1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Gen 1 the 4 best OU Pokemon

Discussion in 'Ruins of Alph' started by Tommish, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Tommish

Tommish

I know that Mew and Mewtwo are the best pokemon in Red/Blue and Yellow.

But who would you consider to be the best 4 OU pokemon to be?

(I know that Uber are off limits but I'm talking about in game anyway)

I was thinking
    1) Chansey
    2) Snorlax
    3) Tauros
    4) Lapras

Thoughts and opinions?
  2. typon77

typon77

Yeah there's already a thread that's basically the same as this: Link

That being said, your list is still incorrect. Tauros is undisputeably the best pokemon in RBY OU, not Chansey. Snorlax and Chansey take #2 and #3, respectively, though those are slightly more debatable. However, Lapras should not even be on this, as its a decent mon that can check Tauros. #4 should be Exeggutor.
  3. Tommish

Tommish

I wasn't putting them in order as such, just naming 4 in general. I know Tauros kicks ass haha!

You think Exeggutor then? Not Starmie or anyone else?

So would Mew,Mewtwo,Chansey,Snorlax,Tauros and Exeggutor be the best team?
  4. Jellicent

Jellicent ~the spirit who loves spirits~
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
    Ruiner of Alph

If you're just looking for an in-game team, you might want to read through this. Ruins of Alph is for past gens competitive discussion, while Orange Islands is for any generation casual discussion.
  5. Tommish

Tommish

I am looking to play competitively, just wanted to get an ingame team sorted first.

So is Mew,Mewtwo,Chansey,Snorlax,Exeggutor and Tauros considered the best team?
  6. kd24

kd24 yo daddy musta been a drug dealer? why, cuz you're dope
    is a Pokemon Researcheris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

mew and mewtwo are banned from competitive rby

tauros/chansey/eggy/snorlax are i guess the best 4 but i personally like zapdos just as much as lax ;_;
  7. Tommish

Tommish

Me and my friends were going to do a comp and they said they wanted mew and mewtwo in their teams, so I just wanted to make sure I kick their asses!

Is it considered those 4 through fact or opinion?
  8. magic9mushroom

magic9mushroom

No. Chansey, Snorlax, Tauros, and Exeggutor may be the best pokemon in the OU metagame, but the Ubers metagame is NOT the OU metagame. The Ubers metagame is centered around ways to disable Mewtwo and ways to kill Mew. The best pokemon at the former are Chansey, Slowbro, and Starmie, and the best at the latter is probably Snorlax. Egg's still the best sleeper, though, and can be chucked in if you don't want to put Sing on Chansey.

*My experience with RBY Ubers is limited, take the above as advice, not gospel truth.*
  9. Omanyte

Omanyte

In an OU battle it would be: Tauros, Exeggutor, Chansey Snorlax

In an Uber battle, after Mewtwo/Mew it would be Chansey, Slowbro, Snorlax and either Starmie or Eggy.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)