Data Temporary Leaves of Absence

I'm bad at timezone-date stuff but starting Tuesday, August 2 (Philippine/Malaysian/Singaporean/West Australian time/GMT+8 I think), Imma be off to go camping with friends, till Friday same week.

(On a side note, idk if it's considred 'camping'. Technically we sleeping in a villa. But technically we're near nature, and the villa has a farm. And there's a bonfire... well if you could the virtual ones. But whatever~)
Update: We're going earlier, starting tomorrow till Friday. I'll try to squeeze a quick order and ref between Monday and Tuesday because those'll be my last, albeit limited access to internet for the week.

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Running low on motivation. Please bare with me. Looking specifically to 202s who don't get the option of DQing me -_-. The others can push the DQ button if they want to tho.

I will try to get everything done by the end of the week. Tourneys will get priority because I don't wanna get DQ'd on them. But aside from them I can't make any promises.

Not an immediate LoA but just in case I'm unable to post: I'll be moving between this week and next. Don't have a date yet but I'll have to be over there by the 8th. If I'm late on things around that time, please be patient.

So this Friday and Saturday, I'll be going on a mini-trip, and will only have my phone for internet (well, maybe my 3DS but I never use that for browsing). As such I'll be slower than normal, although I'm not expecting anything in particular to be slower, aside from maybe a thread I recently necro-bumped. Just thought I'd let you all know in advance.

(I didn't want to have to post here again, but I need to be doing so yet again.)

I am feeling ill as of a few days ago. On top of this, I will be out of town (with limited internet) from this Saturday until the following one. So, I will only be checking ASB every third day, or so.

Frosty Dogfish44

I am sorry if it seems like I am spamming LoA's, but I am truly unfit to be posting for a little while, and thus need to post this. If I am writing semi-incoherently, now you know why.

hirc~
2011 was a long time ago. Little high school me was delighted to find this cool new in-depth way of playing Pokemon, and it just so happened to be on the same website I copied movesets from. How convenient! I never could have expected how invested I'd become in our little corner of the internet, or that I'd discover the most wonderful community in endless hours of chatting on #capasb. Little did I know how many hours I'd happily spend spamming flashmatches, typing up pointless flavor text, running calcs and obsessing over tournament orders, or just talking about life with y'all.

Of course, the first thing that caught me about ASB was the game system itself. It is just incredibly well-done, heads and shoulders above all other ASBs and cartridge Pokemon, and really unlike anything I've ever played before or since. Even today, I still think its the third best game of all time, behind only mtg and baseball. It appeals to the newbies, drawing them with promises of using their favorite Pokemon successfully, even if it happens to be something dopey like Bastiodon. It appeals to the vet, keeping them hooked with an incredibly deep metagame and a sky high skill ceiling. It appeals to flavorfiends like myself, with its open RP system, and it appeals to the competitive player with tight, calculable mechanics. Although we've all made our own little mark on the game, we have one person to thank above else for this. My first shoutout goes straight to the designer himself, Deck Knight. I can't thank you enough for creating this game and subforum, and I have high hopes for your creation to continue on as long as smogon itself does.

If anything is gonna keep the game going, it will be our amazingly competent leadership teams and councils, past and current and future. We've struck an amazing balance of having the right people in power and making it possible for anyone to contribute, and it really just makes me so happy that everyone in ASB helps refine the system, even if it something as simple as pointing out a numerical error in the NDA. In addition, ASB depends just as much on everyone who works their asses off on running a large-scale RP. Of course, some among us have put in so much more effort, and this is where my next batch of shoutouts come in. Without all of you who work a lot harder than me, who knows how successful ASB would be? A big fat thanks to Dogfish44 , Its_A_Random , deadfox081 , Objection , Birkal , Texas Cloverleaf , zarator , Elevator Music , Maxim , Rainman Legends , Engineer Pikachu , SubwayJ , akela , and everyone else who has done more than expected to keep the game running as smoothly as it does.

