The Aggressors

THE AGGRESSORS

Howdy Smogon, NU community, or anyone else that views this page. Welcome to my FIRST RMT (Technically my second, but i was so noob and it was so awful so we dont talk about it). I was talking to my good friend Sweet Jesus about a name for this RMT. He stated that my team looked rather aggressive and thus... THE AGGRESSORS WERE BORN lol. You might know me from my posts in the NU subforum because thats where i spend most of my time. I have been playing for about seven months now and have been on the forums for the same amount of time. I have come a LONG way since i first started. Sometimes i look back on my first posts for comic relief because i had no idea what i was talking about... they're rather embarrassing. Lately, i have been trying to be more active in the forums and have also been trying to help out with C&C. In fact, I just finished my first analysis. I also play in the RU tier rather frequently, however NU is forever and always my favorite. This team is an NU team that I created about a month ago. Its one of my favorite and most successful teams that has peaked pretty high on the ladder (no screen shots sadly). So lets quit the Chit-chat and get to the team... THE AGGRESSORS!

Team at a glance

Intimidating, eh?​

The Team

Pink Floyd (Lairon) (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Rock Head
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Head Smash
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Hmm... you may be wondering, "Incon, why the hell did you name your Lairon, Pink Floyd?" Quite simply, Lairon is The Wall (Pink Floyd fans should get this). Lairon walls the shit out of some of the most prominent threats in the tier such as Cinccino, Swellow, and Bulk Up Braviary. His dual typing in Rock and Steel gives him 4x resists to both Normal and Flying giving him the ability to wall the aforementioned threats, who are otherwise very threatening to the team. Instead of the traditional Physically Defensive set, I opted for a more offensive Stealth Rock setter set with Rock Head instead of Sturdy to compliment Head Smash. Stealth Rocks are very beneficial to this team and Lairon is excellent at setting them. Head Smash hits EXTREMELY hard and in tandem with Rock Head, it takes no recoil damage allowing me to fire off the powerful attack freely. The low accuracy is unfortunate and i seem to miss far too often, but its power is too good to pass up. Iron head is for extra coverage or used as a secondary attack in case i'm afraid of missing or want to save Head Smash's low PP. Earthquake is for extra coverage as well, however i hardly use it. Lairon has become one of my favorite mons in the tier due to his ability set SR, wall major threats to my team, and hit extremely hard with Head Smash. Lately, i haven't made a team with out him it for these reasons.

Nimbus (Altaria) (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Natural Cure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Fire Blast

Have you ever tried Choice Specs Altaria? You might say "Oh, look at his mediocre base 70 SpAtk. He can't be a good Specs user." You, my friends, would be wrong. First popularized by the great battler Ebeast, Choice Specs Altaria is able to rip through teams without a dedicated special wall. Her typing is great offensively and provides many crucial resistances for my team such as Fire and Grass defensively. A Specs Draco Meteor hits excrutiatingly hard on anything that doesnt resist it. The SpAtk drop sucks and forces me to switch, but the initial power is something that you can't pass up. Dragon Pulse is a spammable move in situations in which Draco Meteor isnt necessary. Hidden Power ground is for the mons that resist its dragon STAB attacks such as Probopass or Bastiodon. Fire Blast is for extra coverage, however i very seldom use it. Stealth Rocks are rather annoying for Altaria due to the amount of switching it must do but i don't want to invest in a spinner because A. I don't know where i would fit one and B. There are no good spinners in the tier (except maybe SMASHKOAL). Altaria has yet to disappoint however, providing power and resistences that are essential for my team.

