Terrakion (Stealth Rock) [QC 3/3] [GP 2/2] BOOM BOOM CHICK BOOM

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I had a team in need of SR that I was making with TropiOUs that had to do well against sun, tacked this on, and it did great.

[SET]
name: Stealth Rock
move 1: Stealth Rock
move 2: Taunt / Swords Dance
move 3: Stone Edge
move 4: Close Combat
item: Focus Sash
nature: Jolly
evs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>While other Terrakion sets are more focused towards sweeping and punching holes, this set focuses more on supporting its teammates by setting up Stealth Rock. Terrakion makes for an excellent user of Stealth Rock due to the many switches it forces with its heralded STABs. This Terrakion set is best used in the lead position, as it can get up Stealth Rock right off the bat and threatens common weather inducing and entry hazard-setting leads. It can prevent Deoxys-D from getting up any entry hazards with Taunt and can stop most setup sweepers that might choose to lead in their tracks. Another reason why Terrakion is an excellent setter of Stealth Rock is that it can beat a common Rapid Spinner&mdash;Forretress&mdash;as well as Espeon and Xatu which reflect Stealth Rock and Taunt. Very few Stealth Rock users can beat Espeon and Xatu, so this is a major advantage over other users. In addition, Terrakion is pretty much the only Stealth Rock user not named Tyranitar that is legitimately threatening to sun teams and their most common methods of preventing Stealth Rock from being set up, namely Forretress and Xatu. Stone Edge and Close Combat hit most of a sun team for heavy damage and Stealth Rock is a pain for Fire-types such as Volcarona, Victini, and Ninetales on said teams. Terrakion is also not setup bait for opposing entry hazard setters, unlike Ferrothorn, Forretress, and most Deoxys-D. Swords Dance can be used over Taunt to bluff one of the more traditional Terrakion sets and to provide immediate pressure in the lead position and later in the game after Stealth Rock has already been set up. As a final note, Stealth Rock Terrakion is unexpected, which gives it more opportunity to set it up.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The EVs are fairly obvious, with maximum investment in both Attack and Speed for Terrakion to function as efficiently as possible. The remaining 4 EVs are invested in Special Defense to prevent Genesect from getting a Special Attack boost and putting a decently-sized dent in Terrakion with Thunderbolt. A Jolly nature is used to best utilize Terrakion's high Speed stat, but an Adamant nature is an option, allowing Terrakion to always OHKO standard Breloom. However, this would cause Terrakion to never win Speed ties with other Terrakion, Keldeo, and other Pokemon with 95 base Speed or above that choose to run positive natures, as well as making it impossible to test whether opposing Landorus and Genesect are using a Choice Scarf or not with Terrakion's Focus Sash, but it is often worth the trade-off should one desire Terrakion to hit harder. Speaking of Focus Sash, it guarantees the setup of Stealth Rock in the lead position and allows Terrakion to stay in and go for the KO on opposing Starmie and Jolteon, among other Pokemon that outspeed it.</p>

<p>Where other move options are concerned, there are two that can boost Terrakion's effectiveness in certain situations. Substitute can be used to allow Terrakion to beat every common spinner, including Forretress, Starmie, and Tentacruel, as well as threaten sun teams even more by having a method to bypass Venusaur with a Chlorophyll boost. In that case, a Stone Plate may be used to boost the power of Stone Edge or a Fist Plate to boost the power of Close Combat due to the fact that Substitute makes Focus Sash unusable. However, Focus Sash already does this and more, so Substitute is very niche and usually less effective than Focus Sash + Taunt. X-Scissor is an option to OHKO Celebi, but its use would be solely for that purpose and so is not recommended unless one's team has trouble with Celebi. Lastly, a Rock Gem can be used to OHKO bulky Starmie and 2HKO standard Tentacruel, but Focus Sash has a myriad of uses that make Rock Gem inferior.</p>