After a while, though, I realized that I definitely stopped coming around for the game alone. There were dozens and dozens of times I'd jump on irc and not complete a single ASB related task (much to the chagrin of whoever I was reffing at the time :p ). And that's what is really hard to give up about ASB: all of you reading this right now. We're all a bunch of nerds among nerds here, and as a very socially anxious person, it was so nice to find a tight-knit community of people on the same wavelength as me, where talking was made easy by sweet anonymity. The last five years have been a very weird time, as I'm sure many of you can relate, and even when real life was lonely or frustrating or just too much to handle, at any hour of the night (hurrah global community), someone would be there on irc to talk. Mostly not about real life, because hey, that can be stressful and probably too personal, but at least some good 'ol theorymonning can take your mind off of things. And boy, did it take my mind off of a lot. Especially in my cold year stuck in Siberia, what precious little internet time I got was spent on ASB, and since my emotional state out there was kind of like reheated spaghetti that's not really warm enough to eat, I savored every moment chatting on#capasb. Y'all even gave me a nice little 'practice audience' for coming out, which certainly made it a helluva lot easier in real life, and I love you so much for unintentionally helping me out with that whole ordeal. Whether I was fucked up out of my mind or just utterly emotionally drained or feeling just fine, you were there. I don't know how well this paragraph conveyed this, but what I'm trying to tell you is that I love you all so very very much, and I really do appreciate all the time we've spent talking.

But now its 2016. I'm a real-life adult, and I'm either working or studying full-time, neither of which leaves a whole lot of free time in the first place. Either partially or mostly thanks to you, I've finally crawled out of my shell, so I've got quite a few social obligations now as well. In the understatement of the century, I've never been super timely in ASB, but now its just becoming impossible to keep up, and getting sucked in again is just harmful to other areas of my life in terms of time spent. I feel like I'm hitting a new stage in my life, and one where unfortunately ASB doesn't have a place. So, I've just got no choice but to leave. I'll miss you all so much, and certainly never forget you, and the wonderful effect you've had on my life.

To the flavor crew, Rediamond and The Wanderer and Eternal Drifter and Avnomke and Ragnarokalex and anyone who ever signed up for an adventure battle or one of rediamond's whacky RPs. Keep fighting the good fight (or if you've left, thanks for all your fight in the good fight)! Fluff is an important part of ASB, even if its not involved in everything, and I really love all of your enthusiasm in trying to make it happen! I'm glad you all were there to bounce ideas off of and indulge my fun stories.

To all the people who started being involved as I started being (more) inactive (than usual), jayelt413 and FMD and Lucy Heartfillia and Exclaimer and Ooraloo and Toon and more because I am inactive so I don't know everyone from this time, wish we could have gotten to know each other better! Keep up the enthusiasm, never post within dq, and do your best to keep the community going strong!