WC Titan (Golurk) @ Choice Band
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Earthquake
- Shadow Punch
- Ice Punch​

Golurk is one of the most important members on my team. He offers great synergy with Lairon and Regice thanks to his three useful immunities in Normal, Fighting, and Electric and his good natural bulk allows him to tank most neutral hit. His massive attack stat is amazing and lets me break through a lot of the tier. Using Choice Band thanks to suggestions from the raters below and it is working out magnificently. Earthquake and Shadow Punch are obvious choices due their great STAB boosted coverage and the latter hits Musharna hard who, for some reason, likes to switch in on Golurk. I chose to use Ice Punch in the last slot over Focus Punch or another fighting attack to hit Flying and Grass types especially hard. Basically, i really like Golurk in this meta and his typing gives my team much needed support.

Reginald (Regice) @ Leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Sleep Talk
- Rest​

Reginald is one of my favorite mons to use and is my dedicated Special Wall on the team. Boy, does it do its job damn well effectively. Its gargantuan base 100 Hp and 200 SpDef allows him to tank basically every resisted and neutral special attack in the tier. His bulk is so great that he doesn't even need max SpDef to do it. I prefer the Sleep Talk set over the Chesto Resto set for multiple reasons. First, Regice is my switch in for sleep and paralysis multiple times due to his ability to Rest off the status and Sleep Talk during the rest turns. Chesto Resto sets can only do this once due to its item's one time use. Ice Beam and Thunderbolt are obvious for coverage reasons and because it has max SpAtk, it hits quite hard. Its only downfall is it weakness to Stealth Rock which makes me quite wary to switch him in. Luckily, i can rest off the damage which makes Regice extremely hard to take down.

Houdini (Kadabra) (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Signal Beam
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Encore

Here is, yet again, one of my favorite mons to use in the tier. His amazing SpAtk and Speed stats coupled with his great ability and the item Focus Sash make Kadabra an extremely threatening mon to face. Magic guard lets him switch in to status such as Toxic and Will-O-Wisp and take no residual damage from it, nor does he take damage from hazards, keeping his health full unless actually hit from an attack. Focus Sash lets him always live atleast one hit which is very useful. Kadabra's three attacking moves are fairly obvious and maximize his coverage. Originally an idea from Sweet Jesus, encore is used in the last slot due its great utility. Encore lets me switch in to predicted status or Substitute and lock him in to the move letting Kadabra do his thing without fear of getting hit. He has provided great utility to my team and is quite essential to the teams success.

Bozo (Gurdurr) (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Bulk Up
- Ice Punch​

Finally, we arrive all the down to the last member of the team... Gurdurr. Gurdurr is one of the best mons in the tier due to his great typing, bulk, and ability to set up on a lot of the tier. Eviolite boosts his already exceptional bulk to great heights allowing him to tank many physical attacks. Bulk Up makes him even more threatening. Just after one boost he is extremely hard to take down and hits incredibly hard. Drain Punch is a great move giving him a reliable STAB move that also recovers health. Mach punch is extremely useful priority that lets me revenge kill weakened threats. I chose Ice Punch in the last slot for extra coverage and to hit Amoonguss super effectively. His main downfall is that he's completely walled by Psychic and Poison type pokemon, however he is quite effective once these mons are taken care of.

Weaknesses:

Musharna: Her insane bulk makes her very hard to deal with seeing as Golurk is the only mon that can hit her super effectively. Kadabra can hit SE with Signal Beam as well, but by that time, Mushy has atleast one Calm Mind set up.

Sawk, Emboar, and Gurdurr: Their high attack stats are extremely threatening to my team and i must use good prediction to beat them. I usually switch Golurk into a predicted, usually choiced fighting attack which he is immune to.

Hazards: Hazards are problematic for my team due to two Stealth Rock weak mons, and the fact that only one mon isnt hit by Spikes and Toxic Spikes.

Shoutouts :D

Sweet Jesus- Thanks for being a cool guy who helped me come up with the name, test this team a couple times, and for the awesome sets you create (Encore Kadabra). You're a great battler and poster and deserve all the success thats coming to you in NU.

WhiteDMist, Don Honkrorleone, Majestic Electric, Uxsee, and Agent Dell- THE BAND! You guys are some of my best friends on here and i appreciate everything you do. Thanks for all the help with my teams and for being cool people to hang out with.

