Terraria

Hmm, so it still has like the randomly generated maps and whatever else? I know I've seen it discounted on Steam lots of times, might have to give it a try...

How does multiplayer work out of curiosity, does it have to have like its own server, can you play on each others'...world I guess, etc?

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Everyone can play in a shared world on a server. The server itself can easily be run by any of the players while playing on it, though.

I think it supports up to either 4 or 8 players. Can't remember which.

So, this is basically like side scroller minecraft I guess?
The only thing it has in common with Minecraft is that you can mine for materials and you can place blocks, really. Both games have an entirely different feel - Minecraft rewards people who are looking for a sandbox experience while Terraria still has a lot of creative options but is more cohesive in terms of a "story" and a progression from a clear early game to mid game to end game.

christmas update hopefully adds as much content as the halloween update did

i believe it's coming out the 20th? very exciting

if someone wants to get a multiplayer server going that'd be pretty fun, though i don't know if we have the playerbase

Christmas patch is live! There are some stupidly overpowered drops from the Frost Moon, notably the Chain Gun and the Razorpine.

I havent done that yet, only did the frost legion, and on the wrong map so no santa yet, I still have to kill plantera so no ectoplasm for cool stuff, tips for plantera please?

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
For those of you interested in going a little further with it.. check out this mod. It's some kind of weird meshing of terraria (of course) with zelda & dark souls? It can be kinda ridiculously hard at points since it turns a lot of things into a sort of platformer. Anywho: linky. Warning, it uses 1.1 so no nice, smooth steps, etc.

I've finished the game. I have extra hardmode items if anyone wants it. Excalibur, Gungnir (sorry if i spelled it wrong), Rainbow Rod, Megashark, and Hollow Armor.

Every single one of those items is outclassed by an endgame console equivalent introduced in either 1.2 or one of the Holiday patches (Excalibur falls short to The Horseman's Blade, Gungnir is outclassed by the North Pole, Rainbow Rod doesn't compare to the Blizzard Staff, Megashark deals less DPS than the Chain Gun, and full Hallowed is weaker than the endgame caster / ranged / melee armors)

I highly recommend you get the PC version if you haven't already because the amount of content added by Patch 1.2 was truly staggering.

I got the game, simply astounding. I have full turtle and vampire knives. This game got REALLY good.
also, any ideas about someone making a terraria server for smogon users?

Also, if you want to utterly demolish Plantera, I'd get a pair of vampire knives and pretty high defense. You just stand in place holding the left mouse button, killing and healing constantly.

there is a very useful button on your posts that says "edit" which you can use in order to avoid posting multiple times in a row

as a caster player myself, I can vouch that the Razorpine used alongside Spectre armor is like Vampire Knives on steroids

Sorry, as you can see, i'm pretty new. I didnt know there was an edit button. Im just so used to ps. :P Also, I'm more of melee user, and i usually do crazy stuff like fighting 100 golems, so i have to use turtle armor to not die immediately. :heart:

Just got the game the second go-around for 75% off on steam (my order didn't go through the first time since that was the L4D2 sale...). At 2.50, figured why not, if it entertains me for even a few hours it'll be worth it.

Just got the game the second go-around for 75% off on steam (my order didn't go through the first time since that was the L4D2 sale...). At 2.50, figured why not, if it entertains me for even a few hours it'll be worth it.
i've logged nearly 150 hours on this game

TURN BACK WHILE YOU STILL CAN

i've logged nearly 150 hours on this game

TURN BACK WHILE YOU STILL CAN
Eh I log more into Pokemon easily, pretty sure my Minecraft numbers are near that too. But I'll happily take some distraction from them, even better if I can stream it to my Shield.

I built a "arena" near a bulb and once I played in that "arena" area it was super easy to kill. I am currently in the process of creating a pretty cool arena in which I plan to do the pumpkin moon, already have the medallion made.

Hey guys, I've got a sort of little maybe probably major not-so-good problem. As you know, a new patch update has come out. I launch Terraria like normal, click Singleplayer, and says cannot find file... whatever (it's pretty long). If anyone is a wiz at this kind of stuff, please comment back. All help is appreciated :)

I'm trading a copy of this for basically anything on steam, hit me up in a pm, sorry if this isn't allowed on the forums, delete this post if need be.

Nearly finished with my third full playthrough (first was back in early 1.1, second was when 1.2 came out, this one started last week). I went for a full archer character, mainly using bows and only using melee if absolutely necessary (only early game, before hardmode - I relied on a Starfury to conserve ammo because I didn't have the resources). Beat Plantera about an hour ago, and I have to say that the balance team did a great job fixing post-hardmode progression. The Destroyer was nearly impossible for me to kill with just Palladium gear, but was doable with Orichalchum armor and a Titanium Repeater + Holy Arrows - most importantly, the stupidly powerful items that you used to be able to get right after killing the WoF like full Frost Armor or the Mushroom Spear are now only obtainable much later in the game, as they should be. Full Orichalchum armor carried me through all 3 mech bosses, after which I swapped to Frost armor briefly before killing Plantera and recently getting full Shroomite.

I really recommend trying a themed playthrough of your own, as they add a lot more challenge to the game. Yrimir, who's a very well known Terraria player and YouTuber, is uploading videos of his summoner playthrough in just a few days, so I'd at least try watching that if you're not going to do a playthrough. I can link to it when it gets posted.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)