OU Terrakion

I was an idiot bumping for QC when I forgot to complete writing it up. Sorry about that :/

Anyways, this is finally written up for the final QC check

Valentine

Banned deucer.
i know people told you to remove it, but i would mention swords dance somewhere on the sash set, since there are situations in which swords dance comes in handy. don't slash, just mention it somewhere. on the 'life orb attacker' set please mention rock polish as an alternative over quick attack or swords dance, this is kind of what i was referring too earlier. i wasn't trying to get you to rename the double dance set, in fact, please change it back to 'double dance' lol sorry for the miscommunication. rock polish not having any mentions or slashes on any of these main sets is sin, that's all i meant to say. all the spreads and everything else looks great,

3/3

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
You should be a lot more descriptive in the checks and counters section, as Terrakion is a pretty tricky Pokemon to deal with and so sometimes in-depth explanation of how to do so is needed. For example:

**Bulky Psychic-types**: Mew, Physically defensive Celebi, Bulky Starmie, Cresselia and Slowbro can use their typing and incredible physical bulk to shut Terrakion down. Each of them can takes hits from even the Choice Band set after Stealth Rock damage and hit back with their STAB Psychic-type attacks.
Mew is 2HKOed by LO Stone Edge and gets shut down by SR versions due to Taunt, so it's an awful response to Terrakion, in fact i wouldn't even mention it at all. The only thing it can do is check Scarf Terrakion, but that's it. Even CB CC does ~39% on Mew, and don't even think of switching into Stone Edge. Bulky Starmie is a good response to SR Terrakion, and an ok revenge killer for non-Scarfed Terrakion, but similarly with Mew it struggles to switch into Stone Edge:
  • 252 Atk Life Orb Terrakion Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 24 Def Starmie: 235-278 (72.7 - 86%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
  • 252 Atk Choice Band Terrakion Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 24 Def Starmie: 271-319 (83.9 - 98.7%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
You should explain which of those bulky Psychic-types are counters, which are hard checks, and which are shaky checks. This is one of the most important offensive Pokemon in OU we are talking about here, and if new players think that by slapping Mew or Starmie on their team they are safe from Terrakion then we have a problem.

Moving on:
**Bulky Ground-types**: Bulky Landorus-T, defensive Gliscor, Quagsire, and physically defensive Hippowdon can take two hits from Choice Band Terrakion even after Stealth Rock and threaten back with STAB Earthquake.
  • 252 Atk Choice Band Terrakion Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Quagsire: 234-276 (59.3 - 70%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
  • 252 Atk Life Orb Terrakion Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Quagsire: 203-239 (51.5 - 60.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
So, Quagsire is a shitty response to Terrakion, unless we are talking about the Scarf set, which Quagsire can wall.
**Bulky Poison-types**: Mega Venusaur and mixed bulk Amoonguss can easily beat terrakion, avoiding the 2HKO from Stone Edge and resisting Close Combat.
  • 252 Atk Life Orb Terrakion Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Amoonguss: 191-226 (44.2 - 52.3%) -- 76.2% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge recovery
  • 252 Atk Life Orb Terrakion Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Venusaur: 177-211 (48.6 - 57.9%) -- 95.7% chance to 2HKO
  • 252 Atk Choice Band Terrakion Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Mega Venusaur: 153-181 (42 - 49.7%) -- 89.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
This means that Mega Venusaur needs to be physically defensive (which you didn't mention) to handle LO Terrakion, and it still loses to CB Terrakion after SR most of the time. Also, Amoonguss can only check item-less Terrakion if running max physical bulk or if SR is off the field, so make sure to mention this.
**Bulky Fairy-types**: Clefable's resistance to Close Combat and great bulk allow it to check Terrakion. Sylveon can check Terrakion too but needs some Defense investment.
Again, elaborate. Clefable still has a 21% chance to be 2HKOed by LO SE and is always 2HKOed by CB Stone Edge, while Sylveon fares much worse due to worse phusical bulk and lack of immunity to SR. Mention that Clefable needs max physical bulk to do this.

**Physically Defensive Behemoths**: Pokemon that don't even resist Terrakion's STAB but have incredible Defense can also check Terrakion. Suicune and Chesnaught come to mind.
Explain how both of those Pokemon can get 2HKOed by CB CC with or without SR up. Also, you should mention how both Pokemon usually lose to SD Terrakion, as Terrakion can take both a Hammer Arm and a Scald from those two (provided Scald doesn't burn) and go to +4 to safely OHKO them.

i know people told you to remove it, but i would mention swords dance somewhere on the sash set, since there are situations in which swords dance comes in handy. don't slash, just mention it somewhere. on the 'life orb attacker' set please mention rock polish as an alternative over quick attack or swords dance, this is kind of what i was referring too earlier. i wasn't trying to get you to rename the double dance set, in fact, please change it back to 'double dance' lol sorry for the miscommunication. rock polish not having any mentions or slashes on any of these main sets is sin, that's all i meant to say. all the spreads and everything else looks great,

3/3
Done

You should be a lot more descriptive in the checks and counters section, as Terrakion is a pretty tricky Pokemon to deal with and so sometimes in-depth explanation of how to do so is needed. For example:

Mew is 2HKOed by LO Stone Edge and gets shut down by SR versions due to Taunt, so it's an awful response to Terrakion, in fact i wouldn't even mention it at all. The only thing it can do is check Scarf Terrakion, but that's it. Even CB CC does ~39% on Mew, and don't even think of switching into Stone Edge. Bulky Starmie is a good response to SR Terrakion, and an ok revenge killer for non-Scarfed Terrakion, but similarly with Mew it struggles to switch into Stone Edge:
  • 252 Atk Life Orb Terrakion Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 24 Def Starmie: 235-278 (72.7 - 86%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
  • 252 Atk Choice Band Terrakion Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 24 Def Starmie: 271-319 (83.9 - 98.7%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
You should explain which of those bulky Psychic-types are counters, which are hard checks, and which are shaky checks. This is one of the most important offensive Pokemon in OU we are talking about here, and if new players think that by slapping Mew or Starmie on their team they are safe from Terrakion then we have a problem.

Moving on:

• 252 Atk Choice Band Terrakion Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Quagsire: 234-276 (59.3 - 70%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
  • 252 Atk Life Orb Terrakion Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Quagsire: 203-239 (51.5 - 60.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
So, Quagsire is a shitty response to Terrakion, unless we are talking about the Scarf set, which Quagsire can wall.

• 252 Atk Life Orb Terrakion Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Amoonguss: 191-226 (44.2 - 52.3%) -- 76.2% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge recovery
  • 252 Atk Life Orb Terrakion Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Venusaur: 177-211 (48.6 - 57.9%) -- 95.7% chance to 2HKO
  • 252 Atk Choice Band Terrakion Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Mega Venusaur: 153-181 (42 - 49.7%) -- 89.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
This means that Mega Venusaur needs to be physically defensive (which you didn't mention) to handle LO Terrakion, and it still loses to CB Terrakion after SR most of the time. Also, Amoonguss can only check item-less Terrakion if running max physical bulk or if SR is off the field, so make sure to mention this.
Again, elaborate. Clefable still has a 21% chance to be 2HKOed by LO SE and is always 2HKOed by CB Stone Edge, while Sylveon fares much worse due to worse phusical bulk and lack of immunity to SR. Mention that Clefable needs max physical bulk to do this.

Explain how both of those Pokemon can get 2HKOed by CB CC with or without SR up. Also, you should mention how both Pokemon usually lose to SD Terrakion, as Terrakion can take both a Hammer Arm and a Scald from those two (provided Scald doesn't burn) and go to +4 to safely OHKO them.
Done, thnx :]

Alright this is finally ready for GP checks

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
**Bulky Psychic-types**: Physically Defensive Cresselia and Slowbro can use their typing and incredible physical bulk to shut Terrakion down. Each of them can takes hits from even the Choice Band set after Stealth Rock damage and hit back with their STAB Psychic-type attacks, making them hard counters. Additionally, Physically Defensive Celebi is a hard check to Terrakion, easily taking a CB Stone Edge and 2HKO-ing back, especially because it has access to recovery. Starmie is a good revenge killer for all the sets other than Scarf Terrakion and a good answer for Focus Sash lead Terrakion, making it a good check.
Unlike the first two Psychic-types you mentioned, physically defensive Celebi is 2HKOed by CB Stone Edge after SR, so make sure to mention this.

**Bulky Ground-types**: Bulky Landorus-T, Physically defensive Gliscor, and physically defensive Hippowdon can take two hits from Choice Band Terrakion even after Stealth Rock and threaten back with STAB Earthquake. Quagsire can't counter Terrakion, but it is definitely a hard check especially if rocks aren't up as it can eat up a hit or two, heal up, and OHKO back at -1, it also a hard counter to Choice Scarf Terrakion.
Stealth Rock isn't Quagsire's problem, boosting items are, which allow Close Combat to 2HKO Quagsire.

Reactions: Muk

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
Finally, running Rock Polish instead of Swords Dance or on the last slot can also be viable, as it helps Terrakion outspeed the entire scarfed meta; however, it is relatively harder to set it up and almost impossible to set it up and Swords Dance simultaneously, not to mention Rock Polish over Swords Dance can make Terrakion more of dead weight against Stall in the cost of being more effective against fast Hyper Offensive teams.
I'm genuinely baffled by this sentence. Firstly, how could Rock Polish possibly be harder to set up than Swords Dance? Using it with a purpose would be harder considering its only useful against offense, but the writing is not succinct at all. Secondly, the sentence suggests using Rock Polish over Swords Dance but then says not a moment later that it's impossible to set up alongside it, implying that it's a listed option. Finally, this whole argument you've made completely misses the point of "double dance". The intention is that if you're poised to boost, you can either select Swords Dance if the team you're fighting warrants it (stall or balance where the Terrakion switch in relies on walling an unboosted one), or Rock Polish if the opponent warrants it (Latios, Thundurus, Greninja, Choice Scarf, EXCADRILL are the opponent's checks to Terrakion). Setting up both at once is basically not an option, against teams that need both to be set up to beat, you're doing it way too early in the game to ever pull it off. Especially with a Life Orb hanging around Terrakion's neck.

The idea of Quick Attack is to let Terrakion snipe the opponent's speed material late in the game after, and then sweep the rest of the opponent's team that is slower with +2 Attack. This situation is perfectly plausible, but it's also at odds with the putting down of Rock Polish. See Quick Attack doesnt OHKO anything popular and fast, so the opponent's speed would need to be sufficeintly worn down for it to be of any use. Which would mean you're deep enough into the game for the opponent overall to be swept by +2 speed. Also, the opponent's speed is probably the least likely to be worn down, it's fast, therefore it shouldnt be taking as many hits as slower offensive Pokemon that rely on bulk. Of course a +0 Close Combat >> +2 Quick Attack, which means beating the opponent's fast Pokemon requires less wear than with Quick Attack too.

I think Quick Attack is still better considering the SD + QA is better against any kind of balance than double dance (usually), and SD+QA affords you the ability to boost as the oponent sends in something slower against Terrakion to sack it to a 2HKO but this analysis completely misses the point of Rock Polish and doesn't list any of its uses

Reactions: trc
I'm genuinely baffled by this sentence. Firstly, how could Rock Polish possibly be harder to set up than Swords Dance? Using it with a purpose would be harder considering its only useful against offense, but the writing is not succinct at all. Secondly, the sentence suggests using Rock Polish over Swords Dance but then says not a moment later that it's impossible to set up alongside it, implying that it's a listed option. Finally, this whole argument you've made completely misses the point of "double dance". The intention is that if you're poised to boost, you can either select Swords Dance if the team you're fighting warrants it (stall or balance where the Terrakion switch in relies on walling an unboosted one), or Rock Polish if the opponent warrants it (Latios, Thundurus, Greninja, Choice Scarf, EXCADRILL are the opponent's checks to Terrakion). Setting up both at once is basically not an option, against teams that need both to be set up to beat, you're doing it way too early in the game to ever pull it off. Especially with a Life Orb hanging around Terrakion's neck.

The idea of Quick Attack is to let Terrakion snipe the opponent's speed material late in the game after, and then sweep the rest of the opponent's team that is slower with +2 Attack. This situation is perfectly plausible, but it's also at odds with the putting down of Rock Polish. See Quick Attack doesnt OHKO anything popular and fast, so the opponent's speed would need to be sufficeintly worn down for it to be of any use. Which would mean you're deep enough into the game for the opponent overall to be swept by +2 speed. Also, the opponent's speed is probably the least likely to be worn down, it's fast, therefore it shouldnt be taking as many hits as slower offensive Pokemon that rely on bulk. Of course a +0 Close Combat >> +2 Quick Attack, which means beating the opponent's fast Pokemon requires less wear than with Quick Attack too.

I think Quick Attack is still better considering the SD + QA is better against any kind of balance than double dance (usually), and SD+QA affords you the ability to boost as the oponent sends in something slower against Terrakion to sack it to a 2HKO but this analysis completely misses the point of Rock Polish and doesn't list any of its uses
Yeah looking back this sentence has a buttload of mistakes, but about when I was talking about being a dead weight against stall is if you choose it over Swords Dance and not Quick Attack / Substitute. But anyways I cleared that up and fixed the mistakes thanks :]

Am Check

This is WIP, I've been working on it on and off for so long... I'll get to it sometime tomorrow maybe (I'm extremely busy though, so probably not)
This is more for my own practice than anything, so feel free to ignore it if I can't finish it.

Consider this finished, I really don't have the time to double-check everything, lol.

Remove
Add
Comments

Overview
########

Terrakion has always been one of the best offensive pokemon ever Pokemon in OU, capable of checking and outspeeding a large portion of the metagame. Its base 129 Attack stat is impressive, as is the coverage it gets between its Rock- and Fighting-type STABs STAB coverage. That This, (AC) combined with its good base 108 Speed stat, (AC) makes Terrakion a powerful sweeper and wallbreaker that is nearly impossible to switch into. Its resistance to Stealth Rock also helps it switch in and out more easily, and its decent bulk ensures that it won't roll over and die faint to just any attack. It's solid stats, coverage, and versatility easily makes it one of the best offensive Rock- type and Fighting- type. (No need for this, you basically said this all in the paragraph)

However, having common checks and counters, (AC) such as bulky Psychic- and Ground-types, (AC) always limits Terrakion's sweeping capabilities, (RC) such as bulky Psychic- and Ground- types. It's Its above average speed Speed also hinders it's its ability to sweep, since as there is are a decent amount of pokemon who Pokemon which can either outspeed and nail the KO Terrakion or use priority to finish it off after a bit of prior damage, (RC) with some chip damage, (RC) to nail the kill on Terrakion. The rising popularity of Clefable is also not really helpful in Terrakion's case for Terrakion, either, as it can beat Terrakion 1v1.

(These paragraphs contradict each other a lot. For example, in the first paragraph, you say it's "nearly impossible to switch into" but in the second paragraph you say "it has common check and counters". Another example is how you say it "outspeeds a large potion of the metagame" but then say "its above average Speed hinders it" plz fix)

Stealth Rock
########
name: Stealth Rock
move 1: Stealth Rock
move 2: Close Combat
move 3: Stone Edge
move 4: Taunt
item: Focus Sash
evs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
nature: Jolly

Moves:
========

Stealth Rock is a useful entry hazard, (AC) and Terrakion can use its great offensive presence to force switches and set it up with ease entry hazards. Close Combat is Terrakion's most powerful Fighting-type STAB move and is a great weapon for hitting the opponent really hits very hard. Stone Edge is also a powerful Rock-type STAB move, (RC) it that offers excellent neutral coverage alongside Close Combat. (Remove Line Break) Finally, Taunt prevents slower pokemons Pokemon such as Garchomp, Landorus-T, and Smeargle from setting up their own rocks entry hazards, (RC) such as Garchomp, Landorus-Therian, Mamoswine, and Smeargle. (Removed Mamoswine because Oblivious) It also helps prevent slower Defog users from removing Stealth Rock or any entry hazard on from the field. However, Swords Dance can be used over Taunt as there are sometimes where Swords Dance is handy, but not as much as Taunt. ("As there are sometimes where Swords Dance is handy" ? That definitely need to be more descriptive. Specifically, WHY is it so handy?)