MMF- You're one of the first people i met on here and i give you the credit as to why i am somewhat succesful at this game and in the tier. Thanks for being a great tutor and an awesome guy.

FLCL, Amarillo, and Ebeast: Thanks for being cool guys. I look forward to more past generation battles with you in the future!

Annoyer and Full2Half Ban Pennsylvania. Were too borked.

Raseri and Zebraiken: For hosting awesome tours and being amazing mods.

The rest of the NU community: Thanks for being the best community and best place to hang out on Smogon.

Importable (Just in case you want to try it :P):
Nimbus (Altaria) (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Natural Cure
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Fire Blast

WC Titan (Golurk) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Atk / 172 HP / 84 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Earthquake
- Shadow Punch
- Ice Punch

Reginald (Regice) @ Leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

Houdini (Kadabra) (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Signal Beam
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Encore

Bozo (Gurdurr) (M) @ Eviolite
Trait: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Bulk Up
- Ice Punch

Beatzzz (Lairon) (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Rock Head
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Head Smash
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock

WhiteDMist

Path>Goal
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
INCON!!! <3 Jesus is right, this team is pretty aggressive (it makes up for the dreary colors of your team! :p).

Right off the bat, I'm seeing a weakness to Marowak, who basically KOs 1/2-2/3 of your team once Stealth Rocks are up. Other offensive Ground types also cause some problems, like Golurk. While Ludicolo on its own won't break Regice, a full-on Rain team can really demolish your team.

A rather quick solution would be to speed creep a little with Regice. Minimum speed Regi(rock) are what the standard Marowak invests in Speed. By taking 4 EVs from HP and SDef and putting them in Speed, Regice outspeeds the standard Marowak and can KO it with Ice Beam before it KOs you with Stone Miss.

Now as for actually handling some of the threats, namely the ones you listed, I have a couple of possible changes to consider. First off, Golurk lacks a lot of power without Choice Band, even with the benefits of Substitute. After all, you are immune to Thunder Wave, most Will-o-Wisp users don't particularly want to stay in/switch in on Golurk, and Amoonguss is the most common user of Sleep (whom you can 2HKO with EQ using a Choice Band).

This next suggestion is a bit odd, but listen before you reject it. Altaria is powerful, but without Rest it is easy to wear down. Without Speed EVs, it also is easily outsped and damaged before it can nuke with Draco Meteor. So I actually would like to recommend Swift Swim MANtine over it. If you get Rain up, you have a fast and decently powerful sweeper/cleaner. You can deal with Gurdurr pretty easily, and even Emboar and Sawk if you predict correctly (or have Rain up). A great check to opposing Rain teams is a good bonus (Sun teams as well).

Unfortunately, for Musharna, you'll have to wear it down. Kadabra has Encore to lock it into a set up/recovery move. The best case scenario would obviously be if it is locked into Heal Bell, then you can assault it with your powerful physical attackers. You could always replace Golurk with Skuntank, who brings with it some nice benefits, especially a Psychic immunity and Ghost resist, as well as Taunt to break Stall easier. Unfortunately, it would mean giving up your Electric immunity, as well as your power hitter.

Changes:
Golurk: Choice Band>Sub + 3 Attacks
Mantine>Altaria
Regice: Speed Creep
Optional: Skuntank>Golurk

Golurk @ Choice Band
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Shadow Punch
- Ice Punch
- Drain Punch

Mantine @ Life Orb/Mystic Water
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Rain Dance
- Hydro Pump
- Air Slash
- Ice Beam/Toxic

Skuntank @ Dread Plate/Black Sludge
Trait: Aftermath
EVs: 20 HP / 252 Atk / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Poison Jab
- Taunt

I know you are a great battler, so even if you don't take all these suggestions you'll still do well with this team. Also, this RMT is far superior to your previous one that we shall never speak of again. :) Good luck reaching the top and thanks for the shoutout! <3 Luvdisc :heart:

Actually, you have 2 pokemon immune to spikes and 3 to T-Spikes (Lairon's a Steel, Kadabra has Magic Guard)

Sweet Jesus

Neal and Jack and me, absent lovers...
As always, love whiteD's suggestions, I'm mostly going to second him on a coupe of things because I suck at team rating :).