To all the newbies, stick with it. You'll get more out of ASB than you ever could have imagined, and you won't regret it except maybe when you forget to do your homework, and even then only a little bit.

~~~~~~~~~~
To pwnemon, that goof who made it really difficult to tag because a) he changed his name for some reason and b) he got banned: really digged our awkward bonding over that super uncomfortable convo in irc 4 years ago, but thats only the start. I've always enjoyed talking with you, you speak your mind and your sass levels are through the roof. You're also way better than me at this game, while still managing to be as inactive as me, so I'm super jealous for that <3
To smashlloyd20 , you are a wonderful constant part of irc to me. As one of the few remaining players who started before me, you helped introduce me to the game, and always say hi and talk a bit on irc whenever we happen to be online together. I love that, just a nice little greeting can really mean a lot. You're so persistent as well, takes a lot to be as regularly involved as you, and I really admire how you stick with it <3
To Elevator Music , my ASBuddies buddy, thanks for all the time you've put into being a superref, and for also taking the metagame to the next level with how well you play. I appreciate how easily you can direct irc convo to irl stuff with work and school complaints, it really helps liven up the place and make it feel even more like a community than just a flashmatch-finder <3
To ZhengTann , the emperor of ASB, you are a policy god. A great mediator and a great designer in one, a very uncommon package. As an extra bonus, you're also a bunch of fun to talk to at any time, I just really love what you've done for the community. Hope you're ready to be squishysmushed in your gym <3
To Frosty , the one person who dealt with my DQy wishy washy inactive shit the most, thanks for not giving up, and continuing to give me chances, even though I continued to screw up. Thanks for being a super ref, and a policy machine, and an RP machine, and for just about everything you do for ASB. You put in just so much work on a hectic schedule, and ASB is far better off because of it. On top of all that, you're always around on irc for a chat and some fun theorymonning <3
To LouisCyphre , my fellow harbinger, thanks for the effort you put into ASB. I remember when you joined, and how quickly you managed to take both gameplay and flavor to the next level. It was just astonishing how well you took to the game. Even more important, talking with you on irc was always a bunch of fun, we missed you so much and were so worried when you were gone! <3
To Matezoide , the only hipper hipdipper than me, thanks for being such a fun guy all the time. Ready to swap between ASB talk and jokes and linking goofy pictures and videos, you always brighten up irc when you log in. Thanks a bunch man! <33
To Glacier Knight , I know I missed you by just a couple of months on your way out. You've been a true friend and helped get through quite a lot. Stay strong, girl, you can do this. Keep in touch~ <33

~~~~~~~~~~

I'm definitely just rambling at this point, but I get this funny feeling I'm not the only one who feels they have a connection like this to our lovely CAP ASB. I'll be on irc off and on the next few months until I smush zt in the rock gym, so feel free to hit me up and talk about whatever.

Love you all, thanks for everything,
Leethoof

birc~<3

Frosty

=_=
dead from now until sunday. I have classes until late night today and tommorow I'll be busy managing a course in the morning, working in the afternoon and collapsing at night.

Sunday should be ok. Not as active as some other instances (it has been a while ever since I did a tlr spree...), but I should be able to address the more urgent stuff.

Frosty

=_=
I am deeply sorry for all the delays on my behalf. Talking specifically about all 202s (Mowtom , jayelt413 , smashlloyd20 , Dogfish44 , Texas Cloverleaf , @ others I've forgotten), as well as the dragon gym match (deadfox081 , ZhengTann ). This week was a bit hectic and very tiresome, which made me lack will and free time. Usually I don't manage to get both to work together at the same time, hence the dreadful posting here.

I should deal with everything today. But feel free to DQ me if I don't. Either way to make it sure: I don't intend to drop any of the matches above. Or any for that matter. The tendency is that my time gets progressively better, although maybe not as fast as I'd want.

In other news, I will enter a tiny LoA from today 16h (4h and a half from now) until Sunday. Looking specifically at Texas Cloverleaf (AOT) and YellowAdminSilver (Gym). If I don't manage to order today, I request that you please wait until Sunday as I will get to it then.

Thanks.

JJayyFeather

Drifting~
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Didnt think I was going to need this, but move in and stuff is this weekend, and it appears I'm going to be busy. As such, I will need 36h to get everything under control.

EDIT: This is now done, everything went smooth, thanks for patience.

Last edited:

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I'm moving across the state next week, so I'm spending a lot of time packing and cleaning. If I am getting close to DQ or you need me to post somewhere, please alert me! I should be keeping up with most of it, but something may slip with all of this going on. Some leniency would be appreciated.

Was pretty busy this weekend, will ref stuff within this week. Most probably on Wednesday or Thursday. Also putting up a 'I will be busy LOA' for the rest of the month. (i.e extn of 24 hours on posts pls)

Mowtom

I'm truly still meta, enjoy this acronym!
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Starting tomorrow I'll be gone for six days, I can probably order in stuff but it will be slow so please don't DQ me

Frosty

=_=
I will be virtually dead tommorow and sunday. I will deal with what I can today. But after today, don't expect much. Or anything at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)