Take-Mikazuchi (Metagross) @ Leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 204 HP / 144 Atk / 160 SAtk
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Meteor Mash
- Pursuit
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Explosion

These first three are my core focus, with CB Hera at the helm. The idea is to eliminate Gengar so Heracross can better predict Skarm and Focus Punch. This possibly rouses two questions:
  • Why not just use Magneton so you can Megahorn everything and not give a fuck?
    • Two reasons, actually. First off, using Magneton implies that Skarmory gets at least one layer of Spikes out. Since it's an unsaid taboo to use both Magneton and a Spinner on the same team, I opted for a team structure that would allow me to eliminate Gengar as opposed to destroying Skarmory (these cause the biggest obstacles in CB Hera's success, IMO) and be able to use a Spinner. The second reason is because I have little reason to use Magneton outside of supporting Heracross (Salamence is debatable, considering how I play) and for that, it just didn't fit.
  • Why use Metagross as a Pursuiter?
    • Gengar has been holding on to Giga Drain a lot more recently, whenever I decide to use a Pursuit Tyranitar. There's also Houndoom, but it contributes little else to the team, as is. The extra resilience to Gengar's attacks is highly appreciated for what I lose in Pursuit damage.
    • Because I'm a damn hipster.

I like this core overall, as Salamence/Heracross creates some lovely offensive pressure, and Metagross supports it, getting rid of Forretress who can still mess with Heracross, Exploding on bulky waters to help Salamence, and of course the already mention Pursuit support to help Hera/Cloyster's Rapid Spin.

Kintoki-Douji (Cloyster) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Shell Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 80 SAtk / 176 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Spikes
- Surf
- Rapid Spin
- Explosion

Tomoe (Regice) @ Leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 140 SAtk / 20 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Rest
- Thunder
- Psych Up

Sukuna-Hikona (Celebi) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 240 HP / 148 Def / 120 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Leech Seed
- Heal Bell
- Recover
- Psychic

The rest of the guys are doing obvious jobs. Cloyster Spins and Spikes, Regice is walling, Celebi is healing and is the odd man out of the Lapras Corollary.. After a few revisions, Regice just remained there for potential Lapras Corollary status. I wanted to switch Celebi out for something else, but Regice can't handle repeated bashings from Zapdos alone (at least, not when I play it). The team gets opened up pretty easily by a well placed Metagross. I originally had Reflect Starmie for that purpose, so that hole was created from the decision to replace it with Cloyster. Surf at least helps a little bit, though, right?

I was going to flesh this out a bit more on my own and make the post a bit more decorative, but I'm a bit unenthused. Have at it.

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
If having redundancy for Zapdos is your main reason for using Celebi you could give Snorlax a try. It's less reliable as a wall but gives you more offensive presence. Plus it actually fits the corollary.

Also I find it hilarious how a team based on the color blue would have a Metagross weakness. I'm not sure what you'd be able to do there except giving up on having Spikes and going back to Reflect Starmie, or just giving up on having even Rapid Spin and just using something like Suicune or Swampert.

This team also seems to hate Dugtrio more than most, I mean half your team right now is revenged by it and you rely pretty heavily on Metagross + Heracross synergy. I'm not exactly sure what you'd do about that, I guess maybe a shiny Porygon2 might come to mind if it gets extra-annoying, although I don't think P2 would fit well outside of that role.

Light screen Milo over celebi? One less guy for duggy to pick on, helps against meta quite a bit, and light screen should help with zap. Also think about psychic on meta maybe for the accurate kill on gar even if it stays in and burns you. Hurts the pert as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)