, fuck it. Who cares about exams anyway.

Last edited:
Yet again I thought I would be back, and yet things still haven't gotten better. At this point I think with everything going on at home, this will be a permanent resignation from ASB. Recent events have forced me and I really wish this weren't the case. Because this may be my last post for a fair while, I would like to thank a couple people for the good times I've had here.

Dogfish44, thanks for everything you've done in ASB. In my time here you were one of the main contributors to the game and I really appreciate that. I wish we could've redone that gym battle because that was one of the most fun matches I've had!!

Its_A_Random, you, like dogfish have probably been one of the biggest contributors to the game during my time here. I wish our gym battle could've gone on and I wish I wasn't leaving you alone for LLAMA, but I'm sure you'll do great running it regardless!

Frosty, I would first like to thank you for being my amazing raid partner and ASBuddies partner even with all my negativity and secondly would like to apologize for leaving so suddenly without notice. Also I know this sounds really cheesy, but you actually have helped me with self esteem issues in real life, and I cannot thank you enough for that.

Leethoof, you have been a great friend to me during the times at which we were both active. I really enjoy talking to you and I hope that you are successful on your endeavors for flying gym!!

akela, although we may have had a few disagreements in your beginnings of ASB, I cannot thank you enough for what you've done to the approval system. I hope rock gym goes well and I hope that everything else does too!

Avnomke, you too have been a great friend in ASB, I hope everything goes well on your gym endeavors and you can get that Lati in the end!!

tavok, while you haven't been as active lately, I will never forget the support you showed me when I thought I was down and out on several occasions. You are such a nice person and I hope that everything goes well for you!

GemOftheDay, from Canadian to (honorary) Canadian I must thank you for all the smiles you bring to ASB, you're so upbeat and it never ceases to bring a smile to my face.

Finally Matezoide, thank you for everything you've done over the past 3ish years. You were a really good competitor whenever we battled, but more importantly an amazing friend whenever I needed one. I didn't think I could make such a close friend over the internet when I first joined Smogon, but thank you for being one. I think now's a good time to hand over Niki to an owner that I'm sure will take as much care of her as I tried to :D

Also thanks to Birkal, Canis Majoris, Maxim, waterwarrior, deadfox081, Eternal Drifter, zarator, S0L1D G0LD, Rediamond, Gerard, Pwnemon, Texas Cloverleaf, Elevator Music, AOPSUser, The Wanderer, ZhengTann for also making my time here so enjoyable.

Thank you also to anyone I may have forgotten on this list, ASB has truly been lots of fun to participate in :D

I'd like to make one last apology for my abrupt exit, and I wish I didn't have to, but I hope that you guys enjoy the rest of your time here and have as much fun as I did

EDIT: If anyone would like an explanation, Avnomke, Gold, Rainman, WoC and a few others were on when I told people. If you are curious I've asked them to tell people as I'd rather not post it on here :(

Last edited:
Sorry to everyone who is waiting for me: school is being kind of harsh these days. Vacations start next Friday, so I'll catch up with everything that weekend.
Expect no activity from me until next weekend, except for akela's pike, in which I'm extremely late already: will ref that later today.

Also, Sub :'(

Last edited:

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Taking a self-imposed break until...uh....thursday. Seems about right for now. Thursday I will try to resume stuff.

I will order on stuff (half-assedly except for raid), but I won't ref anything. Also if you tag me here or !msg me on irc you go automatically to the bottom of the queue <3.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
Quick post that like most people, family obligations for today, and I'll probably have an headache tomorrow morning, so I'm away for about 24 hours as of now.

Canis Majoris and Frosty, I'll probably order in SICK around then, ditto our 4v4 Frosty. I think I'm ok elsewhere ¬¬'

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)