<p>In the realm of support, there is nothing mandatory as Terrakion does very well as a standalone Pokemon. However, there are many optional forms of support that are beneficial to Terrakion. A spinblocker, such as Gengar, Jellicent, or Sableye, is helpful becaus Terrakion will have trouble setting up Stealth Rock multiple times due to its partial reliance on Focus Sash to do so. Toxic Spikes support may be helpful if one wants Terrakion to beat bulky Water-types, with the two best users being Tentacruel and Forretress. There are many Pokemon that partner well with Terrakion thanks to its overwhelming power and utility. Since this Terrakion is a nightmare for sun teams, Tyranitar loves it as a partner, freeing up a moveslot for another coverage move and in return providing a 50% boost to Terrakion's Special Defense. With Terrakion being used in tandem with it, Suicide Lead Deoxys-D can run 3 attacks, and Terrakion can switch in on Bug- and Steel-type attacks that threaten Deoxys-D while Deoxys-D resists Fighting-type attacks that threaten Terrakion. Dragonite boasts excellent defensive synergy with Terrakion and enjoys Stealth Rock not being set up as well as having Ferrothorn removed. Latias is in the same boat as Dragonite and always beats Starmie, a major threat to Terrakion if its Focus Sash is already broken. Politoed enjoys the fact that Terrakion can remove its two most common rival weather inducers, Tyranitar and Ninetales, both of which hinder Politoed and its teammates. Lastly, it should be mentioned that every team pretty much requires Stealth Rock in one way or another, and Terrakion is an amazing user of it.</p>

I think landorus-t (or cobalion) pulls off the offensive rocks set better. Terrakion just has better, more dangerous things to be doing. If I got terrakion behind a sub, why in the world would I waste it by setting rocks instead of ripping apart everything? Yeah, he does learn SR, but he also learns SD, which is a much more threatening set, and something with terrakions crazy offensive presence and mediocre defensive ability shouldn't be focusing on support in really any facet beyond just punching stuff really hard.

alkinesthetase

<@dtc> every day with alk is a bad day
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
terrakion puts down way more offensive pressure than either of those mons. it's not the kind of SR lead to be running on bulky offense or balanced. this is a lead for very offensive teams who intend to do a ton of damage right off the bat. terrakion's power is higher and so it can scare away lots of support mons to ensure SR gets laid.

curious to know what you think of taunt or SD in the first slot, as lavos suggested a similar one elsewhere. i'm feeling a "lead rak" set that's mainly distinguished by its use of SR. you can then use taunt to counter other hazard leads (rak being quite fast, it'll take down pretty much any other non-suicide lead), substitute to predict and kill spinners as you suggested, or SD if you wanna screw the support stuff and just SR and smash.

if you choose not to run sub, then obviously focus sash is a very good item choice. you can also run rock gem to get massive power on the first stone edge, rather than running stone plate for the higher consistency. if that first rock gem SE crushes the opposing spinner you won't need the boost going forward. for example rock gem SE always ohkos 0/0 starmie so you don't need a sub to beat it. stone plate will only do so 1/8th of the time. tentacruel takes nearly 2/3rds from a rock gem SE so the next one will kill it for sure (90% chance to 2hko with stone plate, and that chance drops to 44% if cruel has rain dish activated) and it will be extremely frightened to stay in. not even protect will be enough to save it from the second hit. obviously if you already have a sub up, you don't need the extra power as badly because you have an extra turn to hit it with, but rock gem + sub is not a bad combination in and of itself.

PDC

street spirit fade out
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
I have been using a similar Terrakion set, and I believe that it should look something like this.

Close Combat
Stone Edge
Stealth Rock
Taunt

This set functions amazing as a powerful lead SR user, and I believe should be the main set for this. Taunt is a very useful move on this set surprisingly, as it can easily prevent hazards. Even better, this set is still a strong attacker and beats most of the common users.

TrollFreak

(╮°-°)╮┳━┳ (╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
is a Contributor Alumnus
Nitpick, but move the 4 HP EVs to either Defense or Special Defense, as you take extra damage from Stealth Rock and Spikes with 4 HP EVs (324 HP). Idk which works better, prob Special Defense so Gene gets an Atk boost, but idk

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yea, Substitute is not vital for this set. I've seen variations of this set with Swords Dance or X-Scissor on the last spot. Taunt is especially effective for leads, preventing the likes of Deoxys-D from setting up on Terrakion; it should probably be the main slash. Substitute is nice to ease prediction, but Terrakion wont be making much use of it, since it doesn't have Swords Dance.