First off, you're gonna need 8 Spe EVs to outspeed marowak, if he runs 4 more than regirock, you're gonna have to run 4 more than him.

I really love the idea of mantine and I think it could greatly benefit your team. Swift swim will help this team gain a bit of speed because it's extremly slow. Under rain, Regice also gets rid of his main weakness on the special side. SD Samurott could become more threatening because mantine's physical bulk is inferior to taria's, but you have enough things that can get in good damage even after a SD.

Gonna try giving a suggestion of my own, let's hope it's not too bad

Switching to mantine will still leave you struggling a bit against alomomola since your team is mainy composed of bulky hard hitters and kadabra is not 2hko'ing the standard set without LO iirc. Sure Regice can deal with it, but weakness to SR makes it an embarassing option on the long term (and when you say almomola, you say long term lol). To help you out with the big heart fish, I would suggest replacing iron head on lairon with toxic. The fact your team is very bulky generaly speaking should make toxic an interesting option in general and will help take down momo. You said you barely used earthquake with lairon, but EQ counters nearly everything that can take toxic so I would really replace iron head and not EQ.

I would also try taking 4 more EV's from lairon's hp to speed creep 4 spd probopass (you should understand with our last game :p).

Love the stong aggressive team, thanks for the shoutout :) luvdisced.

WhiteDMist

Path>Goal
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Actually, you have 2 pokemon immune to spikes and 3 to T-Spikes (Lairon's a Steel, Kadabra has Magic Guard)
True, but he meant that only Kadabra isn't hurt by one or the other; that means it is the only one not hurt by either hazard.

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender
If you plan on keeping Altaria, I suggesting running Rest over Hidden Power Ground to increase its longevity. You already have Golurk and Gurdurr to take care of Rock / Steel types. I would also suggest running 56 Speed EVs so it can outpace max Speed Exeggutor, Golurk, Cacturne, and other Pokemon that reside in that tier.

To help with your Musharna problem, you can try using Choice Band Golurk over your current set in order to 2HKO it with Shadow Punch. It can also break through walls in conjunction with Altaria, allowing your other Pokemon to sweep better.

Summary of changes:

Hidden Power Ground —> Rest on Altaria
56 Speed EVs on Altaria
Golurk —> Choice Band set

Nice team Incon, I agree with most of the changes that have been suggestiod, if you decide you wan't to switch Altaria I think a Specs Rotom-S could be good for your team. While it lacks the Rest + Natural Cure of Altaria it has the ability to deal with the 3 Pokemon you outlined as threats.

Rotom-Fan @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Modest/Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Air Slash
- Volt Switch
- Trick/Hp Grass

This set easily deals with Gurdurr, Banded Emboar and Banded Sawk, It won't be able to beat the Scarf Set unless it comes in on an Eq or Close Combat but by looking at your team Scarf seems like less of a threat. Hp Grass can be used for OHKO'ing Golurk and doing some serious damage to Regirock and Golem but Air Slash 2KO's Golurk and Tbolt/Volt Switch will easily wear down Regirock.

