1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Terrifying Turtle

Discussion in 'BW Other Teams' started by mafreel, Sep 28, 2013.

1. mafreel

mafreel

[​IMG]
    Building Phase

[ Sorry for bad english :* ]

Well well, this is my new NU team, It's based on Carracosta, good Sweeper.
    I started with the core Carracosta + Scolipede, the bug has in its moverpool Spikes and Toxic Spikes, very good for the Carracosta's sweep. So I needed a Stealth Rock user, and i choose Golurk because it is also a Ghost Type for block spinner. So my chooses were different, I wanted some Choice User, Electabuzz like Specs Sweeper (also for Volt Switch, it leaves me offensive momentum) and Haunter like Revenge Killer if Scarf and like second Ghost type. In the end i looked for an another Sweeper with boost move for work with carracosta and i chose Samurott.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

After some battles, i noticed that Electabuzz is very fast but his coverage is poor. So i changed it with Zebstrika, a little bit weak than Electabuzz but It's faster and has Overheat. I noticed also that my team had too physical Pokèmon, so i changed Samurott with Ludicolo.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Team

[​IMG] Carracosta @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
    Jolly Nature
    - Shell Smash
    - Waterfall
    - Stone Edge
    - Aqua Jet​

This Turtle is amazing. After Shell Smash it can finish the opponent's team in few moves. The combination of Waterfall and Stone Edge is too strong and few Pokémon can resist it (Seismitoad for example) by the way, with the hazards even the toad will be a problem. Evs spead standard, Sturdy is not the best trait in a team without Rapid spin user, but sometimes it helped me from some OHKOs. Aqua Jet is a priority move, always useful.

[​IMG] Scolipede @ Bug Gem
    Trait: Swarm
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
    Jolly Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Megahorn
    - Toxic Spikes
    - Spikes​

I love this set. Is fast, is offensive and with this, I can put Spikes and Toxic Spikes on the field and hit hard the opponent. While Earthquake is for coverage (Garbodor, Regirock if weak); Megahorn with the STAB, Bug Gem and, if possible, Swarm, is a danger for a lot of Pokèmon, if them not resist its, Scolipede can kill everything with this move.

[​IMG] Rotom-Fan @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
    Timid Nature
    - Air Slash
    - Volt Switch
    - Thunderbolt
    - Trick​

Good just because it is immune to earthquake by Mold Breaker user. I joke: its coverage is fantastic, also it has Volt Switch, for leave me offensive momentum. Thunderbolt is main electric STAB, after there is Air Slash like second STAB and for hits hard the grass-type, resistor to electric moves. In the end Trick, for stop the boosters or stall.

[​IMG] Ludicolo @ Life Orb
    Trait: Swift Swim
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Rain Dance
    - Hydro Pump / Surf
    - Ice Beam
    - Giga Drain​

This Pokèmn is beautiful ahaha. Seriously, after Rain Dance, Ludicolo has a boost in Speed and in Hydro Pump, the rain helps also Carracosta. Hydro Pump is main STAB, sometimes Surf>Hydro Pump, because it is more precise. Giga drain is very good like STAB and for a Pokèmon with Life Orb. After, Ice Beam is for Dragon- and Grass-type.

[​IMG] Golurk @ Leftovers
    Trait: Iron Fist
    EVs: 252 Atk / 80 HP / 172 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Punch
    - Shadow Punch
    - Stealth Rock​

Stealth Rocks and blocks the spin, wonderful. Earthquake is main STAB and it hits very hard with Ice Punch (for flying-type) and Shadow Punch like second STAB for Levitate User like Haunter (Haunter can't OHKO Golurk with Shadow ball, if scarfer, like 80% of Haunters).

[​IMG] Kangaskhan (F) @ Silk Scarf
    Trait: Scrappy
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature
    - Double-Edge
    - Fake Out
    - Earthquake
    - Sucker Punch​

Fantastic. The pair of priority moves Fake Out (with STAB + Silk Scarf) and Sucker Punch, make this Pokèmon a Sweeper and a Revenge Killer at the same time. With STAB and Silk Scarf, Double Edge and Fake Out are strong moves, they hit hard all the Pokèmon, also the ghost-type thanks at Scrappy. For the resistors (rock- and steel-type) there is Earthquake. In the end there is Sucker Punch for finish the weakened opponent. .

I thinked at another Stealth Rock user, like golem, Golurk is too weak, but is typing is good.
    A pokèmon with memento, for helps Carracosta and its sweep.