Set Details
========

Focus Sash is the primary item option is at almost guarantees that Terrakion sets can sets up Stealth Rock and Taunt slower entry hazard users, while also preventing opposing pokemon Pokemon from possibly using Defog. Maximum speed Speed and a Jolly nature let lets Terrakion outrun outspeed as many pokemons Pokemon as possible, (RC) such as Garchomp, Landorus, Mega Charizard X, and Mega Pinsir, all of which Terrakion can't outspeed with an Adamant nature doesn't outspeed. Maximum Attack gives Terrakion some solid power, (AC) which is really useful with the a great STAB combination of in Close Combat and Stone Edge.

Usage Tips
========

Focus Sash Terrakion is a great pokemon Pokemon to choose for laying lay down your hazards Stealth Rock, since as it pressures slower Defog users with Taunt and it's its own power to effectively keep hazards Stealth Rock in play. It is best to set up Stealth Rock as early as you can, as it is really vital for dealing with threats such as Talonflame. Leading with Terrakion is also useful, as it allows it to Taunt in Taunting opposing leads to and prevent them from laying down their own entry hazards. If your opponent has a Rapid Spin or Defog user, you should it is important to play more conservatively with Terrakion in case it needs to set up Stealth Rock again. (AP) ; (RSC) However, if your opponent doesn't have one of these a way to remove entry hazards or you don't need Terrakion to check anything, don't be afraid to sacrifice Terrakion to gain momentum, (RC) as losing momentum would oppose Terrakion's purpose.

Team Options
========

Terrakion is best used on fast-paced offensive teams that need a reliable offensive Stealth Rock user. That said, you'll want to Because of this, pair this Terrakion set with powerful offensive teammates such as Greninja, Talonflame and Thundurus, which are capable of both making full use of the extra Stealth Rock damage and using their natural offensive presence to prevent the opponent from easily using Rapid Spin or Defog to remove Stealth Rock. As for pokemons that can help Terrakion, (RC) Anything Pokemon that can Pursuit trap Latias and Latios, such as Bisharp and Tyranitar, are really appreciated, since as Terrakion is too slow to outspeed and Taunt them Latios and Latias and prevent them from using Defog while pokemons such as Bisharp and Tyranitar can efficiently pursuit trap them. Additionally, Healing Wish Latias is also a great teammate for Focus Sash lead Terrakion, since as it can heal Terrakion back to full health after Terrakion has been brought down to its Focus Sash guarantees Terrakion living a hit and then Latias would heal it back to full health to further pressure slower Defog users and use its power.

Life Orb Attacker
########
name: Life Orb Attacker
move 1: Close Combat
move 2: Stone Edge
move 3: Swords Dance
move 4: Substitute / Quick Attack
item: Life Orb

Moves
========

Close Combat is Terrakion's most powerful Fighting-type STAB move and is a great weapon for hitting the opponent really extremely hard, especially with a Life Orb. Stone Edge is also a powerful STAB move, it offers excellent neutral coverage alongside Close Combat. Swords Dance allows Terrakion to sweep later in the game once the opposing team has been weakened and faster threats or and priority users have been removed. Along with Life Orb, Swords Dance makes Terrakion an extremely powerful threat, 2HKO-ing 2HKOing almost the entire meta metagame. Substitute is a great move, as it can easily provide momentum if used right, such as predicting a switch or status. Alternatively, Quick Attack can be used to pick off weakened Priority pokemon Pokemon with priority, such as Talonflame after rocks Stealth Rock and Azumarill afters switching in on a +2 Close Combat. (Doesn't Brave Bird go before Quick Attack though? 0_0) It also helps in eliminating, (AC) or at least, (AC) weakening faster threats, (RC) such as Greninja, Latios, and Latias. Furthermore, running Hidden Power Ice while making the nature and a Naive nature and moving the leftover 4 Special Defense EVs into SpA Special Attack can make Terrakion a lure to Gliscor and Landorus-T, nailing the KO after rocks Stealth Rock and Stone Edge damage. Finally, Terrakion can run Rock Polish over Swords Dance or the last slot Substitute. (AP) , (RC) if If Rock Polish is chosen you chose it over Swords Dance, then you must it is important to note that it Terrakion becomes more of a dead weight against stall in the exchange of for making being a fantastic late-game cleaner late game. Choosing it over the last slot means Terrakion is running both Swords Dance and Rock Polish, which doesn't mean that Terrakion will try and set up both, but rather set up one of them depending on the situation. For example, it Terrakion sets should set up a Swords Dance against stall, bulky offensive, or balanced teams, while sets setting up a Rock Polish against hyper offensive and priority-spam teams.

Set Details
========

A Speed-boosting nature and maximum Speed investment is needed to allow Terrakion to outrun as many foes as possible. Use Naive if you are using Hidden Power Ice, and use Jolly if you are using Substitute or Quick Attack. The 4 EVs on SpA should be moves into Defense if you are using Quick Attack. Terrakion's Attack stat is maximized to provide optimal physical power. (Remove Line Break) As for the item, Life Orb is the primary choice, (AC) as it provides a significant boost to all of Terrakion's attacks. However, Expert Belt can also be used to bluff a Choice item and act as an even more effective lure, but it misses out on a lot of power.

Usage Tips
========

The Life Orb Attacker Terrakion serves as a fantastic wallbreaker, but be careful when setting up Swords Dance or Substitute. (AP) , (RC) only Only set then up on a predicted switch or on a really weak attack. You can also set up predicted a Substitute or a Swords Dance predicting the opposing pokemon Pokemon to set up entry hazards or a slow taunt Taunt. As for Substitute, you can additionally use it on a predicted status move, such as Thunder Wave or Will-o-Wisp and Will-O-Wisp. Quick Attack should not be revealed early, as it packs the surprise factor and helps pick off priority threats when weakened, such as Talonflame after rocks Stealth Rock and Azumarill after switching in on a +2 Close Combat. (Again, I'm almost positive Brave Bird goes before Quick Attack) If the opposing pokemon Pokemon is faster than Terrakion and can potentially KO Terrakion it, (AC) then using Quick Attack as as last-ditch effort could can also be useful for Terrakion's teammates to pick the KO.

Team Options
========

Any pokemon Pokemon that appreciates Terrakion's natural cleaning, wallbreaking, or and even sweeping abilities can be picked as Terrakion's teammate. Terrakion itself needs entry hazard support to turn as many 3HKOs into 2HKOs and 2HKOs into OHKOs as possible, especially if attempting a sweep with Swords Dance. (List examples of hazard setters) Additionally, Terrakion loves Sand support from Tyranitar or Hippowdon, as it gives you considerable amount of Special Defense to live thing such as Choice Scarf Keldeo's Hydro Pump, (RC) or prevents other pokemon attacks from breaking Terrakion's Substitute, such as Rotom-W's Volt Switch. Other pokemons Pokemon that resist Terrakion's common weaknesses, (RC) such as Ground and Fighting, (RC) to Ground- and Fighting-type attacks are really appreciated. (List examples) Terrakion also appreciates teammates that can deal with bulky Ground- types or bulky Water- types, such as Celebi, Focus Sash Breloom, Azumarill, Mega Venusaur, Rotom-W, Keldeo, and even Starmie. The bulkier the pokemon Pokemon, (AC) the better, because as Terrakion has some decent defenses and wouldn't appreciate a frail teammate. (This seems kinda... wrong... A lot of HO teams tend to have frailer Pokemon. You even mentioned Breloom and Starmie as teammates, which are both quite frail.)

SubSalac
########
name: SubSalac
move 1: Substitute
move 2: Swords Dance
move 4: Close Combat
item: Salac Berry
evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

Moves
========

Substitute is a great move on Terrakion, as it allows Terrakion to avoid status, (RC) which cripple Terrakion a lot, (RC) and Intimidates once behind a substitute Intimidate. (Removed information was implied) Additionally, Swords Dance makes Terrakion's Attack sky high. (RP) It sky-high and helps is really useful to help Terrakion nails some KOs on bulky pokemons after some a bit of residual damage. As for damaging moves, Stone Edge is Terrakion's most powerful and reliable Rock Rock-type STAB move, hitting Landorus-T and Gliscor neutrally, while Close Combat is Terrakion's most reliable and consistent Fighting Fighting-type STAB attack. (AP) , (RC) Close Combat's its accuracy is also really helpful, (AC) especially since because your Terrakion's only other damaging move is Stone Edge.

Set Details
========

Maximum speed Speed with a boosting Jolly nature helps Terrakion outspeed a lot of common pokemon Pokemon before the Salac berry Berry boost, such as Garchomp, both Mega Charizards Charizard, Landorus, and Mega Pinsir. Maximum Attack is for maximum power and maximum damage, which Terrakion really needs since as this set lacks a boosting item. The leftover 4 EV's EVs are put into HP, which allow Terrakion to activate Salac Berry only after 3 subs Substitutes. After a Salac Berry boost, Terrakion outspeeds many pokemon Pokemon, such as Latios, Latias, Greninja, and Thundurus. It also lets Terrakion outspeed every relevant Choice Scarf user in the tier, such as Garchomp, Landorus-T, Excadrill, Heatran, and Rotom-W. Finally, the boost from Salac Berry also lets Terrakion outspeed all relevant Dragon Dance users at +1, such as Dragonite, Gyarados, Mega Charizard X, and Mega Tyranitar, OHKO-ing OHKOing all of them with the slightest chip damage.

Usage Tips
========

This set is really effective late game late-game when everything is weakened and Terrakion's primary counters are eliminated, which makes this set a perfect cleaner. If played right, Terrakion can also sweep mid-game, as long as Terrakion's main counters are out of the battle. Additionally,(space)this set can also be used early-game when there aren't if the opponent doesn't any counters to this set, or just to dent the opposing team as it hits really extremely hard even when resisted. As mentioned before, use substitute Substitute against slower pokemon Pokemon which either want to status Terrakion, set-up set up their entry hazards, remove their your team's entry hazards, or just heal up. It can be also used on really weak moves such as on Heatran's Lava Plume, or can be used when a switch is predicted.

Team Options
========

Offensive Pokemon appreciate the openings that Terrakion can create with its natural wallbreaking abilities, so pokemons Pokemon like Greninja, Landorus, and Thundurus really want a pokemon Pokemon like Terrakion as a teammate. As mentioned earlier, (RC) Terrakion itself needs entry hazard support to turn as many 3HKOs into 2HKOs and 2HKOs into OHKOs as possible, especially if attempting a sweep with Swords Dance. (List some entry hazard setters) Additionally, Terrakion loves Sand support, as it gives you considerable amount of Special Defense to live thing such as Scarf Keldeo's Hydro Pump, and for other things attacks to not break sub its Substitute, such as Rotom-W's Volt Switch. Terrakion also appreciates teammates that can deal with bulky Ground- types Ground-types or bulky Water- types Water-types, such as Celebi, Focus Sash Breloom, Azumarill, Mega Venusaur, Rotom-W, Keldeo, and even Starmie. The bulkier the pokemon Pokemon, (AC) the better. (Yeah once again this isn't necessarily correct I feel like)

Choice Scarf
########
name: Choice Scarf
move 3: Iron Head
move 4: Rock Slide / X-Scissor
item: Choice Scarf
nature: Jolly / Adamant

Moves
========

Close Combat is Terrakion's most powerful Fighting-type STAB move and is a great weapon for hitting the opponent really hard. Stone Edge is also a powerful STAB move, (RC) it that offers excellent neutral coverage alongside Close Combat. As for Iron Head, (RC) it is really very useful in picking off weakened Sylveon, Gardevoir, and Clefable late-game without relying on Stone Edge's accuracy or even power, as it doesn't do enough damage all the time. Iron Head also boosts Terrakion's cleaning ability as it provides more coverage. (This sentence doesn't seem necessary, nor does it make all that much sense.) Rock Slide is useful on this set as well, (AC) as since Stone Edge can be rather unreliable in terms of accuracy. (AP) , (RC) but it However, Rock Slide can't pick KO certain threats if they are not weakened enough.(Space)Alternatively, X-Scissor can also be useful over Rock Slide, as it hits Physically Defensive physically defensive Celebi and Slowbro, both which are becoming rather popular.

Set Details
========

Maximum Attack is used for maximum power, which Terrakion really needs since a Choice Scarf set is rather weak because it is not running a boosting item. With maximum speed Speed and a boosting Jolly nature, along with a Choice Scarf, Terrakion outspeeds many pokemons Pokemon it usually doesn't outspeed, such pokemons are as Latios, Latias, Greninja, and Thundurus. It also allows Terrakion to outspeed every relevant Choice Scarf user in the tier, such as Garchomp, Landorus-T, Excadrill, Heatran, and Rotom-W. (Just want to note here that it Speed ties with Keldeo, another relevant Choice Scarf user. You may want to make note of this.) Finally, Choice Scarf also lets Terrakion outspeed all relevant Dragon Dance users at +1, such as Dragonite, Gyarados, Mega Charizard X, and Mega Tyranitar. Alternatively, using an Adamant nature would be is viable for the Attack increase; however, it only allows Terrakion to outspeed up to Jolly Scarf Landorus-T and Adamant Mega Charizard X at +1, (AC) . (RP) Missing missing out on Jolly Choice Scarf Garchomp and Jolly Mega Charizard X at +1.

Usage Tips
========

It's not too complicated, (RC) make sure that Terrakion is best used late-game when everything is weakened enough for Terrakion to clean, (RC) so it's best to let out Terrakion late-game. Choice Scarf Terrakion is really helpful in switching on predicted DD Dragon Dance, since as it outspeeds all relevant Dragon Dance users with a Jolly nature and can nail the KO them most of them. Always remember to make Make sure that Terrakion can KO all the opposing pokemon Pokemon when attempting to clean late late-game.

Team Options
========

Hazards Entry hazards are much appreciated, (AC) as since Terrakion would need as much chip damage as possible to successfully clean. Teams that are really weak to one or more Dragon Dance users user really appreciate Terrakion's ability to check most of them with a Choice Scarf. Additionally, Teams teams that lack a cleaner or a pokemon Pokemon with immediate speed would Speed also appreciate Choice Scarf Terrakion as a teammate. On the other hand, Terrakion appreciates teammates that can deal with bulky Ground- types Ground-types or bulky Water- types, (RC) Water-types such as Celebi, Focus Sash Breloom, Azumarill, Mega Venusaur, Rotom-W, Keldeo, and even Starmie. The bulkier the pokemon Pokemon, (AC) the better. (Even if this is true, you've said the exact same thing for the last three sets. Mix it up a bit, lol)

Choice Band
########
name: Choice Band
move 3: Quick Attack
move 4: X-Scissor / Rock Slide / Toxic
item: Choice Band

Moves
========

Close Combat is Terrakion's most powerful Fighting-type STAB move and is a great weapon for hitting the opponent really hard. Stone Edge is also a powerful STAB move, it offers excellent neutral coverage alongside Close Combat. (Isn't this the exact same thing you said for Scarf lol?) Quick Attack can be used to pick off faster pokemons Pokemon when weakened, (RC) while also hitting priority users as well, such as Talonflame and Azumarill. (Ya pretty sure Brave Bird goes first :x) X-Scissor can also be used to 2HKO Slowbro and Cresselia after some chip damage, while OHKO-ing also OHKOing Celebi. Since they are one of Terrakion's primary counters. Alternatively, Rock Slide can be used since for its better accuracy is more reliable, but it has a less power. It can be used against pokemons t to KO Pokemon such as Mega Charizard Y, Talonflame, and Mega Pinsir, (AC) since as using Stone Edge can be pretty risky, (RC) especially when it has an unreliable accuracy. Finally, Toxic can be used since it cripples one of to cripple Terrakion's main counters, such as Physically Defensive physically defensive Hippowdon, Cresselia, Slowbro, and Landorus-T.