Anyway very nice team, Luvdisc'd

I swear I've versed this team on PokemonShowdown!
I foolishly switched in my Ludicolo expecting Rocks and got a Head Smash to the face and got OHKO'd :(

What I would recommend is too substitute in a Ludicoloinstead of Altaria. Ludicolo adds in a greater offensive presence than Specs Altaria, and after Rain Dance is set up, it is basically unstoppable. After the Rain Dance, it completely destroys Emboar, all variants of Sawk and even Gurdurr. Not many pokemon can really switch into this beast with out getting heavily damaged, and he just keeps constant pressure on your opponent until that rain ends out

Ludicolo @ Life Orb
EVs: / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef/ 252 Spd
Modest Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Rain Dance
- Hydro Pump
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam

Or.. if you wanted to help remedy your hazards problem and don't mind easing up on the offence so much. Could I maybe recommend an eviolite Natu? It's actually surprisingly bulky and has some nice resistances. Plus it can set up Reflect/Light Screen as well as being able to severely cripple your opponent's threats

Natu @ Eviolite
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Impish Nature
- Toxic/ Thunder Wave/ Roost
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- U-turn

Thanks for the rates and Luvdisc's everyone! :)

INCON!!! <3 Jesus is right, this team is pretty aggressive (it makes up for the dreary colors of your team! :p).

Right off the bat, I'm seeing a weakness to Marowak, who basically KOs 1/2-2/3 of your team once Stealth Rocks are up. Other offensive Ground types also cause some problems, like Golurk. While Ludicolo on its own won't break Regice, a full-on Rain team can really demolish your team.

A rather quick solution would be to speed creep a little with Regice. Minimum speed Regi(rock) are what the standard Marowak invests in Speed. By taking 4 EVs from HP and SDef and putting them in Speed, Regice outspeeds the standard Marowak and can KO it with Ice Beam before it KOs you with Stone Miss.

Now as for actually handling some of the threats, namely the ones you listed, I have a couple of possible changes to consider. First off, Golurk lacks a lot of power without Choice Band, even with the benefits of Substitute. After all, you are immune to Thunder Wave, most Will-o-Wisp users don't particularly want to stay in/switch in on Golurk, and Amoonguss is the most common user of Sleep (whom you can 2HKO with EQ using a Choice Band).

This next suggestion is a bit odd, but listen before you reject it. Altaria is powerful, but without Rest it is easy to wear down. Without Speed EVs, it also is easily outsped and damaged before it can nuke with Draco Meteor. So I actually would like to recommend Swift Swim MANtine over it. If you get Rain up, you have a fast and decently powerful sweeper/cleaner. You can deal with Gurdurr pretty easily, and even Emboar and Sawk if you predict correctly (or have Rain up). A great check to opposing Rain teams is a good bonus (Sun teams as well).

Unfortunately, for Musharna, you'll have to wear it down. Kadabra has Encore to lock it into a set up/recovery move. The best case scenario would obviously be if it is locked into Heal Bell, then you can assault it with your powerful physical attackers. You could always replace Golurk with Skuntank, who brings with it some nice benefits, especially a Psychic immunity and Ghost resist, as well as Taunt to break Stall easier. Unfortunately, it would mean giving up your Electric immunity, as well as your power hitter.

Changes:
Golurk: Choice Band>Sub + 3 Attacks
Mantine>Altaria
Regice: Speed Creep
Optional: Skuntank>Golurk

Golurk @ Choice Band
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Shadow Punch
- Ice Punch
- Drain Punch

Mantine @ Life Orb/Mystic Water
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Rain Dance
- Hydro Pump
- Air Slash
- Ice Beam/Toxic

Skuntank @ Dread Plate/Black Sludge
Trait: Aftermath
EVs: 20 HP / 252 Atk / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Poison Jab
- Taunt

I know you are a great battler, so even if you don't take all these suggestions you'll still do well with this team. Also, this RMT is far superior to your previous one that we shall never speak of again. :) Good luck reaching the top and thanks for the shoutout! <3 Luvdisc :heart:
-WHITEDMIST!! Thanks for the rate bro! You would be correct that Marowak is very problematic as i just got swept by one the other day. Regice's Evs should help and im glad Marowak isnt that common. Full on Rain teams can alos be a problem if champion Regice is weakened or Ko'd. I have been testing out Mantine and i really like it. Im surprised that its actually good offensively. Band Golurk has also been serving much better than its previous set so danke for that :D

As always, love whiteD's suggestions, I'm mostly going to second him on a coupe of things because I suck at team rating :).