Rate

- Zebstrika removed and added Rotom-Fan * By Plus
    - Haunter removed and added Kangaskan * By Plus

Ett

Show Hide
    Carracosta @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Sturdy
    Jolly Nature
    - Shell Smash
    - Waterfall
    - Stone Edge
    - Aqua Jet

Scolipede @ Bug Gem
    Trait: Swarm
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Megahorn
    - Toxic Spikes
    - Spikes

Ludicolo @ Life Orb
    Trait: Swift Swim
    Jolly Nature
    - Rain Dance
    - Surf
    - Ice Beam
    - Giga Drain

Golurk @ Leftovers
    Trait: Iron Fist
    EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 172 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Punch
    - Shadow Punch
    - Stealth Rock

Kangaskhan (F) @ Silk Scarf
    Trait: Scrappy
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature
    - Double-Edge
    - Fake Out
    - Earthquake
    - Sucker Punch

Rotom-Fan @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
    Timid Nature
    - Air Slash
    - Volt Switch
    - Thunderbolt
    - Trick

Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
    Volcaronaaa and scotti like this.
  2. Plus

Plus walk into da club like whaddup i gotta big cock
    is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

I would watch out for Scarf Jynx since you lack a Psychic resist and don't have a surefire way of outspeeding it apart from a speed tie with Haunter -- which is in no way reliable. You'd have to play around a combination of Lovely Kiss, Psychic, and Ice Beam, and you're essentially forced to take a solid hit in order to take it out. From what I've read, you're just using Haunter as a revenge killer on this team which can probably be worked around by using something like Kangaskhan, whose priority can revenge kill nearly anything on offense while also maintaining pressure against your opponent as it isn't locked into one move.

To compensate for the lack of speed from ditching Scarf Haunter, you can try using Rotom-S (the fan) over Zebstrika if you want a little bit more speed on this team. Rotom-A hits reasonably hard for a scarfer and maintains the Volt Switch momentum you want. Air Slash for Grass-types such as Tangela help just as much as Zebstrika with Overheat, except it's more spammable and has a nifty 30% flinch rate in clutch situations. Lastly, you can use Trick so you don't lose to stall, since defensive teams with Alomomola can be a bitch for this team if its given entry hazard support.

I don't like Leftovers on Shell Smash Carracosta -- the health recovery doesn't really help too much in the sweep considering the lowered defenses of Costa after a smash. If you wanted a defensive item then White Herb would probably be best; otherwise, I'd simply just opt for Lum Berry to give yourself extra opportunities to sweep. This way, you can 2HKO something like Alomomola using Stone Edge without it having to Toxic stall you. This is also particularly helpful against things like Liepard whose Twave/Swagger shenanigans won't put an end to your sweep.

Lum->Lefties on Carracosta

Rotom-S@Scarf
    Timid 252 satk / 252 spe / 4 hp
    Thunderbolt/Trick/Air Slash/Volt Switch

Kangaskhan@Silk Scarf
    Jolly 252 atk / 252 spe / 4 hp
    Double Edge / Fake Out / Sucker Punch / Earthquake

Good luck with the team, hope I helped
    mafreel likes this.
  3. mafreel

mafreel

Oookay!
    I tried the new team and it is very good. Rotom-Fan is fantastic: trick volt switch > all. It is immune to earthquake by mold breaker user, Haunter it isn't. Flying Levitate = love ahaha

Silk Scarf Kangaskan is amazing. I always played it with Life Orb and Return, but Silk Scarf with Double Edge is amazing; and kangaskan hits very hard also without Life Orb: i will use this set for ever.

Ops, sorry for Carracosta with leftovers, it had Life Orb; my bad. :*

But there are a few problem. Rock Pokèmon with boost-move. For example Rock Polish Relicanth, oh god, after a Rock Polish It is impossible to stop it: Head Smash kills scolipede, rotom-fan and Ludicolo with or without Stealth Rock damage. Waterfall for Golurk. Kangaskan can do nothing against a 100/150 rock type, and it will be crash by Head Smash.

The option is Carracosta, but i not want use it too early and just for Relicanth.

But relicanth is just an example.

Thanks for the rate and sorry again for my english.
  4. scorpdestroyer

scorpdestroyer is a pious radio
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Mentor

I'm not going to give a full rate, but I'd like you to note that Relicanth can be dealt with with a combination of Kangaskhan (Sucker Punch) and Carracosta's priority. Apart from maybe Rotom-S's Choice-locked Air Slash, it also doesn't find many opportunities to set up against your team since every member can deal with it, so it really isn't a problem. I'd also like to recommend your Golurk to change its EV spread to 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe; this gives you enough speed to outrun maximum Speed Adamant Golem so that you can 2HKO it with Earthquake.

Also, I hope you're not running Life Orb Carracosta with Sturdy! If you like the extra power from Life Orb, you should use Solid Rock instead, since it gives you some setup opportunities as well and you don't really have a foolproof method of keeping rocks off the field. It's just preference though. Also, I would recommend a Jolly Nature on Carracosta, since this lets you outspeed things like Scolipede, Tauros, and Serperior at +2 Speed and the latter two would otherwise give you big problems.
    mafreel likes this.
  5. mafreel

mafreel

Ah! I used max hp golurk because it resist to more attacks, I didn't think the speed was much important for it, but in fact even in OU for many slow Pokémons, the speed matters a lot. Hmm, I will learn better the NU.

For Carracosta, i forgot edit it. Now i use it with Lum Berry. Right for the Jolly Nature, i used adamant for use Aqua jet with good damage without Shell Smash, for the Pokèmons weakened but strong, and when Kangaskan is KO. But i think jolly is more important.

Thanks for the rate.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)