Set Details
========

Max Maximum Speed with a speed boosting Jolly nature is used to outspeed as much pokemon as possible, (RC) Pokemon such as Garchomp, Landorus, and Mega Pinsir. Max Maximum Attack with a Choice Band is used for the maximum power, which is what this set focuses on. Choice Band allows Terrakion to gain immediate power, which can be extremely helpful against extremely defensive and stall teams, (RC) which with enough pressure, (RC) can prevent Swords Dance Terrakion wouldn't have the ability to set from setting up on.

Usage Tips
========

Bluffing the Choice Band another can be really helpful for late-game, as (Insert reason bluffing is helpful late-game here). Terrakion can achieve that bluff another item by getting the kill on pokemons KOing Pokemon that would die faint from one of Terrakion's moves without a boosting item, such as Tyranitar. Choice Band Terrakion is best used mid-game and late-game to try and sweep, clean, or wallbreak. However, Terrakion can use it's its great power to dent opposing teams as much as possible early-game.

Team Options
========

Hazard Entry hazard setters are good options, since as they turn a lot of 2HKOs into OHKOs. Pokemons Pokemon that resist Terrakion's most common weakness, (RC) such as to Ground- and Fighting- type Fighting-type attacks, (RC) are really very helpful. Examples of that are include Landorus-T, which can be extra helpful since because it also sets up rocks Stealth Rock. (You say "examples" so list more please) Pokemons Pokemon that greatly appreciate Terrakion's wallbreaking ability benefit from Terrakion too make good partners. (Such as?) Additionally, teams that lack a wallbreaker or any pokemon Pokemon with immediate power can use Choice Band Terrakion. Terrakion also appreciates teammates that can deal with bulky Ground- types Ground-types or bulky Water- types Water-types, such as Celebi, Focus Sash Breloom, Azumarill, Mega Venusaur, Rotom-W, Keldeo, and even Starmie. The bulkier the pokemon Pokemon, (AC) the better. (Please reword this; it has been C/P'd for the last 4 or so Team Options)

Other Options
########

A Swords Dance + Rock Polish set can be used, since as it is pretty effective depending on the situation, though Terrakion can rarely put one of them, (What are you even trying to say?) since as its bulk is only average. As for moves, Rock Tomb can be useful on Terrakion as it can to OHKO Talonflame and Mega Charizard Y, while lowering the speed Speed of whatever switches on Terrakion to help him outspeed and KO with another Rock Tomb or to just support another teammate in outspeeding this pokemon. Earthquake can also be used on Terrakion to guarantee the kill on Heatrans OHKO Heatran, if not using a Life Orb or Choice Band, and nail the KO on weakened Excadrill without getting the Defense and Special Defense drops from Close Combat. It also achieves nice coverage with Stone Edge. Finally, Zen Headbutt can be used to help eliminate some of Terrakion's checks, Mega Venusaur and Amoonguss particularly in particular.

Checks & Counters
########

**Bulky Psychic-types**: Physically Defensive Defensive Cresselia and Slowbro can use their typing and incredible physical bulk to shut Terrakion down. Each of them can takes take hits from even the Choice Band Terrakion set after Stealth Rock damage and hit back with their STAB Psychic-type attacks, making them hard counters. Additionally, Physically Defensive physically defensive Celebi is a hard check to Terrakion, easily taking a Choice Banded Stone Edge and 2HKO-ing 2HKOing back, (RC) especially because it has access to recovery; however, unlike the other two, (AC) it can be 2HKO-ed 2HKOed by Choice Band Terrakion's Stone Edge after rocks Stealth Rock. Starmie is a good revenge killer for all the sets other than Choice Scarf Terrakion and is a good answer for Focus Sash lead Terrakion, as it ca Rapid Spin away Stealth Rock, (RC) making it a good check.

**Bulky Ground-types**: Bulky Landorus-T, Physically physically defensive Gliscor, and physically defensive Hippowdon can take two hits from Choice Band Terrakion even after Stealth Rock and threaten back with STAB Earthquake. Quagsire can't counter item-boosted Terrakion, but it is definitely a hard check, (AC) as it can eat up a hit or two, heal up with Recover, and OHKO back at -1. (AP) , (RC) it It is also a hard counter to Choice Scarf Terrakion.

**Bulky Poison-types**: Physically Defensive defensive Mega Venusaur is a hard check to Terrakion, surviving 2 Choice Band Stone Edges from Terrakion without rocks Stealth Rock and being able to 2HKO. Additionally, (AC) Physically Defensive bulky physically defensive Amoonguss is a shaky check to Terrakion, as it can avoid the 2HKO from Life Orb Terrakion's Stone Edge without rocks Stealth Rock and having has a good chance to 2HKO. It also avoids the 2HKO from Choice Band Terrakion's Stone Edge if rocks aren't Stealth Rock isn't up and assuming it uses Giga Drain Drain-ed on the same turn.

**Bulky Fairy- types Fairy-types**: Clefable and Sylveon are shaky checks to Life Orb Terrakion and Choice Scarf, but only if heavily invested in Defense. Clefable can heal up until Terrakion's Life Orb recoil puts in Moonblast's KO range, (AC) while and only then it can check it. (RP) Sylveon can OHKO Terrakion with Hyper Voice after Life Orb recoil.

**Physically Defensive Behemoths Pokemon**: Pokemon that don't even resist Terrakion's STAB but have an incredible Defense stat can also check Terrakion. Suicune, Tangrowth, and Chesnaught come to mind are good answers; however, only Tangrowth is a true counter. Suicune and Chesnaught are only shaky counters, living a hit from Choice Band and 2HKO-ing 2HKOing. Tangrowth eats everything up can take any attack and 2HKOs with Giga Drain.

**Faster Offensive Pokemon**: There are a lot of common offensive Pokemon that can naturally outspeed non-Choice Scarf Terrakion and KO it with a super effective attack. Examples include Greninja, Thundurus, Alakazam, Latios, and Latias. Likewise, Choice Scarf variants of many slower Pokemon, such as Garchomp, Landorus-T and Rotom-W, (RC) can outspeed Terrakion and check it in the same manner.

**Priority**: The prevalence of powerful priority makes it harder for Terrakion to sweep. Moves such as Brave Bird from Talonflame, Aqua Jet from Azumarill, Mach Punch from Breloom and Conkeldurr, and Bullet Punch from Scizor are capable of inflicting severe damage to Terrakion if not outright defeating KOing it. This is especially effective if the priority pokemon Pokemon is not in range of Quick Attack at +2 from the Life Orb Attacker set or from the Choice Band set.

Last edited:
Am Check

This is WIP, I've been working on it on and off for so long... I'll get to it sometime tomorrow maybe (I'm extremely busy though, so probably not)
This is more for my own practice than anything, so feel free to ignore it if I can't finish it.

Consider this finished, I really don't have the time to double-check everything, lol.

Remove
Add
Comments

Overview
########

Terrakion has always been one of the best offensive pokemon ever Pokemon in OU, capable of checking and outspeeding a large portion of the metagame. Its base 129 Attack stat is impressive, as is the coverage it gets between its Rock- and Fighting-type STABs STAB coverage. That This, (AC) combined with its good base 108 Speed stat, (AC) makes Terrakion a powerful sweeper and wallbreaker that is nearly impossible to switch into. Its resistance to Stealth Rock also helps it switch in and out more easily, and its decent bulk ensures that it won't roll over and die faint to just any attack. It's solid stats, coverage, and versatility easily makes it one of the best offensive Rock- type and Fighting- type. (No need for this, you basically said this all in the paragraph)

However, having common checks and counters, (AC) such as bulky Psychic- and Ground-types, (AC) always limits Terrakion's sweeping capabilities, (RC) such as bulky Psychic- and Ground- types. It's Its above average speed Speed also hinders it's its ability to sweep, since as there is are a decent amount of pokemon who Pokemon which can either outspeed and nail the KO Terrakion or use priority to finish it off after a bit of prior damage, (RC) with some chip damage, (RC) to nail the kill on Terrakion. The rising popularity of Clefable is also not really helpful in Terrakion's case for Terrakion, either, as it can beat Terrakion 1v1.

(These paragraphs contradict each other a lot. For example, in the first paragraph, you say it's "nearly impossible to switch into" but in the second paragraph you say "it has common check and counters". Another example is how you say it "outspeeds a large potion of the metagame" but then say "its above average Speed hinders it" plz fix)

Stealth Rock
########

Moves:
========

Stealth Rock is a useful entry hazard, (AC) and Terrakion can use its great offensive presence to force switches and set it up with ease entry hazards. Close Combat is Terrakion's most powerful Fighting-type STAB move and is a great weapon for hitting the opponent really hits very hard. Stone Edge is also a powerful Rock-type STAB move, (RC) it that offers excellent neutral coverage alongside Close Combat. (Remove Line Break) Finally, Taunt prevents slower pokemons Pokemon such as Garchomp, Landorus-T, and Smeargle from setting up their own rocks entry hazards, (RC) such as Garchomp, Landorus-Therian, Mamoswine, and Smeargle. (Removed Mamoswine because Oblivious) It also helps prevent slower Defog users from removing Stealth Rock or any entry hazard on from the field. However, Swords Dance can be used over Taunt as there are sometimes where Swords Dance is handy, but not as much as Taunt. ("As there are sometimes where Swords Dance is handy" ? That definitely need to be more descriptive. Specifically, WHY is it so handy?)

Set Details
========

Focus Sash is the primary item option is at almost guarantees that Terrakion sets can sets up Stealth Rock and Taunt slower entry hazard users, while also preventing opposing pokemon Pokemon from possibly using Defog. Maximum speed Speed and a Jolly nature let lets Terrakion outrun outspeed as many pokemons Pokemon as possible, (RC) such as Garchomp, Landorus, Mega Charizard X, and Mega Pinsir, all of which Terrakion can't outspeed with an Adamant nature doesn't outspeed. Maximum Attack gives Terrakion some solid power, (AC) which is really useful with the a great STAB combination of in Close Combat and Stone Edge.

Usage Tips
========

Focus Sash Terrakion is a great pokemon Pokemon to choose for laying lay down your hazards Stealth Rock, since as it pressures slower Defog users with Taunt and it's its own power to effectively keep hazards Stealth Rock in play. It is best to set up Stealth Rock as early as you can, as it is really vital for dealing with threats such as Talonflame. Leading with Terrakion is also useful, as it allows it to Taunt in Taunting opposing leads to and prevent them from laying down their own entry hazards. If your opponent has a Rapid Spin or Defog user, you should it is important to play more conservatively with Terrakion in case it needs to set up Stealth Rock again. (AP) ; (RSC) However, if your opponent doesn't have one of these a way to remove entry hazards or you don't need Terrakion to check anything, don't be afraid to sacrifice Terrakion to gain momentum, (RC) as losing momentum would oppose Terrakion's purpose.

Team Options
========

Terrakion is best used on fast-paced offensive teams that need a reliable offensive Stealth Rock user. That said, you'll want to Because of this, pair this Terrakion set with powerful offensive teammates such as Greninja, Talonflame and Thundurus, which are capable of both making full use of the extra Stealth Rock damage and using their natural offensive presence to prevent the opponent from easily using Rapid Spin or Defog to remove Stealth Rock. As for pokemons that can help Terrakion, (RC) Anything Pokemon that can Pursuit trap Latias and Latios, such as Bisharp and Tyranitar, are really appreciated, since as Terrakion is too slow to outspeed and Taunt them Latios and Latias and prevent them from using Defog while pokemons such as Bisharp and Tyranitar can efficiently pursuit trap them. Additionally, Healing Wish Latias is also a great teammate for Focus Sash lead Terrakion, since as it can heal Terrakion back to full health after Terrakion has been brought down to its Focus Sash guarantees Terrakion living a hit and then Latias would heal it back to full health to further pressure slower Defog users and use its power.

Life Orb Attacker
########

Moves
========

Close Combat is Terrakion's most powerful Fighting-type STAB move and is a great weapon for hitting the opponent really extremely hard, especially with a Life Orb. Stone Edge is also a powerful STAB move, it offers excellent neutral coverage alongside Close Combat. Swords Dance allows Terrakion to sweep later in the game once the opposing team has been weakened and faster threats or and priority users have been removed. Along with Life Orb, Swords Dance makes Terrakion an extremely powerful threat, 2HKO-ing 2HKOing almost the entire meta metagame. Substitute is a great move, as it can easily provide momentum if used right, such as predicting a switch or status. Alternatively, Quick Attack can be used to pick off weakened Priority pokemon Pokemon with priority, such as Talonflame after rocks Stealth Rock and Azumarill afters switching in on a +2 Close Combat. (Doesn't Brave Bird go before Quick Attack though? 0_0) It also helps in eliminating, (AC) or at least, (AC) weakening faster threats, (RC) such as Greninja, Latios, and Latias. Furthermore, running Hidden Power Ice while making the nature and a Naive nature and moving the leftover 4 Special Defense EVs into SpA Special Attack can make Terrakion a lure to Gliscor and Landorus-T, nailing the KO after rocks Stealth Rock and Stone Edge damage. Finally, Terrakion can run Rock Polish over Swords Dance or the last slot Substitute. (AP) , (RC) if If Rock Polish is chosen you chose it over Swords Dance, then you must it is important to note that it Terrakion becomes more of a dead weight against stall in the exchange of for making being a fantastic late-game cleaner late game. Choosing it over the last slot means Terrakion is running both Swords Dance and Rock Polish, which doesn't mean that Terrakion will try and set up both, but rather set up one of them depending on the situation. For example, it Terrakion sets should set up a Swords Dance against stall, bulky offensive, or balanced teams, while sets setting up a Rock Polish against hyper offensive and priority-spam teams.

Set Details
========

A Speed-boosting nature and maximum Speed investment is needed to allow Terrakion to outrun as many foes as possible. Use Naive if you are using Hidden Power Ice, and use Jolly if you are using Substitute or Quick Attack. The 4 EVs on SpA should be moves into Defense if you are using Quick Attack. Terrakion's Attack stat is maximized to provide optimal physical power. (Remove Line Break) As for the item, Life Orb is the primary choice, (AC) as it provides a significant boost to all of Terrakion's attacks. However, Expert Belt can also be used to bluff a Choice item and act as an even more effective lure, but it misses out on a lot of power.

Usage Tips
========

The Life Orb Attacker Terrakion serves as a fantastic wallbreaker, but be careful when setting up Swords Dance or Substitute. (AP) , (RC) only Only set then up on a predicted switch or on a really weak attack. You can also set up predicted a Substitute or a Swords Dance predicting the opposing pokemon Pokemon to set up entry hazards or a slow taunt Taunt. As for Substitute, you can additionally use it on a predicted status move, such as Thunder Wave or Will-o-Wisp and Will-O-Wisp. Quick Attack should not be revealed early, as it packs the surprise factor and helps pick off priority threats when weakened, such as Talonflame after rocks Stealth Rock and Azumarill after switching in on a +2 Close Combat. (Again, I'm almost positive Brave Bird goes before Quick Attack) If the opposing pokemon Pokemon is faster than Terrakion and can potentially KO Terrakion it, (AC) then using Quick Attack as as last-ditch effort could can also be useful for Terrakion's teammates to pick the KO.

