SM OU That thing is OU apparently - Mimikyu Team

Hey, do you guys wanna see a boring team ?
Cool, me too, let's do it then.

So this team, like the title implies, is based around Mimikyu. Nothing too crazy here really, I just tried to make a "decent" theme around the little guy, who I don't see very often. A shame, because he is quite fun to play around.

Let's get to the sets and what each of these guys do :

Mimikyu (F) @ Red Card
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature

- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Play Rough
- Shadow Sneak

The star of the team, based it around him, blablabla...
Mimikyu is mainly here to come in late game with its buddy Alakazam, come in on mons that can't handle it so it can set up and attempts to sweep, and force boosted opponents to switch out with Red Card. It does its job... somewhat well. While it does scare lots of opponents off, I never really had the opportunity to really get KOs with it. It is good at removing boosted threats, sure, but after that, he is much harder to bring in. That and his buddy Alakazam already cleans up easily, so it can't really get the sweeping place.
But still, fun mon' to use, kinda underrated right now in OU, so it also creates nice surprises.

Alakazam (F) @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk

- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Substitute

Boy does this guy love to sweep the floor when the party is almost over.
Alakazam does what he does best, wich is mege-evolving and destroy/heavily damage at least one threat. Since it also forces switches, Sub' really helps dodging sucker punches or just scout for certain moves. Overall though, Alakazam really just works as a clean up partner for Mimikyu.

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 24 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature

- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

A partner to Magnezone and overall a good defensive mon'. Since I kinda lack physical bulk and am also very weak to other Landorus-T and Metagross, I figured this would fit "best" as both a defensive and offensive pressure. In the end, it's still your average Defensive Lando-T, so there's no much to talk about, other than he does his job very well. A good boy.

Magnezone @ Assault Vest
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 128 HP / 252 SpA / 128 Spe
Modest Nature

- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch

I needed something to help Mimikyu not die against steel types, so of course Magnezone was needed. Honnestly, I am not sure if Assault Vest is that helpful for the team when Chansey and Tapu Fini are here already. The only advantage this gives this team is having an offensive sponge for special hits. Unfortunaly, this makes me even weaker to Landorus, but it does help trapping the usual stuff that could stop Mimikyu. Still, it isn't really a counter to M-Metagross. Oh well.

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature

- Wish
- Protect
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave

This set is trash. What did you expect, soft-boiled ? Aromatherapy ? Pffff ! No thank you, my good sir !
Seriously though, I got my (bad) explanation for this horribly set. See, the problem with all these mons' is they don't have any reliable recovery. Like Magnezone for example, I need to keep it alive for Mimikyu but he has no recovery whatsoever, same for Lando' or even Tapu Fini, even Alakazam to some extent (with Sub'). Plus, I needed something that could also eat up ghost and special hits in general. So that's why Chansey is here as a bad wish passer.
To be fair, it still does its job, but it has a much harder than usual. Wish still grants my team a lot more durability, helping Magnezone immensily when it has taken too many hits, as well as Tapu Fini if it took a huge hit before hand. Its synergy with Tapu Fini is great btw.
There's still one small problem with Chansey : status move. Between TWave and Toxic, I felt that TWave would help my team better to shut down fast offensive threats that could come in on Chansey. However, the lack of Toxic is a pain against stall, and Wish/Protect does not help.
So yeah, if you wanted some sort of confirmation that Wish Passer Chansey was not that great, now you have it.

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 192 Def / 16 SpD / 52 Spe
Calm Nature

- Taunt
- Nature's Madness
- Scald
- Defog

Tapu Fini is the partner for Chansey and they work great together, except against Tapu Bulu, who is a giant threat to this team. It does what it does best, removing hazards, stopping others to set up, and providing the immunity to status that Chansey can't really fix because it can't heal with bells nor is a good therapist (he is though but I'm a dumb*ss).

Threatlist :

M-Metagross : While I can beat it, I still have the potential to struggle against it, as all my mons' can die to it in many ways. It really depends on its set, but otherwise, Landorus-T can take it on rather well.

Tapu-Bulu : My defensive options for physical moves aren't that great against it, and no one can really take it on unless it has been weaken. But it is probably the hardest pokemon to face for this team. However, that's on paper, as I still have to face one surprisingly. But even then, I think it is very clear this team struggles against it.

Pokemons Setting-Up : I do have Mimikyu against them, but since Red Card is only usable once, it's not really reliable. It could run Haze on Tapu Fini, but that would mean I'd have to remove either Nature's Madness, wich is extremely useful against bulky walls, or scald, wich is my only water move in the team.

Stall : The lack of toxic is annoying against stall teams, as well as the lack of aromatherapy/heal bell. It can deal with it, but it is still a little annoying to deal with.

Conclusion :

It's a pretty basic team overall. I'm far from the best teambuilder, far from the best player too (you could probably kick my ass easily), but I want to progress. So tell me what I can change on this team, remove as many mons' as you want (besides Mimikyu silly), change the sets completely, I don't give a crap. All I want is to progress and make this team a little more than just "decent".

Thanks for reading, hope I didn't bore you with this. Have lots of kisses and bye !

I like your team but I would give that mimiku a focus slash or life orb over a red card. The red card tends to allow for easy set ups against you.

Yo, nice team you have here. I do have a couple things to say.
  • Run Life orb over Red Card on Mimikyu. This will boost up your Mimikyu's attack allowing you to sweep and revenge kill more effectively.
  • Use Moonblast over Scald on Tapu Fini. With Moonblast, you can hit Dragon Types (Garchomp, Latios etc), and Dark types (Mega Sableye) more effectively. Since Scald dosen't do much and Nature Madness can notpick oko mons.
  • Also, try using Tapu Bulu over Chansey. Chansey losses momentum for this team. Tapu Bulu can help by wearing down the opposing team for your other teammates and also appreciate Magnezone's ability to get rid of steel types.
Tapu Bulu @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

That's it. Good luck with your team.

If a pokémon is knowingly bad, it should be changed. If you say yourself that Chansey sucks, go ahead and put in a fire type or counter or something. How about a toxic setting fire type named Heatran? It resists damage from both of your main counters and has toxic.

Here's Heatran's toxic set (merely copy-pasted from another area on Smogon)
Move 1
Move 2
Move 3
Move 4
Item
Ability
Nature
  • Timid
EVs
  • 252 HP
  • 4 SpD
  • 252 Spe

Also, as stated before, replace Mimikyu's red card with Life Orb.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)