1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Completed Terrador# v Banryu [ref=HD_AFK]

Discussion in 'ASB' started by HD, May 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HD

HD

Terrador
    Show Hide
    Dragonair [Opus] [Male]
    Nature: Hasty (+ Spd - SDef)

Type: Dragon
    Summary: Dragon STAB; More in touch with legendary or special auras in arenas. Able to use Hyper Beam and Giga Impact without losing focus.

Stats:
    HP: 100
    Atk: ***
    Def: **(-)
    SAtk: ***
    SDef: ***
    Spd: 71 (+)

EC: 8/9
    MC: 2
    DC: 1/5

Abilities:
    Ability 1: Shed Skin
    Type: Innate: This Pokemon regularly sheds its skin and any impurities contained in its body. If afflicted with a status condition, this Pokemon has a 33% chance of removing all status conditions at the end of a round.

Ability 2: Marvel Scale (DW)
    Type: Innate: This Pokemon’s coat shimmers when afflicted with a status condition, reducing the Base Attack Power of incoming physical attacks by two (2).

Attacks:
    Wrap
    Leer
    Thunder Wave
    Twister
    Dragon Rage
    Slam
    Agility

Dragon Rush
    Dragon Pulse
    Extremespeed

Fire Blast
    Blizzard
    Thunder

Banryu
    Show Hide
    Vibrava (*) Myrmeleon (m)
    Nature: Hardy
    Personality: The change in life cycle drastically altered his behavior. Whereas before Myrmeleon was laid-back and always hungry, as a Vibrava he is very active, moving almost constantly, and is now very alert to sounds. His underlying personality, however, remains mostly the same-- he remains a staunch competitor due to his unfailing grit and perseverance in tough situations. In battle, he has developed separate fighting styles: one reminiscent of his days as a Trapinch, where he would huddle underground and strike with powerful Ground attacks, and one above-ground, where his new wings give him much higher mobility as well as access to sonic attacks. He is still developing his ability to fly, as well as his affinity for moves of his newfound Dragon typing.

Type: Ground / Dragon
    Ground: Ground STAB; Immune to all electrical attacks, Evasive Digging reduced from 3 per action Energy Cost to 2 per action, superior senses in darkened cave surroundings. Knock Down, Rock Slide, Sandstorm, and Stealth Rock have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).
    Dragon: Dragon STAB; Roar has have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Stats:

HP: 90
    Def: **
    SpA: **
    SpD: **
    Spe: 70

EC: 5/9
    MC: 0

Ability: Levitate
    Levitate: (innate) This Pokemon naturally floats above the earth when released or easily takes flight, evading Ground moves like Earthquake, Level Ground, and Magnitude. Other Ground moves can still hit.

Attacks:
    (o) Sonicboom
    (*) Bite
    (*) Sand-Attack
    (*) Faint Attack
    (*) Sand Tomb
    (o) Supersonic
    (o) Crunch
    (o) Earthquake
    (o) Fissure

(*) Quick Attack
    (*) Bug Bite
    (*) Earth Power
    (o) Draco Meteor
    (o) Roost

(*) Dig
    (*) Rock Slide
    (*) Protect

seeing as we already know what Terrador's Pokemon is, Banryu posts actions first
  2. Banryu

Banryu

"Ach.... seriously, what was I thinking, accepting a match like this...

.......bah.

Allright, enough bitching about it. I was the moron who accepted this challenge, so I might as well figure out a way not to get my ass (and Myrmeleon's) handed back to me here... And incidentally, I think I've done just that...

Nothing we can do to avoid the first attack, I suppose. *shrug* Sooooo we're gonna Sand-Attack. And then we're gonna throw some more Sand. And then we're do some digging away from all dat nastiness. You like the taste of power, you gotta learn to accept the concequences-- powerful attacks are hard to control! And we'll see how good Opus' aim with them is when he's blinded to hell and back by sand!!"

Turn 1) Sand-attack
    Turn 2) Sand-attack
    Turn 3) evasive digging
  3. Terrador

Terrador

All righty, it's time to EVOLVE with the EC I get from entering the battle. I evolve into... DRAGONITE!!!

Opus the Dragonite (open)
    [​IMG]
    Dragonite [Opus] [Male]
    Nature: Hasty (+ Spd - Def)

Type: Dragon/Flying
    Summary: Dragon STAB; More in touch with legendary or special auras in arenas. Able to use Hyper Beam and Giga Impact without losing focus.
    Flying STAB; immunity to Ground attacks outside extremely odd circumstances even for ground-based flying Pokemon. Enhanced aerial mobility. Superior senses in open air arenas.

Stats:
    Atk: *****
    SAtk: ****
    SDef: ****
    Spd: 92 (+)

EC: 9/9
    MC: 2
    DC: 1/5

Abilities:
    Ability 1:Inner Focus: Type: Innate

When an opponent attempts to flinch this Pokemon, it stands firm and continues its attack. If it has another ability that would be activated by flinching, that ability activates.