I personally think Fist > Stone, since Close Combat is Terrakion's #1 offense, but other items may be better. Focus Sash guarantees that Terrakion survives a hit and sets up SR, whereas Life Orb provides Terrakion the offensive pressure it wants to dent the opponent's team.

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
okay so here's the massive overhaul after testing the suggestions:

move 1: Taunt / Substitute / Swords Dance / X-Scissor

item: Focus Sash / Life Orb / Fist Plate

Stone Plate and Rock Gem in AC

name of set changed to lead, elaboration on why Terrakion makes a good lead

If youre getting to the point where you want to use plates you might as well use a gem instead because theres no way youre surviving 2 attacks (especially if you set up sr first). of course focus sash should be the only option imo but what do i know.

also if xscissor gets a slash then you might as well quit while youre ahead. literally the only thing it does it beat celebi and celebi isnt the first pokemon that comes to mind when i think of countering terrakion. xscissor doesnt even help with deo-d since if you want to stop deo-d you shouldbe using taunt. i personally preferred protect in the final spot since it allows you to scout the pokes that will come in when youre down to a sash (scizor genesect) but then again this is ou qc so i might as well stop there

If the goal is an uber offensive hazard setter the set should look like

Terrakion @ Focus Sash / Life Orb
Jolly 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Stealth Rock
Close Combat
Stone Edge
Taunt / X-Scissor

X-Scissor with a LO gives good coverage and keeps psychics from setting up (Deo-D, celebi, Mew-kinda), and Taunt should pretty much only be used with a sash, so you can live through an EQ from hippo, psycho boost from Deo-D, power whip/gyro from ferro, etc. if you mispredict and taunt, then set up rocks.

Sub, protect, and Swords dance should go to AC, and quick attack (last slot) + sash is worth a mention to KO other sash leads as terrkaion is immune to sand.

Edit: I wouldn't call the set "lead" just because of the team preview = no real leads thing, but renaming it offensive SR or something and emphasizing that it can somewhat reliably act as a lead with sash would suffice. Kind of how scarf-genesect is pretty much always leading, the set is still called scarf.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
ballabrown your input is valuable! Why so salty???

Protect seems like a filler move tbh. I do agree with some of the things, you've suggested, though. Taunt and SD should probably be the only options, with Substitute and X-scissor dropped into AC. Drop Fist Plate, too.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
QC discussed this and we want the set to look like the following

move 1: Taunt / Swords Dance
move 2: Stealth Rock

This is the set Taylor used a lot, and for a "lead" this is the sort of set you want. Focus Sash is pretty much mandatory for tanking a hit and setting up SR, Sub and X-Scissor have there uses, but Taunt (to prevent other leads from setting up SR), and Swords Dance, (which can really put a team on the back foot when they need to hit it twice to finally kill) are the best options you have, and so they should really be the only 2 options listed to avoid the set looking messy with slashs.

I think typing up the set I listed above should be good enough, and we can scms edit SR in OO or something that can be used on other Terrakion sets.

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Absolutely agreeing with Pocket. I'd also possibly consider dropping LO to AC.

Please call the set "Stealth Rock" or something rather than lead.

edit: ginganinja living up to his name....

Joeyboy

Has got the gift of gab
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Could've sworn this set was on-site already xD

Yeah I've used this set extensively since BW2 came out and can attest to its ability. The set Ginjaninja posted looks the best, though I find Taunt much more valuable than Swords Dance. If its leading I don't think Swords Dance is optimal.

