The 6th Gen Unbans on Showdown: Are they Broken?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heatran has always been good, and has always countered the top threats. I have no idea what you mean by "too good for the tier's good". Is that even a thing?

If Heatran is seriously the only counter to a pokemon, then the pokemon in question should be banned. That's called over-centralization, and I assure you that Smogon took steps to prevent that last gen, and I have confidence they will continue this gen.

Unless that pokemon is called Keldeo.
Heatran entered the thread!
Heatran's Flash Fire activated!
Heatran's Fire-type moves were boosted!

(I've been waiting for a good opportunity to use that line...)

Last edited:
This thread is about 6th gen unbans, not about the new Megas.

On that Note, Genesect is as braindead as it always has been, but isn't entirely unmanageable - yet. Extremely overcentralizing however.

Thundy-I is pretty meh due to the hidden power nerf and electric types being immune to paralysis. He was, however, banned on the grounds that he invalidated choice scarf as an item everytime he was around. Overall not much of a problem.

Lando-I however is the sleeper OP MFer of Gen 6 unbans. Every team not carrying a bulky Latias or Bulky Restalk Gyarados are completely manhandled by this thing. This needs to be rebanned.

This thread is about 6th gen unbans, not about the new Megas.

On that Note, Genesect is as braindead as it always has been, but isn't entirely unmanageable - yet. Extremely overcentralizing however.

Thundy-I is pretty meh due to the hidden power nerf and electric types being immune to paralysis. He was, however, banned on the grounds that he invalidated choice scarf as an item everytime he was around. Overall not much of a problem.

Lando-I however is the sleeper OP MFer of Gen 6 unbans. Every team not carrying a bulky Latias or Bulky Restalk Gyarados are completely manhandled by this thing. This needs to be rebanned.
The thing with Landorus-I is that along with its buddies Keldeo and Tyranitar, it's completely wrecked by Azumarill. Keldeo can't even touch it and potentially gets a Belly Drum set up in its face, too. Not that that's an argument for Landorus-I not being broken, but it's something to consider.

I agree with many people that genesect is a purfect example of something that is still broken. This is because it didn't really lose anything to make it worse. Furthermore its ameowzing movepool great stats and doenload make it just too pawerful. Furthermore it isnt easily trapped thanks to u-turn and is capable of sweeping teams with just a download boost and a choice scarf. The final nail in the coffin is that genesect is almost impossible to counter thanks to u-turn being able to switch it out ver fast. In conclusion i find that fighting genesect is like trying to leap over a meowtain its just too good. Thank you for reading this post and i hope you all have a furry good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)