Ability 2: Multiscale (DW): Type: Innate

This Pokemon has sturdy scales to protect it from an opponent's attacks. If this Pokemon is at their maximum HP when a round starts, all damage done to this Pokemon during the round will be halved.

Attacks:
    Wrap
    Leer
    Thunder Wave
    Twister
    Dragon Rage
    Slam
    Agility
    Fire Punch
    ThunderPunch
    Roost

Dragon Rush
    Dragon Pulse
    Extremespeed

Fire Blast
    Blizzard
    Thunder

With Opus now a Dragonite, things get a lot more interesting. First, Opus uses Blizzard, then Dragon Rush, then Dragon Pulse.

Also, HD, just a quick reminder, but the base Acc of all my moves is boosted by ((92^2)/1000=8.464) 8.464 Acc due to my +Speed nature. I'm really going to need it at this rate .-.
  4. HD

HD

Opus (open)
    Dragonite [Opus] [Male]
    Flying STAB; immunity to Ground attacks outside extremely odd circumstances even for ground-based flying Pokemon. Enhanced aerial mobility. Superior senses in open air arenas.
    Stats:
    Energy: 80

Myrmeleon (open)
    Ground: Ground STAB; Immune to all electrical attacks, Evasive Digging reduced from 3 per action Energy Cost to 2 per action, superior senses in darkened cave surroundings. Knock Down, Rock Slide, Sandstorm, and Stealth Rock have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).
    Stats:
    Energy: 100

I look around as the two challengers go to their respective sides. It was chilly in the Dragon's Den, so I pull up my zip up my hoodie. On the left side, Terrador throws out a a black PokeBall with a "U" on it. Classy. It opens up to reveal a blue snake-like dragon. In response, a regular PokeBall is thrown from the right side of the field. A brief flash of red light and there's a dragonfly hovering over the water. Before Banryu can issue his actions, however, the Dragonair is encased in white light. The form morphs and grows a potbelly, finally fading to reveal the new Dragonite Opus. Although the hulking dragon is tired, he begins to gather ice in his mouth in preparation of a Blizzard. As it fires off the ice storm is fired off, however, Myrmeleon darts to the left dodging the Blizzard before kicking sand into Opus's eyes with a Sand Attack, lowering Opus's accuracy. There appears to be frost gathering on the water; perhaps in response to the larger dragon's Blizzard?

Fucking prick. It's already freezing in here, but this dumbshit decides to make it colder. But seeing as no one cares about what I think unless it directly affects them, I'll just continue to ref. Opus gathers its draconic energy, using it to encase himself in a solid shield of energy. The Dragonite charged forward in a Dragon Rush. The lucky prick actually manages to hit Myrmeleon, who is probably at the moment wondering "What the fuck?". However, being the push-over he is, he just kicks some more sand into Opus's eyes with a Sand Attack, extending the duration by one action.

Oof, I winced just looking at that attack. Seemingly undaunted by the processions, Myrmeleon takes a look at his options. Pray to God for some shit to go down, or get the fuck out of the way. Since the second option generally works more often, Myrmeleon Digs into the ground. Opus, not seeing the Vibrava's maneuver, continues to gather energy. The Dragon Pulse is fired, and there's a cry heard from the inside of the cave, but it's not the familial buzz of a Vibrava. Who is this newcomer, and is he looking for some revenge? Myrmeleon pops up somewhere else, apparently as a punch in the face to the larger dragon.

Opus (open)
    Dragonite [Opus] [Male]
    Stats:
    Energy: 60
    Other

Myrmeleon (open)
    Stats:
    HP: 64
    Energy: 93
    Other:

Calculations
    Show Hide
    Opus: uses eight (8) energy (Blizzard)
    Myrmeleon: uses two (2) energy (Sand-Attack)
    -----------------
    Opus: uses six (6) energy (Dragon Rush)
    Myrmeleon: takes twenty-six (26) damage (Dragon Rush), uses three (3) energy (Sand-Attack)
    -----------------
    Opus: uses six (6) energy (Dragon Pulse)
    Myrmeleon: uses two (2) energy (Evasive Dig)
    -----------------
    Opus TOTAL: uses twenty (20) energy
    Myrmeleon TOTAL: takes twenty-six (26) damage, uses seven (7) energy
  5. Terrador

Terrador

Blizzard => Dragon Rush => Blizzard
  6. Banryu

Banryu

((erm, I don't recall giving the order to pop out, but that's okay, we're about to do that now anyway.))

"Right, that's it... emerge from the cave wall behind Opus and Quick Attack to latch onto his back! Stay there, right underneath his wings and out of reach of his arms, I'm pretty sure he won't be able to do much to you there! Now hold on tight and sink your fangs into him, Crunch him up real good, and hold on tight so he can't throw you off! Dem jaws of yours may have lost some of their bite force, but we know from training that you've still got the gripping power!"