Lavos

Banned deucer.
I use this set on my #1 peaking suspect ladder team as well as a variation of my standard weatherless HO team and it works like a charm. The best set, without a doubt, is

name: Terrakion (Lead)
move 1: Taunt
move 2: Stealth Rock

The combination of Taunt + Terrakion's cool typing allows it to beat essentially every single lead in the game while being able to set up Stealth Rock with ease. Seriously, do not, under any circumstances, drop Taunt for Swords Dance or whatever, because it is essentially to have for surprise factor against the oh-so-common Deoxys-D leads. It also lets you beat Skarmory, a common switch-in once the opponent realizes Terrakion is not Choice Banded. There is definitely an argument to be made for SD, as it helps extremely offensively oriented teams get the ball rolling ASAP, but in my mind it will always be inferior to Taunt on the lead set for the reasons I listed above. Item should always be Focus Sash, there's really no reason not to use this, as even if the opponent tricks you and leads with a ScarfTar and hits you with Superpower, you'll still survive due to that nifty Sash. In fact, the most common scenario I've seen is:

1. I lead with Terrakion
2. Opponent leads with something Terrakion-weak as they don't normally expect Terrak to lead
3. They switch out in fear of a powerful attack to something that checks me, I set up rocks
4. They attack, my Sash saves me, I hit them hard or even OHKO them with a CC/SE.

There's also a case for using Adamant Terrakion, as it gives you a guaranteed OHKO on TechniLoom, who the opponent often leads with if they assume Sash Terrak because Bullet Seed is an OHKO no matter what (multi-hit attack breaks the Sash). However, then you can't win speed ties with other Terrakion, Keldeo, etc., and it also doesn't let you test the waters to see if opposing Landorus and Genesect are Scarfed or not. It's often worth it, though.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Another neat thing about is that it lets you destroy gyro ball-less Forretress. Swords Dance is AC material at best.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
The set exactly like the one Lavos posted. There shouldn't be any item or move deviations (most of them should be covered in AC). That combination of sash, sr and ridiculous power make it extremely annoying.

It's like a new age aerodactyl.

Jukain

!_!
FUCK YEAH 700TH POST

aside from that qc checks implemented and swords dance slashed because aldaron is an aldaron

TrollFreak

(╮°-°)╮┳━┳ (╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
is a Contributor Alumnus
sure, don't have to play blara until 9 anyways

name: Terrakion (Stealth Rock) (JS, you don't need Terrakion in the name, so Stealth Rock by itself makes a good name for this set)

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>While other Terrakion sets are more focused towards sweeping and punching holes, Terrakion also has access to Stealth Rock. It makes, making it an excellent user of Stealth Rock due to the many switches it forces with its heralded STABs. This Terrakion set is best used in the lead position, as it can get up Stealth Rock right off the bat and threatens the common weather inducers and entry hazard leads. It can prevent Deoxys-D from getting up any entry hazards with Taunt and can stop most setup sweepers that might choose to lead in their tracks. Another reason why Terrakion is an excellent usetter of Stealth Rock is that it can beat one of the twomore common Rapid Spinners, Forretress, as well as Espeon and Xatu which reflect Stealth Rock and Taunt. Very few Stealth Rock users can beat Espeon and Xatu, so this is a major advantage over others. In addition, Terrakion is pretty much the only Pokemon that can use Stealth Rock not named Tyranitar that is legitimately threatening to sun and its most common methods of preventing Stealth Rock from being set up, Forretress and Xatu. Stone Edge and Close Combat hit most of the Pokemon on a sun team for heavy damage and Stealth Rock is a pain for the Fire-types such as Volcarona, Victini, and Ninetales on said teams. It also is not setup bait for opposing hazard setters unlike Landorus-T, Ferrothorn, and Mamoswine. The momentum it creates early in the game that more conventional Stealth Rock setters tend to lose. Swords Dance may be used over Taunt to bluff being one of the more traditional Terrakion sets and to provide immediate pressure in the lead position and later in the game after Stealth Rock has already been setup. As a final note, Stealth Rock Terrakion is unexpected, which is a huge plus in actually achieving the setup of Stealth Rock.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The EVs are fairly obvious, with maximum investment in both Attack and Speed for Terrakion to function as efficiently as possible. The remaining 4 EVs are invested in Special Defense to prevent Genesect from getting a Special Attack boost and putting a decently-sized dent in Terrakion with Thunderbolt. A Jolly nature is used to best abuse Terrakion's high Speed stat, but an Adamant nature is an option, allowing Terrakion to always OHKO standard Breloom. However, this would cause Terrakion to never win speed ties with other Terrakion, Keldeo, and other Pokemon around itswith base 95 Speed that choose to run positive natures, as well as makingand positive natures. It also makes it impossible to test whether opposing Landorus and Genesect are using a Choice Scarf or not with Terrakion's Focus Sash, but it is often worth the trade-off should one desire Terrakion hit harder. Speaking of Focus Sash, it guarantees the setup of Stealth Rock in the lead position and allows Terrakion to go for the KO on opposing Starmie and Jolteon, among other Pokemon that outspeed it.</p>