First off, you're gonna need 8 Spe EVs to outspeed marowak, if he runs 4 more than regirock, you're gonna have to run 4 more than him.

I really love the idea of mantine and I think it could greatly benefit your team. Swift swim will help this team gain a bit of speed because it's extremly slow. Under rain, Regice also gets rid of his main weakness on the special side. SD Samurott could become more threatening because mantine's physical bulk is inferior to taria's, but you have enough things that can get in good damage even after a SD.

Gonna try giving a suggestion of my own, let's hope it's not too bad

Switching to mantine will still leave you struggling a bit against alomomola since your team is mainy composed of bulky hard hitters and kadabra is not 2hko'ing the standard set without LO iirc. Sure Regice can deal with it, but weakness to SR makes it an embarassing option on the long term (and when you say almomola, you say long term lol). To help you out with the big heart fish, I would suggest replacing iron head on lairon with toxic. The fact your team is very bulky generaly speaking should make toxic an interesting option in general and will help take down momo. You said you barely used earthquake with lairon, but EQ counters nearly everything that can take toxic so I would really replace iron head and not EQ.

I would also try taking 4 more EV's from lairon's hp to speed creep 4 spd probopass (you should understand with our last game :p).

Love the stong aggressive team, thanks for the shoutout :) luvdisced.
-Thanks for the suggestions Jesus! Toxic on Lairon has so far been getting the same that use EQ does since i just Head Smash everything but it will definitely help against the Derp Fish. Some Evs in speed wouldnt hurt to help outspeed that wretched Probo.

If you plan on keeping Altaria, I suggesting running Rest over Hidden Power Ground to increase its longevity. You already have Golurk and Gurdurr to take care of Rock / Steel types. I would also suggest running 56 Speed EVs so it can outpace max Speed Exeggutor, Golurk, Cacturne, and other Pokemon that reside in that tier.

To help with your Musharna problem, you can try using Choice Band Golurk over your current set in order to 2HKO it with Shadow Punch. It can also break through walls in conjunction with Altaria, allowing your other Pokemon to sweep better.

Summary of changes:

Hidden Power Ground —> Rest on Altaria
56 Speed EVs on Altaria
Golurk —> Choice Band set
-Thanks for the rate FLCL! Rest and the speed evs on Altaria seem like a good choice and i think ill give it a shot if i get tired of using Mantine. Again, Band Golurk is a much better choice so thanks for that!

Nice team Incon, I agree with most of the changes that have been suggestiod, if you decide you wan't to switch Altaria I think a Specs Rotom-S could be good for your team. While it lacks the Rest + Natural Cure of Altaria it has the ability to deal with the 3 Pokemon you outlined as threats.

Rotom-Fan @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Modest/Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Air Slash
- Volt Switch
- Trick/Hp Grass

This set easily deals with Gurdurr, Banded Emboar and Banded Sawk, It won't be able to beat the Scarf Set unless it comes in on an Eq or Close Combat but by looking at your team Scarf seems like less of a threat. Hp Grass can be used for OHKO'ing Golurk and doing some serious damage to Regirock and Golem but Air Slash 2KO's Golurk and Tbolt/Volt Switch will easily wear down Regirock.

Anyway very nice team, Luvdisc'd
-Thanks for the suggestion New Breed! I think we've battle a couple of times on PO so i know that you know what youre doing. Rotom-S seems like a cool poke to use in the last slot and i think ill give it a shot.

