1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Tentacruel

Discussion in 'Locked / Outdated Analyses' started by Easer93, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Easer93

Easer93

I am confused about tentacruel in the basic explanation it says he gets a 12.5% return per turn , this is not the return form rain dance, the only number matching it is the number from if I were to trick Black Sludge onto someone. What is this number??

Also It recomends Def Evs, however I already have a mixed wall and either steelix or skamory , depending on how i balance spikes, toxic spikes, roar, and Srock on my team, So i want a blissey-eque special wall how should I ev it for that , so that It still takes SOME phsy. attacks

Thank you very much
  2. Easer93

Easer93

also why does it say to give him a 29 hp ev and steelix a 1 speed ev? eh?
  3. Trinitrotoluene

Trinitrotoluene just one second
    is a Tutoris a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnus
    Mentor

This is the wrong forum to post this question in, but for the sake of clarity, I'll explain the 12.5% recovery found in the basic explanation. The 12.5% recovery each turn mentioned by the Tentacruel analysis factors in both Rain Dish and Leftovers / Black Sludge. Rain Dish alone gives 6.25% recovery each turn in the rain, as mentioned by pokemon0078. EV questions should be redirected to the SQSA megathread in the Overused subforum. Hope this helps. Welcome to Smogon!
  4. Jukain

Jukain .leaf
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor

no, rain dish restores 1/16, 6.25%, and leftovers restores 1/16, 6.25%. 6.25% + 6.25% = 12.5%. in any case, you should post in the small objective changes thread next time, as new threads are not to be made for this stuff.

a specially defensive spread is mentioned in additional comments.

welcome to smogon!
  5. Easer93

Easer93

where can i ask about steelixs 1 spe iv and this ones 29 sped iv?
  6. AccidentalGreed

AccidentalGreed HOMERUN, CABRONES
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)