<p>Where other move options are concerned, there are two that can boost Terrakion's effectiveness in certain situations. Substitute can be used to allow Terrakion to beat every common spinner, including Forretress, Starmie, and Tentacruel, as well as to threaten sun teams even more by having a method to bypass Venusaur with a Chlorophyll boost. In that case, a Stone Plate may be used to boost the power of Stone Edge or a Fist Plate to boost the power of Close Combat due to the fact that Substitute is redundant with Focus Sash. However, Focus Sash already does this and more, so Substitute is very niche and usually less effective than Focus Sash + Taunt. X-Scissor is an option to OHKO Celebi, but its use would be solely for that purpose and so is not recommended unless one's team has trouble with Celebi. Lastly, a Rock Gem can be used to OHKO bulky Starmie and 2HKO standard Tentacruel, but Focus Sash has a myriad of uses that make Rock Gem inferior.</p>

<p>In the realm of support, there is nothing mandatory as Terrakion iworks very well as a standalone Pokemon. However, there are many optional forms of support that are beneficial to Terrakion. A spinblocker such as Gengar, Jellicent, or Sableye is helpful due to the fact that Terrakion will have trouble setting up Stealth Rock multiple times due to its partial reliance on Focus Sash to do so. Toxic Spikes support may be helpful if one wants Terrakion to beat bulky Water-types, with the two best users being Tentacruel and Forretress. There are many Pokemon that partner well with Dragonite thanksTerrakion due to its overwhelming power and utility. Since this Terrakion is a nightmare for sun teams, Tyranitar loves it as a partner, freeing up a moveslot for another coverage move and in return providing a 50% boost to Terrakion's Special Defense. With Terrakion being used in tandem with it, Suicide Lead Deoxys-D can run 3 attacks, and Terrakion resists Bug- and SteelDark-type attacks that threaten Deoxys-D while Deoxys-D resists Fighting-type attacks that threaten Terrakion. Dragonite boasts excellent defensive synergy with Terrakion and enjoys Stealth Rock not being set up thanks to Taunt preventing it as well as having Ferrothorn removed. Latias is in much the same boat as Dragonite and always beats Starmie, a major threat to Terrakion if its Focus Sash is already broken. Politoed enjoys thatis Terrakion set, as it can remove its two most common rival weather inducers, Tyranitar and Ninetales, both of which hinder Politoed and its teammates. Lastly, it should be mentioned that every team pretty much requires Stealth Rock in one way or another, and Terrakion is an amazing setter of it.</p>

cb aaron judge

ALL RISE
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
I had a team in need of SR that I was making with TropiOUs that had to do well against sun, tacked this on, and it did great.

name: Terrakion (Stealth Rock)