I swear I've versed this team on PokemonShowdown!
I foolishly switched in my Ludicolo expecting Rocks and got a Head Smash to the face and got OHKO'd :(

What I would recommend is too substitute in a Ludicoloinstead of Altaria. Ludicolo adds in a greater offensive presence than Specs Altaria, and after Rain Dance is set up, it is basically unstoppable. After the Rain Dance, it completely destroys Emboar, all variants of Sawk and even Gurdurr. Not many pokemon can really switch into this beast with out getting heavily damaged, and he just keeps constant pressure on your opponent until that rain ends out

Ludicolo @ Life Orb
EVs: / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef/ 252 Spd
Modest Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Rain Dance
- Hydro Pump
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam

Or.. if you wanted to help remedy your hazards problem and don't mind easing up on the offence so much. Could I maybe recommend an eviolite Natu? It's actually surprisingly bulky and has some nice resistances. Plus it can set up Reflect/Light Screen as well as being able to severely cripple your opponent's threats

Natu @ Eviolite
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Impish Nature
- Toxic/ Thunder Wave/ Roost
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- U-turn
-Hi NidoJosh! Lairon hits like a truck! Thanks for the suggestions. Ludicolo is certainly amazing in this meta right now but im not too sure if it would fit in that last spot too well. Altaria is my fall back check to fighting threats thanks to its great bulk and typing who Ludicolo can't really deal without rain. Same goes for Natu. While it would be nice to keep hazards off the field, Altaria (or Mantine) provide extremely useful resistances and bulk to the team in which Natu doesnt have.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
BU Braviary sweeps you clean with little troubles.

He can force out -2 Altaria locked into DM, or locked into any other move if at +0, Gurdurr, Golurk, and Kadabra, 2/3 of your team, and then proceed to bring the pain. If you bring in Lairon and Braviary uses Bulk Up you lose, because the next turn he will use Bulk Up again, which will let him take the Head Smash for 66 - 77.91%. Then he can easily Roost 'till you are out of pps (8 pps, while only the 6 wil usually hit).

Regice is 2hkoed by Brave Bird with SR up, so it doesn't work either.

Finally Kadabra, which can check Braviary because he forces him to Encore, will only work once, and after his Sash is broken he will die if he tries to come in.

You can do two things to fix this problem. You can use Roar over Iron Head to beat BU Braviary unless he is the last mon. Or you can use Toxic, which will allow you to be a full-proof BU Braviary counter, as after you force him to Roost, you can easily Toxic him to death.

By using Toxic/Roar over Iron Head on Lairon you also will have a much easier time against CM Musharna. If Musharna lacks Heal Bell then you Toxic it and congrats you just won, and if it carries Heal Bell you can still Toxic him over and over again, winning eventually as Toxic has more pp than Heal Bell. Roar works too, but it only delays the problem. So it seems that giving Toxic to Lairon will solve many problems to your team.

Hey Incon! :) It's been a while. Thanks for the shout out!

WhiteD's suggestions are good as always and I would definitely agree with him about Mantine. Your team overall looks like it has trouble with Rain and bulky waters in general. This could be problematic since Rain has been getting more use. Mantine's ability will make water attacks useless and he has great special bulk. Like other people have said, a SS user would be beneficial since your team lacks speed.

While the set WhiteD suggested is good, I would recommend HP Grass for the last moveslot. Your team looks like it could have problems with Seismitoad, especially if Regice is gone. Once it sets up Rain Dance, it becomes hard to stop. LO Hydro Pump hits like a freaking truck! HP Grass on Mantine easily OHKO's Seismitoad and will help deal with other waters.

To alleviate your other weaknesses, I suggest you give Kadabra a Life Orb. Since you are not using Kadabra for the lead position, Focus Sash wouldn't be a good option. You do not have a Rapid Spinner to get rid of hazards and the sash will break once you bring him out. Kadabra has very high special attack for a NFE and does a lot of damage with LO.

Hidden Power Grass -> Ice Beam on Mantine
Life Orb -> Focus Sash on Kadabra

Hope I was able to help you somewhat and once again, great team! Luvdisc'd!!! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)