Dig emergence + Quick Attack combo (latch onto Dnite's back) > Crunch
  7. HD

HD

unless specified, you'll pop up at the end of the action

Opus (open)
    Dragonite [Opus] [Male]
    Stats:
    Energy: 60
    Other

Myrmeleon (open)
    Stats:
    HP: 64
    Energy: 93
    Other:

A roar shakes the walls of the cavern. and both trainers shit their pants. Wussies. However, the two dragons having bigger balls than both trainers combined, just continue on with the battle. Myrmeleon begins Digging furiously into the ground, getting rocks and gravel everywhere; including my shoes. Prick. Opus decides that the arena isn't cold enough, and gathers ice-like energy in a Blizzard. Just as the Blizzard is fired, however, Myrmeleon ducks into the newly created hole, causing the Blizzard to miss (96/100)! The water isn't so lucky, and is completely frozen over. Because it isn't cold enough already. Fucker.

There's a low rumbling as Myrmeleon zips under the ground, using the speed boost from Quick Attack. Opus takes his time and waits for the dragonfly to pop out of the ground. When Myrmeleon does however, he latches onto the larger dragon's back, underneath the wings. Opus begins to gather draconic energy in the familiar Dragon Rush. Myrmeleon is repelled off the Dragonite's back, but otherwise the attack misses!

Opus begins gather ice-like energy (again) in a Blizzard. Meanwhile, Myrmeleon just charges forward in a Crunch. Due to his trainer's stupidity, he just charges though the Blizzard.

Opus (open)
    Dragonite [Opus] [Male]
    Stats:
    Energy: 49
    Other

Myrmeleon (open)
    Stats:
    HP: 30
    Energy: 77
    Status: the paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaain and lack of intelligence on my trainer's part :(
    Other:

Calculations
    Show Hide
    Opus: uses eight (8) energy (Blizzard)
    Myrmeleon: uses ten (10) energy (Dig+Quick Attack)
    -----------------
    Opus: uses five (5) energy (Dragon Rush)
    Myrmeleon: just hangin'
    -----------------
    Opus: takes ten (10) damage (Crunch), uses eight (8) energy (Blizzard)
    Myrmeleon: takes thirty-four (34) damage (Blizzard), uses six (6) energy (Crunch)
    -----------------
    Opus TOTAL: takes ten (10) damage, uses twenty-one (21) energy
    Myrmeleon OTAL: takes thirty-four (34) damage, uses sixteen (16) energy
  8. Terrador

Terrador

HD, did you reduce the damage of Blizzard because Myrmeleon was in motion? If not, then it should've dealt [((12 BP) + ((4-2)*1.5=3 Stat Difference)) * 2.25 (4x SE) = 33.75 ~ 34] DMG.

Also, Banryu, you have to specify that you want the mon to stay underground, in the air, underwater, etc. if you want to extend the duration of Dig/Fly/Dive, respectively.
  9. HD

HD

Apologies to Terrador for messing up the Blizzard calc.

And Banryu, middle finger; middle finger, Banryu.

Unless otherwise specified, you will emerge from the ground at the end of the action when using Dig. Likewise for Dive and Fly, just emerge from the water or go down. I interpreted your orders as best I could. If you'd notice, you managed to latch onto Opus's back and dodge the first Blizzard and Dragon Rush.

Oh, and grow a fucking pair. Insulting your (yes! i can use italics too!) intelligence was a joke.
  10. Banryu

Banryu

((sigh.))

1) Sand-Attack
    2) Draco Meteor
    3) Sand-Attack
  11. Terrador

Terrador

Dragon Pulse => Dragon Rush => Dragon Pulse
  12. HD

HD

Opus (open)
    Dragonite [Opus] [Male]
    Stats:
    Energy: 49
    Other

Myrmeleon (open)
    Stats:
    HP: 30
    Energy: 77
    Status: the paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaain and lack of intelligence on my trainer's part :(
    Other:

i lack time so sorry you don't get my trademark hilarity

Calculations
    Show Hide
    Opus: uses six (6) energy (Dragon Pulse)
    Myrmeleon: takes twenty-three (23) damage (Dragon Pulse), uses two (2) energy (Sand Attack)
    -----------------
    Opus: uses six (6) energy (Dragon Rush)
    Myrmeleon: takes twenty-six (26) damage (Dragon Rush)

Terrador and Opus win!

HD: 2RC

Terrador: 2TC
    ---Opus: 1 EC / 1 MC / 1 DC / 1 KOC

Banryu: 2TC
    ---Myrmeleon: 1 EC / 1 MC / 1 DC
  13. Terrador

Terrador

GG Banryu and thanks to HD for reffing. Also, rofling at the fact that Opus was down to 37 Energy but still had 90 HP left.
  14. Banryu

Banryu

Yeh LOL... I'm thinking I should have tried to stall you out of Energy instead of beating away at that HP. Welp, like I admitted, getting into such a ridiculous matchup was no one's fault but mine. x____X So it wasn't GG, really... but... I appreciate the sportsmanship you're trying to show by saying that, so same to you. :3

EDIT: Yes and also thanks to HD for reffing and putting up with my bitching LOL.

EDIT again: Wait so does this match not qualify for the 2 MC thing? :0 Or did that policy not get implemented yet?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)