Team Options
========

Any pokemon Pokemon that appreciates Terrakion's natural cleaning, wallbreaking, or and even sweeping abilities can be picked as Terrakion's teammate. Terrakion itself needs entry hazard support to turn as many 3HKOs into 2HKOs and 2HKOs into OHKOs as possible, especially if attempting a sweep with Swords Dance. (List examples of hazard setters) Additionally, Terrakion loves Sand support from Tyranitar or Hippowdon, as it gives you considerable amount of Special Defense to live thing such as Choice Scarf Keldeo's Hydro Pump, (RC) or prevents other pokemon attacks from breaking Terrakion's Substitute, such as Rotom-W's Volt Switch. Other pokemons Pokemon that resist Terrakion's common weaknesses, (RC) such as Ground and Fighting, (RC) to Ground- and Fighting-type attacks are really appreciated. (List examples) Terrakion also appreciates teammates that can deal with bulky Ground- types or bulky Water- types, such as Celebi, Focus Sash Breloom, Azumarill, Mega Venusaur, Rotom-W, Keldeo, and even Starmie. The bulkier the pokemon Pokemon, (AC) the better, because as Terrakion has some decent defenses and wouldn't appreciate a frail teammate. (This seems kinda... wrong... A lot of HO teams tend to have frailer Pokemon. You even mentioned Breloom and Starmie as teammates, which are both quite frail.)

SubSalac
########

Moves
========

Substitute is a great move on Terrakion, as it allows Terrakion to avoid status, (RC) which cripple Terrakion a lot, (RC) and Intimidates once behind a substitute Intimidate. (Removed information was implied) Additionally, Swords Dance makes Terrakion's Attack sky high. (RP) It sky-high and helps is really useful to help Terrakion nails some KOs on bulky pokemons after some a bit of residual damage. As for damaging moves, Stone Edge is Terrakion's most powerful and reliable Rock Rock-type STAB move, hitting Landorus-T and Gliscor neutrally, while Close Combat is Terrakion's most reliable and consistent Fighting Fighting-type STAB attack. (AP) , (RC) Close Combat's its accuracy is also really helpful, (AC) especially since because your Terrakion's only other damaging move is Stone Edge.

Set Details
========

Maximum speed Speed with a boosting Jolly nature helps Terrakion outspeed a lot of common pokemon Pokemon before the Salac berry Berry boost, such as Garchomp, both Mega Charizards Charizard, Landorus, and Mega Pinsir. Maximum Attack is for maximum power and maximum damage, which Terrakion really needs since as this set lacks a boosting item. The leftover 4 EV's EVs are put into HP, which allow Terrakion to activate Salac Berry only after 3 subs Substitutes. After a Salac Berry boost, Terrakion outspeeds many pokemon Pokemon, such as Latios, Latias, Greninja, and Thundurus. It also lets Terrakion outspeed every relevant Choice Scarf user in the tier, such as Garchomp, Landorus-T, Excadrill, Heatran, and Rotom-W. Finally, the boost from Salac Berry also lets Terrakion outspeed all relevant Dragon Dance users at +1, such as Dragonite, Gyarados, Mega Charizard X, and Mega Tyranitar, OHKO-ing OHKOing all of them with the slightest chip damage.

Usage Tips
========

This set is really effective late game late-game when everything is weakened and Terrakion's primary counters are eliminated, which makes this set a perfect cleaner. If played right, Terrakion can also sweep mid-game, as long as Terrakion's main counters are out of the battle. Additionally,(space)this set can also be used early-game when there aren't if the opponent doesn't any counters to this set, or just to dent the opposing team as it hits really extremely hard even when resisted. As mentioned before, use substitute Substitute against slower pokemon Pokemon which either want to status Terrakion, set-up set up their entry hazards, remove their your team's entry hazards, or just heal up. It can be also used on really weak moves such as on Heatran's Lava Plume, or can be used when a switch is predicted.

Team Options
========

Offensive Pokemon appreciate the openings that Terrakion can create with its natural wallbreaking abilities, so pokemons Pokemon like Greninja, Landorus, and Thundurus really want a pokemon Pokemon like Terrakion as a teammate. As mentioned earlier, (RC) Terrakion itself needs entry hazard support to turn as many 3HKOs into 2HKOs and 2HKOs into OHKOs as possible, especially if attempting a sweep with Swords Dance. (List some entry hazard setters) Additionally, Terrakion loves Sand support, as it gives you considerable amount of Special Defense to live thing such as Scarf Keldeo's Hydro Pump, and for other things attacks to not break sub its Substitute, such as Rotom-W's Volt Switch. Terrakion also appreciates teammates that can deal with bulky Ground- types Ground-types or bulky Water- types Water-types, such as Celebi, Focus Sash Breloom, Azumarill, Mega Venusaur, Rotom-W, Keldeo, and even Starmie. The bulkier the pokemon Pokemon, (AC) the better. (Yeah once again this isn't necessarily correct I feel like)

Choice Scarf
########

Moves
========

Close Combat is Terrakion's most powerful Fighting-type STAB move and is a great weapon for hitting the opponent really hard. Stone Edge is also a powerful STAB move, (RC) it that offers excellent neutral coverage alongside Close Combat. As for Iron Head, (RC) it is really very useful in picking off weakened Sylveon, Gardevoir, and Clefable late-game without relying on Stone Edge's accuracy or even power, as it doesn't do enough damage all the time. Iron Head also boosts Terrakion's cleaning ability as it provides more coverage. (This sentence doesn't seem necessary, nor does it make all that much sense.) Rock Slide is useful on this set as well, (AC) as since Stone Edge can be rather unreliable in terms of accuracy. (AP) , (RC) but it However, Rock Slide can't pick KO certain threats if they are not weakened enough.(Space)Alternatively, X-Scissor can also be useful over Rock Slide, as it hits Physically Defensive physically defensive Celebi and Slowbro, both which are becoming rather popular.

Set Details
========

Maximum Attack is used for maximum power, which Terrakion really needs since a Choice Scarf set is rather weak because it is not running a boosting item. With maximum speed Speed and a boosting Jolly nature, along with a Choice Scarf, Terrakion outspeeds many pokemons Pokemon it usually doesn't outspeed, such pokemons are as Latios, Latias, Greninja, and Thundurus. It also allows Terrakion to outspeed every relevant Choice Scarf user in the tier, such as Garchomp, Landorus-T, Excadrill, Heatran, and Rotom-W. (Just want to note here that it Speed ties with Keldeo, another relevant Choice Scarf user. You may want to make note of this.) Finally, Choice Scarf also lets Terrakion outspeed all relevant Dragon Dance users at +1, such as Dragonite, Gyarados, Mega Charizard X, and Mega Tyranitar. Alternatively, using an Adamant nature would be is viable for the Attack increase; however, it only allows Terrakion to outspeed up to Jolly Scarf Landorus-T and Adamant Mega Charizard X at +1, (AC) . (RP) Missing missing out on Jolly Choice Scarf Garchomp and Jolly Mega Charizard X at +1.

Usage Tips
========

It's not too complicated, (RC) make sure that Terrakion is best used late-game when everything is weakened enough for Terrakion to clean, (RC) so it's best to let out Terrakion late-game. Choice Scarf Terrakion is really helpful in switching on predicted DD Dragon Dance, since as it outspeeds all relevant Dragon Dance users with a Jolly nature and can nail the KO them most of them. Always remember to make Make sure that Terrakion can KO all the opposing pokemon Pokemon when attempting to clean late late-game.

Team Options
========

Hazards Entry hazards are much appreciated, (AC) as since Terrakion would need as much chip damage as possible to successfully clean. Teams that are really weak to one or more Dragon Dance users user really appreciate Terrakion's ability to check most of them with a Choice Scarf. Additionally, Teams teams that lack a cleaner or a pokemon Pokemon with immediate speed would Speed also appreciate Choice Scarf Terrakion as a teammate. On the other hand, Terrakion appreciates teammates that can deal with bulky Ground- types Ground-types or bulky Water- types, (RC) Water-types such as Celebi, Focus Sash Breloom, Azumarill, Mega Venusaur, Rotom-W, Keldeo, and even Starmie. The bulkier the pokemon Pokemon, (AC) the better. (Even if this is true, you've said the exact same thing for the last three sets. Mix it up a bit, lol)

Choice Band
########

Moves
========

Close Combat is Terrakion's most powerful Fighting-type STAB move and is a great weapon for hitting the opponent really hard. Stone Edge is also a powerful STAB move, it offers excellent neutral coverage alongside Close Combat. (Isn't this the exact same thing you said for Scarf lol?) Quick Attack can be used to pick off faster pokemons Pokemon when weakened, (RC) while also hitting priority users as well, such as Talonflame and Azumarill. (Ya pretty sure Brave Bird goes first :x) X-Scissor can also be used to 2HKO Slowbro and Cresselia after some chip damage, while OHKO-ing also OHKOing Celebi. Since they are one of Terrakion's primary counters. Alternatively, Rock Slide can be used since for its better accuracy is more reliable, but it has a less power. It can be used against pokemons t to KO Pokemon such as Mega Charizard Y, Talonflame, and Mega Pinsir, (AC) since as using Stone Edge can be pretty risky, (RC) especially when it has an unreliable accuracy. Finally, Toxic can be used since it cripples one of to cripple Terrakion's main counters, such as Physically Defensive physically defensive Hippowdon, Cresselia, Slowbro, and Landorus-T.

Set Details
========

Max Maximum Speed with a speed boosting Jolly nature is used to outspeed as much pokemon as possible, (RC) Pokemon such as Garchomp, Landorus, and Mega Pinsir. Max Maximum Attack with a Choice Band is used for the maximum power, which is what this set focuses on. Choice Band allows Terrakion to gain immediate power, which can be extremely helpful against extremely defensive and stall teams, (RC) which with enough pressure, (RC) can prevent Swords Dance Terrakion wouldn't have the ability to set from setting up on.

Usage Tips
========

Bluffing the Choice Band another can be really helpful for late-game, as (Insert reason bluffing is helpful late-game here). Terrakion can achieve that bluff another item by getting the kill on pokemons KOing Pokemon that would die faint from one of Terrakion's moves without a boosting item, such as Tyranitar. Choice Band Terrakion is best used mid-game and late-game to try and sweep, clean, or wallbreak. However, Terrakion can use it's its great power to dent opposing teams as much as possible early-game.

Team Options
========

Hazard Entry hazard setters are good options, since as they turn a lot of 2HKOs into OHKOs. Pokemons Pokemon that resist Terrakion's most common weakness, (RC) such as to Ground- and Fighting- type Fighting-type attacks, (RC) are really very helpful. Examples of that are include Landorus-T, which can be extra helpful since because it also sets up rocks Stealth Rock. (You say "examples" so list more please) Pokemons Pokemon that greatly appreciate Terrakion's wallbreaking ability benefit from Terrakion too make good partners. (Such as?) Additionally, teams that lack a wallbreaker or any pokemon Pokemon with immediate power can use Choice Band Terrakion. Terrakion also appreciates teammates that can deal with bulky Ground- types Ground-types or bulky Water- types Water-types, such as Celebi, Focus Sash Breloom, Azumarill, Mega Venusaur, Rotom-W, Keldeo, and even Starmie. The bulkier the pokemon Pokemon, (AC) the better. (Please reword this; it has been C/P'd for the last 4 or so Team Options)

Other Options
########

A Swords Dance + Rock Polish set can be used, since as it is pretty effective depending on the situation, though Terrakion can rarely put one of them, (What are you even trying to say?) since as its bulk is only average. As for moves, Rock Tomb can be useful on Terrakion as it can to OHKO Talonflame and Mega Charizard Y, while lowering the speed Speed of whatever switches on Terrakion to help him outspeed and KO with another Rock Tomb or to just support another teammate in outspeeding this pokemon. Earthquake can also be used on Terrakion to guarantee the kill on Heatrans OHKO Heatran, if not using a Life Orb or Choice Band, and nail the KO on weakened Excadrill without getting the Defense and Special Defense drops from Close Combat. It also achieves nice coverage with Stone Edge. Finally, Zen Headbutt can be used to help eliminate some of Terrakion's checks, Mega Venusaur and Amoonguss particularly in particular.

Checks & Counters
########

**Bulky Psychic-types**: Physically Defensive Defensive Cresselia and Slowbro can use their typing and incredible physical bulk to shut Terrakion down. Each of them can takes take hits from even the Choice Band Terrakion set after Stealth Rock damage and hit back with their STAB Psychic-type attacks, making them hard counters. Additionally, Physically Defensive physically defensive Celebi is a hard check to Terrakion, easily taking a Choice Banded Stone Edge and 2HKO-ing 2HKOing back, (RC) especially because it has access to recovery; however, unlike the other two, (AC) it can be 2HKO-ed 2HKOed by Choice Band Terrakion's Stone Edge after rocks Stealth Rock. Starmie is a good revenge killer for all the sets other than Choice Scarf Terrakion and is a good answer for Focus Sash lead Terrakion, as it ca Rapid Spin away Stealth Rock, (RC) making it a good check.

**Bulky Ground-types**: Bulky Landorus-T, Physically physically defensive Gliscor, and physically defensive Hippowdon can take two hits from Choice Band Terrakion even after Stealth Rock and threaten back with STAB Earthquake. Quagsire can't counter item-boosted Terrakion, but it is definitely a hard check, (AC) as it can eat up a hit or two, heal up with Recover, and OHKO back at -1. (AP) , (RC) it It is also a hard counter to Choice Scarf Terrakion.

**Bulky Poison-types**: Physically Defensive defensive Mega Venusaur is a hard check to Terrakion, surviving 2 Choice Band Stone Edges from Terrakion without rocks Stealth Rock and being able to 2HKO. Additionally, (AC) Physically Defensive bulky physically defensive Amoonguss is a shaky check to Terrakion, as it can avoid the 2HKO from Life Orb Terrakion's Stone Edge without rocks Stealth Rock and having has a good chance to 2HKO. It also avoids the 2HKO from Choice Band Terrakion's Stone Edge if rocks aren't Stealth Rock isn't up and assuming it uses Giga Drain Drain-ed on the same turn.

**Bulky Fairy- types Fairy-types**: Clefable and Sylveon are shaky checks to Life Orb Terrakion and Choice Scarf, but only if heavily invested in Defense. Clefable can heal up until Terrakion's Life Orb recoil puts in Moonblast's KO range, (AC) while and only then it can check it. (RP) Sylveon can OHKO Terrakion with Hyper Voice after Life Orb recoil.

**Physically Defensive Behemoths Pokemon**: Pokemon that don't even resist Terrakion's STAB but have an incredible Defense stat can also check Terrakion. Suicune, Tangrowth, and Chesnaught come to mind are good answers; however, only Tangrowth is a true counter. Suicune and Chesnaught are only shaky counters, living a hit from Choice Band and 2HKO-ing 2HKOing. Tangrowth eats everything up can take any attack and 2HKOs with Giga Drain.

**Faster Offensive Pokemon**: There are a lot of common offensive Pokemon that can naturally outspeed non-Choice Scarf Terrakion and KO it with a super effective attack. Examples include Greninja, Thundurus, Alakazam, Latios, and Latias. Likewise, Choice Scarf variants of many slower Pokemon, such as Garchomp, Landorus-T and Rotom-W, (RC) can outspeed Terrakion and check it in the same manner.

**Priority**: The prevalence of powerful priority makes it harder for Terrakion to sweep. Moves such as Brave Bird from Talonflame, Aqua Jet from Azumarill, Mach Punch from Breloom and Conkeldurr, and Bullet Punch from Scizor are capable of inflicting severe damage to Terrakion if not outright defeating KOing it. This is especially effective if the priority pokemon Pokemon is not in range of Quick Attack at +2 from the Life Orb Attacker set or from the Choice Band set.
Thanks! For now edited Overview and first 2 stets, going to do the rest later

Alright implemented LightningLuxray's check. I'm assuming it doesn't count though.

