is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus

HP: 91
Atk: 129
Def: 90
SpA:72
SpDef: 90
Spe: 108

Abilities:
Justified: Raises Attack one stage upon being hit by a Dark move.

Code:
[B]Level-Up Moves (Important ones bolded)[/B]
Lv1 [B]Quick Attack[/B]
Lv1 Leer
Lv7 Double Kick
Lv13 [B]Smack Down[/B]
Lv19 Take Down
Lv25 [B]Helping Hand[/B]
Lv31 Retaliate
Lv37 [B]Rock Slide[/B]
Lv42 [B]Sacred Sword[/B]
Lv49 [B]Swords Dance[/B]
Lv55 [B]Quick Guard[/B]
Lv61 Work Up
Lv67 [B]Stone Edge[/B]
Lv73 [B]Close Combat[/B]

[B]TM/HMs Learned[/B]
TM04 Calm Mind
TM05 Roar
TM06 Toxic
TM10 Hidden Power
TM12 Taunt
TM15 Hyper Beam
TM17 Protect
TM20 Safeguard
TM21 Frustration
TM23 Smack Down
TM26 Earthquake
TM27 Return
TM32 Double Team
TM33 Reflect
TM37 Sandstorm
TM39 Rock Tomb
TM40 Aerial Ace
TM42 Facade
TM44 Rest
TM48 Round
TM52 Focus Blast
TM54 False Swipe
TM67 Retaliate
TM68 Giga Impact
TM69 Rock Polish
TM71 Stone Edge
TM75 Swords Dance
TM77 Psych Up
TM78 Bulldoze
TM80 Rock Slide
TM81 X-Scissor
TM83 Work Up
TM84 Poison Jab
TM87 Swagger
TM90 Substitute
TM94 Rock Smash
HM01 Cut
HM04 Strength

GBU Singles Sets

tbd

GBU Doubles Sets
Terrakion @ Focus Sash / Chople Berry
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Close Combat
- Quick Attack / Quick Guard
- Protect / Quick Guard

• Great speed combined with 129 Attack make Terrakion an amazing sweeper
  • Rock Slide has a massive 46% chance to flinch at least one Pokemon if Terrakion outspeeds
  • Close Combat takes out most of the types that resist Rock Slide, such as Steel
  • Quick Attack allows Terrakion to KO weakened or sashed Pokemon
  • Quick Guard allows Terrakion to protect its teammates from priority moves, most notably Fake Out (Terrakion must be faster than the Fake Out user for this to work, however)
  • Protect is generally useful if you need Terrakion's partner to use a move such as Earthquake to take out the opposing team
  • Focus Sash has generally more utility, but Chople Berry allows Terrakion to beat opposing Terrakion and Scrafty barring a crit

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack

• By outpacing Tornadus and Thundurus, Terrakion can OHKO them with Rock Slide before they move
  • The flinch chance of Rock Slide is amplified here
  • Close Combat takes out most of the types that resist Rock Slide, such as Steel
  • Quick Attack allows Terrakion to KO weakened or sashed Pokemon
  • Earthquake is a generally useful attack to hit random Pokemon

I find that Terrakion's power in doubles is offset by its predictability. Its movepool basically consists of Rock Slide, Close Combat, Rock Slide, Protect and Rock Slide. Maybe the occasional Earthquake or Swords Dance for variety. Also, if you see Terrakion and Whimsicott in team preview, they are just about guaranteed to lead together.

I would agree it is very predictable, but the reason why it is so good is because of its ability to use STAB Rock Slides and deal respectable damage, and flinch. Also it has pretty good coverage with its STABs alone, so it has room for protect and either a support move such as Helping Hand/Quick Guard or run priority in Quick Attack for revenge kills and sash breaks.

cosmicexplorer

pewpewpew
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Whimsicott / Terrakion is nowhere near as useful as it was in 2011 with the greater number of Follow Me and Fake Out users. If I saw a Whimsicott and Terrakion on the same team, I wouldn't be so quick to make that judgement, and if they do lead, then it's not that hard to stop.

Singles sets

In singles, I usually see stuff along the lines of:

Terrakion @ Focus Sash / Choice Band / Choice Scarf
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Quick Attack
- Swords Dance / Double Kick

I always see Quick Attack being used, with the occasional Earthquake or Sacred Sword here and there. Double Kick is something to keep in the back of your mind if you use Focus Sashed Pokemon weak to Fighting.

cosmicexplorer

pewpewpew
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
An Adamant nature means it loses to too many threats around the 100 base Speed mark; it's not really viable except with Choice Scarf. That set seems about right, but Life Orb is also a usable, however uncommon, option.

Solace

royal flush
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
if cb terrakion is not in gbu singles i will cry that thing just wrecks

stone edge / quick attack / close combat / x-scissor

jolly nature is the way to go since cb gives it that extra attack power anyway

doubles sets look good

soul_survivor

VGCPL Champion
I want to say I probably have one of the oddest scarf set with terrakion. its bulky scarf variant looking like this:

Terrakion@choice scarf
adamant
180hp, 252 atk, 72 speed
-Close combat
-Sacred sword
-rock slide
-x-scizzor

Yep 180 hp ev's. At 72 speed ev's terrakion is at 137 speed, well enough to speed non +speed natures base 80's(note yes I screwed up on ev's. It was suppose to reach 133 speed.). This thing survives hits and does damage back. Literally it survived a KROOKODILES earthquake and ko'd it with sacred sword(i'm counting ghe fact that most krooks have chople so it lives through the eq). It survives mach punch from con with room to breed, and still beats base Plus natured130-. Though the speed ev's do need reworking. I believe 60 is just enough to obtain 133 speed and the rest in hp.

If you want to outspeed +130, you actually need 134 speed (which gets Terrakion to 201 speed, outspeeding +130's 200). Only 44 Speed EVs are needed for that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)