Gen 6 The "Are my Pokémon IVs and Nature good?" Thread

I thought you were responding to yourself there at first. lol

Anyways I always thought the chances of getting a 31/x/31/31/31/31 Modest Xerneas was around 1 in 11815

To get 5 perfect IVs in general would be a 1/1024 chance.
There are 6 different ways you can get 5 perfect IV:
x/31/31/31/31/31
31/x/31/31/31/31
31/31/x/31/31/31
31/31/31/x/31/31
31/31/31/31/x/31
31/31/31/31/31/x

But we only need the second spread, which is a 1/6 chance on top of the 1/1024 chance. That's a 1 in 6144. Factoring the 52% of getting the nature you want (Modest Synchronize) then that gives you a 1 in 11815 chance.

Though knowing me I probably left out a huge detail. >_>
You know what? You might be right, I may have done the probability wrong.

Either way, the point is that it's freakin' hard, lol.

I know this is technically non-topic related but it just hurts my eyes to see this grammar mistake. "Are my Pokemon Ivs..." and not "Is".
Sorry for interrupting the discussion, please continue.

Ok so after many more hours of resetting I get modest Xerneas with
HP 201
At 127
Def 108
Sp At 166
Sp Def 118
Spd 119

I'm thinking this is a keeper. Thoughts?

Oh lol in that case I think I might just aim for one that's got 31 IVs in HP/SPA/SPE. Just wondering, how important is the defense stat?

Oh lol in that case I think I might just aim for one that's got 31 IVs in HP/SPA/SPE. Just wondering, how important is the defense stat?
Just worked out the IV's and they are
HP: 30 - 31
Att: 12 - 13
Def: 16 - 17
SpA: 30 - 31
SpD: 30 - 31
Speed: 31
I think I will stick with this would have liked over 20 defence but the resetting is driving me mad!!

I've been trying to get a flawless Yvetal and I've recorded the approximate IV's. I feel like there might be a pattern because I see numbers reappearing frequently. The 8/9 pair actually showed up nine times in my 15 recorded soft resets, and four of those instances were in the same stats, in consecutive soft resets.
I think there might be "hot" and "cold" IV numbers that come from the initial seed, so I have an idea. If after catching the Pokémon it doesn't have a fourth perfect IV, a hard reset should be performed. If there is a fourth flawless stat that may mean that it's a "hot" number, so it should be soft reset until the desired stats are obtained, unless the IV doesn't seem to be occurring more frequently, in which case it should be hard reset. If anyone tries this let me know how it works, or if anyone wants to see my data.
I want my flawless Yveltal, I have yet to beat the game because of this...

Last edited:
I've been trying to get a flawless Yvetal and I've recorded the approximate IV's. I feel like there might be a pattern because I see numbers reappearing frequently. The 8/9 pair actually showed up nine times in my 15 recorded soft resets, and four of those instances were in the same stats, in consecutive soft resets.
I think there might be "hot" and "cold" IV numbers that come from the initial seed, so I have an idea. If after catching the Pokémon it doesn't have a fourth perfect IV, a hard reset should be performed. If there is a fourth flawless stat that may mean that it's a "hot" number, so it should be soft reset until the desired stats are obtained, unless the IV doesn't seem to be occurring more frequently, in which case it should be hard reset. If anyone tries this let me know how it works, or if anyone wants to see my data.
I want my flawless Yveltal, I have yet to beat the game because of this...
Lol what? Dude, there is no way of manipulating the RNG in this game currrently. Just soft reset in front of it until you get a semi-flawless one you are contempt with. Hell, you could use one-under pokemon with 118 speed or 129 speed. At least you could have some control over a stat. Maybe only check the ones with 200 or 201 HP. You're just wasting your time doing all of that in a week or a month of what could be obtained in a couple hours if each reset lasts 20-25 seconds each.

I caught a 29/9/31/31/31/31 Xerneas right after a bunch of garbage catches - are you sure this pattern is universal?

Although TBH we should probably just avoid anecdotal evidence altogether for now.

I caught a 29/9/31/31/31/31 Xerneas right after a bunch of garbage catches - are you sure this pattern is universal?

Although TBH we should probably just avoid anecdotal evidence altogether for now.
Well, I don't know how the RNG works... I was thinking that maybe there might be IV's that are common based on what the initial seed is, but the numbers are supposed to seem random, and I guess I was really only seeing certain numbers reappear more than I expected, so "pattern" may not be quite the right word. This may have all just been a fluke or my imagination though...

It's excellent. Unfortunately, you are going to have to wait for Drain Punch and Low Kick in the next installment, so it's not useful yet. Keep it anyways.
That's what I thought too (about physical moves move tutor), but then I realize I'm too lazy to wait, so I just SRed that one.

Can't complain about what I get after less than 100 SR total, though: Timid 31/10/31/31/31/30

Edit: some minor clarification.

Last edited:
I've been digging around the GTS for a viable Xerneas, and so far, the best that I've found is one with a Sassy nature, with a 31/31/31/31/31/25 spread, HP Dark. Is this spread usable, even with the nature?

I can't imagine why you'd want a Sassy Xerneas for anything other than a TR team. And in that case, you'd want a low Spe IV. That's a pretty bad spread TBH.

Modest Xerneas with the following IVs:
31/29-30/29/31/8-9/31

Possible Hidden Power Types: Dark, Dragon, Ghost, Steel
Possible Hidden Power Attack Powers: 45, 47

I figure it should be okay if they are "close enough" to 31, but I'm also *very* new to this, and man that special defense is just so god-awful, I had to ask about it on here. Will an SpD like that inhibit my Xerneas in competitive play, and should I keep SRing until I get a better one? Or is this a less important stat for Geomancy builds?

Last edited:
Modest Xerneas with the following IVs:
31/29-30/29/31/8-9/31

Possible Hidden Power Types: Dark, Dragon, Ghost, Steel
Possible Hidden Power Attack Powers: 45, 47

I figure it should be okay if they are "close enough" to 31, but I'm also *very* new to this, and man that special defense is just so god-awful, I had to ask about it on here. Will an SpD like that inhibit my Xerneas in competitive play, and should I keep SRing until I get a better one? Or is this a less important stat for Geomancy builds?
You can check the Hidden Power type in the house on the far right in Anistar City and Hidden Power has been set to 60 BP. Also, I think most people here would suggest you reset for a better spread (the SDef is too low).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)