Also yeah Quick Attack doesn't go before Brave Bird on Jolly Talonflame or max speed Adamant; however, most tend to run some HP EVs with only like 176 Spe and Adamant. removed it anyways

Waiting for more GP checks

Weebl

Hey!
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi, here's an amcheck. :D You've left quite a few remnants of the previous check in here while implementing it, so take care not to do that in the future.

add remove (comments)

Overview
########

Terrakion has always been one of the best offensive Pokemon in OU, capable of checking and outspeeding a large portion of the metagame. Its base 129 Attack stat, (AC) is impressive, as is its Rock- and / Fighting-(add hyphen)type STAB combination, (AC) coverage. This, combined with and its good base 108 Speed stat, makes Terrakion a powerful sweeper and wallbreaker that is very hard to switch into. Its resistance to Stealth Rock also helps it switch in and out more easily, and its decent bulk ensures that it won't faintbe KOed by just any attack.

However, havingTerrakion's common checks and counters, such as bulky Psychic- and Ground- type counters, (RC) limits Terrakion' its capabilities. Even though itTerrakion has a very good Speed stat, it still hinders its ability to sweep, as there are still a decent amount number of Pokemon which can either outspeed and KO Terrakionit or use priority to finish it off after a bit of prior damage. TheClefable's rising popularity of Clefablusage is not very helpful for Terrakion, (RC) either, as it can beat it Terrakion up 1v1.

Stealth Rock
########

Moves:
========

Stealth Rock is a useful entry hazard, and Terrakion can use its great offensive presence to force switches and set it up with ease. Close Combat and is Terrakion's most powerful Fighting-type STAB move and hits very hard. Stone Edge are is a powerful Rock-type STAB moves that offers excellent neutral coverage alongside Close Combateach other. Finally, Taunt prevents slower Pokemons, (AC) such as Garchomp and Landorus-Therian, (AC) from setting up their own entry hazard. It also helps prevents, and slower Defog users from removing any entry hazards from the field. However, Swords Dance can be used over Taunt as there are sometimes where Swords Dance is sometimes handy, such as forcing out Pokemons that fear a +2 Close Combat or Stone Edge; however, Taunt is ultimately more useful.

Set Details
========

Focus Sash almost guarantees that Terrakion can sets up Stealth Rock and Taunt slower entry hazard or Defog users, while also preventing opposing Pokemon from using Defog. Maximum Speed investment with and a Jolly nature lets Terrakion outspeed Pokemons, such as Garchomp, Landorus, Mega Charizard X, and Mega Pinsir, all of which Terrakion can't outspeed with an Adamant nature. Maximum Attack investment gives Terrakion some solid power, which is really useful with a great STAB combination in Close Combat and Stone Edge.

Usage Tips
========

Focus Sash Terrakion is a great Pokemon to lay down Stealth Rock, (RC) user as it pressures slower Defog users with Taunt and uses its own power offensive presence to effectively keep Stealth Rock in play. It is best to set up Stealth Rock as early as you can possible, as it is really vital for dealing with threats such as Talonflame. Leading with Terrakion is also useful as it allows it to can Taunt opposing leads and prevent them from laying down their own entry hazards. If your opponent has a Rapid Spin or Defog user, it is important to play more conservatively with Terrakion in case it needs to set up Stealth Rock again. However, if your opponent doesn't have a way to remove entry hazards or you don't need Terrakion to check anything, don't be afraid to sacrifice Terrakion it to gain momentum.

Team Options
========

Terrakion is best used on fast-paced offensive teams that need a reliable offensive Stealth Rock user. Because of this,Therefore, you should pair this Terrakion set with powerful offensive teammates, (AC) such as Greninja, Talonflame, (AC) and Thundurus, which are capable of both can makinge full use of the extra Stealth Rock damage and usinge their natural offensive presence to prevent the opponent from easily using Rapid Spin or Defog. Pokemon that can Pursuit trap Latias and Latios, such as Bisharp and Tyranitar, are appreciated, as Terrakion is too slow to Taunt Latios andor Latias and them prevent them from using Defog. Additionally, Healing Wish Latias is a great teammate for Terrakion, (RC) as it can heal Terrakion back to full health after Terrakion has been brought down to its Focus Sash.

Life Orb Attacker
########

Moves
========

Both Stone Edge and Close Combat are great weapons with which to hit the opponent extremely hard, especially with a Life Orb,.Close Combat is Terrakion's most powerful Fighting-type STAB move and is a great weapon for hitting the opponent extremely hard, especially with a Life Orb. Stone Edge is also a powerful STAB move, it offers and share excellent neutral coverage alongside Close Combat each other. Swords Dance allows Terrakion to sweep later in the game late-game once the opposing team has been weakened, (AC) and faster threats and priority users have been removed. Along with Life Orb, Swords Dance makes Terrakion an extremely powerful threat, 2HKOing almost the entire metagame. Substitute is a great move, (RC) as it can easily provide momentum if used right, such as on a predicting aed switch or status move. Alternatively, Quick Attack can be used to pick off weakened Pokemon with priority, such as Azumarill after switching in on a +2 Close Combat. It also helps in eliminating, or at least, (RC) weakening, (AC) faster threats such as Greninja, Latios, and Latias. Furthermore, running Hidden Power Ice andwith a Naive nature and moving the leftover 4 Special Defense EVs into Special Attack can make Terrakion a lure tofor Gliscor and Landorus-T, nailing the KO after Stealth Rock and Stone Edge damage. Finally, Terrakion can run Rock Polish over either Swords Dance or Substitute. If Rock Polish is chosen over Swords Dance, then it is important to note that Terrakion becomes more of a dead weight against stall in the exchange for becoming a fantastic late-game cleaner. Choosing it over the last slot means Otherwise, Terrakion is will be running both Swords Dance and Rock Polish, which doesn't mean that Terrakion will try and set up both of them, but rather set up just one of them, depending on the situation. For example, Terrakion should set up a Swords Dance against stall, bulky offensive, or balanced teams, whileand setting up a Rock Polish against hyper offensive and priority-spam teams.

Set Details
========

A252 Speed-boosting nature EVs and maximum Speed investment isa positive nature are needed to allow Terrakion to outrun as many foes as possible. Use a Naive nature if you are using Hidden Power Ice, and usea Jolly nature if you are using Substitute or Quick Attack. Terrakion's252 Attack stat is maximizEVs are used to provide optimal physical power. As for the item, Life Orb is the primary item choice, as it provides a significant boost to all of Terrakion's attacks. However, Expert Belt can also be used to bluff a Choice item and act as an even more effective lure, but it misses out on a lot of power against neutral targets.

Usage Tips
========

The Life Orb Attacker Terrakion serves as a fantastic wallbreaker, but be careful whenonly setting up Swords Dance or Substitute. Only set then up on a predicted switch, (AC) or on a weak attack, (AC). You can also set up a Substitute or a Swords Dance when predicting the opposing Pokemon to set up entry hazards move, or Taunt. As for You can also use Substitute, you can additionally use it on a predicted status move, such as Thunder Wave andor Will-O-Wisp. Quick Attack should not be revealed too early, as it packs the an element of surprise (<-- I think this sounds better, keep it if you want to.) surprise factor and helps pick off weakened priority users threats when weakened, such as Azumarill after switching in on a +2 Close Combat. If the opposing Pokemon is faster than Terrakion and can potentially KO it, then using Quick Attack as as last-ditch effort can also be useful for Terrakion's teammates to pick the KO revenge kill the foe.

Team Options
========

Any Pokemon that appreciates Terrakion's natural cleaning, wallbreaking, and even sweeping abilities can be picked as Terrakion's teammate. Terrakion itself needs entry hazard support, (RC) from Pokemons such as Landorus-t,T to turn as many 3HKOs into 2HKOs and 2HKOs into OHKOs as possible, especially if attempting a sweep with Swords Dance. Additionally, Terrakion loves Ssand support from Tyranitar or Hippowdon, as it gives you it a considerable amount of Special Defense boost, allowing it to live things attacks such as Choice Scarf Keldeo's Hydro Pump orand preventsing other attacks from breaking Terrakion's Substitute, such as Rotom-W's Volt Switch. Other Pokemon that resist Terrakion's common weaknesses to Ground- (remove hyphen) and Fighting- type attacks, such as Landorus-tT and Mega Heracross, are appreciated. Terrakion also appreciates teammates that can deal with bulky Ground- types or bulky Water-types, (remove space between "Water-" and "types.") such as Celebi, Azumarill, Mega Venusaur, Rotom-W, Keldeo, and even Bbulky Starmie. The bulkier the pokemon Pokemon, the better, as Terrakion has some decent defenses and wouldn't appreciate a frail teammate.

SubSalac
########

Moves
========

Substitute is a great move on Terrakion, (RC) thas it allows Terrakion to avoid status and Attack drops from opposing Intimidate users. Additionally, Swords Dance makeboosts Terrakion's Attack Istat to sky-high levels and helps Terrakionit nail some KOs on bulky pPokemons after a bit of residual damage. As for damaging moves,prior damage. Stone Edge is Terrakion's most powerful Rock-type STAB move, hitting Landorus-T and Gliscor neutrally, while Close Combat is Terrakion's most reliable and consistent Fighting-type STAB attack. Close Combat's accuracy is also really helpful, especially because Terrakion's only other damaging move is Stone Edge, which only has 80% accuracy.

Set Details
========

Maximum Speed investment with a Jolly nature helpslets Terrakion outspeed a lot of common Pokemon before the Salac Berry boost, such as Garchomp, Charizard, Landorus, and Mega Pinsir. Maximum Attack is for maximum power, which Terrakion really needs as this set lacks an Attack-boosting item. The leftover 4 EVs are put into HP, which allow Terrakion to activate Salac Berry only after only 3 Substitutes. After a Salac Berry boost, Terrakion outspeeds many Pokemon, such as Latios, Latias, Greninja, and Thundurus. It also lets Terrakion outspeed every relevant Choice Scarf user in the tier, such as Garchomp, Landorus-T, Excadrill (lol scarf drill...this isn't a thing, right?), Heatran, and Rotom-W, as well as. Finally, the boost from Salac Berry also lets Terrakion outspeed all relevant Dragon Dance users at +1, such as Dragonite, Gyarados, Mega Charizard X, and Mega Tyranitar, OHKOing all of them with the slightest bit of chip damage.

Usage Tips
========

This set is really effective late-game when everything is weakened and Terrakion's primary counters are eliminated, which makes this set a perfect cleaner. If played right, Terrakion can also sweep mid-game, as long as Terrakion's main counters are out of the battle. Additionally, this set can also be used early-game if the opponent doesn't any counters to this set, or just to dent the opposing team, (AC) as it hits extremely hard even when resisted. As mentioned before, use Substitute against slower Pokemon which either want to status Terrakion, set up entry hazards, remove your team's entry hazards, or just heal. It can be also used on really weak moves, (AC) such as on Heatran's Lava Plume, or can be used when a switch is a predicted switch.

Team Options
========

Offensive Pokemon that appreciate the openings that Terrakion can create with its natural wallbreaking abilities, such as Greninja, Landorus, and Thundurus, appreciate Terrakion as a teammate so Pokemon like Greninja, Landorus, and Thundurus really want a Pokemon like Terrakion as a teammate. Terrakion itself needs entry hazard support, (AC) from Pokemons such as Landorus-tT, (RC) to turn as many 3HKOs into 2HKOs and 2HKOs into OHKOs as possible, especially if attempting a sweep with Swords Dance. Additionally, Terrakion loves Ssand support from Tyranitar or Hippowdon, as it gives you it a considerable amount of Special Defense boost, allowing it to live things attacks such as Choice Scarf Keldeo's Hydro Pump orand preventsing other attacks from breaking Terrakion's Substitute, such as Rotom-W's Volt Switch. Terrakion also appreciates teammates that can deal with bulky Ground- types or bulky Water-types, such as Celebi, Azumarill, Mega Venusaur, Rotom-W, Keldeo, and even Bbulky Starmie. The bulkier the pokemon Pokemon, the better, as Terrakion has some decent defenses and wouldn't appreciate a frail teammate.

Choice Scarf
########

Moves
========

Close Combat is Terrakion's most powerful Fighting-type STAB move and is a great weapon for hitting the opponent hard. Stone Edge is also a powerful STAB move that offers excellent neutral coverage alongside Close Combat. Stone Edge and Close Combat are STAB moves that share excellent neutral coverage and can hit the opponent hard. Iron Head is very useful in picking off weakened Sylveon, Gardevoir, and Clefable late-game without having to relying on Stone Edge's shaky accuracy. Rock Slide is useful on this set as well, as Stone Edge's accuracy can be rather unreliable in terms of accuracy. However, Rock Slide, but it can't KO certain threats that Stone Edge can if they are not weakened enough. Alternatively, X-Scissor can also be useful over Rock Slide, as it hits physically defensive Celebi and Slowbro, both which are becomrising rather popularin usage.

Set Details
========

Maximum Attack investment is for maximum power, which Terrakion really needs
(remove weird enter here) on this set because it is not running an Attack-boosting item. With maximum Speed investment, and a Jolly nature, along with and a Choice Scarf, Terrakion outspeeds many Pokemon (add space here) it usually doesn't, such as Latios, Latias, Greninja, and Thundurus. It also allows Terrakion to outspeed every relevant Choice Scarf user (Are Latios and Latias not relevant Choice Scarf users? I'm not too sure.) in the tier, – barring Keldeo, which it Speed ties with –including such as Garchomp, Landorus-T, Excadrill, (again, is this actually a thing?) Heatran, and Rotom-W, except Keldeo, which it only speed ties with. Finally, a Choice Scarf also lets Terrakion outspeed as well as all relevant Dragon Dance users at +1, such as Dragonite, Gyarados, Mega Charizard X, and Mega Tyranitar. Alternatively, using an Adamant nature is viable for the Attack increase; however, it only allows Terrakion to outspeed up to Jolly Choice Scarf Landorus-T and Adamant Mega Charizard X at +1, missing out on Jolly Choice Scarf Garchomp and Jolly Mega Charizard X at +1.

Usage Tips
========

Terrakion is best used late-game when everything is weakened enough for Terrakion it to clean. Choice Scarf Terrakion is really helpful iwhen switching in on a predicted Dragon Dance, as it outspeeds all relevant Dragon Dance users with a Jolly nature and can KO them most of them. Make sure that Terrakion can KO all the opposing pokemon Pokemon when before attempting to clean late late-game.

Team Options
========

Entry hazards are much appreciated, as Terrakion would needs as much chip damage as possible to successfully clean. Teams that are really weak to one or more Dragon Dance users really appreciate Choice Scarf Terrakion's ability to check most of them with a Choice Scarf. Additionally, teams that lack a cleaner or a other Pokemon with immediate sSpeed would Speed also appreciate Choice Scarf Terrakion as a teammate. Finally, Pokemons that can easily counter bulky Water-types and Ground-types, such as Celebi, Azumarill, Mega Venusaur, Rotom-W, Keldeo, and bulky Starmie, are appreciated, as they allow Terrakion to safely switch out from such said threats. For example, Celebi, Azumarill, Mega Venusaur, Rotom-W, Keldeo, and bulky Starmie are all good answers to bulky Water-types and Ground-types.