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>While other Terrakion sets are more focused towards sweeping and punching holes, Terrakion also has access to Stealth Rock. It makes is an excellent user of Stealth Rock due to the many switches it forces with its heralded STABs. This Terrakion set is best used in the lead position, as it can get up Stealth Rock right off the bat and threatens the common weather inducer and entry hazard leads. It also can prevent Deoxys-D from getting up any entry hazards with Taunt and can stop most setup sweepers that might choose to lead in their tracks. Another reason why Terrakion is an excellent setter of Stealth Rock is that it can beat one of the two common Rapid Spinners, Forretress, as well as Espeon and Xatu which reflect Stealth Rock and Taunt. Very few Stealth Rock users can beat Espeon and Xatu, so this is a major advantage over others users. In addition, Terrakion is pretty much the only Stealth Rock user Pokemon that can use Stealth Rock not named Tyranitar that is legitimately threatening to sun and its most common methods of preventing Stealth Rock from being set up, Forretress and Xatu. Stone Edge and Close Combat hit most of a sun team for heavy damage, and Stealth Rock is a pain for the Fire-types such as Volcarona, Victini, and Ninetales on said teams. It Terrakion also is not setup bait for opposing hazard setters, unlike Landorus-T, Ferrothorn, and Mamoswine. The momentum it creates early in the game that more conventional Stealth Rock setters tend to lose. Swords Dance may can be used over Taunt to bluff being one of the more traditional Terrakion sets and to provide immediate pressure in the lead position and later in the game after Stealth Rock has already been set up. As a final note, Stealth Rock Terrakion is unexpected, which is a huge plus in actually achieving the setup of Stealth Rock.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The EVs are fairly obvious, with maximum investment in both Attack and Speed for Terrakion to function as efficiently as possible. The remaining 4 EVs are invested in Special Defense to prevent Genesect from getting a Special Attack boost and putting a decently-sized dent in Terrakion with Thunderbolt. A Jolly nature is used to best abuse Terrakion's high Speed stat, but an Adamant nature is an option, allowing Terrakion to always OHKO standard Breloom. However, this would cause Terrakion to never win speed ties with other Terrakion, Keldeo, and other Pokemon around its base Speed that choose to run positive natures, as well as making it impossible to test whether opposing Landorus and Genesect are using a Choice Scarf or not with Terrakion's Focus Sash, but it is often worth the trade-off should one desire Terrakion hit harder. Speaking of Focus Sash, it guarantees the setup of Stealth Rock in the lead position and allows Terrakion to go for the KO on opposing Starmie and Jolteon, among other Pokemon that outspeed it.</p>

<p>Where other move options are concerned, there are two that can boost Terrakion's effectiveness in certain situations. Substitute can be used to allow Terrakion to beat every common spinner, including Forretress, Starmie, and Tentacruel, as well as to threaten sun teams even more by having a method to bypass Venusaur with a Chlorophyll boost. In that case, a Stone Plate may be used to boost the power of Stone Edge or a Fist Plate to boost the power of Close Combat, due to the fact that Substitute is redundant with Focus Sash. However, Focus Sash already does this and more, so Substitute is very niche and usually less effective than Focus Sash + Taunt. X-Scissor is an option to OHKO Celebi, but its use would be solely for that purpose and so is not recommended unless one's team has trouble with Celebi. Lastly, a Rock Gem can be used to OHKO bulky Starmie and 2HKO standard Tentacruel, but Focus Sash has a myriad of uses that make Rock Gem inferior.</p>

<p>In the realm of support, there is nothing mandatory, as Terrakion is does very well as a standalone Pokemon. However, there are many optional forms of support that are beneficial to Terrakion. A spinblocker such as Gengar, Jellicent, or Sableye is helpful due to the fact that Terrakion will have trouble setting up Stealth Rock multiple times due to its partial reliance on Focus Sash to do so. Toxic Spikes support may be helpful if one wants Terrakion to beat bulky Water-types, with the two best users being Tentacruel and Forretress. There are many Pokemon that partner well with Dragonite Terrakion thanks to its overwhelming power and utility. Since this Terrakion is a nightmare for sun teams, Tyranitar loves it as a partner, freeing up a moveslot for another coverage move and in return providing a 50% boost to Terrakion's Special Defense. With Terrakion being used in tandem with it, Suicide Lead Deoxys-D can run 3 attacks, and Terrakion resists the Bug- and Steel-type attacks that threaten Deoxys-D, while Deoxys-D resists Fighting-type attacks that threaten Terrakion. Dragonite boasts excellent defensive synergy with Terrakion and enjoys Stealth Rock not being set up thanks to Taunt preventing it as well as having Ferrothorn removed. Latias is in much the same boat as Dragonite and always beats Starmie, a major threat to Terrakion if its Focus Sash is already broken. Politoed enjoys the fact that Terrakion can remove its two most common rival weather inducers, Tyranitar and Ninetales, both of which hinder Politoed and its teammates. Lastly, it should be mentioned that every team pretty much requires Stealth Rock in one way or another, and Terrakion is an amazing setter of it.</p>
amcheck btw

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)