Tesshido 3/3

Status
Not open for further replies.

prem

failed abortion
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
again ignoring tangela and yanma but easy to add in if told to.

Overview
########

• Is a great support pokemon with its good bulk, typing, and support movepool.
  • One of the better entry hazard users in the metagame
  • Is capable of checking the frightening set up sweepers due to its typing
  • Typing leaves it vulnerable to top threats, many of whom can use Ferroseed as set up fodder.
SET NAME
#######
name: Utility
move 1: Leech Seed
move 2: Bullet Seed
move 3: Stealth Rock / Spikes
move 4: Thunder Wave / Protect / Spikes
Ability: Iron Barbs
Item: Eviolite
Evs: 84 HP / 36 Atk / 188 Def / 148 SpD / 36 Spe
nature: Careful

Moves
=======
  • Leech seed gives you both recovery and passive damage, allowing Ferroseed to heal itself while maintaining your momentum.
  • bullet seed is the STAB of choice as it allows Ferroseed to beat sturdy users such as Tirtouga.
  • Ferroseed is very good at setting either Spikes or Stealth rock due to its fabulous typing and bulk giving it an ample amount of free turns
  • Thunder Wave is a great move for crippling many pokemon who would use Ferroseed as a free switch in, such as Murkrow and Mienfoo
  • Protect allows Ferroseed to scout opponent moves, play mind games, and works in conjunction with Leech Seed for recovery.
Set Details
=======
  • The given EVs are set to maximize overall bulk. 22 hp / 18 def / 18 spd bulk is massive when paired with an Eviolite.
  • Eviolite is the preffered item of choice because of Ferroseed's semi-reliable recovery in Leech Seed
  • Eviolite allows Ferroseed to absorb more hits overall, while also allowing it to take some super effective attacks.
Usage Tips
=======
  • Ferroseed should come in on the many Water and Grass-typed pokemon in the metagame and use them to set up hazards.
  • Ferroseed should abuse Leech Seed as much as possible to keep it healthy, while using Thunder Wave to cripple any obvious switch ins such as Mienfoo if it is capable of doing it.
  • Ferroseed is capable of slowly grinding out threats such as Misdreavus if it lacks a set up move, abusing Leech seed recovery and Bullet Seed.
Team Options
=======
  • Spritzee is loved by ferroseed as they are good at covering each others weaknesses, while also helping keep each other alive with wish / leech seed
  • Pokemon who enjoy Thunder Wave support such as Houndour and Honedge are good teammates
  • things to soak fire hits such as Chinchou, Houndour, or Ponyta as a lot will be aimed at Ferroseed.
  • Fighting resists such as Misdreavus and Trubbish are great partners for Ferroseed.
  • Set up Sweepers such as Scraggy can easily take advantage of Ferroseed, making revenge killers such as Fletchling and Choiced Scarf pokemon valuable teammates.
  • Defog is a real problem as it removes Ferroseed's hazards, making Pawniard an ideal teammate for soaking up the Defogs.
Other Options
#######
  • Iron Head is a reliable Steel-typed STAB for Ferroseed to reliably check Fairy types, but Bullet Seed is generally more useful to deal with Tirtouga
  • Seed Bomb is a consistent Grass-typed STAB, but the existance of Sturdy users makes Bullet Seed the more desireable option
  • Toxic is more passive option for Ferroseed to deal damage, allowing Ferroseed to focus on chipping away the opponents health with protect and Leech Seed.
Checks and Counters
#######

**Fighting-types** : Meditite, Mienfoo, Scraggy, Timburr all can come in with little fear and threaten Ferroseed with their Fighting-typed STAB.

**Fire-Types**: Houndour, Ponyta, and Larvesta work in the same way Fighting-types do, having relatively free switch ins while being able to threaten Ferroseed.

*Grass-types**: While Grass-types do not actually threaten Ferroseed, Ferroseed also fails to threaten them. Depending on the set, These free turns could be a struggle for both players.

**Defog and Rapid Spin**: Pokemon such as Drilbur and Vullaby do not actually beat Ferroseed, but removes the hazards Ferroseed struggled to put up.

**Pawniard**: Pawniard fears nothing Ferroseed has, and can easily use Ferroseed as set up bait. It does not even fear Thunder Wave that much due to Sucker Punch

**Misdreavus**: Misdreavus's massive bulk allows it to set up on Ferroseed almost for free, only fearing Thunder Wave

Last edited:
this is a really strong skeleton prem.

The one thing I don't see to much use for is Seed Bomb. In this metagame withh sturdy smashers like Tirtouga, you need Bullet Seed. Seed Bomb is better in whatever this new formats AC is. Because its not bad, but really shouldn't be used right now.

gyro ball can go in oo since it hits annoying pokemon like yanma / chlorophyll tangela / swirlix after berry juice / 19 speed mons hard, but otherwise does less damage than iron head

Goddess Briyella

Banned deucer.
  • As Raseri touched on, Bullet Seed is the superior Grass STAB option over Seed Bomb. Even with Fairy-types around, Bullet Seed is superior to Iron Head as well as far as coverage goes. I think Bullet Seed should be the definitive second move with no slashes and Iron Head should be moved to Other Options.
  • Stealth Rock should be the third definitive move with no slashes. There is no reason to run anything over this.
  • Only 84 HP EVs are necessary to have the value that you have with 88 EVs (22 HP stat).

Other than that, QC 1/3 ♥

Last edited:

Ray Jay

"Jump first, ask questions later, oui oui!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
  • This spread is not too great because you aren't hitting any Eviolite numbers, I think 244 HP / 36 Atk / 108 Def / 68 SpD / 36 Spe is slightly more efficient.
  • Why Iron Head > Gyro Ball? Most of the time if I'm attacking with Ferroseed I want to do some damage to a fast frail opponent... only thing I can really see is more damage on Spritzee / pre-set up Swirlix
  • I guess mention that if you don't need SR any of the last 3 moves can be used in that spot as well
QC 2/3 and lol Goddess Briyella stealing my format

This new C&C formatting is not friendly to my QC check formatting, but watch and see if that stops me from doing it my old way.

[Overview]
  • I'd also mention that Defog makes Spikes generally less viable. They're still definitely usable, but it's something that's still notable enough to account for.
[Moves]
  • You said Bullet Seed is better than Bullet Seed for Tirtouga. Obviously change that to Seed Bomb.
[Other Options]
  • When you mention Iron Head, make a small note that it's a better option for a Steel STAB when you're running Thunder Wave.
3/3

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
• Iron Head > Gyro Ball in my opinion, as Swirlix is gone.

• Remove mentions of Gligar / Swirlix.

• Meditite is an amazing teammate as it's not outspeeding everything without Paralysis support.

• Ground / Electric types should perhaps be mentioned in C&C, as they're immune to paralysis.

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
now swirlix is gone is there much point running gyro ball? i would recommend bullet seed 99% of the time since you can beat smashers like you're supposed to... only fairy is like spritzee and you can just leech seed it whilst it doesn't do anything

i would have spikes in both slash 3 and 4, i know it's a bit slashy but spikes are very viable over SR since it does more to common fighters/pawniard. and sometimes SR can go to something else in your team

team options, mention spinblockers/defiant pawniard, missy and pawn also appreciate hazards since they force switches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)