Choice Band
########

Moves
========

Close Combat is Terrakion's most powerful Fighting-type STAB move and is a great weapon for hitting the opponent hard. Stone Edge is also a powerful Rock-type STAB move for Terrakion that allows it to hit hardA combination of Terrakion's powerful STAB moves, Close Combat and Stone Edge, allows it to hit hard; however, its Stone Edge's accuracy is shaky. Quick Attack can be used to pick off faster Pokemon when weakened while also hitting and priority users as well, such as weakened Azumarill, that are weakened. X-Scissor can also be used to 2HKO Slowbro and Cresselia after some chip damage, while also and OHKOing Celebi. Alternatively, Rock Slide can be used for its better accuracy, but it has a less power. It can be used to KO Pokemon such as Mega Charizard Y, Talonflame, and Mega Pinsir, as using Stone Edge can be risky. Finally, Toxic can be used to cripple Terrakion's main counters, such as physically defensive Hippowdon, Cresselia, Slowbro, and Landorus-T.

Set Details
========

Maximum Speed investment with a Jolly nature is used to outspeed Pokemon such as Garchomp, Landorus, and Mega Pinsir. Maximum Attack investment with a Choice Band is used for the maximum power, which is what this set focuses on. Choice Band allows Terrakion to gain immediate power, which can be extremely helpful against stall teams which that can prevent Swords Dance Terrakion from setting up.

Usage Tips
========

Bluffing another item can be very helpful for late-game, as it can confuse the opponent into sending out assumed what they think is a checks, only to realize, (RC) with the sacrifice of a Pokemon, (RC) that you were running Choice Band Terrakion was Choice Banded all along. Terrakion can bluff another item by KOing Pokemon that would faint from one of Terrakion's moves it would KO even without a boosting item, such as Close Combat on Tyranitar. Choice Band Terrakion is best used mid-game and or late-game to try and sweep, clean, or wallbreak. However, Terrakion can use its its great power to dent opposing teams as much as possible early-game.

Team Options
========

Entry hazard setters are good options, as they ("they" refers to "Entry hazard setters.") entry hazards turn a lot of 2HKOs into OHKOs. Pokemon that resist Terrakion's most common weaknesses to Ground- (remove hyphen) and Fighting, (AC) -type attacks such as Gengar, Celebi and Landorus-T are really very helpful, especially the latter, which can set up Stealth Rock to further support Terrakion. Examples include Gengar, Celebi, and Landorus-T, the latter is extra helpful because it can also set up Stealth Rock to further support Terrakion. Pokemon that greatly appreciate Terrakion's wallbreaking ability also make good partners. Additionally, teams that lack a wallbreaker or any other Pokemon with immediate power can use Choice Band Terrakion. Finally, any Pokemon that take care of opposing bulky Water-types and Ground-types are appreciated; Celebi, Mega Venusaur, Rotom-W, Keldeo, and Starmie all come to mind.

Other Options
########

A Swords Dance + Rock Polish set can be used, since as it is can be pretty effective, (AC) depending on the situation. As for moves, Rock Tomb can be useful on Terrakion to OHKO Talonflame and Mega Charizard Y, while lowering and lower the Speed of whatever switches in on Terrakion to help himit outspeed and KO the foe or to just support another teammate. Earthquake can also be used on Terrakion to OHKO Heatran, (RC) if not using a Life Orb or Choice Band, (RC) and KO weakened Excadrill without getting the Defense and Special Defense drops from Close Combat. It also achieves nice coverage in conjunction with Stone Edge. Finally, Zen Headbutt can be used to help eliminate some of Terrakion's checks, Mega Venusaur and Amoonguss in particular.

Checks & Counters
########

**Bulky Psychic-types**: Physically defensive Cresselia and Slowbro can use their typing and incredible physical bulk to shut Terrakion down. Each of them can take hits from even Choice Band Terrakion after Stealth Rock damage and hit back with their STAB Psychic-type attacks, making them hard counters. Additionally, physically defensive Celebi is a hard check to Terrakion, easily taking a Choice Banded Stone Edge and 2HKOing back; however, unlike the other two, it can be 2HKOed by Choice Band Terrakion's Stone Edge after Stealth Rock. Starmie is a good can revenge killer for all the sets other than Choice Scarf Terrakion and is a good answer for Focus Sash lead Terrakion, as it can Rapid Spin away Stealth Rock, (RC) (<-- not a comma I removed; this is a remnant of the previous amcheck.) making it a good check.

**Bulky Ground-types**: Bulky Landorus-T, physically defensive Gliscor, and physically defensive Hippowdon can take two hits from Choice Band Terrakion even after Stealth Rock damage and threaten back with STAB Earthquake. Quagsire can't counter item-boostedChoice Band or Life Orb Terrakion, but it is definitely a hard check, as it can eat up a hit or two, heal up with Recover, and OHKO back at -1. (Just wondering, why is Quagsire at -1?) It is also a hard counter to Choice Scarf Terrakion.

**Bulky Poison-types**: Physically defensive Mega Venusaur is a hard check to Terrakion, surviving 2 Choice Band Stone Edges from Terrakion without Stealth Rock damage and being able to 2HKO. Additionally, p back with Giga Drain while healing back some of the damage taken. Physically defensive Amoonguss is a shaky check to Terrakion, as it can avoid the 2HKO from Life Orb Terrakion's Stone Edge without Stealth Rock damage and has a good chance to 2HKO back with Giga Drain. It also avoids the 2HKO from Choice Band Terrakion's Stone Edge ifwithout Stealth Rock isn't up and assumingdamage if it uses Giga Drain on the same turn as it takes the first Stone Edge.

**Bulky Fairy-types**: Clefable and Sylveon are shaky checks to Life Orb Terrakion and Choice Scarf Terrakion, but only if heavily invested in Defense. Clefable can heal up until Terrakion's Life Orb recoil puts in Moonblast's KO range, whileereas Sylveon can OHKO Terrakion it with Hyper Voice after Life Orb recoil. However, they must both fear Iron Head on the switch from the Choice Scarf set.

**Physically Defensive Pokemon**: Physically bulky Pokemon that don't even resist Terrakion's STAB but hamove an incredible Defense stat can also still check Terrakion it. Suicune, Tangrowth, and Chesnaught are good answers; however, only Tangrowth is a true counter. Suicune and Chesnaught are only shaky counters, living a hit from Choice Band Terrakion and 2HKOing back with their super effective STAB moves. Tangrowth can take any attack and 2HKOes back with Giga Drain.

**Faster Offensive Pokemon**: There are a lot of common offensive Pokemon that can naturally outspeed non-Choice Scarf-lacking Terrakion and KO it with a super effective attack. Examples include, such as Greninja, Thundurus, Alakazam, Latios, and Latias. Likewise, Choice Scarf variants of many slower Pokemon, such as Garchomp, Landorus-T and Rotom-W, (AC)can outspeed Terrakion and check it.

**Priority**: The prevalence of powerful priority attacks makes it harder for Terrakion to sweep. Moves such as Brave Bird from Talonflame, Aqua Jet from Azumarill, Mach Punch from Breloom and Conkeldurr, and Bullet Punch from Scizor are capable of inflicting severe damage to Terrakion, (AC) if not outright KOing it. This is especially effective if the opposing priority Pokemon user is not in KO range of Quick Attack at +2 from the Life Orb Aattacker set at +2 or from the Choice Band set.

Last edited:

P Squared

a great unrecorded history
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
ammmmcheck

Overview
########

Terrakion has always been one of the best offensive Pokemon in OU, as it is capable of checking and outspeeding a large portion of the metagame. Its base 129 Attack stat, Rock/Fighting-type STAB combination, and its base 108 Speed stat makes make Terrakion a powerful sweeper and wallbreaker that is very hard to switch into. Its resistance to Stealth Rock also helps it switch in and out more easily, and its decent bulk ensures that it won't be KOed by just any attack.

However, Terrakion's common bulky Psychic- and Ground-type (remove space) counters limit its capabilities. Even though Terrakion has a good Speed stat, there are still a decent number of Pokemon which can either outspeed and KO it or use priority to finish it off after a bit of prior damage. Clefable's rising usage is not very helpful for Terrakion either, as it can beat Terrakion one-on-one 1v1.

Stealth Rock
########

Moves:
========

Stealth Rock is a useful entry hazard, and Terrakion can use its great offensive presence to force switches and set it up with ease. Close Combat and Stone Edge are powerful STAB moves that offer excellent neutral coverage alongside each other. Finally, Taunt prevents slower Pokemon, such as Garchomp and Landorus-T, from setting up their own entry hazards, and slower Defog users from removing any entry hazards from the field. However, Swords Dance can be used over Taunt as Swords Dance is sometimes handy, forcing out Pokemon that fear a +2 Close Combat or Stone Edge; however, Taunt is ultimately more useful.

Set Details
========

Focus Sash almost guarantees that Terrakion can set up Stealth Rock and Taunt slower entry hazard or Defog users. Maximum Speed investment with a Jolly nature lets Terrakion outspeed Pokemons, such as Garchomp, Landorus, Mega Charizard X, and Mega Pinsir, which Terrakion can't outspeed with an Adamant nature. Maximum Attack investment gives Terrakion some solid power, which is really useful with a great STAB combination in Close Combat and Stone Edge.

Usage Tips
========

Focus Sash Terrakion is a great Stealth Rock user, (comma) as it pressures slower Defog users with Taunt and uses its own offensive presence to effectively keep Stealth Rock in play. It is best to set up Stealth Rock as early as possible, as it is vital for dealing with threats such as Talonflame. Leading with Terrakion is also useful, (comma) as it can Taunt opposing leads and prevent them from laying down their own entry hazards. If your opponent has a Rapid Spin or Defog user, it is important to play more conservatively with Terrakion in case it needs to set up Stealth Rock again. However, if your opponent doesn't have a way to remove entry hazards or you don't need Terrakion to check anything, don't be afraid to sacrifice it to gain momentum.

Team Options
========

Terrakion is best used on fast-paced offensive teams that need a reliable offensive Stealth Rock user. Therefore, you should pair this Terrakion set with powerful offensive teammates, such as Greninja, Talonflame, and Thundurus, which can make full use of the extra Stealth Rock damage and use their natural offensive presence to prevent the opponent from easily using Rapid Spin or Defog. Pokemon that can Pursuit trap Latias and Latios, such as Bisharp and Tyranitar, are appreciated, as Terrakion is too slow to Taunt Latios or and Latias to prevent them from using Defog. Additionally, Healing Wish Latias is a great teammate for Terrakion, (comma) as it can heal Terrakion back to full health after Terrakion has been brought down to its Focus Sash.

Life Orb Attacker
########

Moves
========

Both Stone Edge and Close Combat are great weapons with which to hit the opponent extremely hard, especially with a Life Orb, and they provide share excellent neutral coverage alongside Close Combat each other. Swords Dance allows Terrakion to sweep late-game once the opposing team has been weakened, (remove comma) and faster threats and priority users have been removed. Along with Life Orb, Swords Dance makes Terrakion an extremely powerful threat, 2HKOing almost the entire metagame. Substitute is a great move, (comma) as it can easily provide momentum if used right, such as on a predicted switch or status move. Alternatively, Quick Attack can be used to pick off weakened Pokemon with priority, such as Azumarill after switching in on a +2 Close Combat. It also helps in eliminating, or at least weakening, faster threats such as Greninja, Latios, and Latias. Furthermore, running Hidden Power Ice with a Naive nature and moving the leftover 4 Special Defense EVs into Special Attack can make Terrakion a lure for Gliscor and Landorus-T, nailing the KO after Stealth Rock and Stone Edge damage. Finally, Terrakion can run Rock Polish over either Swords Dance or Substitute. If Rock Polish is chosen over Swords Dance, then it is important to note that Terrakion becomes more of a dead weight against stall in the exchange for becoming a fantastic late-game cleaner. Otherwise, if Terrakion will be running both Swords Dance and Rock Polish, which doesn't mean that Terrakion will do not try and to set up both of them, but just one, depending on the situation. For example, Terrakion should set up a Swords Dance against stall, bulky offensive, or and balanced teams, and a Rock Polish against hyper offensive and priority-spam teams.

Set Details
========

252 Speed EVs and a positive nature are needed to allow Terrakion to outrun as many foes as possible. Use a Naive nature if you are using Hidden Power Ice, and a Jolly nature if you are using Substitute or Quick Attack. (add space after period) 252 Attack EVs are used to provide optimal physical power. Life Orb is the primary item choice, as it provides a significant boost to all of Terrakion's attacks. However, Expert Belt can also be used to bluff a Choice item and act as an make Terrakion an even more effective lure, but it misses out on a lot of power against neutral targets.

Usage Tips
========

Life Orb Terrakion serves as a fantastic wallbreaker, but set up Swords Dance or Substitute on a predicted switch, weak attack, entry hazard move, or Taunt. You can also use Substitute on a predicted status move, such as Thunder Wave or Will-O-Wisp. Quick Attack should not be revealed too early, as it packs an element of surprise and helps pick off weakened priority users, such as Azumarill after switching in on a +2 Close Combat. If the opposing Pokemon is faster than Terrakion and can potentially KO it, using Quick Attack as a last-ditch effort can also be useful for Terrakion's teammates to revenge kill the foe.

Team Options
========

Any Pokemon that appreciates Terrakion's natural cleaning, wallbreaking, and even sweeping abilities can be picked as Terrakion's teammate. Terrakion itself needs entry hazard support from Pokemon such as Landorus-T to turn as many 3HKOs into 2HKOs and 2HKOs into OHKOs as possible, especially if attempting a sweep with Swords Dance. Additionally, Terrakion loves sand support from Tyranitar or Hippowdon, as it gives it a considerable Special Defense boost, allowing it to live survive attacks such as Choice Scarf Keldeo's Hydro Pump or and preventing other attacks from breaking Terrakion's Substitute, such as Rotom-W's Volt Switch. Other Pokemon that resist Terrakion's common weaknesses to Ground and Fighting, such as Landorus-T and Mega Heracross, are appreciated. Terrakion also appreciates teammates that can deal with bulky Ground- or Water-types, such as Celebi, Azumarill, Mega Venusaur, Rotom-W, Keldeo, and even bulky Starmie. The bulkier the Pokemon, the better, as Terrakion has some only decent defenses and wouldn't appreciate a frail teammate.

SubSalac
########

Moves
========

Substitute is a great move on Terrakion that allows it to avoid status and Attack drops from opposing Intimidate users. Swords Dance boosts Terrakion's Attack stat to sky-high levels and helps it nail some KOs on bulky Pokemon after a bit of prior damage. Stone Edge is Terrakion's most powerful Rock-type STAB move, hitting Landorus-T and Gliscor neutrally, while Close Combat is Terrakion's most reliable and consistent Fighting-type STAB attack. Close Combat's accuracy is also really helpful, especially because Terrakion's only other damaging move is Stone Edge, which only has 80% accuracy.

Set Details
========

Maximum Speed investment with a Jolly nature lets Terrakion outspeed a lot of common Pokemon before the Salac Berry boost, such as Garchomp, Charizard, Landorus, and Mega Pinsir. Maximum Attack investment is for maximum power, which Terrakion really needs as this set lacks an Attack-boosting item. The leftover 4 EVs are put into HP, which allows Terrakion to activate Salac Berry after only three 3 Substitutes. After a Salac Berry boost, Terrakion outspeeds many Pokemon, such as Latios, Latias, Greninja, and Thundurus. It also lets Terrakion outspeed every relevant Choice Scarf user in the tier, such as Garchomp, Landorus-T, Excadrill, Heatran, and Rotom-W, as well as all relevant Dragon Dance users at +1, such as Dragonite, Gyarados, Mega Charizard X, and Mega Tyranitar, OHKOing all of them with the slightest bit of chip damage.

Usage Tips
========

This set is really effective late-game when everything is weakened and Terrakion's primary counters are eliminated, which makes this set a perfect cleaner. If played right, Terrakion can also sweep mid-game, as long as Terrakion's main counters are out of the battle. Additionally, this set can also be used early-game if the opponent doesn't have any counters to it, or just to dent the opposing team, as it hits extremely hard even when its moves are resisted. As mentioned before, use Substitute against slower Pokemon which either want to status Terrakion, set up entry hazards, remove your team's entry hazards, or just heal. It can be also used on really weak moves, such as Heatran's Lava Plume, or a predicted switch.

Team Options
========

Offensive Pokemon that appreciate the openings Terrakion can create with its natural wallbreaking abilities, such as Greninja, Landorus, and Thundurus, appreciate (you used appreciate earlier in this sentence, so consider changing this one) Terrakion as a teammate. Terrakion itself needs entry hazard support, (remove comma) from Pokemons Pokemon such as Landorus-T to turn as many 3HKOs into 2HKOs and 2HKOs into OHKOs as possible, especially if attempting a sweep with Swords Dance. Additionally, Terrakion loves sand support from Tyranitar or Hippowdon, as it gives it a considerable Special Defense boost, allowing it to live survive attacks such as Choice Scarf Keldeo's Hydro Pump or and preventing other attacks from breaking Terrakion's Substitute, such as Rotom-W's Volt Switch. Terrakion also appreciates teammates that can deal with bulky Ground- or Water-types, such as Celebi, Azumarill, Mega Venusaur, Rotom-W, Keldeo, and even bulky Starmie. The bulkier the Pokemon, the better, as Terrakion has some only decent defenses and wouldn't appreciate a frail teammate.

Choice Scarf
########

Moves
========

Stone Edge and Close Combat are STAB moves that share excellent neutral coverage and can hit the opponent hard. Iron Head is very useful in picking off weakened Sylveon, Gardevoir, and Clefable late-game without having to rely on Stone Edge's shaky accuracy. Rock Slide is useful on this set as well, as Stone Edge's accuracy can be rather unreliable, but it can't KO certain threats that Stone Edge can if they are not weakened enough. Alternatively, X-Scissor can also be useful over Rock Slide, as it hits physically defensive Celebi and Slowbro, both of which are rising in usage.

Set Details
========

Maximum Attack investment is for maximum power, which Terrakion really needs (fix the spacing here) on this set because it is not running an Attack-boosting item. With maximum Speed investment, a Jolly nature, and a Choice Scarf, Terrakion outspeeds many Pokemon it usually doesn't, such as Latios, Latias, Greninja, and Thundurus. It also allows Terrakion to outspeed almost every relevant Choice Scarf user in the tier, – barring Keldeo, which it Speed ties with, and Latios and Latias –including Garchomp, Landorus-T, Excadrill, Heatran, and Rotom-W, as well as all relevant Dragon Dance users at +1, such as Dragonite, Gyarados, Mega Charizard X, and Mega Tyranitar. However, it Speed ties with Scarf Keldeo and is outsped by Scarf Latios and Latias. (I hope I understood your meaning here) Alternatively, using an Adamant nature is viable for the Attack increase; however, it only allows Terrakion to outspeed up to Jolly Choice Scarf Landorus-T and Adamant Mega Charizard X at +1, missing out on Jolly Choice Scarf Garchomp and Jolly Mega Charizard X at +1.

Usage Tips
========
(fix all the leftover bolding here)
Terrakion is best used late-game, when everything is weakened enough for it to clean. Choice Scarf Terrakion is really helpful when switching in on a predicted Dragon Dance, as it outspeeds all relevant Dragon Dance users with a Jolly nature and can KO most of them. Make sure that Terrakion can KO all the opposing Pokemon before attempting to clean late game.

Team Options
========

Entry hazards are much appreciated, as Terrakion needs as much chip damage as possible to successfully clean. Teams that are weak to one or more Dragon Dance users really appreciate Choice Scarf Terrakion's ability to check most of them. Additionally, teams that lack a cleaner or other Pokemon with immediate Speed would also appreciate Choice Scarf Terrakion as a teammate. Finally, Pokemons Pokemon that can easily counter bulky Water-and Ground-types, such as Celebi, Azumarill, Mega Venusaur, Rotom-W, Keldeo, and bulky Starmie, are appreciated, as they allow Terrakion to safely switch out from such said threats.

Choice Band
########

Moves
========

A The combination of Terrakion's powerful STAB moves, Close Combat and Stone Edge, allows it to hit hard; however, Stone Edge's accuracy is shaky. Quick Attack can be used to pick off faster Pokemon and priority users, such as Azumarill, that are weakened. X-Scissor can be used to 2HKO Slowbro and Cresselia after some chip damage and OHKO Celebi. Alternatively, Rock Slide can be used for its better accuracy, but it has less power. It can be used to KO Pokemon such as Mega Charizard Y, Talonflame, and Mega Pinsir, as using Stone Edge can be risky. Finally, Toxic can be used to cripple Terrakion's main counters, such as physically defensive Hippowdon, Cresselia, Slowbro, and Landorus-T.

Set Details
========
(fix the leftover bolding here too)
Maximum Speed investment with a Jolly nature is used to outspeed Pokemon such as Garchomp, Landorus, and Mega Pinsir. Maximum Attack (add space) investment with a Choice Band is used for maximum power, which is what this set focuses on. Choice Band allows Terrakion to gain immediate power, which can be extremely helpful against stall teams that can prevent Swords Dance Terrakion from setting up.

Usage Tips
========

Bluffing another item can be very helpful late-game, as it can confuse the opponent into sending out what they think is a check, only to realize with the sacrifice of a Pokemon that you were running Choice Band Terrakion all along. Terrakion can bluff another item by KOing Pokemon that it would KO even without a boosting item, such as Close Combat on Tyranitar. Choice Band Terrakion is best used mid- or late-game to try and to sweep, clean, or wallbreak. However, Terrakion can use its great power to dent opposing teams as much as possible early-game.

Team Options
========

Entry hazard setters are good options, as entry hazards turn a lot of 2HKOs into OHKOs. Pokemon that resist Terrakion's most common weaknesses to Ground and Fighting, such as Gengar, Celebi and Landorus-T, (comma) are very helpful, especially the latter, which can set up Stealth Rock to further support Terrakion. Pokemon that greatly appreciate Terrakion's wallbreaking ability also make good partners. Additionally, teams that lack a wallbreaker or other Pokemon with immediate power can use Choice Band Terrakion. Finally, any Pokemon that can take care of opposing bulky Water- and Ground-types are appreciated; Celebi, Mega Venusaur, Rotom-W, Keldeo, and Starmie all come to mind.

Other Options
########

A Swords Dance + Rock Polish set can be used as it can be pretty effective, depending on the situation. Rock Tomb can be useful on Terrakion to OHKO Talonflame and Mega Charizard Y and lower the Speed of whatever switches in on Terrakion to help it outspeed and KO the foe or support another teammate. Earthquake can also be used to OHKO Heatran if not using a Life Orb or Choice Band and KO weakened Excadrill without getting the Defense and Special Defense drops from Close Combat. It also achieves nice coverage in conjunction with Stone Edge. Finally, Zen Headbutt can be used to help eliminate some of Terrakion's checks, Mega Venusaur and Amoonguss in particular.

Checks & Counters
########

**Bulky Psychic-types**: Physically defensive Cresselia and Slowbro can use their typing and incredible physical bulk to shut Terrakion down. Each of them can take hits from even Choice Band Terrakion after Stealth Rock damage and hit back with their STAB Psychic-type attacks, making them hard counters. Additionally, physically defensive Celebi is a hard check to Terrakion, easily taking a Choice Band Stone Edge and 2HKOing back; however, unlike the other two, it can be 2HKOed by Choice Band Terrakion's Stone Edge after Stealth Rock. Starmie can revenge kill all the sets other than Choice Scarf Terrakion and is a good answer for Focus Sash lead Terrakion, as it can Rapid Spin away Stealth Rock, making it a good check.

**Bulky Ground-types**: Bulky Landorus-T, physically defensive Gliscor, and physically defensive Hippowdon can take two hits from Choice Band Terrakion even after Stealth Rock damage and threaten back with STAB Earthquake. Quagsire can't counter Choice Band or Life Orb Terrakion, but it is definitely a hard check, as it can eat up a hit or two, heal up with Recover, and OHKO back at -1. It is also a hard counter to Choice Scarf Terrakion.

**Bulky Poison-types**: Physically defensive Mega Venusaur is a hard check to Terrakion, surviving 2 two Choice Band Stone Edges without Stealth Rock damage and being able to 2HKO back with Giga Drain while healing back some of the damage taken. Physically defensive Amoonguss is a shaky check to Terrakion, as it can avoid the 2HKO from Life Orb Terrakion's Stone Edge without Stealth Rock damage and has a good chance to 2HKO back with Giga Drain. It also avoids the 2HKO from Choice Band Terrakion's Stone Edge without Stealth Rock damage if it uses Giga Drain on the same turn as it takes the first Stone Edge.

**Bulky Fairy-types**: Clefable and Sylveon are shaky checks to Life Orb and Choice Scarf Terrakion, but only if heavily invested in Defense. Clefable can heal up until Terrakion's Life Orb recoil puts it in Moonblast's KO range, whereas Sylveon can OHKO it with Hyper Voice after Life Orb recoil. However, they must both fear Iron Head on the switch from the Choice Scarf set.

**Physically Defensive Pokemon**: Physically bulky Pokemon that don't even resist Terrakion's STAB moves can still check it. Suicune, Tangrowth, and Chesnaught are good answers; however, only Tangrowth is a true counter. Suicune and Chesnaught are only shaky counters, living surviving a hit from Choice Band Terrakion and 2HKOing back with their super effective STAB moves. Tangrowth can take any attack and 2HKOes back with Giga Drain.

**Faster Offensive Pokemon**: There are a lot of common offensive Pokemon that can naturally outspeed Choice Scarf-lacking Terrakion and KO it with a super effective attack, such as Greninja, Thundurus, Alakazam, Latios, and Latias. Likewise, Choice Scarf variants of many slower Pokemon, such as Garchomp, Landorus-T and Rotom-W, can outspeed Terrakion and check it.

**Priority**: The prevalence of powerful priority attacks makes it harder for Terrakion to sweep. Moves such as Brave Bird from Talonflame, Aqua Jet from Azumarill, Mach Punch from Breloom and Conkeldurr, and Bullet Punch from Scizor are capable of inflicting severe damage to Terrakion, if not outright KOing it. This is especially effective if the opposing priority user is not in KO range of Quick Attack from the Life Orb attacker set at +2 or from the Choice Band set.

Winry

Super Graduate-Level Napper
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
ughhhhh Chrome is awful and I had to restart as I was finishing up =/

Going over P Squared's amcheck with changes

Overview
########

Terrakion has always been one of the best offensive Pokemon in OU, as it is capable of checking and outspeeding a large portion of the metagame. Its base 129 Attack stat, Rock- and / Fighting-type STAB combination, and its base 108 Speed stat makes make Terrakion a powerful sweeper and wallbreaker that is very hard to switch into. Its resistance to Stealth Rock also helps it switch in and out more easily, and its decent bulk ensures that it won't be KOed by just any attack.

However, Terrakion's common bulky Psychic- and Ground-type (remove space) counters limit its capabilities. Even though Terrakion has a good Speed stat, there are still a decent number of Pokemon which can either outspeed and KO it or use priority to finish it off after a bit of prior damage. Clefable's rising usage is not very helpful for Terrakion either, as it can beat Terrakion one-on-one 1v1.

Stealth Rock
########

Moves:
========

Stealth Rock is a useful entry hazard, and Terrakion can use its great offensive presence to force switches and set it up Stealth Rock with ease. Close Combat and Stone Edge are powerful STAB moves that offer excellent neutral coverage alongside each other. Finally, Taunt prevents slower Pokemon, such as Garchomp and Landorus-T, from setting up their own entry hazards or using, (RC) and slower Defog users from removing to remove any entry hazards from the field. However, Swords Dance can be used over Taunt to gain a +2 Attack boost and force as Swords Dance is sometimes handy, forcing out Pokemon that fear a +2 Close Combat or Stone Edge; however, Taunt is ultimately more useful.

Set Details
========

Focus Sash almost guarantees that Terrakion can set up Stealth Rock and use Taunt on slower entry hazard or Defog users. Maximum Speed investment with a Jolly nature lets Terrakion outspeed Pokemons, (RC) such as Garchomp, Landorus, Mega Charizard X, and Mega Pinsir, which Terrakion can't outspeed with an Adamant nature. Maximum Attack investment gives Terrakion some solid power, which is really useful with a great STAB combination in Close Combat and Stone Edge.

Usage Tips
========

Focus Sash Terrakion is a great Stealth Rock user, (comma) as it pressures slower Defog users with Taunt and uses its own offensive presence to effectively keep Stealth Rock in play. It is best to set up Stealth Rock as early as possible, as it is vital for dealing with threats such as Talonflame. Leading with Terrakion is also useful, (comma) as it can use Taunt on opposing leads and prevent them from setting up laying down their own entry hazards. If your opponent has a Rapid Spin or Defog user, it is important to play more conservatively with Terrakion in case it needs to set up Stealth Rock again. However, if your opponent doesn't have a way to remove entry hazards or you don't need Terrakion to check anything, don't be afraid to sacrifice it to gain momentum.

Team Options
========

Terrakion is best used on fast-paced offensive teams that need a reliable offensive Stealth Rock user. Therefore, you should pair this Terrakion set with powerful offensive teammates, such as Greninja, Talonflame, and Thundurus, which can make full use of the extra Stealth Rock damage and use their natural offensive presence to prevent foes the opponent from easily using Rapid Spin or Defog. Pokemon that can Pursuit trap Latias and Latios, such as Bisharp and Tyranitar, are appreciated, as Terrakion is too slow to Taunt Latios or and Latias to prevent them from using Defog. Additionally, Healing Wish Latias is a great teammate for Terrakion, (comma) as it can heal Terrakion back to full health after Terrakion has been brought down to its Focus Sash.

Life Orb Attacker
########

Moves
========

Both Stone Edge and Close Combat that can hit foes are great weapons with which to hit the opponent extremely hard, especially with a Life Orb, and they provide share excellent neutral coverage alongside Close Combat each other (P Squared's original check crossed out "each other," this should stay because you are talking about SE+CC as a unit, not just how SE provides useful coverage alongside CC). Swords Dance allows Terrakion to sweep late-game once the opposing team has been weakened, (remove comma) and faster threats and priority users have been removed. Along with Life Orb, (RC) and Swords Dance makes Terrakion an extremely powerful threat, 2HKOing almost the entire metagame. Substitute is a great move, (comma) as it can easily provide momentum if used right, such as on a predicted switch or status move. Alternatively, Quick Attack can be used to pick off weakened Pokemon with priority, such as Azumarill after switching in on a +2 Close Combat. It also helps in eliminating, or at least weakening, faster threats such as Greninja, Latios, and Latias. Furthermore, running Hidden Power Ice with a Naive nature and moving the leftover 4 Special Defense EVs into Special Attack can make Terrakion a lure for Gliscor and Landorus-T, nailing the KO after Stealth Rock and Stone Edge damage. Finally, Terrakion can run Rock Polish over either Swords Dance or Substitute. If Rock Polish is chosen over Swords Dance, then it is important to note that Terrakion becomes more of a dead weight against stall in the exchange for becoming a fantastic late-game cleaner. Otherwise, if Terrakion will be running both Swords Dance and Rock Polish, which doesn't mean that Terrakion will do not try and to set up both of them, but just one, depending on the situation. For example, Terrakion should set up a Swords Dance against stall, bulky offensive, or and balanced teams, and a Rock Polish against hyper offensive and priority-spam teams.

Set Details
========

252 Speed EVs and a positive nature are needed to allow Terrakion to outrun as many foes as possible. Use a Naive nature if you are using Hidden Power Ice, and a Jolly nature if you are using Substitute or Quick Attack. (add space after period) 252 Attack EVs are used to provide optimal physical power. Life Orb is the primary item choice, as it provides a significant boost to all of Terrakion's attacks. However, Expert Belt can also be used to bluff a Choice item and act as an make Terrakion an even more effective lure, but it misses out on a lot of power against neutral targets.

Usage Tips
========

Life Orb Terrakion serves as a fantastic wallbreaker, but set up Swords Dance or Substitute on a predicted switch, weak attack, entry hazard move, or Taunt. You can also use Substitute on a predicted status move, such as Thunder Wave or Will-O-Wisp. Quick Attack should not be revealed too early, as it packs an element of surprise and helps pick off weakened priority users, such as Azumarill after switching in on a +2 Close Combat. If the opposing Pokemon is faster than Terrakion and can potentially KO it, using Quick Attack as a last-ditch effort can also be useful so that for Terrakion's teammates to can revenge kill the foe.

Team Options
========

Any Pokemon that appreciates Terrakion's natural cleaning, wallbreaking, and even sweeping abilities can be picked as Terrakion's teammate. Terrakion itself needs entry hazard support from Pokemon such as Landorus-T to turn as many 3HKOs into 2HKOs and 2HKOs into OHKOs as possible, especially if attempting a sweep with Swords Dance. Additionally, Terrakion loves sand support from Tyranitar or Hippowdon, as it gives it a considerable Special Defense boost, allowing it to live survive attacks such as Choice Scarf Keldeo's Hydro Pump or and preventing other attacks from breaking its Terrakion's Substitute, such as Rotom-W's Volt Switch. Other Pokemon that resist Terrakion's common weaknesses to Ground and Fighting, such as Landorus-T and Mega Heracross, are appreciated. Terrakion also appreciates teammates that can deal with bulky Ground- or Water-types, such as Celebi, Azumarill, Mega Venusaur, Rotom-W, Keldeo, and even bulky Starmie. The bulkier the Pokemon, the better, as Terrakion has some only decent defenses and wouldn't appreciate a frail teammate.

SubSalac
########

Moves
========

Substitute is a great move on Terrakion that allows it to avoid status and Attack drops from opposing Intimidate users. Swords Dance boosts Terrakion's Attack stat to sky-high levels and helps it nail some KOs on bulky Pokemon after a bit of prior damage. Stone Edge is Terrakion's most powerful Rock-type STAB move, hitting Landorus-T and Gliscor for neutral damage neutrally, while Close Combat is Terrakion's most reliable and consistent Fighting-type STAB attack. Close Combat's accuracy is also really helpful, especially because Terrakion's only other damaging move is Stone Edge, which only has 80% accuracy.

Set Details
========

Maximum Speed investment with a Jolly nature lets Terrakion outspeed a lot of common Pokemon before the Salac Berry boost, such as Garchomp, Charizard, Landorus, and Mega Pinsir. Maximum Attack investment is used for maximum power, which Terrakion really needs, (AC) as this set lacks an Attack-boosting item. The leftover 4 EVs are put into HP, which allows Terrakion to activate Salac Berry after only three 3 Substitutes. After a Salac Berry boost, Terrakion outspeeds many Pokemon, such as Latios, Latias, Greninja, and Thundurus. It also lets Terrakion outspeed and every relevant Choice Scarf user in the tier, such as Garchomp, Landorus-T, Excadrill, Heatran, and Rotom-W, as well as all relevant Dragon Dance users at +1, such as Dragonite, Gyarados, Mega Charizard X, and Mega Tyranitar, OHKOing all of them with the slightest bit of chip damage.

Usage Tips
========

This set is really effective late-game when everything is weakened and Terrakion's primary counters are eliminated, which makes this set a perfect cleaner. If played right, Terrakion can also sweep mid-game, as long as Terrakion's main counters are out of the battle. Additionally, this set can also be used early-game if the opponent doesn't have any counters to it, or just to dent the opposing team, as it hits extremely hard even when its moves are resisted. As mentioned before, (RC) Use Substitute against slower Pokemon that which either want to status Terrakion, set up entry hazards, remove your team's entry hazards, or just heal. It can be also used on really weak moves, such as Heatran's Lava Plume, or a predicted switch.

Team Options
========

Offensive Pokemon that appreciate the openings Terrakion can create with its natural wallbreaking abilities, such as Greninja, Landorus, and Thundurus, appreciate Terrakion as a make for good teammates. Terrakion itself needs Entry hazard support, (remove comma) from Pokemons Pokemon such as Landorus-T is needed to turn as many 3HKOs into 2HKOs and 2HKOs into OHKOs as possible, especially if Terrakion is attempting a sweep with Swords Dance. Additionally, Terrakion loves Sand support from Tyranitar or Hippowdon, (RC) as it gives it Terrakion a considerable Special Defense boost, allowing it to live survive attacks such as Choice Scarf Keldeo's Hydro Pump or and preventing other attacks from breaking its Terrakion's Substitute, such as Rotom-W's Volt Switch. Terrakion also appreciates teammates that can deal with Teammates that can deal with bulky Ground- or Water-types, such as Celebi, Azumarill, Mega Venusaur, Rotom-W, Keldeo, and even bulky Starmie work well with Terrakion. It only has decent defensives, so the bulkier the teammate Pokemon, the better, as Terrakion has some decent defenses and wouldn't appreciate a frail teammate. (in the future please don't just CP entire sections)

Choice Scarf
########

Moves
========

Stone Edge and Close Combat are STAB moves that share excellent neutral coverage and can hit foes the opponent hard. Iron Head is very useful for in picking off weakened Sylveon, Gardevoir, and Clefable late-game without having to rely on Stone Edge's shaky accuracy. Rock Slide is also an option is useful on this set as well, as Stone Edge's accuracy can be rather unreliable, but it can't KO certain threats that Stone Edge can if they are not weakened enough. Alternatively, X-Scissor can also be useful over Rock Slide, as it hits physically defensive Celebi and Slowbro, both of which are rising in usage.

Set Details
========

Maximum Attack investment is used for maximum power, which Terrakion really needs (fix the spacing here) on this set because it is not running an Attack-boosting item. With maximum Speed investment, a Jolly nature, and a Choice Scarf, Terrakion outspeeds many Pokemon it usually doesn't, such as Latios, Latias, Greninja, and Thundurus. It also allows Terrakion to outspeed almost every relevant Choice Scarf user in the tier, – barring Keldeo, which it Speed ties with, and Latios and Latias –including Garchomp, Landorus-T, Excadrill, Heatran, and Rotom-W, as well as all relevant Dragon Dance users at +1, such as Dragonite, Gyarados, Mega Charizard X, and Mega Tyranitar. However, it Speed ties with Scarf Keldeo and is outsped by Scarf Latios and Latias. (I hope I understood your meaning here) Alternatively, using an Adamant nature is viable for the Attack increase; however, it only allows Terrakion to outspeed up to Jolly Choice Scarf Landorus-T and Adamant Mega Charizard X at +1, missing out on Jolly Choice Scarf Garchomp and Jolly Mega Charizard X at +1.

Usage Tips
========
(Get rid of the bolding in here)
Terrakion is best used late-game when everything is weakened enough for it to clean. Choice Scarf Terrakion is really helpful when switching in on a predicted Dragon Dance, as it outspeeds all relevant Dragon Dance users with a Jolly nature and can KO most of them. Make sure that Terrakion can KO all the opposing Pokemon before attempting to clean late game.

Team Options
========

Entry hazards are much appreciated, as Terrakion needs as much chip damage as possible to successfully clean. Teams that are weak to one or more Dragon Dance users really appreciate Choice Scarf Terrakion's ability to check most of them. Additionally, teams that lack a cleaner or other Pokemon with immediate Speed would also appreciate Choice Scarf Terrakion as a teammate. Finally, Pokemons Pokemon that can easily counter bulky Water-and Ground-types, such as Celebi, Azumarill, Mega Venusaur, Rotom-W, Keldeo, and bulky Starmie, are appreciated, as they allow Terrakion to safely switch out from such said threats.

Choice Band
########

Moves
========

A The combination of Terrakion's powerful STAB moves, Close Combat and Stone Edge, allows it to hit hard; however, because Stone Edge's accuracy is shaky., (period -> comma) Rock Slide can be used in the fourth slot. Although it has less power, it can still OHKO Pokemon such as Mega Charizard Y, Talonflame, and Mega Pinsir. Quick Attack can be used to pick off weakened faster Pokemon and priority users, such as Azumarill, (RC) that are weakened. X-Scissor can be used to 2HKO Slowbro and Cresselia after some chip damage and OHKO Celebi. Alternatively, Rock Slide can be used for its better accuracy, but it has less power. It can be used to KO Pokemon such as Mega Charizard Y, Talonflame, and Mega Pinsir, as using Stone Edge can be risky. Finally, Toxic can be used to cripple Terrakion's main counters, such as physically defensive Hippowdon, Cresselia, Slowbro, and Landorus-T.

Set Details
========
(fix the leftover bolding here too)
Maximum Speed investment with a Jolly nature is used to outspeed Pokemon such as Garchomp, Landorus, and Mega Pinsir. Maximum Attack (add space) investment with a Choice Band is used for maximum power, which is what this set focuses on. Choice Band allows Terrakion to gain immediate power, which can be extremely helpful against stall teams that can prevent Swords Dance Terrakion from setting up.

Usage Tips
========

Bluffing another item can be very helpful late-game, as it can confuse the opponent into sending out what they think is a check, only to realize with the sacrifice of a Pokemon that you were running Choice Band Terrakion all along. Terrakion can bluff another item by KOing Pokemon that it would KO even without a boosting item, such as Close Combat on Tyranitar. Choice Band Terrakion is best used mid- or late-game to try and to sweep, clean, or wallbreak. However, (RC) Terrakion can also use its great power to dent opposing teams as much as possible early-game.

Team Options
========

Entry hazard setters are good teammates options, as entry hazards turn a lot of 2HKOs into OHKOs. Pokemon that resist Terrakion's most common weaknesses to Ground and Fighting, such as Gengar, Celebi and Landorus-T, (comma) are very helpful, especially the latter, which can set up Stealth Rock to further support Terrakion. Pokemon that greatly appreciate Terrakion's wallbreaking ability also make for good partners. Additionally, teams that lack a wallbreaker or other Pokemon with immediate power can use Choice Band Terrakion. Finally, any Pokemon that can take care of opposing bulky Water- and Ground-types are appreciated; Celebi, Mega Venusaur, Rotom-W, Keldeo, and Starmie all come to mind.

Other Options
########

A Swords Dance + Rock Polish set can be used as it can be pretty effective, depending on the situation. Rock Tomb can be used useful on Terrakion to OHKO Talonflame and Mega Charizard Y and lower the Speed of whatever switches in, (AC) letting Terrakion on Terrakion to help it outspeed and KO the foe or support another teammate. Earthquake can also be used to OHKO Heatran and KO weakened Excadrill if Terrakion is not using a Life Orb or Choice Band and KO weakened Excadrill without getting the Defense and Special Defense drops from Close Combat. It also provides achieves nice coverage in conjunction with Stone Edge. Finally, Zen Headbutt can be used to help eliminate some of Terrakion's checks, Mega Venusaur and Amoonguss in particular.

Checks & Counters
########

**Bulky Psychic-types**: Physically defensive Cresselia and Slowbro can use their typing and incredible physical bulk to shut Terrakion down. Each of them can take hits from even Choice Band Terrakion after Stealth Rock damage and hit back with their STAB Psychic-type attacks, making them hard counters. Additionally, physically defensive Celebi is a hard check to Terrakion, easily taking a Choice Band Stone Edge and 2HKOing back; however, unlike the other two, it can be 2HKOed by Choice Band Terrakion's Stone Edge after Stealth Rock. Starmie can revenge kill all the sets other than Choice Scarf Terrakion and is a good answer for Focus Sash lead Terrakion, as it can Rapid Spin away Stealth Rock, making it a good check. (you already said it was a good answer)

**Bulky Ground-types**: Bulky Landorus-T, physically defensive Gliscor, and physically defensive Hippowdon can take two hits from Choice Band Terrakion even after Stealth Rock damage and threaten back with STAB Earthquake. Quagsire can't counter Choice Band or Life Orb Terrakion, but it is definitely a hard check, as it can eat up a hit or two, heal up with Recover, and OHKO back at -1. It is also a hard counter to Choice Scarf Terrakion.

**Bulky Poison-types**: Physically defensive Mega Venusaur is a hard check to Terrakion, surviving 2 two Choice Band Stone Edges without Stealth Rock damage and being able to 2HKO back with Giga Drain while healing back some of the damage taken. Physically defensive Amoonguss is a shaky check to Terrakion, as it can avoid the 2HKO from Life Orb Terrakion's Stone Edge without Stealth Rock damage and has a good chance to 2HKO back with Giga Drain. It also avoids the 2HKO from Choice Band Terrakion's Stone Edge without Stealth Rock damage if it uses Giga Drain on the same turn as it takes the first Stone Edge.

**Bulky Fairy-types**: Clefable and Sylveon are shaky checks to Life Orb and Choice Scarf Terrakion, but only if they have greatly heavily invested in Defense. Clefable can heal up until Terrakion's Life Orb recoil puts it in Moonblast's KO range, whereas Sylveon can OHKO it with Hyper Voice after Life Orb recoil. However, they must both fear Iron Head on the switch from the Choice Scarf set.

**Physically Defensive Pokemon**: Physically bulky Pokemon that don't even resist Terrakion's STAB moves can still check it. Suicune, Tangrowth, and Chesnaught are good answers; however, only Tangrowth is a true counter. Suicune and Chesnaught are only shaky counters, living surviving a hit from Choice Band Terrakion and 2HKOing back with their super effective STAB moves. Tangrowth can take any attack and 2HKOes back Terrakion with Giga Drain.

**Faster Offensive Pokemon**: There are a lot of common offensive Pokemon that can naturally outspeed Choice Scarf-lacking Terrakion and KO it with a super effective attack, such as Greninja, Thundurus, Alakazam, Latios, and Latias. Likewise, Choice Scarf variants of many slower Pokemon, such as Garchomp, Landorus-T and Rotom-W, can outspeed Terrakion and check it.

**Priority**: The prevalence of powerful priority attacks makes it harder for Terrakion to sweep. Moves such as Brave Bird from Talonflame, Aqua Jet from Azumarill, Mach Punch from Breloom and Conkeldurr, and Bullet Punch from Scizor are capable of inflicting severe damage to Terrakion, if not outright KOing it. This is especially effective if the opposing priority user is not in KO range of Quick Attack from the Life Orb attacker set at +2 or from the Choice Band set.

OU analyses are so long !_!

GP 2/2

Last edited:
Stealth Rock Terrakion has issues with Mega Sableye, who can bounce its Stealth Rock and Taunt back with Magic Guard, burn it with Will-O-Wisp, and proceed to use it as set-up fodder. Given that ORAS is well underway, this should be mentioned in the analysis, along with new checks to Terrakion such as Mega Lopunny, Sceptile, Diancie, Metagross, Gallade, etc.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Tbh this pretty much needs a decent revamp. There are so many changes in ORAS that effect Terrakion's capabilities for better or worse and the majority of these spreads need to be moved around because the first set that was fantastic in XY SR/Taunt simply has lost tons of viability, while sets such as Sub variants and Life Orb Attacker are much better in the ORAS metagame.

AM is right, I'm almost done implementing the second GP check so if QC can just tell me what to edit/change/add/remove ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)